Championship > September 29/30

Sir Puntalot

Re: Championship > September 29/30 Huddersfield v Watford 3pts Huddersfield HT/FT @ 4.5 Coral In there last 5 games Huddersfield have been winning at half time, in only one of these have they not gone on to win (2-2 Away to Ipswich). I watched Huddersfields last game against Blackpool and was pretty impressed with them, they take there chances and are very hard to break down. Without Rhodes i was kind of expecting them to lack goals, but they still seem to be finding the net and performing well. Watford have been poor at the start of this season and face a tough task turning the form around against the in-form Huddersfield.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Championship > September 29/30 Good evening and sorry for my bad english championship this year seems very good for the over- bristol city vs leeds I feel good for tomorrow, bristol city average total of 4 goals, average goals home games 6.33, over 5 out of 7 games, leeds utd goal average total 3.43, average goals away games 3, over 6 of 7. asian bet over 2.5 @ 365 1.725 I also believe hull can easily win if ever there is an easy win. hull city win 1.44 @ bet365 I'm surprised by the very high proportion for the victory huddersfiled with watford good luck to all

Re: Championship > September 29/30 3/10pts Barnsley to beat Ipswich - 7/5 with BlueSquare There was a danger that Barnsley could be too short for this match after thumping Birmingham but I think this offers a bit of value. There seems to be a feel good factor around the club with talk of a takeover and some results on the pitch that are encouraging for the home fans. Keith Hill has got his team playing for each other and in Craig Davies they have a man who will be feeling maximum confidence at the moment. The likes of Mellis and Cwyka are producing good performances in midfield and with wins against Middlesbrough and Bristol City at home this season along with a good draw against Blackpool, they are unbeaten on their own patch. Ipswich are at the complete opposite end of the confidence scale as they currently lie in the relegation zone and Paul Jewell is already coming out to state why he's the right man for the role. They are lacking firepower because of the injuries to Chopra and Taylor and only seem to get going when behind in matches. I'll take Barnsley to add to Ipswich's misery here.

Re: Championship > September 29/30 Being a boro fan, I couldn't believe how well we played against Blackburn. I honestly thought that was the best I have seen them play in a couple of years. We looked good going forward and the return of juke is massive for us. It's a shame carayol is out for a few months though as he brings some much needed pace to the side. Still I think we have plenty of cover in that department. Bikey has been a great signing and his partnership with woodgate looks as strong as any in the league. I don't want to jinx anything but I do think we will win tomorrow. Our home form has really picked up this season in terms of results and confidence in the team must be sky high. I won't back us tomorrow but I firmly believe we will win.

Re: Championship > September 29/30 I think evens on Burnley is a decent enough price, although they've been inconsistent so far this season, they've good a good side on paper. They've got goals in them, especially at home and i think there may be a few in this game. I'll be surprised if Millwall arent in a relegation battle this season. Results have been poor losing there last 2 at home, and they barely got out there half in there last away trip at Hull. I really want to back Barnsley, an in form side full of confidence on the back of a brilliant win against a badly out of form side with the manager under extreme pressure. Everything points towards 7/5 being a good price, something is putting me off, it just seems to obvious. I seem to remember the two sides being in similar form last season and Ipswich came from 3 down to win 5-3.

Re: Championship > September 29/30

I really want to back Barnsley' date=' an in form side full of confidence on the back of a brilliant win against a badly out of form side with the manager under extreme pressure. Everything points towards 7/5 being a good price, something is putting me off, it just seems to obvious. I seem to remember the two sides being in similar form last season and Ipswich came from 3 down to win 5-3.[/quote'] I'm having exactly the same problem and I don't know why, everything about the Barnsley bet makes perfect sense on paper. I could well see it being a defeat for Ipswich and the end of Jewell's reign there but something is stopping me from making the play.

Re: Championship > September 29/30 Bristol City vs Leeds Circumstances have changed.The takeover seems to be concluding.(or so it seems)Leeds have just come of a morale boosting win over everton & played extremely well.The team seems to be coping well with the injuries & Diouf & Beechio have forged an extremely good partnership upfront.Austin has been massive in the middle of the park & i do think there is slight value in leeds at the moment.Taking into consideration the "Feel good" factor that must be running thru the club right now,im gonna just have a small punt on leeds.With Peltier & Kenny set to return to the lineup for this game,im optimistic we will be able to get the 3 points. Leeds @ 2.70 betinternet.com (4/10)

Re: Championship > September 29/30 I'm struggling in the championship this week. I did back a few last Sunday when the prices came out but they have all been cut sharply and I couldn't recommend them at the their current prices. You really do have to be quick off the mark. Barnsley were 17/10 on Sunday with VC as an example. Not useful for today I know but just an observation that it really is worth having a look at prices early. So unless we see any nice drifts, I think I will just be chancing the 1 today.. Cardiff Draw No Bet v Blackpool @ 1.72 Coral (4 points) Its always a danger backing against Blackpool because on their day they are a class act and will beat anyone in the championship home or away. The problem with them is consistency and their record on the road so far is average with one win, one draw and one loss. Cardiff on the other hand have a 100% home record with 3 wins from 3. They are very hard to beat at home but because they are playing Blackpool, Cardiff are decent enough odds. As always I'm wary of the draw so will be taking the DNB cover but at 8/11 with the 'Dragons' home record, I think it represents decent value. The true odds of Cardiff losing this game are much lower in my opinion.

