** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

BBOTD Thurs 26th July

Re: BBOTD Thurs 26th July 18.00 Epson - Lady Gibraltar @ 4/1 Bet365 Won on penultimate start at Lingfield on turf in decent style off mark of 71. Saddle slipped early on in her next run at Ascot last Sunday, still only finished a few lengths behind the winner and if things had gone her way she would have been closer. Turned straight out down in trip, returning to 5f (distance of her latest win) and firmer ground will be to her liking. Has usual claimer onboard and should go close Forgot to add - Likes to be out front and should be able to do that from low draw and in this small field.

Re: BBOTD Thurs 26th July *Fadhaa - Sandown 3:40* Paul Hanagan just had a 25/1 winner for Charles Hills this evening, so this horse may be of interest tomorrow at a price for the same combination. Runs off a very leniant mark of 81 now, and it's record at Sandown catches the eye, 2 seconds from 2 runs. One of those seconds was off this mark of 81 in a Class 3 contest, and this tomorrow is a Class 4 race. Certainly looks to have a chance back at this track with the champ on board. Charles Hills has had 3 winners from his last 6 runners, he is in form. This is his only runner at Sandown tomorrow. When Hanagan rides for him at Sandown, he is 100%, 1 from 1, profit of +£25.00 to level stakes. *0.5 Points e/w @ 12/1 Ladbrokes BOG*

Re: BBOTD Thurs 26th July 5:10 Uttoxeter: Bedouin Bay 1pt win 22/1 Bet Victor Posted this last time Bedouin Bay was due to run at Market Rasen..... Bedouin Bay has joined Sarah Humphrey and she may be able to improve him in the short time that he transferred from Alan McCabe. His last couple of runs were a little disappointing, yet he did quite well prior to that on the all weather. Bedouin Bay has dropped to the same mark off which he won at Huntingdon over timber, and he does have a course victory here. Bedouin Bay looks to have been well placed here and jockeyship could play a part too and maybe just swing this in Bedouin Bay's favour. That was an apprentice race and this looks tougher, although not far off top rated on Racing Post ratings. Could still be worth chancing at the price.

Re: BBOTD Thurs 26th July 510 uttoxeter mythical warrior 11/2 vchandler eachway landed a few tasty bets when he won is maiden at hereford over 2 mile 4 furlongs last time out. makes his handicap debut over that distance on a mark of 110 and that looks workable. will have to contend with bobowen who is a hatrick seeker and won easily on his last appearance but the vote at the prices goes to mccoys horse with an eachway slection because it shouldnt be out of the money

Re: BBOTD Thurs 26th July 6.35 Epsom Downs - Falasteen - 15/2 VC His form doesnt look that strong of late but i think he's had a lot of excuses, runs on the all weather, on a softer surface and over 6f are far from ideal imo. Joined the right yard in Milton Bradley who has picked up a few decent sprinters recently, with Dab Hand Racing sending all there's to him from Dandy Nicholls. Ran creditably on his first start for the yard lto, ground on the soft side which i dont think he wants. Quick ground tomorrow over a course he does well at and now looking very well handicapped. Versatile tactically so im hoping he sits just behind the leaders as there looks to be a lot of pace on.

Re: BBOTD Thurs 26th July 2.30 Sandown - 1pt win Mysterious Man @ 15/2 (Hills) Very competitive race to get stuck into but I really like the chances of Andrew Balding's runner who got off the mark last time out and should relish the step up to 1m6f. There is some stamina in his pedigree and the way he's been finishing his races in maidens suggest he can improve further for this distance. Plenty of his maiden form is rock solid - 4th to Thomas Chippendale and then 2nd to Estimate (both Royal Ascot winners). He holds New Youmzain on that most recent form and then the step back to 10f wouldn't have been ideal next time out. Was no match for the winner but the race worked out nicely and he kept on well to finish 2nd in the end. The 3rd is an 85 horse, the 4th 88 and the 5th 80 so on that evidence my selection's mark of 83 doesn't look beyond him and he's got off the mark since then. There were a few solid yardsticks in the field when staying on strongly under pressure to forge to a 2 1/4l success at Bath last time out and I just think he's going to enjoy the extra 2f on offer today. His form is rock solid and it's hard to see him not running another big race.

Re: BBOTD Thurs 26th July 15.05 Sandown: Miss You Too EW @ 11/1 VC Eye-catching performance when winning at his second career start at York in a maiden two weeks ago. He pulled hard after the start and was unsettled through the whole race and hang badly left in closing stages, yet he won the race easily by 4 lengths. He confirmed the good impression of his debut when he finished a neck beaten 2nd to Momalorka, who himself finished a close 3rd in the big Weatherbys Super Sprint at Newbury recently. Miss You Too looks very talented and could develop into a fine horse. She should have learned plenty from her first two starts.

