World Cup Qualifiers > Europe - Sep 7/8

Re: World Cup Qualifiers > Europe - Sep 7/8 Wales v Belgium corner match bet: Belgium @ 1.83 Bluesquare (5 points) In Wales' last home game they had just 2 corners against Bosnia's 12! Belgiums last away match they clocked up 4 against England's 3. Considering they should be doing a lot of attacking this looks like a very solid chance. If they could win the match bet away at England you have to fancy their chances of clocking up more here against a Wales side who are likely to be doing a lot of defending.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: World Cup Qualifiers > Europe - Sep 7/8 Btw Bosnians are playing like a cat with a mouse. They can score as many as they want and I see at least 7. I can't believe what kind of a banker I missed, because I did not do enough research. I took "Bosnia over 1.5 goals" in a safe combo at the price of 1.30!!! This game was really asking for lumping some big money on it.

Re: World Cup Qualifiers > Europe - Sep 7/8 Hi, I've been reading these pages for some time now and I'd like to thank everybody who's contributing to these forums. I intend to become a little bit more active too. As a belgian I'm very much looking forward to our national team tonight. Belgian squad: Courtois; Gillet (will have lot's of work stopping Bale and this is prob the weakest link in the team) Kompany, Vermaelen, Vertonghen; Witsel, Dembélé & Fellaini on midfield. Mirallas, Hazard, Mertens in attack. Without a doubt the strongest starting 11 possible. It seems to me that they will rip the Welsch b-defence apart. Nevertheless I also fancy Wales to score at least one as belgium has a habit of losing concentration when they nick one in and Wales has the qualities on the counterattack. I took Belgium at a local bookie @ 1.80 10/10 Over 2.5 looks tasty too

Re: World Cup Qualifiers > Europe - Sep 7/8 Belgium to beat Wales 1.81 @ Betfair - I think this is a very good price for Belgium and would put them closer to 1.5-1.6 to win here. They have a star studded line-up with real quality and are starting 7 top class premier league players: Vertonghen Kompany, Vermalaen, Dembele, Fellaini, Hazard and Mirallas. Wales are missing Joe Allen and lack real quality in their side apart from Bale and are overly reliant on him to produce the goods. Belgium look very solid defensively and i am tempted to back them to win to nil as Wales are yet to score under Chris Coleman. I really think there is value on Belgium here and can't see them not picking up the 3 points. My prediction for this game: Wales 0-2 Belgium.

Re: World Cup Qualifiers > Europe - Sep 7/8

Moldova-England UNDER 2.5 @1.77 4/10 10bet England miss Carroll, Rooney and Young up front. Their offense power is restricted with these absetees, to me. Their remaining strikers are Welbeck, Defoe and Sturridge. They aren't getting a lot of help from midfield as the likes of Milner and Walcott, both midfielders on the right side or even wingers if you will, aren't in a good shape either. Defence on the other hand should be good enough, even if Cole is missing as they have enough cover with Baines and Bertrand. Probable result 0-1 or 0-2 GL
already lost at half-time

Finland - France I think France are quite a decent side and in the past 2 years lost only three times. Once to Belarus back in 2010 and twice during EURO 2012, against Sweden when they did not need a win and against Spain during EURO 2012 Quarterfinal. Finland are an average team and during EURO 2012 Qualifiers only managed to get points against Moldova and San Marino. This one is the toughest group in these qualifiers and compared to Georgia and Belarus, Finland are the group outsiders in my opinion and I don't think France will have too much trouble getting all 3 points here. France @ 1.50 (5 units) Bet365
Just 1-0, but win is a win :)

Re: World Cup 2014 » Qualification: Europe (UEFA) - Sep 7/8

Andorra - Hungary Even though Andorra are a poor side they do play decent football at home. During the last EURO 2012 qualifying campaign they lost by more than 2 goals at home only once in a game against Armenia. In the remaining 4 fixtures they lost 0-2 against Rep. of Ireland, Macedonia and Russia, and just 0-1 against Slovenia. Hungary are not so strong in terms of attack and during their last EURO 2012 qualifying campaign their biggest away win was 3-0 against San Marino. I personally rate Andorra better than San Marino and expect them to play decent football and can't see them losing by more than 2 goals here. Andorra +3 @ 2.37 (3 units) Bet365
and they lose 0-5 :lol