Re: Championship > September 29/30 Bristol City V Leeds:Can see this being a very open Game Leeds have gone over 2.5 in there last 6 league games and look very shaky at the back,Bristol city much of the same great strike force but very indifferent at the back have to agree with this bristol city look strong in attack and weak at the back, in 3 home games this season city have scored 11 conceaded 8 against palace, cardiff and blackburn looks like a big scoring game ...just hope city can score more than leeds :D ...

Re: Championship > September 29/30 I've followed this forum for a while now and have decided to start posting. My team hull today have Peterborough and we should win the game however the price is very short and the last time we were this bigger fans at home to drew 0-0 at home to Donny last jan so beware. We have started games at home well this season since the transfer window where we was able to get some last day signings in such as el Mohammad's and Quinn who have been brilliant for us. I expect us to score early and have taken the hull ht-ft at evens bet 365

but when we're no longer the underdog seems to be when our wheels fall off.
I'm gonna take heed of your warning and stay away as Ipswich still have the capability to get a result despite their problems, this is the championship after all. Like Wisey said there were some nice prices a few days ago in this league but they've shortened to the point where I'm no longer interested. It's annoying because I want to get more involved in the championship and I thought this might be the card to do it but I feel there's 1 or 2 traps out there this week.

I've followed this forum for a while now and have decided to start posting. My team hull today have Peterborough and we should win the game however the price is very short and the last time we were this bigger fans at home to drew 0-0 at home to Donny last jan so beware. We have started games at home well this season since the transfer window where we was able to get some last day signings in such as el Mohammad's and Quinn who have been brilliant for us. I expect us to score early and have taken the hull ht-ft at evens bet 365
Welcome to PL! Good luck with your bet :)

I'm struggling in the championship this week. I did back a few last Sunday when the prices came out but they have all been cut sharply and I couldn't recommend them at the their current prices. You really do have to be quick off the mark. Barnsley were 17/10 on Sunday with VC as an example. Not useful for today I know but just an observation that it really is worth having a look at prices early. So unless we see any nice drifts, I think I will just be chancing the 1 today.. Cardiff Draw No Bet v Blackpool @ 1.72 Coral (4 points) Its always a danger backing against Blackpool because on their day they are a class act and will beat anyone in the championship home or away. The problem with them is consistency and their record on the road so far is average with one win, one draw and one loss. Cardiff on the other hand have a 100% home record with 3 wins from 3. They are very hard to beat at home but because they are playing Blackpool, Cardiff are decent enough odds. As always I'm wary of the draw so will be taking the DNB cover but at 8/11 with the 'Dragons' home record, I think it represents decent value. The true odds of Cardiff losing this game are much lower in my opinion.
betting early probaly does seem the way to go i gt huddersfield -0.25 1.89 bristol city 0 1.9 last sunday and both have been cut but also took wolves 1.88 which has gone up in price.

I'm gonna take heed of your warning and stay away as Ipswich still have the capability to get a result despite their problems' date=' this is the championship after all. Like Wisey said there were some nice prices a few days ago in this league but they've shortened to the point where I'm no longer interested. It's annoying because I want to get more involved in the championship and I thought this might be the card to do it but I feel there's 1 or 2 traps out there this week.[/quote'] Hope I've not put you off a winning bet anyway!!!

Hope I've not put you off a winning bet anyway!!!
No don't worry mate, I factor in all the angles before making a decision, this one was a tough game to decide though. I will be interested to see the outcome of the Barnsley V Ipswich game but wont be at all suprised if Barnsley win. I have to go with my feeling ultimately and I don't think it's that good an opportunity for me, others will disagree. If people bet on Barnsley today I think it's a fine move and have no real reason to argue against it other than it's not for me, it's a funny old game.

No don't worry mate' date=' I factor in all the angles before making a decision, this one was a tough game to decide though. I will be interested to see the outcome of the Barnsley V Ipswich game but wont be at all suprised if Barnsley win. I have to go with my feeling ultimately and I don't think it's that good an opportunity for me, others will disagree. If people bet on Barnsley today I think it's a fine move and have no real reason to argue against it other than it's not for me, it's a funny old game.[/quote'] Agreed that it's a funny old game! Yeah ultimately if I HAD to pick something I'd go with Barnsley. Best of luck for those who do decide to bet on us! Hopefully we can defy the bookmakers this season and look towards the top half of the table instead of being relegation candidates!

Re: Championship > September 29/30 i v have gone for barnsley but i have a feeling that the game will be closer than everyone think's on PL its like one of those classic games that everyone bets into .public bet. they don t always work out so low stacks for me on this one GL thinking about Middlesbrough to day but not got that much info on the game ......

