BBOTD Sunday 13th of May

Re: BBOTD Sunday 13th of May *Quousko De L'Isop - Worcester 3:20* Ran well last time out when 3rd to Sainglend, a reproduction of that run would see it in the mix here again. Was a good 3rd off this mark behind Handy Andy at Newbury back in March too, Sam Thomas takes the mount for the first time, trip and ground should suit. Live chance. *1 Point WIN @ 7/1 VC BOG*

Re: BBOTD Sunday 13th of May Worcester 350 - Ricardo's Chance - 10/1 1pt Win Paddy Power BOG This one is an old timer now but I think he has it in him to win a race of this nature off of a mark of 105. Before his absence he was rated in the mid 110's, competing in class 2 handicaps and showed LTO that he still retains some of that ability over a trip that was probably a little too short and on ground that was a little too soft. With another sunny day forecast for tomorrow, I am hoping the ground will ride very close to good by the time these lot go to post. Of the rest, I think a couple of the market leaders are over-rated and Terfel's Toscar especially, as he hasnt beaten any of note to give him a mark of over 100 and is potentially laying material. Oscarslad could be the one to watch, especially if he shows any improvement but at the moment I think his mark is a fair one.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 13th of May Trainer T.Martin sends out 7 for Killarney but i'll side with his 5yr old gelding making his first race course appearance. Its a maiden hurdle over the 2m 1f and a few of them along with Mr Martin's could be anything, but i like the pilot choice from Tony and a chance is taken. Course - Unknown Distance - Unknown. Trip - Unknown. 2:55 Killarney - Matsukaze. 0.5 E/w Bet @ SP.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 13th of May 3.10 Longchamp Beauvoir 1pt win @ 14/1 Ladbrokes Going to take on Dabirsim who really should win this if getting a proper ride. That being said Dabirsim is drawn in 1 and Soumillion may try and make all which is pretty tough over in France. There are plenty in here who will be finishing fast and Beauvoir could be one of them. He won his first two starts and looked set to win very comfortably last time out over 10f at Longchamp in a group 3 before his stamina gave way and he finished 3rd. The drop back in trip will suit here and I very much doubt we have seen the best of this horse. He is drawn in 7 and has the services of Christophe Lemaire.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 13th of May 3.15 Leopardstown - 1pt win Remember Alexander @ 8/1 (Boyles) Jessie Harrington's horses can drift in and out of form but the yard are in decent nick of late and that bodes well for her filly in this Irish 1000 Guineas trial. She is a horse I have followed since her hugely eyecatching debut behind Power but has only managed to win one race. She's proven high-class though and her sole success came here in a Group 3 over 7f on soft ground. She was impressive on that occasion as she stormed up the centre of the track to win by 4l. She beat the subsequent Dewhurst winner Parish Hall into 2nd that day, although that one did have the rail run which may not have been the best place to be. She obviously likes cut and proved she goes well at Leopardstown last time out on her return to action. It was a very promising return to the track in a race which now looks good. She was beaten 1 3/4l by Guineas heroine Homecoming Queen with Fire Lily in 2nd. She should come on for that and the step up to a mile should be no issue. She's out of a twice-raced dam who won over 1m on her 2nd start, and by Teofilo - an unbeaten horse over 7f. The way she galloped on when winning here on soft over 7 suggests she'll relish this and with the front two in the market lacking a recent run, she must have a sound chance of getting her 2nd win.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 13th of May Leopardstown 15:15 - Coral Wave - 1pt win @ 7/2 BOG (Bet365) The going will be soft here tomorrow and my selection has no problems with a bit of cut in the ground. Coral Wave was last seen out in September when winning a class 1 race over 7f and had the recent 1000 guineas winner, Homecoming Queen, behind giving the form a huge boost. Coral Wave also won over 8f in September proving the distance to be no problem. I'm slightly concerned we may need a run before we see the best of this one this year but I'm willing to take a chance on that. Best of luck all.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 13th of May 3.15 - Leopardstown - Princess Sinead 1pt win @ 7/1 >Bet365 Chancing the two favourites will not be ready for this and so hopefully Princess Sinead can take advantage. Only outside the places once last year when 5 lengths behind Maybe in a group 1 contest at the Curragh. Next time out in a group 3 7f she was just behind current 1000 Guineas holder Homecoming Queen and todays rival Coral Wave on heavy ground. Lto she looked like she needed the run towards the end but was still only 2 lengths behind the winner. She should have come on for that and in todays conditions Princess Sinead could take this.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 13th of May Deustchland 3:25 Killarney E/W 14-1 (Boyles) Not won for quite some time and handicap mark has been dropping as a consequence. Stable could hardly be in better form, Ruby keeps the faith and horse can go well after a break, which will hopefully have freshened him up.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 13th of May 3.10 Longchamp - {b]Dragon Pulse - The Prix De Fontainebleau at Longchamp is a reasonable trial for this race with Dragon Pulse and Dabarsim filling the first two places in it. Dragon Pulse beat Dabarsim by a short head and they meet again at level weights here. Dragon Pulse has also had Furner's Green behind previously. He isn't ideally drawn today but Dragon Pulse may be able to confirm placings with Dabarsim again today. 3.10 Longchamp: Dragon Pulse - 1pt win @ 4/1 Bet365 (BOG)

