** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

WC - Europe Qualification > 12 October

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: WC - Europe Qualification > 12 October

Hey Deniz' date=' I don't think we underestimated our team, I didn't really like how our team played specially in the first half, except some players. I'm more inclined to say that we got points out of the game because Turkey didn't play too well, I really expected them to show a much better game.[/quote'] You are partially right, but as I mentioned before in my earlier post we really dont play more than this. We always play different against teams for instance Germany , Holland etc. But playing against teams for instance Croatia, Romania etc. we never had or will have same chances we found against better teams. Romania played first half as they had to. Becoz we might be dangerous first 20 mins but later we were out of gas. Never played 90 mins constantly

Re: WC - Europe Qualification > 12 October Bulgaria - Denmark 1-1. That harsh red card killed the game for Bulgaria. Sure, it was a dangerous tackle, but never a red card IMO. In the first 25 min. we were all over Denmark and there is no way someone could convince me that we were not going to win. After the red card, though and especially after the equalizer we were just defending for about 60 mins. Denmark did have their chances to win, but I'd say the 1-1 was fair result after all.

Wales v Scotland Corner Match Bet: Scotland @ 2.62 Bet365 (5 points) We see Scotland as favourites to win the match here yet Wales are clear favourites to win on the corners. This is wrong in my opinion and I think they should be priced about the same. Wales generally concede plenty of corners and I can't see it being any different tonight. Bale's presence on the left wing does help them in picking a few up but generally they get heavily beaten in this department. I expect this to be a tight low scoring affair and Scotland are probably just about justified favourites. I think they will struggle to score but they will get a fair bit of possession in the Wales half which could lead to corners. They should be priced evenly for this to my mind and the 2.62 on Scotland therefore holds plenty of appeal to me.
Wales corners 4 Scotland 5 = win

Switzerland v Norway @ 1.80 Will Hill (3 points) The Swiss have had a good start to qualifying with 2 wins out of 2 and they look a solid outfit. I'm not overly impressed with the current Norway side and was against them when they lost In their last away qualifier at Iceland. This match will be even tougher and I think Switzerland look a solid 4/5 shot at home here.
Switzerland went 1 p up after 79 mi utes but couldn't hang on1-1 = loss. Poor bet in retrospect. Switzerland had a good chance of winning but shouldn't have got involved at less than evens really. Just didn't fancy Norwat at all but should have followed price rather than fancy.

Well as a rule international games are better left alone since there is negligible value to be found, if any. What's even more vexing is that very often entire sets of public bets snowball out of biased opinions and various incidentals which invariably lead to people losing their money. Smaller stakes are advised as a result. Avoiding bookie and unpremeditated punter traps are also useful. In my opinion there are a few questionable calls on this thread, so here are the ones I'd avoid or even oppose (prices from a couple of hours ago) Russia-Portugal What a tough game to predict. The public will always side with Portugal here yet Capello's Russia is for me the team to back. Strong on all positions and about time they beat some decent opposition in an official match. Meaning they have something to prove and will play accordingly. Russia (0 AH) 2.05@Pinny. Slovakia-Latvia Latvia hasn't started this campaign brightly at all but Slovakia's price is too low, if I remember correctly they only beat Lichtenstein 2-0 in their last qualifier. Latvia needs to get going in this group and will fight hard for a draw. Latvia (+1.25 AH) 1.88@12Bet Albania-Iceland I backed Albania at home last time around against Cyprus and they delivered. This one is a straight forward good home team vs bad away team. New Italian coach De Biasi seems to have installed some discipline in the squad and they play offensive at home. Might concede but Albania to win worth a shot. Albania (-0.25 AH) 1.85@12Bet Macedonia-Croatia I see a lot of people laying Croatia here or even going for a home win, I'm not sure about that. I backed Macedonia on the AH when they played Croatia away as they weren't going to lose my more than a goal, but in this match there are different dynamics to consider. They have to come out and attack at some point, being at home, so Croatia should have more space on the counter. Croatia (-0,5 AH) 1.84@12Bet Elsewhere, Bulgaria managed a result against Italy but this time around might not get anything against Denmark, completely different scenario and laying the Danes not a good idea in my opinion. Careful with Turkey, Romania more than capable of getting something there, Hungary away in Estonia could be a bet, Ukraine is really short in Moldova and for me unbackable on the AH, Wales with a slight edge in a well balanced match against the Scots. Bolivia to beat Peru in South America also looking very good. Good luck all.
Some good calls there :ok