*Bolton v Crystal Palace - Over 2.5 Goals - 2 Points @ 1.83 Betfair* Think this price is too big, it should be around 1.70 - 1.73 in my opinion. Bolton's last 5 games in a row have gone over and they look very dodgy at the back, but at home they are more than capable of banging in at least a goal or two. Crystal Palace have played much better in their last few games, unbeaten in their last 4 after a tardy start, beating Sheffield Wednesday, Charlton and Cardiff, and look a real goalscoring threat having come back from 2-0 to Cardiff last time out to win 3-2. Should be plenty of goals in this game i reckon.
*Middlesbrough v Leicester - Over 2.5 Goals - 2 Points @ 1.92* Again looks a massive price, was thinking i would have been happy with 1.8...... Middlesbrough have gone over in 5 of their last 6 championship games, and they are now only 1 point outside the play-off spots. Leicester have gone over in 5 of their last 6 games also. The last time they met, they drew 2-2, Boro's striker is playing very well and if they keep him fit will score plenty. Boro also have a dodgy defence and concede a lot of late goals which helps.
*Burnley v Millwall - Over 2.5 Goals - 2 Points @ 1.85 Betfair* Again think this is a nice price, anything above 1.75 is good. Burnley have gone over in their last 4 games in a row and Millwall have gone over in 5 of their last 6 league gamesm. Both defences look vulnerable, that is why they are 16th and 22nd in the table and in Burlney's last home game they scored 5 goals, so we should see over 2.5 here in this game.
*Huddersfield v Watford - Over 2.5 Goals - 2 Points @ 1.94* I was really impressed with Huddersfield the other night when they went to leaders Blackpool and played exceptionally well, winning 3-1 in the end. They looked very good going forward and efficient in front of goal. They normally do very well at home and 3 of their last 4 league games have gone over 2.5. Watford's defence is rather suspect but they are also capable of scoring, they drew 2-2 with Bristol City last time out and their last 5 away games in a row in the championship have gone over. Should be around the 1.8 mark, odds are very good here.
Bolton let me down, but the other 3 bets were successful, so am guaranteed profit overall today.

Re: Championship > September 29/30 4pts Notts Forest to beat Derby 21/20 William Hill Even though they are out of form I like Forest in this match. I like their signing of Jermaine Jenas and he can give them the drive from the middle of the park to get them on the front foot. Derby are an efficient side but aren’t anything special so the quality players Forest have in the likes of Jenas, Cox, Reid and Blackstock can show off their class and lead the home side to an important derby win. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/nottingham-forest-vs-derby-betting-forest-s-quality-players-can-guide-them-to-a-derby-win

4pts Notts Forest to beat Derby 21/20 William Hill Even though they are out of form I like Forest in this match. I like their signing of Jermaine Jenas and he can give them the drive from the middle of the park to get them on the front foot. Derby are an efficient side but aren’t anything special so the quality players Forest have in the likes of Jenas, Cox, Reid and Blackstock can show off their class and lead the home side to an important derby win. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/nottingham-forest-vs-derby-betting-forest-s-quality-players-can-guide-them-to-a-derby-win
We've never been in the play off places this season and Forest 'plument towards the relegation zone' isnt really correct. They were 10th before yesterdays games and now sit in 15th with a win today putting them at least 8th which would put them 3 points off top, hardly 'pie in the sky' dreams of promotion.

We've never been in the play off places this season and Forest 'plument towards the relegation zone' isnt really correct. They were 10th before yesterdays games and now sit in 15th with a win today putting them at least 8th which would put them 3 points off top' date=' hardly 'pie in the sky' dreams of promotion.[/quote'] A red card has been flashed in this fixture often enough. Fierce local derby of course. What do you reckon on the odds for red @ 3.50 or so?

Re: Championship > September 29/30 Nottm Forest -0.25 v Deby @1.925 Bet365 (4 points) Forest have won 2 out of 3 of their home games so far and I think the -0.25 line on them is a good one. With Simon Cox, Billy Sharp and Dexter Blackstock, Forest have goals in them and I don't think they will lose many at home this season. Their weakness is in defence though and without a solid backline, you will always be in danger of dropping points. Derby have scored a few this season but I don't think they have good enough strikers overall. They lost at home to Burnley last week and they had plenty of chances to win the game but they just couldn't put them away. The overs looks a good bet in this one but I will stick with Forest on the handicap to outs core their local rivals.

Re: Championship > September 29/30 *Nottingham Forest v Derby - 2 Points Over 2.5 Goals @ 1.90 Betfair* Nice odds here, i was expecting 1.75 at most. Forest have gone over in 5 of their last 6 matches and Derby have gone over in 3 of their last 4. Both teams are scoring lots of goals, Forest have scored in their last 9 league games, Derby have scored 9 goals in their last 4 games and are down near the relegation zone, so they will go to Forest for a win, not a draw. Should be an open game.