Anyone a racing post member??

There are some more... But tis a Saturday and they will be busy punting or otherwise engaged.... You might have done better in the horse racing section as opposed to systems... Bygones - I'll definatly reply this evening when I have more time...

Re: Anyone a racing post member?? I just joined the £13 a month membership a couple of months ago There's nothing in it that wasn't free a few years ago, it's just every few months they take something else off the free site and make it members only So the kind of things that are now Members Only that used to be free are - Racing Post ratings, Topspeed Ratings, Post Race Anaysis on race results pages, Spotlight comments on racecard, some info like Postdata, Previous Winners of the Race, The Betting Forecast available the night before, etc Things relating to Sires and Bloodstock are Members Only Personally I could manage fine without all that stuff but I've got years of my own ratings stored on the RP site and when they made My Ratings a members only thing a couple of months ago I felt forced to pay up I definitely wouldn't join the more expensive membership as I'm not interested in what they're tipping (the tipping columns are on the more expensive membership) and the video replays are all available for free on the ATR and Sporting Life sites

Re: Anyone a racing post member??

and the video replays are all available for free on the ATR and Sporting Life sites
Could I have a link to that please? Been looking on the racing section @ sporting life but couldnt find replays, cheers

Could I have a link to that please? Been looking on the racing section @ sporting life but couldnt find replays, cheers
there are links to the replays on each horse's form page............but they're only for RUK tracks.

Re: Anyone a racing post member?? I pay for the premium package each month but I am seriously considering cancelling . I don't like the new RP layout and some of the things are fre elsewhere. Only problem is that I find some of the free sites a little primative.

Thanks for the reply!! What else is the basic package got in it that is good?? Is it any better than the free site? What differences??
It depends what it is you are after m8. Personally, I find that it is the best place I have found to store my own hcap ratings - I also, on occassion, use the Topspeed figures to back up what I am thinking when rating a race. If you are starting out, you might find the race analysis helpful - personally, I would always rather watch a replay first and form my own opinions without being influenced but they may help you at this stage. I would certainly rather pay £13 a month for ALL THE FORM rather than £1.90 or £2.20 a day for the horses last 3 runs.

I just joined the £13 a month membership a couple of months ago There's nothing in it that wasn't free a few years ago, it's just every few months they take something else off the free site and make it members only So the kind of things that are now Members Only that used to be free are - Racing Post ratings, Topspeed Ratings, Post Race Anaysis on race results pages, Spotlight comments on racecard, some info like Postdata, Previous Winners of the Race, The Betting Forecast available the night before, etc Things relating to Sires and Bloodstock are Members Only Personally I could manage fine without all that stuff but I've got years of my own ratings stored on the RP site and when they made My Ratings a members only thing a couple of months ago I felt forced to pay up I definitely wouldn't join the more expensive membership as I'm not interested in what they're tipping (the tipping columns are on the more expensive membership) and the video replays are all available for free on the ATR and Sporting Life sites
What he said :) Definitely worth paying for but it all depends how you are planning to 'attack' the study. We all have different methods so, if the things Trotter mentioned aren't of interest from a study perspective, then don't pay for them.

Re: Anyone a racing post member?? I might have posted this before on a different thread but I've just noticed it again........ I'm not logged in at the RP site but just popped in there to have a look at the French Guineas fields this afternoon...............click on the racecard and up comes the page for subscribing to Membership So it seems that overseas racecards are now no longer available without subscription That just strikes me as being petty and showing a desperation to find things to charge for.

I might have posted this before on a different thread but I've just noticed it again........ I'm not logged in at the RP site but just popped in there to have a look at the French Guineas fields this afternoon...............click on the racecard and up comes the page for subscribing to Membership So it seems that overseas racecards are now no longer available without subscription That just strikes me as being petty and showing a desperation to find things to charge for.
It is all part of the RP's master plan to eventually charge for most of their online content , the plan has slowly been inplemented over a number of years , a few years back everything was free including Pricewise extra and video replays. They gave us free heroin for a few years and now we're hooked on the stuff , we have to pay them !!

I might have posted this before on a different thread but I've just noticed it again........ I'm not logged in at the RP site but just popped in there to have a look at the French Guineas fields this afternoon...............click on the racecard and up comes the page for subscribing to Membership So it seems that overseas racecards are now no longer available without subscription That just strikes me as being petty and showing a desperation to find things to charge for.
Last time that happened it was a technical glitch and u could access it from the race drop down menu... Not tried as yet - watching footy!

Re: Anyone a racing post member?? Cancelled my subscription a couple of days ago. Didn't really use the member content and only started paying for it out of principle, but as the price has increased and I started using someplace else, I have rebelled. Viva la revolution!

They gave us free heroin for a few years and now we're hooked on the stuff ' date=' we have to pay them !![/quote'] I gave up smoking 3 months ago after more than 40 years on the weed........I reckon i could give up the RP ! Something very strange has happened since I signed up to the membership subscription.....I've stopped studying form !..........:unsure I've still had the occasional bet (been doing yankees - I only ever did singles when I was studying form) and I'm still putting stuff up on BBotD but I'm selecting just from the racecard and comments (and more often than not that means selecting losers) You know that saying, the harder I work the luckier I get...............well, my form has really slumped since I stopped working on the selections I think that having all those ratings and race analysis at your fingertips has made me lazy..............I just look at that stuff instead of studying each horse in the race as I used to do As soon as i get round to figuring out an alternative for keeping my speed ratings, I'm sorely tempted to cancel my subscription and just go back to having the basic facts of form in the hope that that wil force me out of the lethargy and make me put the hours in again.................. I still prefer the Post horse form pages and I could go back to the previous set up by just not logging in............I might try that for a month and see if I really miss all those 'extras', if not I'll cancel

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Anyone a racing post member?? On the cards page for todays 430 Leicester in the Horse racing Tips section under stats , it tips Ann Stokell/Hold The Tiger highlighting shes gone 1082 days without a winner.The betting forcast was 66/1 for the 5 horse race. What sort of tipping is that !! Are some of the tips in in that section automated ? Or is somebody at the RP having a laugh , very unprofessional to put it up as a tip . The winner was a 3/10 shot !! I'm looking forward to my membership running out in a few days time. The news section is horrendous to use now.

Re: Anyone a racing post member?? There was no inference to back the Ann Stokell runner erhaab1965, merely a negative statistic for the yard. Congratulations on kicking the habit Trotter, 40 years must have taken a fair grip.