Re: BBOTD Sunday 13th of May 4:10 Plumpton - Sircozy Won here on soft over the same distance a month ago against the only other runner that has had a win in the past 100 days. Same jockey today and he hasn't had a ride since that win. Sircozy bombed out on his most recent run, although that was for a prize of £16k and this (£5k) is much closer to the £3k winnings of the past win. The 6yo has had 31 outings and has won 26% of those, with a further 26% placed. Gary Moore has a runner in every Plumpton race this afternoon, but given the fact that these apprentice jockeys are all of the relative same ability, Sircozy could be his best chance of snatching a win. 13/2 paddypower (BOG) - win

Re: BBOTD Sunday 13th of May 3.50 WORCESTER DINGAT @ 8/1 Paddy Power BOG Won his maiden NHF race here way back in Oct 09, has been plagued by injuries since but showed enough last time to suggest he retains his ability. Was competitive off marks of 110 and 111 in better races than this prior to his injury problems so todays 108 looks workable. Ground should be ideal and trainer has been back amongst the winners after a quiet spell at the start of the year.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 13th of May 1450 worcester 1pt win ballyboker boy 3/1 bet365 mccoy takes the mount of this front runner,at which was clear last time out before fading from 3 out,lost a shoe, and finished 3rd behind the milanhorse was an unbeaten irish pointer and hopefully the champ can get back to winning ways

Re: BBOTD Sunday 13th of May Leopardstown 3.15 Yellow Rosebud 5-1 (bog) Bet365 I'm confident of success today with Dermot Weld's classy filly who posted decent performances last season. A good win over this course on her debut was followed by an excellent performance to run Maybe to 2 1/2 lengths on her second outing in a Group 2 over 7f at Curragh. That was a very good effort as she was the only one to make any significant impression from the rear and finished well to grab second close home. Both the winner and 3rd have gone on to be very decent fillies since and two of todays rivals (Rubina and Remember Alexander) were well beaten in 4th and 5th despite being better positioned throughout the race. Although she didn't quite run up to that on her final start in a Group 1 race in France it was slowly run and maybe the travelling played a part. The softer ground is an unknown but her half brother (My Kingdom) and half sister (Seeharn) both handle softer conditions, as do many of the sires progeny, so it's worth taking the risk at the price.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 13th of May 16.15 Leopardstown: Sharalam @ 11/8 Paddy Power Sharlam was my BBOTD already three weeks ago when finishing a close second at the Curragh over 10f. It didn't change much since then, I still believe the horse can develop into a very good one. He's 4lb up for the recent run but that shouldn't cause trouble as he's also up in trip and the additional 2f will surely suit.

4.50 Curragh: Sharalam @ 5/1 Paddy Power Quite an interesting Handicap and I like more than one horse here, though the most interesting runner is obviously Sharalam. He ended his 2yo season with two starts, the last one with a promising 3rd place to recent Irish Lincolnshire winner Sharestan. It's the only start on turf for Sharalam yet but he acted that day very well on the softish ground and therefore he won't mind the ground conditions tomorrow. His performance in that race was eye-catching anyway as he ran through the whole field, stayed on very well only hands and heels ridden and wasn't far beaten at the end by Sharestan, who in contrast was fully ridden out by Murtagh to make a winning debut. He had than a long break and gave his reappearance three weeks ago at Dundalk and won there solid enough, though the form is nothing special as it was a poor maiden. But he should improve from that run anyway in terms of experience and race fitness. He got a Handicap mark of 81 but that could be easily very lenient if his form to Sharestan proves right. He steps up to 10 furlongs for the first and that will suit very much. His pedigree is pointing in that direction and the way he stayed on in the Curragh maiden last year intensified this impression as well. I think he has a pretty good chance to win tomorrow and to progress from there into higher spheres.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 13th of May 2:45 Leopardstown - Back - Famous Name Looks pretty much a banker here. Has an incredible record at this track and has plenty in hand on official ratings. Was disappointing lto but that was a good race. He's back on a course and distance at which he is 6 out of 6, and it'd be disappointing if he couldn't make it a perfect 7 seven 1pt win @ 1/4 Paddy Power BOG