Re: WC - Europe Qualification > 12 October Well today i was quite busy and sorry for that i could not share my predictions... All i can say please stay away putting your money to Turkey... Coach is not capable for National Levels.He watches game like supporters, has no second plan actually i can say he has not even first plan either.He just too busy to act as fake Mourinho and sending out of squad Selçuk,Burak etc(not for only that match)...Uses Arda as AMC not left flank,he has still belief 34 year old Emre and Nuri waits on bench 80 mins, wrong player choices on Squad etc. Romania well deserved to take 3 points because we had not even any chance to goal nor shoot I believe Hungary will take at least a point on the next game.It will be key game for us but unfortunately the way how we play seems like not possible to win there. GL ALL !

Well, I have been watching the prices of the England game closely all week hoping someone would put the win to nil or similar market up at 1.25-3..unfortunately they didn't and the best price was the ladbrokes 1.2 which came up earlier in the week. Did manage to get on a few of the better prices early on though, expected they would only come down and that seems to be the case, was always going to be hard finding an edge when England were involved. My feelings on San Marino are in line with what others have said on here already. I have never seen a worse side and I've probably watched them more than most over the last few years in various qualifers, they certainly aren't getting any better and with one professional in the side (who plays in Serie D) they are going to be massively struggling for most of the game tomorrow. Ladbrokes also briefly had Netherlands clean sheet up at 1.25 for the game against Andorra which was too good to last and when teamed up with England to win to nil came in at a nice 1.45. I didn't want to take England to win by more than 5 as thats a big line to beat, but at evens earlier in the week with ladbrokes it seemed a fair price. England will be missing Gerrard and Lampard, and will rest a few people with the game next week in mind, wouldn't like to predict a line-up, but anything less than a 5 goal win would be a big surprise. The 1.16 available on England to keep a clean sheet is as close as you will ever come to a sure bet, I would be surprised to see San Marino have a shot on target. Big stakes for me. England -4EH - 1.44 - bet365 - 20 Points WIN England -5EH - 2.0 - ladbrokes - 10 Points LOSS England to win to nil + Netherlands Clean Sheet - 1.45 double - ladbrokes - 20 Points WIN
Alright night, should have been better. If anything San Marino were worse than I expected, didn't even bother trying to attack or pass the ball to each other..England were mostly hopeless, our total lack of technical ability was laid bare, most of our players struggle to control and pass the ball. How the hell does Kyle Walker get in the Spurs team let alone the England side!? His control was a disgrace for a 12 year old and he couldn't cross for toffee. Don't think any of the England players did themselves many favours to be honest..5-0 against that lot is pretty embarrassing. Could be worse, could be Irish or Scottish.

Russia - Portugal over 2.5 @ 2.39 :eyes Both gk's in very good form Czech Republic - Malta under 2.5 @ 2.73 :eyes Turkey - Romania over 2.5 @ 2.17 :eyes Ukraine -1.5 @ 2.17 :eyes Dominated the match but could not create enough chances Belarus - Spain under 2.5 @ 2.59 :eyes Spain too good Holland -5 (EH) @ 2.25 :eyes Had their chances to score more than the 3 they did Hungary @ 2.20 :D Germany -1.5 @ 2.30 :D Greece - Bosnia-Herzegovina over 2.5 @ 2.13 :eyes Macedonia - Croatia over 2.5 @ 2.48 :D England -6 (EH) @ 2.40 :eyes Could've, should've ...... didn't
Tough night

Bloody hell Aidy' date=' whats happened to Ireland!? :lol Didn't watch it unfortunately, was watching England struggle to string three passes together against a team of pig farmers and ditch diggers..[/quote'] Time for Trap to pack up and go mate. Somehow he thinks O'Dea, who has not won a game in his last 20 games for Toronto, is a better player than Ciaran Clark, a premiership regular... He thinks Cox who plays for Forest is a better player than Shane Long, he plays standard championship players when we could have Hoolihan, Pilkington, Clark, Long, McLean, Wilson, Ireland, Coleman (played first game tonight and plays for Everton), Gibson (left because he was not being picked), these are all premier league players we could play, which would give us some chance.

Re: WC - Europe Qualification > 12 October Italy just about made it for me thankfully, was very uncomfortable though, Armenia really should've leveled at 1-2 with 15 mins to go and it wouldn't have been undeserved. Would back them to avoid defeat at home to Burgaria, Denmark and the Czech's.

