** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

WC - Europe Qualification > 12 October

Re: WC - Europe Qualification > 12 October

Ireland v Germany Irish punter here. Although Ireland is in recovery and transition from a terrible Euro2012, I do not see any value in Germany with current odds. Robbie Keane and Dunne are injured, and along with retirement of Duff and Given (who was shocking in euros and at fault for a number of goals) , I see this as a positive for Ireland. Trapattoni has finally changed to a 451 formation which should stifle the German midfield. The Irish team, although inexperienced and mediocre will be full of running and motivation. Trap said he could change to 433 if necessary, but lets be clear, he wants a 0-0 draw and even if Ireland go behind 1-0 the formation will not change drastically as he will not want a repeat of Croatia (0-3) and Spain (0-4). Jon Walters is up front and is the perfect man to employ these tactics due to his strength and familiarity with this gameplan at Stoke. Trap is getting a lot of criticism at home but his tactics here are correct: stifle Germans in midfield and play it tight, a break off walters or goal from set-piece is always possiblet. Shane Long is waiting on the bench and has the pace to trouble any defense if Ireland are chasing an equalizer. Despite his tactics being horrible to watch, they are correct here and Trap has an uncanny ability to motivate players so I would not advise a bet on this strong German side, away from home, with these odds. Remember, Ireland actually had a good defensive record before Euro2012. On the other hand I would not entertain any type of bet on this new look Ireland team! Verdict: No Bet
Perfect summary mate. Hence Under 2.5 Goals @ could be the value @ 2.16 with Betfair.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: WC - Europe Qualification > 12 October Ireland Rep. v Germany Ireland Rep. without Keane, Dunne, Doyle, Whelan, St Ledger and McClean, while Given and Duff ended their careers. Germany without Gómez, S. Bender, L. Bender, Lahm, Draxler and Hummels. Albania v Iceland Albania without Bakaj. Iceland without Sigthórsson, Sigurdsson, Ottesen, Aðalsteinsson, Smárason, Thorvaldsson and Jóhannsson. Belarus v Spain Belarus without Putsila, Zhevnov, Radzkow, Kulchy, Kornilenko, Kovel and Kalachev. Spain without Puyol, Piqué, Negredo, Llorente and Mata. Switzerland v Norway Switzerland without Senderos, Nef and Emeghara. Norway without Abdellaoue, Tettey, Grindheim, Pedersen, Huseklepp and Demidov.

Re: WC - Europe Qualification > 12 October Italy to Win Italy look to start with Balotelli and Ozvaldo upfront which will be too powerful for Armenia. Midfield of De Rossi, Marchisio and Pirlo will ensure we are not complacent here. Germany to win Ireland have lost too many first team regulars to even trouble Germany and just don't have the strength in depth. Germany's injuries are all replaced with quality and can see a comfortable Germany win. Easy 500 double for me @ 1.87

Re: WC - Europe Qualification > 12 October Turkey - Romania Turkey play good football at home. During EURO 2012 Qualifiers they only lost to Germany and Croatia in play-off, and in my opinion both these teams are better than the current Romania side. Romania was poor on their travels during EURO 2012 Qualifiers, managing just 1 win against outsiders Luxembourg, drawing with Albania and Belarus, and losing against group favourites France and B.Herzegovina. Romania are group leaders only because they have played 2 games against group outsiders Andorra and Estonia, while Turkey played against Holland and deserved at least a draw in that game. I believe that any result other that win for Turkey will surprise me. Turkey @ 1.72 (5 units) Bet365 ___________________________________ Holland - Andorra Holland play a very attacking football especially at home and they easily score 4-5 goals against professional national teams and I don't think they will have too much trouble scoring goals against Andorra. Last time these two sides met during World Cup Qualifiers in 2001 and 2005 and Holland won both home games 4-0. In their last games against some decent sides Andorra lost 0-4 to Romania, 0-5 to Hungary, 0-4 to Poland and 0-6 to Russia. Holland is a team that destroys their opponents and they don't stop after scoring 4-5 goals, especially in front of their home fans, so I am quite sure it will be an easy home win here. Holland -5 @ 2.05 (5 units) Bet365

Perfect summary mate. Hence Under 2.5 Goals @ could be the value @ 2.16 with Betfair.
That could be nice bet alright Aidy, but I will probably wait until 10 mins into the game to see the German approach. I suspect they will play a patient game, which makes this bet all the more attractive. The Irish getting caught cold is a worry though. Anyone know German probable lineup? Gomez is out which is good for IRL, as I think the centrehalves could struggle with him.

