World Cup Qualifiers > Europe - Sep 7/8

Re: World Cup 2014 » Qualification: Europe (UEFA)

Apparently we gave them a good fight. I didn't watch the game (managed to see only Bulgaria's 2nd goal)' date=' but from the reports it seems that both Italy goals were after defensive mistakes, while we played well and organized. Really sorry for all who lost money tonight, I really am, but once again bookies showed that they are not as dumb as we think they are sometimes. It seems that 1.70 was there for a reason...[/quote'] Bulgaria looked the better side to me, (I wasn't watching it too closely as I was watching 4 games at once!), the second Italy goal was a real fluke and Italy barely threatened second half..bet365 were back up to 1.8 by ko and Italy rose quite a bit as the first half went on..just one of those things. There were a lot of winning posts on here this was the biggest backed loser I guess, never mind, I certainly won't be backing Italy again for a while!

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: World Cup 2014 » Qualification: Europe (UEFA)

Bulgaria looked the better side to me' date=' (I wasn't watching it too closely as I was watching 4 games at once!), the second Italy goal was a real fluke and Italy barely threatened second half..bet365 were back up to 1.8 by ko and Italy rose quite a bit as the first half went on..just one of those things. There were a lot of winning posts on here this was the biggest backed loser I guess, never mind, I certainly won't be backing Italy again for a while![/quote'] Amin to that my brother! I missed only Italy on a ticket worth 120Euro... I will not see them on my Tickets any time soon! :ok

Having watched the Wales Belgium game, it really didn't give much idea on what either are capable of. The sending off and injuries meant we could only defend and limit damage (although we appeared to have little composure or tactical drive when on the ball) and Belgium really didn't look look they'd gotten out of second gear (and didn't need too). Belgium had plenty of the ball but did very little with it to warrant betting on them in the next game - lukaku was the only one showing much desire but he didn't get good service to perform.

Re: World Cup Qualifiers > Europe - Sep 7/8

Scotland to win. Here is my reasoning..... Serbia is stil trying to fight with their other europen conterparts about freedom and what not.... Scotland has already done this 500 years ago with the English and they won.... So Scotland does not have the political garbage that Serbia does going into the game. There for: Scotland is relaxed and ready to defeat an angry, upset, violent people. Scotland 2-0 If your upset with this post. Go see a shrink. SCOTLAND! j
In fact, you are the one who should visit a shrink. What a write-up madre mia! You are obviously not familiar with Serbian people (I am not Serbian, I am Macedonian) and you are pretty wrong. But no point to telling you anything since your brain is washed by your media and government which favourise some nations in the world that they have interests from. As far as the game goes, I agree that there is little chance for Serbia to win this game since we don't have a good strker at all. The other parts are OK, especially the defence. Scotland is a solid team, especially in front of their crowd. I expect something like 1:0, 0:0 or 2:1.

Re: World Cup Qualifiers > Europe - Sep 7/8 Very difficult match to call It's true that we scored only 1 in 5 last matches and play a bad game in our last game with Rep.Ireland,but i think that we change that.I expect Scotland to attack from the beginning and we can score from counter attacks.We have a good defense and a fast players in attack a that could be our advantage.We have a new couch and our team is also new with many young players i don't expected to win today but a draw would be a good result for us. Scotland-Serbia draw 3.2 at bet 365 or maybe CS 1:1 Good luck to all :ok

Hey Paul' date=' Serbia are a good team always? can you please explain why they have only won one game in the last 10???? Scotland has won 5 in the last ten games they have played. Please educate yourself friend! you have a brain, please use it.[/quote'] Blimey, that's some cherry picked stats there, but you are Canadian, so I'll give you a pass. :loon You count friendly matches? Then you have a lot to learn my dear commonwealth friend. Serbia's last 6 qualifiers read: W 3 D 2 L 1 Now go you use your brain and learn some manners before you post again.

Re: World Cup Qualifiers > Europe - Sep 7/8 For the record, I realise our Serbian members naturally know their team much better than anyone else. However, I do think they will underestimate their team because of emotion involved too. Scotland are not as good as Serbia, not even close. Serbia are techinically way above Scotland and we're talking about a team that only just managed to beat Liechtenstein 2-1 at home. Nothing against Scotland, but they are a very average side in my opinion.

For the record, I realise our Serbian members naturally know their team much better than anyone else. However, I do think they will underestimate their team because of emotion involved too. Scotland are not as good as Serbia, not even close. Serbia are techinically way above Scotland and we're talking about a team that only just managed to beat Liechtenstein 2-1 at home. Nothing against Scotland, but they are a very average side in my opinion.
Agree with that but i think that you overrating us.This is a new team with many young players and this is a first competitive match for them,also they play in Scotland which also may affect them.Serbia is known that plays better on a home ground.Striker is main problem in our team,we also don't create many chances in games.I didn't watch Scotland so i can't say anything for them