Don't rely on Bulgaria this time.We were pretty much lucky against Italy when they had a lot of chances to score but because of our goalkeeper Mihaylov that didn't happen.Our defence was once again weak.Italy could win the game by a few.Against Armenie this was the only shot on the target and in the end of the game we could lose once again our defence which lack experience and confidence.So i think Denmark will get the 3 points with odds already dropping.We cannot win this match for sure.All we can get is again a lucky both to score draw.Denmark to win DNB is also a good option.Bulgaria-Denmark BTTS double with Germany to win.
Got it

Got it
Please don't tell me backing Denmark was the right play, because Denmark played against 10-men for nearly the whole match, and only for the red card, Bulgaria would have won that match.

Please don't tell me backing Denmark was the right play' date=' because Denmark played against 10-men for nearly the whole match, and only for the red card, Bulgaria would have won that match.[/quote'] I agree, Bulgaria was clearly dominating the game and if it was not for the red card (way too undeserved) we would have won that one easily.

Re: World Cup Europe Qualification - Friday, 12 October

If they were priced at 200.00 i still wouldn't back Faroe Islands. LoL.. Croatia look good odds away to an inferior Macedonia side. Macedonia are on the same level as Scotland, Wales, Andorra, Moldova type of teams so i dont see them losing points in this one. Granted the Croats havent been on the best form for a while, but they got the players to turn it on. Also I like the look of Germany :) away to a poor ROI. Ireland used to be a tough place to get a result but not anymore. Germany will have a field day and might even win this one by several goals. Russia could be a good lay as I don't see the Portugeeze losing to this Russian bunch. I can see a possible draw outcome but I just feel that Portugal will be too difficult to beat, so I'll probably be laying the Russians. Hopefully Ronaldo will play if he recovers from his bruised shoulder. A good round and alot of value on this Game Card.
2 outta 3 here.. Germany had a field day, and Croatia Won away too.. Shame Portugal couldnt get an equiliser to cap off a nearly perfect evening.... Bring on Tuesday guys... :rollin

2 outta 3 here.. Germany had a field day, and Croatia Won away too.. Shame Portugal couldnt get an equiliser to cap off a nearly perfect evening.... Bring on Tuesday guys... :rollin
I think you owe Mustafa an apology on the Faroe Islands, they easily covered the handicap, and were 1-0 up after an hour. :D Well done with your winners, possibly the worst night ever for me. :lol

Re: World Cup Europe Qualification - Friday, 12 October I think we were discussing 1x2 odds, not handicap odds.. He was talking about backing Faroe Outright to Win.. Maybe Im wrong I cant remember now mate. .. Lets hope Tuesday brings us lots of money. That was a good card yesterday. Lots of value I thought.

I guess Faroe Islands should not be priced @ 40.00 at home' date=' sine they play decent football in front of their own fans, so might consider them [b']on a handicap. Bosnia not to lose, based on their current form and England to destroy San Marino at home, which is an obvious thing in my opinion.

First post for me. England v San Marino - England 6+ goals @ 21/20 (skybet) San Marino have conceded 6 or more goals in 9 of their 16 away games in qualifiers since 2005 and appear to be getting gradually worse, not better for the games they have played, as 7 of their last 9 away in qualifiers have resulted in the home side scoring 6 or more - the only teams not to do so were Moldova & Slovenia. Although the chances of England conceding are very remote, as is reflected in the clean sheet odds, I feel this is a slightly better bet than the -5.5 handicap which is around the same odds. Liechtenstein vs Lithuania - under 2.5 @ Evs (bet365) Lithuania very rarely score 2 or more goals away from home in qualifiers, albeit against better opposition and lost on their last vist to Liechtenstein. Liechtenstein had 8 put past them last time out at home and I expect them to make it as difficult as possible for Lithuania in a game they may feel they can win or at least take a draw from and I can't see there being many goals at all
Well, Lithunaia did manage 2 goals, fortunately Liechtenstien couldn't manage one. England were just very ordinary - no ideas at all, constantly running into the middle where there were 7-8 bodies at all times and when the ball did go wide the crossing was poor. Keeper made a couple of decent saves but it was average at best.

Please don't tell me backing Denmark was the right play' date=' because Denmark played against 10-men for nearly the whole match, and only for the red card, Bulgaria would have won that match.[/quote'] yes you are right.I bet on BTS and a draw not Denmark to win