Re: BBOTD Thurs 26th July 2.20 Uttoxeter WATCH AND PRAEY win @ 8/1 bog (Bet365 and Skybet) Fell in love with Richard Woollacott of late and will try to follow this very in-form young trainer in this race which looks nothing special. It's a maiden hurdle over 2m4f110y and the three market leaders and horses to beat on paper are the Gordon Elliott-trained Cosmic Wonder with AP McCoy in the saddle, the Donald McCain-trained Emrani with Jason Maguire in the saddle and the Jim Best-trained Wayward Glance with Jamie Moore on board. Cosmic Wonder collected two decent thirds in bumpers and was third also on his hurdle debut at Downpatrick over 2m7f 13 days ago. It's a horse that lacks a turn of foot and seems better suited by longer distances so this drop in trip doesn't sound very helpful and I don't like to bet on this kind of horses, let alone when it's an 11/8 shot (mainly thanks to the presence of McCoy). Emrani is a decent horse on the flat (3 wins in 14 starts and rated 73) and finished second beaten just a head at Haydock in a class 5 handicap over 1m6f on good to firm 8 weeks ago but was very disappointing on his last two starts on the flat as well on his previous ones and his two tries over hurdles in February and March 2011 were more than bad (13th of 15 115L+ behind the winner and PU). The 5yo represents a big connection (McCain-Maguire-Leslie) and was bred by the Aga Khan but for what we've seen so far it's hard to trust. Wayward Glance is the horse to beat imho as his three races over hurdles (all in maiden companies over 2m-2m1f) showed a good level of ability in this sphere and a progressive form (5th on his debut over hurdles in January, 3rd on his second out in March and 2nd 2 months ago on his latest effort over hurdles at Newton Abbot). He's rated 108 and faces for the first time this longer trip so also the Jim Best-trained 4yo, the best of this on the flat (Sadler's Wells' gelding bred by the Queen and rated up to 85 even if able to win only a maiden over 1m6f at Lingfield last August), has some big questions to answer and doesn't look a big prospect. In this contest I'm more than happy to give a chance to the representative of Richard Woollacott who is a 7yo who had just one run in PTP and won it 3 years ago and after a lot of problems came back on track 7 weeks ago at Worcester in a race which seems better than this and finished 5th of 13 missing a strong finish to challenge the first three. That was a very encouraging effort for a horse coming from such a long layoff and if able to build on that performance he could be able to go close and at current prices it's a confident shot.

Re: BBOTD Thurs 26th July 1740 uttoxeter 1pt win piper hill 10/3 willy hills finished a very poor 2nd last, last time out and i am hopeful that the ground didnt suit,and give a chance today on the firmer ground, it also has a tongue tie fitted,so it could be now or never, jason maguire keeps the ride for the mccain stable, who has 25% strike rate in these type of races and when the 2 team up they have a 27% strike rate

Re: BBOTD Thurs 26th July EPSOM 8.15 Bouggatti - 0.5 pts EW 13/2 (VCBet) BOG Apparently a competetive handicap this one, but I really don't like many of these horses. Bouggatti won lto over 12f and now he's back up in class but with an higher mark (69, first time ever for him). This for sure has to be considered but he is still one of the most reliable starters today (probably the most solid) and the reunion with Seb Sanders just a month after their win is very appealing. It is only his third start this season and probably he has still room to improve. Another plus could be the price: right now is offered at 13/2 but people seems looking elsewhere and I expect a huge rise approaching the start. For this reason I'm pretty confident and I'm trying an EW here.

Re: BBOTD Thurs 26th July

3.40 Sandown Destiny Of Dreams - shaped with promise on recent comeback and looks open to more improvement if handling ground. Both wins came over this trip and looks overpriced. 16/1 Sportingf Bet, 0.5 pt EW
Agree. I've a bet on her too (14/1). Now Sportingbet offers this girl 18/1! It doesn't make any sense to me, has someone particular infos about it?

Agree. I've a bet on her too (14/1). Now Sportingbet offers this girl 18/1! It doesn't make any sense to me, has someone particular infos about it?
Trainer has never had a winner or a 2nd at Sandown. Both it's wins have come on good to soft, on it's only run on good to firm was 11th of 15. Has gone up 2 pounds to a career high mark after it's 2nd last time out. They are the only things i can spot, the drift looks worrying to my eyes. But certainly can't rule it out, my selection, Fadhaa goes in the same race.

