Midweek > Championship > 2-3 October

Youssef

Brighton preserved their top of the table status by losing at home to Birmingham in the weekend. No, of course this doesn't make sense, but it's true .. for all the favourites also failed to take maximum points in their respective games and we ended up with a condensed and confusing table of standings in which 3 sides are tied at the top, 3 points separate 1st from 10th, and only 2 wins between 19th placed Watford and the very summit. I think it's time for the stronger sides to demonstrate some supremacy, and games like the Huddersfield-Leicester encounter should be avoided. Early thoughts?

Initially I'd say Leicester are far too short away to Huddersfield. Leicester tend to struggle when priced under three away from home and they're just not a strong away side, so I think Huddersfield can definitely get something as they have been impressive this season so far.

Re: Championship > October 1/2 My one and only confident pick would be Middlesbrough at home vs Derby. Boro seem to be the better side and with a fine H2H record at home vs The Rams the odds are very convincing. Derby only won over Forest, Charlton & Watford and all 3 are/were struggling for form and are currently closer to the bottom. I would also be interested in the long odds on Leeds away to Bolton. The Trotters fail to impress thus far with 3 wins over Derby, Watford & Sheffield Wednesday. You only need to look at the table to know why I'm not impressed. Leeds appear to be on a strong run with 3 consecutive wins (one over Everton in the League Cup) and overall they've had a tougher schedule than Bolton's yet collected more points. I was thinking Brighton at home vs Ipswich, but the odds are a turn-off.

Midweek > Championship > 2-3 October [TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Tuesday 2 October 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Barnsley v Peterborough United (19:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.06 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.75 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.21 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Brighton & Hove Albion v Ipswich Town (19:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.72 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.9 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.20 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Bristol City v Millwall (19:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.37 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.29 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Burnley v Sheffield Wednesday (19:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.25 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.79 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Cardiff City v Birmingham City (19:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.65 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.21 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Charlton Athletic v Watford (19:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.25 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.7 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.04 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Huddersfield Town v Leicester City (19:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.15 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.55 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.92 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Hull City v Blackpool (19:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.90 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Wolverhampton Wanderers v Crystal Palace (19:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.85 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.85 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.7 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.30 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Bolton Wanderers v Leeds United (20:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.7 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.84 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Wednesday 3 October 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Middlesbrough v Derby County (19:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.16 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.9 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.51 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Nottingham Forest v Blackburn Rovers (19:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.54 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.27 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Midweek > Championship > 2-3 October Hull vs Blackpool Hull to win @ 11/8 with bet365. Hull have been relatively solid this season at home, with the exception of the game against Peterborough on Saturday (which, lets face it no one saw coming). Well, some may have done as the Posh were bound to get their first win eventually! Personally I thought it'd come the week before against my Wolves side given our luck. Still I think Blackpool after an impressive start and a lot of hype from media/pundits have hit a bit of a sticky patch after their defeat against Huddersfield. The odds on Cardiff to beat them the weekend were ridiculously long, and I feel Hull may just get the three points here. I still worry about Blackpool's defense under Holloway and think with the attacking potential in Hull's side, it may be at risk. For those wanting a slightly safer bet; the DNB is 8/11. Both teams to score at 4/6 may also not be a bad call, there's been a fair few goals between these two down the years!

Re: Midweek > Championship > 2-3 October England Championship- 2th of September- 20.45 CET- Cardiff-Birmingham AH-0.5 @1.92 5/10 pinnacle (fair @1.70) Cardiff is ranked on the 2nd spot now after beating off Blackpool 3-0 showing their best performance of the season so far. Coach Mackay said: “That was our best performance of the season when you consider the team we were up against. They are most people’s favourites to win the league with the squad they have but we scored three goals, created a lot of chances and kept a clean sheet. It was great to get our fourth home win. The stadium is rocking with the fans right behind us and we’re looking a real goal threat from all areas of the pitch. We got our tactics right, executed the plan perfectly and got stronger as the game went on. We could have scored even more had we taken a few different options but I’m delighted.” Cardiff has the best squad in the league, best offense and no wonder they are tipped to finish the season as the number 1. Birmingham do not play a good season. They may have beaten Brighton on their own ground but they really rode their luck as Brighton had quite a lot of chances but weren't able to use them rightly. The Blues almost had no chances to score. The goal was more or less a lucky strike and they were really lucky that Brighton missed their top striker Mackail-Smith. They have a smaller squad with lower quality. To me, the odds for Cardiff are way to high, my call 2-0 or 3-1 GL

Re: Midweek > Championship > 2-3 October apart from the odds, do you think there might be a surprise happening tomorrow in Brighton? ...looks solid to me, but i've read some previews, which consider the absonce of their top scorer to be a huge handicap ...also, some say brighton hasn't faced tought teams yet ....that's why i'm doubtful ....thanks for your insight