Scotland to win. Here is my reasoning..... Serbia is stil trying to fight with their other europen conterparts about freedom and what not.... Scotland has already done this 500 years ago with the English and they won.... So Scotland does not have the political garbage that Serbia does going into the game. There for: Scotland is relaxed and ready to defeat an angry, upset, violent people. Scotland 2-0 If your upset with this post. Go see a shrink. SCOTLAND! j
:lol What the hell are you talking about? :) What fight, freedom, anger, upset...? :) As far as I know and see, there was no single bad word by neither Mihajlovic nor Serbian medias nor any of Serbian players pointed to Scotland(but that wasn't the case from the opposite side from what I saw in some of their medias). As for the match, it's hard to say what to expect from Serbia. Quite a new team, but I wouldn't say they're as "poor" as our dear friend Alessan is suggesting. The lack of experience in this sort of matches might be a bit of a problem, but in terms of quality they can match and beat absolutely anyone in this group, either home or away. Dusan Basta (Udinese) got injured in training yesterday, he's ruled out. The present Serbian team is full of pace, probably the first time in the recent history when we used some slow and very pasisve central midfielders, so I wouldn't say the lack of natural strikers will be such a big problem if Serbia start this qualifying campaign with some positive results. Ajax star Sulejmani has returned from injury and will be a major boost, and 18-year-old Markovic(extremely fast) could easily be a surprising factor against Scotland if Mihajlovic decides to start with the formation he used in the second half vs.ROI. The only real forward in this team is Lekic who's not the most talented striker around, but on the other hand he's a little bit underestimated as he's well capable of playing some great footy. He was on fire for Osasuna at the start of 2012, having even scored 2 goals in Osasuna's 3:2 win over Barcelona(and he also scored 1 goal vs.Barca in Copa del Rey), but then he suffered an injury. The goalkeepers ain't a problem as Stojkovic, despite all his problems over the past couple of years, is still great on his day, and Brkic is playing on a regular basis in Italy in the last two season(Siena and Udinese). Plenty of options at the back(Ivanovic, Nastasic, Kolarov, Subotic, Bisevac, Lukovic,...), the midfielders are very agile and dynamic(Tosic, Tadic,...) and also very agressive(Ignjovski), so Scotland could really face some serious trouble if they try to play open game as it's hard to see any of their players being able to cope one-on-one with the likes of Tadic, Tosic, Sulejmani,...

Re: World Cup Qualifiers > Europe - Sep 7/8 I don't think that this match is worth betting on, but if there's any value, it certainly lies with the Serbs - either draw no bet or straight win. I just don't trust the Scottish team - for many years they have been weak, boring, one-dimensional, non-creative, lacking technical skills. They do make up sometimes with their fighting spirit and high motivation, but in most of the cases it is not enough. They are always doubtful to win at home exactly because of their lack of creativity and technical skill, and because they frequently close themselves into an endless "hoof the ball to the penalty area" cycle. Serbia has not been living up to the expectations in the past years, but they without doubt have quality. They are smart team, who knows how to attack quickly and efficiently. Their big problem in the near past has been games against supposedly weaker sides, where they got struck by few big surprises. Probably it is a motivation issue. In the hard games, they tend to perform well. I think they won't lose to Scotland, and it is very likely that they manage to steal the win.

Re: World Cup Qualifiers > Europe - Sep 7/8 Starting lineup: Serbia: Stojkovic, Ivanovic, Bisevac, Nastasic, Kolarov, Lazovic, Ignjovski, Ninkovic, Mijailovic, Djuricic, Tosic Nastasic(19 yo), Mijailovic (18 yo), Djuricic (20 yo), Ignjovski (21 yo), Lazovic (21 yo) A very, very surprising and young lineup of Serbia. :\

Lay Denmark 2.00 - WTF? They've done great in qualifying for sure last Euros/WC' date=' but they are still an average side in my opinion. How the hell are Czech Republic 4.00? That's pure madness and a very layable price for the Danes.[/quote'] Finished Denmark 0 Czech Republic 0 Saw most of the game. Denmark were the better side and did 80% of the attacking but struggled to really carve the Czech defence open. I thought the Czechs were disappointing. It seemed they were happy to defend and try for a point - which they got.

Finished Denmark 0 Czech Republic 0 Saw most of the game. Denmark were the better side and did 80% of the attacking but struggled to really carve the Czech defence open. I thought the Czechs were disappointing. It seemed they were happy to defend and try for a point - which they got.
I bet on CECH (+0,5 AH) and luckily won. The Czech's left back played so bad. He's like amateur footballer and lucky for him when his team take 1 point from home team. The score would be 1-0 or 2-0 for home team. Next time, The Danes seem to be much better when Bendtner returns.

Re: World Cup Qualifiers > Europe - Sep 7/8 I very much enjoyed going to see Wales v Belgium yesterday. It was like watching a Sunday pub side v a good saturday afternoon team, Wales were simply appalling. The main tactic of Wales appeared to be Williams HOOFING the ball like a clown for 90 minutes. They were absolutely dreadful, even if it had been 11 v 11 all game there was only going to be one outcome. Belgium treated the game like a training session, zero intensity, pass pass pass, very patient play. Every time Williams or whoever lost the ball, they seemed quite keen to hunt in packs and get possession back. The Welsh fans were very respectful, and acknowledged they were playing a classy outfit. Such a threat to score from set pieces with Fellaini and Kompany ( point proved by first goal ! ) The 2 question marks I have now that I've actually seen them live, is Mertens and Mirralas. Mertens is ridiculously right footed, and I wouldn't mind them playing the lad Van whatever from Bremen next time out. He looked good. I wasn't convinced by Mirralas being good enough to lead the line. Lukaku will be the real deal in time, West Brom will be good for him. He needs to get his head up! I may watch them v Croatia. Be nice to see them get out of 2nd gear. Can't back them at even money home to Croatia, who are certainly no mugs. A draw would suit both too.

Re: World Cup Qualifiers > Europe - Sep 7/8 I'd even go as far as to say backing Belgium on Friday was simply "buying money" it was nailed on that they'd win, they dominated the game form start to finish.Granted the sending off helped them greatly but they barely got out of second gear to win. What I will say for them is I wouldn't fancy them against someone like Germany or Spain,they are still a work in progress in that respect but teams like Wales are no problem. I'd even go as to far as to say I'd back them again on Tuesday against Croatia without a doubt,they are being offered up at evs but some bookies.