Re: BBOTD Sunday 13th of May 310 Plumpton: Mossini 1pt (4/1 Bet365/PP/WH) Small field and doubts about all of them so willing to take a chance on Mossini on his chasing debut for local trainer Gary Moore who always does well for his owners at this track. He was only an average novice last year and won a long distance event on soft ground before having to take a year off. Chasing was always his game and has had two comeback runs now to get him spot on for this, ran ok last time to show he retains what ability he had and looks fairly treated. Will like the ground and should stay this trip in this small field as they won't go very quick. Fav Brunette Sonly would prefer it firmer than this and he has the beating of the bottom one Ballyvoneen.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 13th of May 3.25 Killarney REALT DUBH 5 pts to win @ 5/2 bog (William Hill and Paddy Power) Feature race of the race (Grade B handicap) where I'm going with the favourite Realt Dubh who has been in very good form at top level (second behind Sizing Europe at the Punchestown Festival two weeks ago) over fences and comes back over hurdles where he is rated 2 stones less (135 vs 159). Meade's stable in good form and Paul Carberry riding at the best (7 winners from 30 rides in the last 5 weeks).

Re: BBOTD Sunday 13th of May 4:20 Worcester: Kusadasi 1pt win 9/1 Blue Square Kusadasi did not take to the larger obstacles, however he won quite nicely a couple of times over hurdles in Ireland. Martin Pipe had a fine record with horses transferred to him, and son David has continued that trend. If Kusadasi can recapture his hurdles form then he could go close here.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 13th of May 3.15 Leop - Duntle - EW 8/1 PP This is a far cry from the fillies maiden Duntle won at Dundalk recently but she created a big impression that day the way she made all and stretched clear. The Niarchos family had a good day yesterday with Main Sequence and hopefully this filly can give a good account today. This is a big step up for Duntle but she has plenty of positives on her side - has a run under her belt, she has clearly trained on from 2-3, already proven she stays a mile and the stable are in cracking form. So speculative each way at the prices and we so many big stables involved I could see her price drift a bit.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 13th of May 16.30 - Uttoxeter - South O'the Border @ 4/1 Skybet I'd personally have this horse down as favourite in my book. Nigel-Twiston Davies' runner runs off alot lower mark than he would be if he was hurdling and despite not running the best of races lto he did pretty well to go down by a length at Kelso 11 days ago. Running off the same mark again he should be in with a good chance. Interesting jockey booking in Jason Maguire and its worth noting that he has only had 3 rides for the trainer this year and has won on 2 of those starts. The soft ground shouldnt be a problem and as long as he stays the trip he should be in with a good chance.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 13th of May 15.15 Leopardstown: Coral Wave, 4/1 Boylesports, 1pt win Coral Wave beat a number of today's rivals during her juvenile season. Lto she won a fillie's group three on heavy ground, beating 1000 Guineas winner Homecoming Queen by a neck. She has won on yeilding ground before and over today's distance of a mile. Declan McDonogh has a 100% record on this horse winning twice from two rides, both class one. If Patrick Prendergast has her ready then she has a great chance.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 13th of May Plumpton 4.10 - Kuilsriver 1pts win 4/1 betfred This horse is still a maiden but I think the last two runs have hinted his winning turn shouldn't be too far away. He has finished second on his last two starts and was rather unlucky on both hampered in the run in one race and he hit the last hurdle in his other. Should have decent claims today and hoping that maiden tag can be shed.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 13th of May

Worcester 350 - Ricardo's Chance - 10/1 1pt Win Paddy Power BOG This one is an old timer now but I think he has it in him to win a race of this nature off of a mark of 105. Before his absence he was rated in the mid 110's, competing in class 2 handicaps and showed LTO that he still retains some of that ability over a trip that was probably a little too short and on ground that was a little too soft. With another sunny day forecast for tomorrow, I am hoping the ground will ride very close to good by the time these lot go to post. Of the rest, I think a couple of the market leaders are over-rated and Terfel's Toscar especially, as he hasnt beaten any of note to give him a mark of over 100 and is potentially laying material. Oscarslad could be the one to watch, especially if he shows any improvement but at the moment I think his mark is a fair one.
Didnt even get close! Oscarslad can second and at least Terfet's Toscar didnt win. Congrats to BarnsleyChop who got it right with Dingat!