Re: Midweek > Championship > 2-3 October Bolton vs Leeds Leeds have been having a pretty decent run of form lately.David Norris will return from injury after his thigh injury.This should be a welcome addition to the team & will bring more options in the middle of the park.Bolton were woeful at home to palace & will be hoping for a better display.Bolton will be a threat to leeds with some excellent attacking players such as Eagles...(both Kevin & Mark) Davies & Sordell.I really think there are goals to be had here.Leeds aren't exactly the most stable team at the back but will look to match bolton.Diouf finding his scoring boots will be a boost. Over 2.5 goals @$1.75 betinternet.com

Re: Midweek > Championship > 2-3 October

Initially I'd say Leicester are far too short away to Huddersfield. Leicester tend to struggle when priced under three away from home and they're just not a strong away side' date=' so I think Huddersfield can definitely get something as they have been impressive this season so far.[/quote'] Leicester are always priced on reputation but their away performances/results usually don´t justify such low odds (not to say they are underachieving constantly). Last season their away record was pretty average (7-6-10). This season seems to be no different. Their away win on Saturday at Boro looks lucky as well since the winning goal came very late by a deflected shot. I´m on Huddersfield @3.24 (Pinnacle) 3/10 and put 1 Unit on the draw @3.52

Re: Midweek > Championship > 2-3 October huddersfield v leicester vaughan probaly missing again. As is hammil. beckford cannot play. After a newly promoted early season run (apart from their v unlucky first game away loss to cardiff) they had a morale sapping loss to watford at the weekend, I think it might have the same effect (newly promoted team trend) as sheff wed and charlton where they might take a few more games before they can recover. leicester had an unlucky start but have started to hit their stride, and had a morale boosting come from behind away victorie from behind v boro last time out. de laet is out for leicester but no other injuie worrys. The odds have been cut for leicester since sunday but i still see value in their odds and they have a could chance to carry on their winning run leicester -0.25 2.02 sbobet

Re: Midweek > Championship > 2-3 October wolves v c palace palace on an unbeaten 4 win 1 draw run, (v bolton, cardiff, forest, charlton, and sheff wed)where they were the outsider according to the books, which they are today , you can get +0.5 2.11 can they keep this trend going? wolves are on an 4 game winning run but apart from leicester where they were lucky to win have played v low class opposition in ipswich, the posh and like palace sheff wed). ok wolves havent conceded last 3 games but v low class opposition to what palace are playing now. so surely there must be vlaue in palace odds?

Re: Midweek > Championship > 2-3 October Palace are playing well at the moment and are good value at those odds, however Palace aren't prolific scorers and despite having lots of the play against Bolton only scored once. Zaha ran them ragged and I expect he will cause Wolves plenty of problems. Sheff Weds certainly had chances against Wolves on Saturday. For Wolves, their forward line and midfield looks strong. Should be a good game

Re: Midweek > Championship > 2-3 October Barnsley v Peterbrough @ 1.91 Coral (4 points) I think Barnsley are worth chancing here against a poor Posh side. The Tykes have won 2 and drawn 2 at home so far. One of the draws was against a Blaclpool side who were in top form at the time. The other was on Saturday against Ipswich who effectively came to park the bus. I think Posh will be a bit more open than that though which will benefit Barnsley. The Yorkshire men have being playing well on the whole this season and remain unbeaten at home. Peterbrough on the other hand have generally being shocking and have only avoided defeat in 1 game. That was their last match where they picked up an excellent win at Hull. Ferguson made some changes and it paid off. I'm not yet convinced though that these changes will be the answers to his prayers and as it stands, you have to put that down as a one off where everything just clicked rather than a long term solution. Ultimately, Barnsley have been in very good form and have won 50% of their home games whilst Posh have been shocking and lost every game this season bar 1. For my money that makes Barnsley a solid looking bet at 10/11.

Re: Midweek > Championship > 2-3 October Burnley vs Sheffield Wednesday Burnley - 2.2 BetVictor Sheffield Wednesday have lost their last 5 in a row in the league after a promising start. They were only defeated 1-0 by Wolves on Saturday but were poor and did not look like scoring that day. They are leaking goals badly with them conceding the joint most in the league with 17 goals conceded. The Owls currently have many players injured with the likes of Reda Johnson, Kieran Lee, Mark Beevers already out with Rhys McCabe and Lewis Buxton doubtful for this one too. Burnley were very unlucky against Millwall on Saturday having a perfectly good goal disallowed and then to go on and concede in the dying seconds of the game to draw with the lions. Burnley have a terrific striker who is scoring them goals in Charlie Austin and with Wednesday's leaky defence I can see him getting a chance or two and taking them.