Re: World Cup 2014 » Qualification: Europe (UEFA)

Its hardly rocket science but 1.3 for Germany to keep a clean sheet against the Faroe's!? :lol..I will provide a line or two as the site demands but this hardly requires explanation! Germany one of the top 4 sides in Europe at home against a side ranked 153 in the world, -3EH is 1.22 currently and you know the Faroe's will just be defending for 90mins so which would you rather back, I know what my answer will be. Germany will win this by between 4-0 - 6-0 I'm sure but I would say the chances of the German clean sheet should be nearer 1.1. Germany Clean Sheet - 1.3 - bet365 - 15 Points :ok
I think this is a great shout, the prices have bombed since you first posted with this bet at 1.8. I had some of the 7.0 available on both to score which is now 3.75, so thats also a hell of a drop. Luxembourg certainly have more pedigree than the other minnows, look at the upsets Dudelange managed in their European run this season. Luxembourg is a very rich country and they have more money to put into development than other similar countries and the squad is pretty young with a few players playing abroad which can only help. I never think of Portugal as a very strong defensive unit and while they will likely win by a few, I think that price was a bit over the top. Portugal under 3.5 goals - 2.2 - >Bet365 - 5 Points :ok Both Teams to score - 7.0 - >Bet365 - 0.5 Points :ok
I was giving the Faroe's too much credit saying they would have 3 shots on target, stroll in the park..Portugal game went well too and with Andorra not scoring its been a decent night. Apart from Italy!? What happened there? God only knows how they were winning at HT, they didn't really deserve a draw at the end, looked a terrible side.

I was giving the Faroe's too much credit saying they would have 3 shots on target, stroll in the park..Portugal game went well too and with Andorra not scoring its been a decent night. Apart from Italy!? What happened there? God only knows how they were winning at HT, they didn't really deserve a draw at the end, looked a terrible side.
Great work mate with a stonking call on Luxembourg!

Wales v Belgium corner match bet: Belgium @ 1.83 Bluesquare (5 points) In Wales' last home game they had just 2 corners against Bosnia's 12! Belgiums last away match they clocked up 4 against England's 3. Considering they should be doing a lot of attacking this looks like a very solid chance. If they could win the match bet away at England you have to fancy their chances of clocking up more here against a Wales side who are likely to be doing a lot of defending.
Corners: Wales 6 Belgium 16 = win Seems to have been a great night for punters with only Italy providing a consolation for the bookies. Happy days.

Russia - Northern Ireland under 2.5 @ 2.46 :D Azerbaijan - Israel over 2.5 @ 2.43 :eyes Needed another goal as both teams scored but the keepers were impressive tonight Liechtenstein - Bosnia-Hercegovina under 2.5 @ 2.30 :eyes Never in it Estonia - Romania over 2.5 @ 2.38 :eyes Malta - Armenia over 2.5 @ 2.14 :eyes Armenia hit the post and the Maltese keeper made some good saves. Could have see a few more goals Croatia - FYR Macedonia under 2.5 @ 2.04 :D Andorra - Hungary under 2.5 @ 2.50 :eyes Hungary hammered 5 past them Holland -1.5 @ 2.33 :D Latvia - Greece over 2.5 @ 2.48 :D Wales - Belgium over 2.5 @ 2.07 :eyes Once Collins got sent off then Wales had to sit and defend and hope for the best.
Went 4-6 for a small loss.

Belgium to beat Wales 1.81 @ Betfair - I think this is a very good price for Belgium and would put them closer to 1.5-1.6 to win here. They have a star studded line-up with real quality and are starting 7 top class premier league players: Vertonghen Kompany' date= Vermalaen, Dembele, Fellaini, Hazard and Mirallas. Wales are missing Joe Allen and lack real quality in their side apart from Bale and are overly reliant on him to produce the goods. Belgium look very solid defensively and i am tempted to back them to win to nil as Wales are yet to score under Chris Coleman. I really think there is value on Belgium here and can't see them not picking up the 3 points. My prediction for this game: Wales 0-2 Belgium.
:D Comfortable win for Belgium in the end although while it was still 1-0 up until 10 minutes to go i was a bit worried. Wales generally defended quite well with 10 men for most of the game.

