GUKPT Bolton

McG

Is anyone else playing this on Friday? I qualified for Stockton earlier in the year, then changed it to Bolton. If anyone hasn't met me before, I'm the tall, overweight guy with hardly any hair (but not technically bald), and an unnatural desire to arrange my chips in overly neat stacks :ok I'll be saving my PL shirt for the final table on Sunday :lol

Re: GUKPT Bolton Just 1 double-up from being back in with a great chance and still 30+bb i think? Still every confidence in our "brother in arms" :ok, but yh Pete was an unfortunate combination looking back. I was just trying to drown out the name-dropping Aussie on the live stream with some decent music ;)

Re: GUKPT Bolton Thanks for the support. Made Day 2 of a GUKPT event for the first time, rather than busting close to or just after midnight, but I needed a double-up at the end to get a playable stack (JJ v KQ) for my return across the hills. . At one point, we were down to 4 on our table, with Ben Jackson, John Eames, and some bloke called Louis - we worked out that the 3 of them had a combined age of 63 - only 10 more than me on my own :loon Looking on the GUKPT site, there are now only 36 left, and I'm in 27th, but it's still not "all-in or out", so fingers crossed for tomorrow :hope More of a write-up tomorrow, but despite nearly 9 hours of poker, there were remarkably few interesting hands to report on that I was involved in :$

Re: GUKPT Bolton

Any bust out details?
Well, here goes with the story of Day 2 (well, 2 a bit levels of it anyway). I returned with about £34k and an average stack of £63k, which wasn't massively promising, but I liked my table draw as most of us were on or around that £35k mark. If the 9 hours of Day 1 had been quiet in terms of interesting hands, I had more than my fair share on my table during the very first level on Saturday. I knew that I would have to loosen up a little, and was coming across as very tight (honest, I do have 2 ways of playing), so decided to be a bit more creative. Virtually no pots were unraised pre-flop, and 6-handed play makes for a very quick way of burning your chips over a short period of time, with blinds and antes. I had raised with 77, been called by 2 others, and folded to a bet and a call on a KQT board; I defended my blind with K9s, but again folded on an unhelpful board, and I could see my chips dwindling away. I raised the 11th hand of the day UTG with 88, and Alan Peers, who had been on my table for most of the Day 1, passed in the BB, showing an Ace, saying - "I know this guy, he doesn't raise with anything worse than a pocket pair or a big Ace". 3 hands later, I am on the button with A3o, with blinds at 500/1000 and an ante of 100 (2,100 in the pot before we start), and I have about 26k in front of me. I put in the raise of choice at the table (2,625), just over 2.5 times BB, defended by the BB with a call. Flop comes an unhelpful KT2, checked to me, so I bet about 5,500, about 2/3rds of the pot, called by the BB, who had been fairly active since the start. I figured that he didn't have a strong King, or he would have raised. Turn brings a 3 to give me small pair, but I still figure that I'm behind to a 10, a weak King, or possibly slightly ahead of QJ. BB checked again, and I shoved my stack (18k?) in. BB mulled over for ages, as the call was for over half of his remaining stack, asking "do you have a big King?". From nowhere, and completely wrongly, I said "I'll show", now putting him on possibly AT or the straight draw. He mucked, and I showed A3, which immediately changed people's opinions of me. Fortunately, 3 hands later, I am UTG with AcAd, so raised to 2,625, and Alan had TT in the BB. He asked how much I had behind (approx. 34k) and just called. Flop came 8c8h9c, he checked, and I bet 5,500, just as I had done 3 hands earlier. He flat called, so I'm either really unlucky for him to have hit, but really put him as having 2 higher cards, possibly a pair. Turn was 6h, which was good if he had 77 or 66, but not really a scare card. He checked, and I shoved, which was a big overbet (over 28k in to a 17k pot). Clearly the A3 hand was playing in his head, as this was the same MO, and he called, thinking that he could easily be ahead. No help for the TT on the river, and I was up to over 70k. 3 hands later, raised with 44 on the button, called by Steve Holden in the BB (we were down to 5 players by this point as the guy I had pushed off with A3 had gone on mega-tilt afterwards and was out) with K7s, and and I took down an uncontested pot when an Ace came on the flop. HAd a couple more unsuccessful splashed, then re-raised a button raise from the BB with KK, forcing the original raiser to fold. Life was good, and I had just over 70k, before Knobhead Hand #1. KH#1 - In the BB with JJ (I was hitting the deck hard in this first level, and felt invincible - not a wise thing to do). Raised to 2,625 from the button, and Alan shoved from the SB for his last 16k. I was happy that he was shoving light, and also felt that I was ahead of the button raise, so re-raised over the top all-in. Button reluctantly folded, and the cards were turned over (JJ v KK) - oh dear. Flop came AJT (mild embarrassment, but a returning feeling of invincibility), then a Queen on the turn to give Alan a straight. I needed the board to pair, but it didn't, and I was back to just under 55k. KH#2 - 3 hands later, I looked down at KK on the button, so raised to 2,625 as usual, defended by Steve Holden from the BB. Flop came A93 and Steve led out for about 4k. I wasn't going to fold to 1 bet, and he could easily have used the Ace as a scare card, so I flat-called. Turn was a 4, and Steve bet again. I should have folded, but somehow thought he was someone who could have barrelled another bluff, so I called his 6k bet. River was a 5, which made a possibly straight, but I still refused to believe Steve and called his river bet of a further 7k, having convinced my self that he would make the same bet with pocket Jacks or lower. He showed AT, and claimed that he would have folded to a re-raise on the turn or river, possibly putting me on a bigger Ace. So after being sat on a very nice £70k+ stack, I was back to my starting stack for the day, and we moved to 30 players, as we were joined by another small/medium stack. I was quickly down to 20k, with an average of well over 80k, and picked up AsKs in the small blind, with blinds at 800/1,600/200 (3,600 in the pot befoe any further bets), and I decided to go with the hand, but (KH#3), just open shoved, rather than raising and sticking with it. Button said he would have called A9 and very next hand, I looked down at 99 so open-shoved again from the cut-off and was called by the SB with AJ - I was happy to flip as a slight favourite, and the double-up would have put me on approx 50k, but two Aces on the flop killed that, and I was out, with my tail well and truly between my legs. Good experience, but miffed that I panicked towards the end.

Re: GUKPT Bolton Just caught up with this thread. No surprise at all that Angiebabe didnt attend Bolton. The way she carried herself not only on the final table of the qualifying but also in threads since was very poor indeed and i was convinced she would not play. Such a shame that several of us played 7 weeks and a final and would loved to have gone to Bolton but lost to someone who didnt seem too bothered by it all. Well played McG. Nearly a good payday there.