Re: Midweek > Championship > 2-3 October Bristol City vs Millwall Both Teams To Score @1.67 Blue Square Bristol have scored 13 and conceded 11 at home. Millwall have scored 7 and conceded 10 away. I predict a very attacking game with both teams getting on the score sheet. both teams last 6 games have had 5 games with both teams scoring. [TABLE=class: last_6_results, width: 100%]

[TR] [TD=width: 170, align: right]Leeds 3-2 (h) L[/TD] [TD=width: 180, align: center]Last 6 Results[/TD] [TD=width: 170, align: left]D Burnley 2-2 (a)[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 170, align: right]Watford 2-2 (a) D[/TD] [TD=width: 170, align: left]L Brighton 2-1 (h)[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 170, align: right]Peterborough 2-1 (a) W[/TD] [TD=width: 170, align: left]L Cardiff 2-0 (h)[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 170, align: right]Blackburn 5-3 (h) L[/TD] [TD=width: 170, align: left]L Hull 4-1 (a)[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 170, align: right]Barnsley 1-0 (a) L[/TD] [TD=width: 170, align: left]W Middlesbrough 3-1 (h)[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 170, align: right]Cardiff 4-2 (h) W[/TD] [TD=width: 170, align: left]L Sheff Wed 3-2 (a)[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Two for me, although I absolutely hate the championship midweek! Huddersfield + 0.25 @ 1.9 - bet365. Peterborough + 0.5 @ 2.02 - bet365. Reasoning already above regarding Huddersfield. I just don't think this Leicester side are deserving of the favourites tag away from home. Certainly not against this Huddersfield side. Regarding Barnsley, I just think they're too short here. They're being priced @ 1.75 with bet365, which I think is just too short for a side that will likely still be bottom ten come May. Peterborough have had a terrible start to the season, but beating hull at the weekend was no mean feat, and they showed some signs of returning to their free scoring self. Oakwell is usually a difficult place to visit, but I can't be having Barnsley as odds on favourites. I think they're more likely to win when they have to fight for the three points.

Re: Midweek > Championship > 2-3 October *Wolves WIN @ 1.84 Betfair* Boukari will be out for Wolves tonight, which is a bit of a blow for them. Ward was initially a doubt, but all seems to be well with him now and he is expected to start. Wolves are in hot form at the moment, having won their last 4 league games on the trot, and should be a good chance to make it 5 in a row at home, althought Palace are no pushovers. Wolves, however, know that they could possibly lead the championship after tonight if they win and other results go their way. Palace have had some good results lately, 1-0 win at Bolton, 3-2 win v Cardiff, 1-0 win at Charlton, 2-1 win v Wednesday, but i still think Wolves are a better side than them, and with home advantage i expect Wolves to win, as they search a return to the Premier League.

Re: Midweek > Championship > 2-3 October What do you think of Charlton ? I think is it time to win against a very strange Watford side, that is built with players without Championship experience, a team built on Granada and Udinese loaned player, right? Also they have signed on loan form City and another interessant player (but they will miss also 2 tonight) but i think that this are winnable games for them. Odd is tempting at 2,10 and also went a little down from 2,20 at my local Better

Re: Midweek > Championship > 2-3 October *Barnsley WIN @ 1.92 Betfair* I can't help but think Hull took Peterborough for granted last weekend, thought it would be a soft match, and got punished for thinking so. Barnsley won't make the same mistake after seeing that last weekend and apart from that win at Hull, Peterborough have been terrible this season, losing 2-0 at home to Wolves, losing 2-1 at home to an average Bristol City side, losing 5-2 at Burnley, losing 1-0 at Birmingham and losing 2-1 at home to Leeds. Keith Hill should start for Barnsley tonight which will be a big boost, Hassell is also available for selection again, Silva is likely to miss out. Peterborough come unchanged from the Hulls game more than likely. Peterborough will more than likely stick with the 3-5-2 formation that shocked Hull, but you can't play like that in all your away games, you will get found out at the back being too attack-minded, and the door should be open for Barnsley to score a couple tonight and win this match.

Re: Midweek > Championship > 2-3 October *Bristol City v Millwall Over 2.5 Goals @ 1.75 Betfair* *Cardiff v Birmingham Over 2.5 Goals @ 1.83 Betfair* Bristol City have some major injury worries coming into tonight's game, which should mean goals...... Both Elokobi and Bryan got injured in the last game against Leeds and Greg Cunningham is still out. So Millwall will come here with a mind to attack for sure. Paul Robinson is out for Millwall but Osborne, Taylor and Smith could all return for Millwall. Bristol City's last 4 games have gone over, and 6 of their last 7 have gone over. 6 of Millwall's last 7 games have gone over, so 1.75 looks a very nice price here. Cardiff have a few injury worries of their own tonight which should also open up this match. Tommy Smith is out, along with Mutch, McPhail, Gestede, Maynard and Bellamy could also miss out. Carr misses out for Birmingham at the back, Caddis, Murphy and Ibanez are out too, so both teams are far from full strength, with both defences leaking goals very likely. Cardiff have gone over in 5 of their last 6 games, and Birmingham have gone over in 3 of their last 4, so definately value with the overs here i feel.