Apart from Italy!? What happened there? God only knows how they were winning at HT, they didn't really deserve a draw at the end, looked a terrible side.
Apparently we gave them a good fight. I didn't watch the game (managed to see only Bulgaria's 2nd goal), but from the reports it seems that both Italy goals were after defensive mistakes, while we played well and organized. Really sorry for all who lost money tonight, I really am, but once again bookies showed that they are not as dumb as we think they are sometimes. It seems that 1.70 was there for a reason...

Azerbaijan vs Israel Israel comes after a long trip without several important players (Zehavi, Kayal, Rafaelov - all midfielders), while Azerbaijan with experienced coach Berti Vogts is in a good mood after winning in the friendly match against Bahrain, 3:0. home win or draw @1.93 :ok Liechtenstein vs Bosnia & Herz Bosnia is a much better team and will have great support from their fans in Vaduz tonight. However Safet Susic has a few absences in defense (Lulić, Pandža, Mujdža) and it can be a chance for the underdog. over 3 @1.98 :ok Lithuania vs Slovakia Home team had poor results in recent friendlies (o-2-3) with only one scored goal. Regulars Stankevičius, Palibaitis, Panka and Zaliukas are injured and that's another problem for them. Slovaks are prepared well for the game on artificial pitch. away win @2.25 :( all bets with min stake at panbet
not bad

Re: World Cup Qualifiers > Europe - Sep 7/8 Guys, I am very happy with the performance of our team, but very sorry that we misled you so much. The game that Bulgarians threw in, was really a shocker - they totally deserved to win this one. I am surprised with the great job Lupo Penev has done with the team. The metamorphosis is amazing. Sorry once again for giving you such a wrong advise.

Re: World Cup Qualifiers > Europe - Sep 7/8 4pts Scotland to beat Serbia (DNB) 20/23 Boylesports I don’t expect this to be a classic but there could be a little bit of value in the Scots here. With their defensive issues I think they might look to attack a little bit more than we are used to seeing which should make this an open game and I think that would suit the Scots a little bit more especially with the home crowd behind them. Serbia are having trouble finding the net at the minute so if the Scots can get on the front foot the three points could be theirs. In a tricky game to call I’ll take the Scots without the draw. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/scotland-vs-serbia-betting-scotland-can-get-on-the-front-foot-and-edge-their-world-cup-qualifying-opener