Trainer has never had a winner or a 2nd at Sandown. Both it's wins have come on good to soft' date=' on it's only run on good to firm was 11th of 15. Has gone up 2 pounds to a career high mark after it's 2nd last time out. They are the only things i can spot, the drift looks worrying to my eyes. But certainly can't rule it out, my selection, Fadhaa goes in the same race.[/quote'] Good point as always Aidy, even if I don't like overrating trainer performances when he/she had just 9 runners in the past over this track. Well, strange betting in this race anyway: every so called expert yesterday (or this morning) had kind words for Destiny of Dreams (and I agree because she's not really tested under these conditions) and now she's priced 18/1, Fadhaa price dropped from 12/1 to 9/2 (!!!) with no such strong support from clear evidences and now he doesn't have any value, but as of now I think he could be the betting fav at the off time... Great selection (in terms of value) anyway sir Aidy!

Re: BBOTD Thurs 26th July 220 Uttoxeter: Polisky (7/4 Boyles) Everything looks right for Polisky in his chasing debut here, the trip is ideal the ground is drying out all the time which is a big plus as he has ran poorly with cut. Useful sort who contested some top novice hurdles last season. Went down when odds on last time to Victor Leudorum but that horse went on to win more races and the form looks much better now. Danger Russian War has had 4 goes over fences without winning and can be a tricky ride and usually comes very late in the day. I reckon Polisky should be able to shake him off over this track and go on to better things.

Re: BBOTD Thurs 26th July 3.05 SANDOWN PURR ALONG @ 20/1 SPORTINGBET This one ran really well on debut from a yard that doesn't usually excel with its debut runners. If this one was at a more fashionable yard it would be half the price. This Listed race doesn't look the strongest and at stand out 20/1 looks great value.

Re: BBOTD Thurs 26th July Epsom 6.35 - Fair Value 1pts win 13/2 BetVictor Hasn't been in that great form this year bar her second at Folkestone 2 runs back where she went very close only beaten a head by Poole Harbour but then was poor when fav at Sandown lto but Im going to forgive that run. only 2lbs higher then that 2nd at Folkestone and has won off 2lbs lower on the AW so seems to be weighted ok so hopeful she can return with another good run here.

Re: BBOTD Thurs 26th July NR. 2.30 Sandown - 1pt win New Youmzain @ 8/1 (Hills) Mick Channon's runner is one of the more unexposed in the field and still looked to be learning on his second start last time when he got off the mark at Thirsk. He battled on very well when drawing clear with the runner-up (who had headed him at one point) and pulled on at the finish to score by a 1/2l, with the margin growing at the line approached. I think he's going to improve for the run again, having shaped well to finish 3rd on debut (green, staying on) and the step up in trip by 2f will be another big help I think. He's by a Derby/Arc winner and out of a classy 13f winner so there's stamina there and evidence so far has suggested this trip will be ideal. The race he won last time could have worked out better but I still think this is a horse with good potential and can ruffle some feathers today.

Re: BBOTD Thurs 26th July He's A Hawker 3.25 Uttoxeter. 0.5 points each way. Chase debut and I'm hoping it brings him back to life. Knows how to win but recent form has been nothing short of abysmal. The trip and ground suits and he has won here before, so with having that little break recently I'm hoping it's been the pause that refreshes. Apparently jumps fine at home, so at a big price is worth a pop, especially as I can't buy a winner at the moment. 80/1 Sporting bet.

Re: BBOTD Thurs 26th July 6:20 Folkstone - Piri Palace Improving Acclamation 2yo. The sire has been the most successful with 2yo's when compared with other stallions whose progeny take part in this race, with 21% of his 77 runs by his 2yo's winning over the past 90 days. There are others who have had more success at the distance, but Michael Stoute has won with 26 of his last 100 runners and has had the most success at this track over the past year when compared to other trainers and has had 36% of his 22 runners win in the past 14 days. 8/1 bet365 - win

Re: BBOTD Thurs 26th July 7:50 Doncaster DANCHEUR 8-1 e/w Victor Chandler (BOG) With a question to answer over whether or not the short-priced favourite Perfect Step will be at home on this firmer ground and considering how short she is in the market, I'm going to take her on with Dancheur who is up in class but can at least prove she handles the conditions winning over 6f in June at Redcar. She stayed on strongly that day and also the race before when finishing 2nd over 6f at Nottingham suggesting that the extra furlong should be no problem tonight. She retains a mark of 75 after failing last time out at Kempton but the tactics were to race mid-division in that race and I'm hoping she runs up with the pace again tonight. Shesastar and Colourful Notion are also up in the weights and look to have too much to do. The favourite looks ok on her mark and is lightly raced so will be hard to beat hence my decision to go each way.