Re: Midweek > Championship > 2-3 October First post here is some thoughts for tonights games. Bristol City every home game has gone over 4 goals. Milwall every away game has gone over 2.5 Over 2.5 goals 4/5. Cardiff have won 4 out of 4 at home beating Huddersfield, Wolves, Leeds and Blackpool 3-0 last weekend all teams in the top half. Birmingham have 1 won away out of 4 suprisingly against the league leaders. But Cardiff look strong at home. Cardiff 5/6. Burnley at home 3 of 4 games gone over 2.5. Sheff Wed 3 of 4 away games gone over 2.5 Over 2.5 goals 4/6. Bolton 2 of 4 home games gone over 2.5. Leeds all 4 away game gone over 2.5 Over 2.5 goals 8/11.

Re: Midweek > Championship > 2-3 October *Charlton v Watford Over 2.5 Goals @ 2.00 Betfair* *Watford WIN @ 3.30 Betfair* Although Charlton are at home, i think Watford have a great chance tonight. Charlton have a lot of injuries to deal with, including the injury of the captain Johnnie Jackson last weekend in the match against Blackburn. Ricardo Fuller could also miss out as he may still have a virus. Striker Yann Kermorgant is out, defenders Matt Taylor and Rhoy Wiggins are injured and Andy Hughes is still not fully fit. They have signed Man City youngster Abdul Razak on loan out of desperation and he could start. There are some positives for Watford. Their striker Vydra comes back into the squad, and although they have injuries of their own, the team they will probably field tonight beat a good Huddersfield side 3-2 away from home last weekend. Huddersfield are renowned for always having a very impressive home record, so the fact Watford won there, there is no reason why they won't go to Charlton and gain a win also. Charlton have only won 1 game at home this season from 4 attempts and i fancy Watford to take the spoils tonight. I also think that it will be an open game, which means i also bet on the Over 2.5 goals.

Re: Midweek > Championship > 2-3 October *Burnley v Sheffield Wednesday Over 2.5 Goals @ 1.78 Betfair* *Burnley WIN @ 2.26 Betfair* I fancy Burnley to take the spoils here tonight. Wednesday seem to have a problem in defence, having to play a winger right back, which does their defence no good whatsoever. Johnson, Beevers and Lee are also out for Sheffield. Wednesday have been very poor away from home so far, 0 wins from 4 games and only 1 point from a possible 12. They have lost their last 5 games on the trot, so i am surprised Burnley are not odds-on for this game. Burnley have done ok at home so far, winning 2 from 4, picking up 7 points from a possible 12. They lost to Brighton at home, but other than that they beat Bolton 2-0, beat Peterborough 5-2 and drew 2-2 with Millwall. A lot of their games go over, their last 5 in a row have gone over and 9 of Sheffield Wednesday's last 10 league games have gone over, so everything points to goals here. 3-1 Burnley could well be the outcome.

Re: Midweek > Championship > 2-3 October

Huddersfield + 0.25 @ 1.9 - bet365.
The price on Huddersfield is clearly too long here and I quite like this play, I am going to wait for the starting lineups before deciding though as Beckford is ineligible and more crucially Vaughan an injury doubt - the combination of him with Novak has been decent in recent matches. With regards to Wolves V Palace I think it's really the ultimate coin flip and has been priced accordingly. Very slight +ev on Palace with the +0.50 line @ 6/5 when in reality it should be @ EVS. I would never bet on this match in a million years, it would be Wolves 5th win in a row if they bag this and that kind of run is never really backable in this league, especially against an opposition in form. I also feel that Palace cannot be backed on the +0.50 because we still don't have an ideal centre-back partnership. Blake is having to fill in at CB at present with McCarthy, Ramage and Gabbidon all unlikely to play, Blake's a good defender but he lacks height. Wolves main strength recently is their ability to hurt teams with set-pieces and so Blake at CB would look vunerable in this type of match in my view despite his good form. Both sides have strong psychology going into this and it may ultimately come down to who is the most fatigued. Classic no bet all day long. As for the rest of tonights games - awful, just awful, another swervers paradise for me.

Re: Midweek > Championship > 2-3 October Laying Bolton could be a decent bet, with the trotters wobbling around at the back and scraping wins so far. I've been impressed with Leeds the past few matches and think they should get something out of it tonight. I'm backing LEEDS (+0.5 AH) 1.90@SBOBet Elsewhere, I see a lot of people on Huddersfield but I see Leicester closer to a win honestly, Huddersfield are in a very delicate spot right now and the foxes definitely have the quality to bag the points.