Wales Belgium: Belgian players are in good form. Most of their top players play in the premier league. For example Hazard played a good game vs. right back C Gunter and drew a penalty vs. him and Hazard was the best man on the pitch while Gunter was one of the worst. Joe Allen had problems vs. Everton when Fellaini was his direct opponent. ""Fellaini and Dembele are the two best midfielders I came up against in the Premier League," said Allen." I think he means it. Edit: wilshere vs Everton: Jack Wilshere (off 69') - 5 One delicate chip over the Everton defence showcased his immense quality - but the youngster picked up a yellow card early in the game and was then overpowered by Marouane Fellaini. Marouane Fellaini - 8.5 Was the man who broke up Arsenal's fluent play time and again. Defended his back-line superbly and came out on top in his battle against Jack Wilshere and Alex Song. -> seems like he likes to play vs. these welsh guys while they dont enjoy it. Wales coach Coleman said after the loss vs. Bosnia that he needs more time with the players. Same said by Bale(that they need more time together). Tough now he faces the problem that most of his defensive players and striker Bellamy are missing. Also the 2nd choice keeper who isnt even 1st choice in his club is playing. So again no good preperation for them. Wales had big Problems defending set pieces vs. Bosnia and big problems closing the gap between midfield and defense. I cant see how they solved these problems given the absentees. Now they are up against strong set piece players. Vermaelen, Verthongen, Kompany, Lukaku have good presence in the penalty area while Hazard has the skill to deliver set pieces. While Belgians are underachievers I'm confident that this team has developed. They showed strong performances as a whole team vs. England and Netherlands. While Belgium is a divided land politcly and this effected teams in the past it seems these guys are not into this reasoning. I think its due to the Trainer Wilmots who is an excellent motivator who speaks the language of the players. (he was the last to score for belgium vs. Wales) They dont face a particulary strong team in Wales. They have Ramsey and Bale for this game but this is it. Many Wales players are known by the Belgians as they play vs. them in the league. In this group its vital to win this game for both teams. Belgium is sure motivated and they have the skills to beat Wales while Wales has high expactations on them while they dont possess the players that could fit this expectations, at least for this game. The young players coming into the squad and the 2nd divison players need a 1st class match. They probably never played in this formation/constellation and it will be hard for them to cope with the belgians. They might need to search for their luck in the offense. Allen, Ramsey and Bale are their players to watch but this makes them predictable. Belgium can flood the midfield waiting for their fast skillfull forwards to find some space. Nothing speaks for Belgium in my opinion and everything for belgium. This is a burden for them. but on the other hand look how players like Vermaelen and Kompany are leaders in their teams. Then you have a player like hazard who delivers from matchday one in the premier league. Verthongen comes into Tottenham is already one of their best players. Fellaini's presence on the pitch grows with every game. Dembele is confident on the ball and like the guy witsel must be boosted by his recent transfer. The atmosphere in Wales isnt euphoric at all as people moan about ticket prices and players who are not Welsh enough(playing for team GB, raised in eng). They prefer to watch Swansea or rugby. Bad performances like vs. Bosnia dont help at all. The players seemed nopt very concerned at all in after match reports. The Belgians have too much to offer for this depleted Wales squad. They are motivated, in form and capable of scoring goals. I can see them winning the hc -1 as Wales wont have anything to lose if they trail, while fast belgian wingers and attackers are capable to exploit space. Im very confident that Belgium will score against a Wales denfence that hasnt played in this constellation. The Welsh players are not in top form and have hardly any goals in them. I dont think that they can just sit back 90 minutes at home in Cardiff as their strenghts are more in the offense with a player like Bale. I also sense some reality problems. Just read this: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19488809 They talk about a golden generation and beeing in a good position to reach World cups while they miss half the squad and played some very bad games. Will Belgium chocke once again? Dont think so, there is some growth and uptrend. Their players are grown into stable premier league players + some free minded youngsters like De bruyne who started fantastic at his club Werder Bremen(on loan from chelsea). Pitch is in perfect condition for technical football (Hazard, Dembele). http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=91673 Weather will be be optimal for football. Belgium not to loose Belgium to win Belgium to beat the hc -1
Picture perfect. Wales will struggle badly in this group. Bale and wilsherre are not enough. wilshere was weak vs. Fellaini who absolutely bossed the midfield. Belgiums future is bright. Such an array of talent. Very strong set pieces. With a stable defense, counter attacking + dangerous set pieces you can go far in tourneys.

Picture perfect. Wales will struggle badly in this group. Bale and wilsherre are not enough. wilshere was weak vs. Fellaini who absolutely bossed the midfield. Belgiums future is bright. Such an array of talent. Very strong set pieces. With a stable defense, counter attacking + dangerous set pieces you can go far in tourneys.
Do you mean Williams?

Greece haven't lost an away game since September 2009 outside major Championships' date=' so not sure what makes you say that!!!! They are dreadful to watch but have a good habit of grinding our wins and are hard to beat and breakdown.[/quote'] Hey Paul, Serbia are a good team always? can you please explain why they have only won one game in the last 10???? Scotland has won 5 in the last ten games they have played. Please educate yourself friend! you have a brain, please use it.

Hey Paul' date=' Serbia are a good team always? can you please explain why they have only won one game in the last 10???? Scotland has won 5 in the last ten games they have played. Please educate yourself friend! you have a brain, please use it.[/quote'] sorry wrong guy arterrier....