That could be nice bet alright Aidy' date=' but I will probably wait until 10 mins into the game to see the German approach. I suspect they will play a patient game, which makes this bet all the more attractive. The Irish getting caught cold is a worry though. Anyone know German probable lineup? Gomez is out which is good for IRL, as I think the centrehalves could struggle with him.[/quote'] Neuer, Lahm, Mertesacker, Badstuber, Schmeizer, Reus, Schweinsteiger, Khedira, Muller, Ozil, Klose???????????

Re: WC - Europe Qualification > 12 October Stekelenburg, Janmaat, Heitinga, Vlaar, Martins Indi, De Jong, Strootman, Van der Vaart, Schaken, Huntelaar, Lens This is the starting line-up for tonight's Holland-San Marino. Van Persie isn't starting because of the danger that Huntelaar can cause into the goalarea. Louis van Gaal expects to come close to the goal which is the specialty of Huntelaar. I don't see van Gaal making a subsitute before half time ( van Persie - Huntelaar ) So I thought a bet of scoring van Persie into the first half NO is a good one. I get a price of 1.90@Tipico

Stekelenburg, Janmaat, Heitinga, Vlaar, Martins Indi, De Jong, Strootman, Van der Vaart, Schaken, Huntelaar, Lens This is the starting line-up for tonight's Holland-San Marino. Van Persie isn't starting because of the danger that Huntelaar can cause into the goalarea. Louis van Gaal expects to come close to the goal which is the specialty of Huntelaar. I don't see van Gaal making a subsitute before half time ( van Persie - Huntelaar ) So I thought a bet of scoring van Persie into the first half NO is a good one. I get a price of 1.90@Tipico
I have seen it all now. :lol How do you expect to get paid out if Van Persie is not playing, may i ask?

Re: WC - Europe Qualification > 12 October What do you guys think of Ireland-Germany both to score NO? @1.85 I don't see Ireland make a goal against a solid defense of Germany. Especially with that ****ty lineup Trappa is using. I really can see an outcome of something like 0-2 but the odds are fked.

Re: WC - Europe Qualification > 12 October Hello guys. It's my 1st post on this forum and i'll try 2 be unbiased. I from Russia and sorry 4 my English):\ Russia - Portugal People say that todays match is very important 4 both sides. But why? There is a lot features in front and this game is a game of 2 favourites of the group and no more. Let's see some Portugal's away results in qualifications: 10.11.2011 Denmark Portugal 2:1 09.07.2010 Norway Portugal 1:0 09.09.2009 Hungary Portugal 0:1 09.05.2009 Denmark Portugal 1:1 06.06.2009 Albania Portugal 1:2 10.11.2008 Sweden Portugal 0:0 Yeah, we see victories in Albania and Hungary, but let's be fair, all these teams are weaker than Russia. I really dont like our current team beacause of some individuals, like Denisov and his history with contract, Dzagoev and his behaviour, Arshavin and his star fever and etc, but i really think that today Russia won't lose. I don't think that playin' at synthetic field in cold rainy Moscow will be very comfortable for Portugal, so it's another advantage 2 our team. My bet is Double chance Russia or Draw at 1.65 :hope

Neuer' date=' Lahm, Mertesacker, Badstuber, Schmeizer, Reus, Schweinsteiger, Khedira, Muller, Ozil, Klose???????????[/quote'] A risky bet that Under...with Germany involved first, and a possible line up as quoted second. I can't see your boys hiding either, that as a rule is suicide vs Germany. Game might start slowly and ''naive'' but how long for? I see the Over being close to evens as a better option...

Re: WC - Europe Qualification > 12 October Ireland 4 today: Westwood, Ward, O'Dea, O'Shea, Coleman, McGeady, Andrews, Fahey, McCarthy, Walters, Cox. Keane, Dunn, St Ledger, Doyle, Whelan are out. Germany will be without Gomez. Klose will play.

