League 1 > 25th August

staffy

Swindon v mk dons under 2.5 goals @ 1.87 -BET365. Here we have a game between two sides that enjoy possession football. Swindon have been fantastic this season so far, while mk dons have had a decent start also. They had a decent 1-1 draw away at bournemouth midweek after having a player sent off. Swindon definitely have goals in them, and because of their ball retention they aren't going to let many in at the other end. So ultimately I think this will be a game where both sides try to keep possession for long periods, while testing the opposition defence when they can. Both sides should cancel each other out.

Re: League 1 > 25th August

Coventry City @ 4/5 (Betfair)
I have layed this one off now, took it early in the week and had a good look over the last few days but it doesn't really hold any value for me. Bury have some important players missing but Coventry aren't exactly firing on all cylinders, maybe that'll change here but 4/5 isn't enough. I was expecting the price to drop a fair bit over the week and it hasn't. Feel free to mock me later when Coventry get the 3pts.

Maybe worth punting on Swindon Town on Saturday. MK Dons are missing so many key players in Smith + Gleeson + Anton Kay (Suspended) and Mathias Doumbe and Shaun Williams missing out due to Injury. The Dons only have a wafer thin squad as it is and could struggle to fill their bench.
1-0 Victory for Swindon

Shrewsbury Vs Tranmere I'm going to have a small punt on this one purely based on Shrewsbury's home form last season. Despite a good start I don't think Tranmere are that much better than some of the top teams in L2. Therefore 6/4 on a team that won 18 and drew 5 at home last season looks a decent bet to me. Shrewsbury actually continued this form with their first home game of the season against Preston (1-0). It wont be easy against a Tranmere team that have started the season impressively with 2 league victories and an extra time win in the cup against Chesterfield but that run has to end at some time and this fixture won't be easy for them. Shrewsbury to win @ 6/4 (BetVictor and BlueSquare) 1pt (5)
The good form carries on for Shrewsbury but unfortunately they weren't able to get the win against an inform Tranmere team. P/L= -1.00

Yeovil look a very big price away to Scunthorpe. Ok, we're only 1 home and away game in, but they didn't just sneak a lucky win against Brentford, they came out convincing winners according to the ratings. Scunthorpe put in a very poor performance at home to Crewe, and Yeovil @ 3.50 Betvictor looks very juicy.
Bournemouth could well be worth another look here. They drew 1-1 with MK Dons in their first home match, but my ratings say they battered them and could have easily come away with a 2 goal win. Preston lost away to Shrewsbury, hardly an impressive performance. 2.10 @ Betvictor could look generous Saturday FT.
Blimey, it looks like there's a few juicy bets in this division this week as I'm using the ratings to check the team's performances. Tranmere look huge to beat Shrewsbury, they've scored 6 goals already and Shrewsbury just the 1 goal. Tranmere absolutely took Carlisle apart in their last away game and Shrewsbury got 1-0 win they didn't really deserve, even so it was a poor performance against Preston. 3.09 @ Pinnacle looks a very big price indeed. Swindon look to be underestimated against MK Dons too. They comfortably beat Crawley 3-0, whilst MK Dons away to Bournemouth was a very very lucky draw and without doubt should have lost. Swindon 2.38 @ Blue Square is a very takeable price.
Didn't expect Yeovil to win that easily, but what a great price that was, worth keeping an eye on. Swindon narrow win too, but Bournemouth disappointed after going down to 10 men. Tranmere managed a draw. :ok

Notts County v Walsall Hi all.Notts seem a bit short to me here.ok 2 wins from 2 playing against a Walsall team who are likely to be at the wrong end of the table come May, however the wins were against newly promoted Crewe and a truly woeful Hartlepool team.Also of the 4 goals scored so far Arquin (1) is definately missing suspended and Zoko (2) injured is also likely to be missing.Reserve striker showunmi is also still missing as is campbell-rice.This is likely to leave the ageing Lee Hughes as lone forward.low scoring draw on the cards for me i suspect.
late goal ruined the draw but i was right about Notts being too short !