Re: World Cup Qualifiers > Europe - Sep 7/8 Scotland to win. Here is my reasoning..... Serbia is stil trying to fight with their other europen conterparts about freedom and what not.... Scotland has already done this 500 years ago with the English and they won.... So Scotland does not have the political garbage that Serbia does going into the game. There for: Scotland is relaxed and ready to defeat an angry, upset, violent people. Scotland 2-0 If your upset with this post. Go see a shrink. SCOTLAND! j

Estonia v Romania No way to profit from the 1x2 market, the odds are very good calculated. Romania will win here if they are very lucky, even if the expectations are high. Now players brought by the couch with little experience, but with motivation. Lobonţ (AS Roma - reserve) Măţel (Astra), Goian (Spezia), Chiricheş (Steaua), Raţ (Shakhtar) Pintilii, Bourceanu (both Steaua) Torje (Granada), Rusescu, Tănase (both Steaua) Marica (Schalke) I don't know much about Estonia's players but I sow that they had good results recently. I think they will defend more and counterattack, but the problem is Romanian defenders doesn't go up to support their players. Low scoring game for sure. at Austria (Fr) 0-0 Switzerland (Fr) 0-1 In the last ECQ they meat Belarus (1-0), Albania (1-1) and Luxembourg (0-2, with 0-0 HF and very tough game) away, all defending team imo. My Predictions: Under 2.5 @ 1.60 (9/10) :ok Draw @ 3.25 (4/10) :eyes
In the end we managed to win. It would have been better if I stuck to draw at HF...Anyway profit is profit.

Re: World Cup Qualifiers > Europe - Sep 7/8 Scotland - Serbia, 16:00, Hampden park, Glasgow My bet: 0-2 goals, 10/10, 0-1 goal, 6-10. Scotland is team who always plays strong football, with a lot of physical contact, and solid defence. Serbia, on the other side, has great players in defence (Subotic, Ivanovic, Kolarov, Nastasic), and not a single striker. Maybe you could even try with no goals at all.

CROATIA Vs. MACEDONIA: Only bad side of our squad is the LB-LM side because Perišić lacks defensive discipline, and Strinić is outright horrible player. My picks are: Croatia -1(EH) Vs Macedonia = HOME WIN @ 1,80 (BET365) :eyes Croatia Vs Macedonia = First-Half/Final result = HOME/HOME @ 1,72 (BET365) :eyes Croatia to keep clean sheet = YES @ 1,80 (BET365) :D
Sorry guys, my write-up was turned to garbage by our coach Igor Štimac. He is a loser with an attitude problem. Starting out of form Ćorluka made our squad unstable at back, and our midfield was lacking pace, with Rakitić playing below his usual form. Our LB Strinić was also in bad form. So, instead of an easy win, we got a lucky, "scraped" three points thanks to Everton's Jelavić. I am not at all optimistic regarding our next match against Belgium. I don't understand this tactical set-up, Croatia sholud play in a 4-4-2 formation, without Strinić, and playing Dortmunds Perišić insead of Rakitić. Regarding today's match, I have some faith in Scotland taking 3 points against Serbia, since I believe that Scots will outplay rather poor Serbian team thanks to the advantage of home field, and I don't see any adancement in Serbian squad and style of play.

Scotland to win. Here is my reasoning..... Serbia is stil trying to fight with their other europen conterparts about freedom and what not.... Scotland has already done this 500 years ago with the English and they won.... So Scotland does not have the political garbage that Serbia does going into the game. There for: Scotland is relaxed and ready to defeat an angry, upset, violent people. Scotland 2-0 If your upset with this post. Go see a shrink. SCOTLAND! j
Dude you are wrong,this is first time that serbia have a chance,coach Mihajlovic is approach very serius to his job,very expirienced coach from Italy seria A from his last job with Mancini,he knows to play defens and with strong Ivanovic(Celsi),Kolarov(Man city) you can play here draw ,maybe 1:1 or 0:0 or 0-2 goals,tight game.

Re: World Cup Qualifiers > Europe - Sep 7/8 And that Belgium won at least. :lol I am from Serbia and i wanted to tell you one quick info about my country playing tonight against Scotland. You see, we are trying for years to build a team with which we all would be proud but in vain. We just can not find good attackers. :) Our defence has always been strong and we received few goals per game which almost always led game to finish under 2,5 goals. If you take a look at our 10 past games you will see what i am talking about. Now we have different selector, Sinisa Mihajlovic who wants to play a little agresively and plays formation 3-4-3. As we can not score easly because we don't have a man for such thing :cryand because selector took some new young players with little experience i expect that Scotland will win tonight with the result of 1:0 or 2:0 You, hwo are brave, can try exact result but home win is sufficient @2.70. Also, Scotland scores on last 9 out of 10 games so they have a man hwo can put a ball into the net.