Re: WC - Europe Qualification > 12 October Hello guys, Portugal Draw no bet 10/11 @ WilliamHill Okay the reasoning here being Portugal are playing away to russia, Russia have a very good manager in capello, now the temperatures in russia will be bit out of the ordinary for the portugeese team, but with Hopefully Ronaldo there he would put on a great performance and derterminted to get the win here, obviously im not exactly confident on portugal win, hence the draw no bet, I dont see Ronaldo team loosing, i do fear tad bit of the russians, there a good team, but with portugal performances in the euros. The way they showed world class glimpses against the germans, they should win this game, but safety option draw no bet, and i dont see russia getting a victory at home against portugal , at worse for portugal it be a draw

A risky bet that Under...with Germany involved first' date=' and a possible line up as quoted second. I can't see your boys hiding either, that as a rule is suicide vs Germany. Game might start slowly and ''naive'' but how long for? I see the Over being close to evens as a better option...[/quote'] Ireland do make games very tight, pack up midfield and make it tough for the opposition. We got destroyed in Moscow in Euro qualifying yet the game finished 0-0, Germany are a great side, but don't forget Austria had 14 shots on goal against them last time out and Germany only scraped by them. Trap is playing 4-5-1 because he is playing for a 0-0, and even if we go 1-0 down he won't change the formation, so even though Germany are a far better outfit, they will still struggle to score more than 2 goals. IMO.

Re: WC - Europe Qualification > 12 October Thanks for point of view nicko. When you say hiding, do you mean playing defensive? Because I can tell you this will happen under Trap. Considering the inexperience of the Irish though, I think I will stick with my no bet and sit back and enjoy the game:) Might throw a few bob on Turkey though as they are getting a lot of support on this forum.

Re: WC - Europe Qualification > 12 October Well as a rule international games are better left alone since there is negligible value to be found, if any. What's even more vexing is that very often entire sets of public bets snowball out of biased opinions and various incidentals which invariably lead to people losing their money. Smaller stakes are advised as a result. Avoiding bookie and unpremeditated punter traps are also useful. In my opinion there are a few questionable calls on this thread, so here are the ones I'd avoid or even oppose (prices from a couple of hours ago) Russia-Portugal What a tough game to predict. The public will always side with Portugal here yet Capello's Russia is for me the team to back. Strong on all positions and about time they beat some decent opposition in an official match. Meaning they have something to prove and will play accordingly. Russia (0 AH) 2.05@Pinny. Slovakia-Latvia Latvia hasn't started this campaign brightly at all but Slovakia's price is too low, if I remember correctly they only beat Lichtenstein 2-0 in their last qualifier. Latvia needs to get going in this group and will fight hard for a draw. Latvia (+1.25 AH) 1.88@12Bet Albania-Iceland I backed Albania at home last time around against Cyprus and they delivered. This one is a straight forward good home team vs bad away team. New Italian coach De Biasi seems to have installed some discipline in the squad and they play offensive at home. Might concede but Albania to win worth a shot. Albania (-0.25 AH) 1.85@12Bet Macedonia-Croatia I see a lot of people laying Croatia here or even going for a home win, I'm not sure about that. I backed Macedonia on the AH when they played Croatia away as they weren't going to lose my more than a goal, but in this match there are different dynamics to consider. They have to come out and attack at some point, being at home, so Croatia should have more space on the counter. Croatia (-0,5 AH) 1.84@12Bet Elsewhere, Bulgaria managed a result against Italy but this time around might not get anything against Denmark, completely different scenario and laying the Danes not a good idea in my opinion. Careful with Turkey, Romania more than capable of getting something there, Hungary away in Estonia could be a bet, Ukraine is really short in Moldova and for me unbackable on the AH, Wales with a slight edge in a well balanced match against the Scots. Bolivia to beat Peru in South America also looking very good. Good luck all.

Re: WC - Europe Qualification > 12 October Russia - Portugal over 2.5 @ 2.39 sportsbet Both sides with two wins so far as Russia beat Northern Ireland 2-0 at home and then beat Israel 4-0 away. Portugal won 2-1 in Luxembourg and then won 3-0 at home to Azerbaijan. These two teams are likely to finish first and second in this group, and doubt either one will be satisfied with a point since they have the opportunity to get a break on the other with a win here. Both teams have the players to score goals and Russia showed in the European Championships that they can allow goals while Portugal also allowed goals in each of their group games (though they did have two clean sheets following on from that). Still like both teams to score and for both teams to look for the winner to send it over Czech Republic - Malta under 2.5 @ 2.73 sportsbet Czech Republic drew 0-0 at Denmark in their opening game of these WC qualifiers, and should win this game, however would not be surprised that they rest some players, as they may be looking ahead to their Tuesday home game with the much tougher Bulgarian side. Malta have not been thrashed in their two qualifiers to date, losing 1-0 at home to Armenia and then losing 2-0 in Italy with their second goal coming in injury time. Expect the Maltese to play it tight while the Czechs may come into this game complacent and thus have a much harder game than they expected to have. Like the look of a low scoring game Turkey - Romania over 2.5 @ 2.17 pinnacle Both sides fighting to finish second as Holland should win this group so both teams looking for the win here. Turkey have some good talented players but they do not always manage to put it together for the whole game. However they will like their chances of scoring as Romania have some players in the defence who are out or likely to be out. As a result, like the Turks to score a goal or two here. The Romanians have won both of their games, 2-0 at Estonia and 4-0 at home to Andorra but this a tougher test. However they have some players in form and can surprise the Turks here. Like both to score and push on for a third goal in the game Ukraine -1.5 @ 2.17 pinnacle Moldova have lost their first two games of the qualifiers: 5-0 away to England and 2-0 at home to Poland, while the Ukraine had an encouraging 1-1 draw in England. Drawing the form line through the England game you would think that the Ukranian side would have no problems scoring at least two goals (as doubt that Moldova score). While they have a home game with Montenegro coming up, they still will look to win this one well as they are fighting with several teams for the number two spot behind England. Belarus - Spain under 2.5 @ 2.59 pinnacle Belarus play it tough at home and doubt that they will make it easy for the Spanish here. In the previous European Championship qualifiers, they lost 2-0 to Bosnia-Herzegovina, beat Luxembourg 2-0, drew 1-1 with France, beat Albania 2-0 and drew 0-0 with Kazakhstan. So all of these five home games went under. Spain has several key players out for this game and will have one eye on the game with France on Tuesday night. They are the better side but it will not be easy, just like when they went to Georgia and managed a late winner to win 1-0. Holland -5 (EH) @ 2.25 sportsbet Should be a comfortable win for Holland as Andorra have already lost 5-0 at home to Hungary and lost 4-0 at Romania, so like the Dutch to do well here as they beat Turkey 2-1 at home and then beat Hungary 4-1 on he road. Holland do have a tough game in Romania on Tuesday but such is their depth, even if they do rest some players they have several very good quality players to replace them. Hungary @ 2.20 pinnacle Important game for Hungary as they have 3points in this group, having won 5-0 in Andorra and then losing 4-1 at home to Holland. They are in a tough group and are fighting with Turkey and Romania for second spot, so three points here are vital. They will like their chances of winning given that Estonia lost 2-0 at home to Romania and then lost 3-0 in Turkey. Believe that Hungary is thereabouts with Romania and Turkey so like them to win this one Germany -1.5 @ 2.30 pinnacle Too many missing players for Ireland to believe that they can get anything from this game, as it would have been hard enough if these players played in the first instance, but they do not have the depth to match it up with the Germans. They cruised to a 3-0 win over the Faroe Islands and then beat Austria 2-1 on the road. While the Irish will make it tough for them in the first half, the talent that the Germans have should prevail in the second half Greece - Bosnia-Herzegovina over 2.5 @ 2.13 pinnacle Both teams have won both of their games as they are likely to finish in the top two of this group but will be looking for the edge here with a win. Greece beat Latvia 2-1 on the road and then beat Lithuania 2-0 at home while BH won 8-1 in Liechtenstein and then 4-1 at home to Latvia. Both sides have shown that they can score but not too confident in their respective defences, especialy as Greece looks like they have a couple of defenders out for this game. Like this to be an open game with goals in it Macedonia - Croatia over 2.5 @ 2.48 pinnacle Macedonia will be encouraged here after their performance against Croatia last month, and despite losing 1-0 they had their chances to score. Croatia's defence has been a bit suspect and with a passionate home crowd urging them on, like them to score here. As for Croatia, they did not play the best but still managed to win, and with players like Modric now with a month of games under his belt, he should be much better to organise Croatia's attack. They have strikers Jelavic and Mandzukic in good goalscoring form for their clubs so like both teams to score here, and there is value on this game going over as both sides will look for the win England -6 (EH) @ 2.40 sportsbet England beat Moldova 5-0 away while San Marino lost 6-0 at home to Montenegro. The English have a strong squad for this game and with Rooney getting the captaincy, expect him to have a big game for them. Hard to see this not being a high scoring win for the English and would not be surprised that they score double digits here if they push themselves all the way. They do have to travel to Poland on Tuesday but would expect a number of players to push their claims to be included in the first eleven with a very good game here

England -6 (EH) @ 2.40 sportsbet England beat Moldova 5-0 away while San Marino lost 6-0 at home to Montenegro. The English have a strong squad for this game and with Rooney getting the captaincy, expect him to have a big game for them. Hard to see this not being a high scoring win for the English and would not be surprised that they score double digits here if they push themselves all the way. They do have to travel to Poland on Tuesday but would expect a number of players to push their claims to be included in the first eleven with a very good game here
england scoring double digits? they will score 4 or 5, then sit back and do nothing like the typical spoiled fairies that they are.

Re: WC - Europe Qualification > 12 October Not much of a soccer bettor, but apropos England low odds ‘bankers’, I feel there is value in first half goals. We all know the home side will win this and should win by 6+, but I reckon there’s a bit of value to be had in there being over 1.5 goals in the first half. Sure San Marino will probably be more motivated while the score is kept down, but I don’t see them making it to half time just down by a goal (or even up by one :loon). Of all the odds offered across the markets in this game I reckon this one is worth taking: it has come through in 8 of San Marino’s last 10 games away from home. Not all of those were against top opposition (Moldova, Finland, Northern Ireland, Slovakia, Slovenia) and they still managed to lose by an average of 7 per game. Worth sticking on to another result in an accumulator at least. First half goals over 1.5 @ 2/9 Bet365

Re: WC - Europe Qualification > 12 October Tonight tips qualifying mondiali.partita serbia-belgium, belgium to miss midfielder Marouane Fellaini.sono in doubt midfielder Axel Witsel and central defender Vincent Kompany.laybelgium at 2.98 on bf.con great confidence

will defoe start for england? or will it be welbeck? any ideas?
Defoe is on a yellow so will probably be saved for Tuesday's match against Poland. He also missed training earlier this week with a slight niggle. Unlikely to start IMHO.

Tonight tips qualifying mondiali.partita serbia-belgium' date=' belgium to miss midfielder Marouane Fellaini.sono in doubt midfielder Axel Witsel and central defender Vincent Kompany.[b']laybelgium at 2.98 on bf.con great confidence
i'm belgian and i can say that Kompany does play.but for me the odds are to low for Belgian to [email protected] BTS @1.88 should do it.Serbia is really strong at the back.But they play offensive ,so maybe there should be chances on the countre attack for Belgium.:cigar GL

Re: WC - Europe Qualification > 12 October [TABLE=class: team, width: 567]

[TR] [TD=class: tname-home logo-enable, align: right]Wales[/TD] [TD=class: current-result, align: center]-[/TD] [TD=class: tname-away logo-enable]Schotland[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] Does anybody knows if Steven Fletcher is gonna start for Schotland?Maybe this could be an option; St.Fletcher to score. He is the man in form with Sunderland.:p

[TABLE=class: team' date=' width: 567"] [TR] [TD=class: tname-home logo-enable, align: right]Wales[/TD] [TD=class: current-result, align: center]-[/TD] [TD=class: tname-away logo-enable]Schotland[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] Does anybody knows if Steven Fletcher is gonna start for Schotland?Maybe this could be an option; St.Fletcher to score. He is the man in form with Sunderland.:p
Yes, he's expected to start.