France v England > June 11

Re: France v England > June 11 Over 4.5 cards @ Evens Bet365 Italian ref who averages 6 bookings a game in his last 10 matches.Add to that some of these games were meaningless with little at stake,got to fancy that France against England will be a little spicy.English defence will be up against the like of Nasri,Benzema and Ribery and hard to see the like of Cole,Terry and Johnson not get booked.Just like the ref in the other match tonite he will hand ot cards easily enough

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: France v England > June 11 France was my underdog to win the tournment some weeks ago because they have an great squad with offencive power in the trio Benzema, Ribery and Nasri. The worrying thing is all the internal problems that earlier has been in their squad. Are those problems solved? Have Blanc been able to put some harmony into their squad? Those are the questions....If the answer is Yes to both those questions than France will be dangeorous in this tournment. England has problems of their own with racist scandals, injured players, supsended key player (Rooney) etc..... I dont believe in them at all in this campaign and thinnk that they will start with a loss here. My price: 2.30 Source: TFB

Re: France v England > June 11 At this EURO 2012 Tournament I am not intersted betting on goals, asian handicap or 90 minutes winner. I will focus only on stats: corners, offsaid, ball posssion %, additional minutes 1st half or 2nd half, shot on target, cards, goalscorer anytime and others. France vs England Pick: France Offsaid Over 2.5 Odds: 1.80 Bookie: Bwin Match the two principal contenders will be held today in Donetsk. Two irreconcilable teams - England and France will start full-time group D game confrontation. I suggest not to go into the outcome of this fight, and to elaborate on the statistics of teams, namely the offside. Consider how many times fell into the offsaid tramp the French team. 29.02.12 Germany - France 2:5 16.11.11 France - Belgium 3:3 12.11.11 France - USA 4:2 11.10.11 France - Bosnia and Herzegovina 4:3 06.09.11 Romania - France 1:5 As you can see, France quite often falls to the "outside game". And with all rivals. On average, 4.2 times per game, which is very high. A similar result was recorded the team at the last World Cup in South Africa: 22.06.10 France - South Africa 6:3 17.06.10 Mexico - France 4:2 11.06.10 France - Uruguay 4:5 statistics clearly gives us the green light for the benefit of our selection. But , wont stop only here, let's go deeper. Let's assume what will develop the game: given the problems with the english composition (for various reasons, the team will not help: Ferdinand, Cahill, Lampard, Wilshere, Barry, Richards, Rooney), and the relatively recent arrival of new head coach - that the french team is coming to this fight in the status of favorite. English coach Roy Hodson made it clear that the team will play at euro strictly defensive football, this is the style of play and has been demonstrated in the previous two friendly games. Very well know to us Hodson past as a coach, Inter Milano, he is in lvoe with the italian soccer and implemented his style at Fulham, previously. This implies that the France will hold the ball more and play the first number today. And this, of course, favours out selection. Conclusion: France remembers well what it was worth a draw in the first game in 2008 and 2010. Today Laurent Blanc players will only play to win and hold the bulk of the match in attack. I believe that 3 times to get into an offside position the french is not difficult. And statistics is clearly confirmed. Adding here: Which team will have the most possession in the match? France 1.40 Bwin A -5 starting would also be good bet. Regards, Kav

Re: France v England > June 11 The under would make me very nervous. English defending was not good against belgium. They had big problems with the small fast players. I can see Ribery, Nasri and benzema giving the english problems here. The tactic of sitting back and coutner attacking against france is gold. We saw it numerous times that the franch have problems when they are too offensive playing possesion. Both of their defense side players are very offensive and mexes as rami are awfull in defending against speed in open spaces. Young and Wellbeck on the other hand are masters in exposing this. The insecurities on both sides give me also no incentive to bet on one team. France are favourites and the odds slowly go value but well they are too usntable at the defensive play. I like the bet with the cards. Referee is Ok with showing cards and Rami and mexes need to stop counter 1-3 times with fouls I suppose. The english will have problems with the fast and tricky players from france. Parker didnt look that 100% fit a week ago. Gerrard is also in for some hard tackle from now and then. I have line over 3,5 cards -> @1,7 Over 4,5 offsides @1,8 Kavkaz where do you find these stats?I would be interested in the english offside statistics. The only thing that might speak against offsides is deep playing england who doesnt offer much room for offside. The backline isnt used to each other so they might not play for the trap. Tough, ribery alone stands often in offside positionat bayern.

Re: France v England > June 11 Attack : England have a very inexperienced attacking lineup most likely consisting of Welbeck and Young. The midfield doesn't provide much attacking firepower either with Gerrard being the only real goalscoring threat. Crucially Rooney is not available. France have a more formidable attack with Benzema as target man and support coming in the form Nasri and Ribery. Defense : Under Hodgson, England will be very organized at the back, even though they do not have their strongest back four. Having looked at the previous two friendlies, the English will be hard to break down. France have an inexperienced back line plagued with injuries too. With Mexes and Rami as probable starters, England may possibly find some holes in the the defense. Motivation : Both teams have relatively easier games against Sweden and Ukraine. England may just play for the point, but France with their attack may push for a win, as it would mean they have one foot in the knockout stage. Weather : Donetsk- forecast tells us it will be a scorcher of a day at 31-33 c with slight humidity. Could mean difficult conditions for players, much like we saw at Holland v Denmark Formations : England likely to play 4-4-2, with a defensive minded midfield and France likely to play 4-2-3-1 with a much more attack minded midfield Starting line up : Notables: Yann M'Vila ruled out of the game. He is the crucial lynchpin of the French defensive system and will be a big blow. We all know about the missing players for England, but it looks like their midfield will be Milner, Downing, Gerrard, and Parker/Barry. Hardly inspiring. Both teams are injury raven, England more so. Overall, taking into account attack and defense, France have the stronger lineup. Number of fans : This is like a derby match, and both will have a large and loud set of supporters. Referee : Nicola Rizzoli (ITA)- fairly strict and liable to lead to cagey affair Past form : France are unbeaten in last 21 games and have beaten England in the last two meetings. England have lost only 2 out of the last 22. Other : Englands performance in the first match of any major competition has always been cagey. -- SportingGuru says : As all first matches, I expect this one to be tight too. Especially, because a draw would suit both teams and also crucially, the weather may lead to a very slow game. Looking at Hodgson's set up, I cannot see them playing any other style apart from a disciplined non-threatening one. France, who will do most of the attacking will find England hard to break down and England themselves may only really attack on the counter. But overall I think this will be a low scoring affair in which France may edge it. The most important thing I think is the motivation for each team, and it is clear both want to avoid loss at all costs. -- Good Luck to all!! :ok

Re: France v England > June 11

Kavkaz where do you find these stats?I would be interested in the english offside statistics. The only thing that might speak against offsides is deep playing england who doesnt offer much room for offside. The backline isnt used to each other so they might not play for the trap. Tough, ribery alone stands often in offside positionat bayern.
Qualification to this tournament. England won.. avg 2.5 offsaid/game, 20 total from 8 games France won.. avg 3.2 offsaid/game, 32 total from 8 games

Re: France v England > June 11 England Due to arguments in the federation coach Fabio Capello was fired and replaced by Roy Hodgson. He is a very experienced coach but he was put in charge only 6 weeks ago. The team cannot adjust to his strategy in such a short time especially because there wasn't any serious match since he took over. England hasn't technically skilled offensive players in their squad and furthermore they don't have any playmaker. Other teams like Germany, Argentina or France have players like Özil, Messi or Ribery who always can decide a match by their individual skills. Furthermore England will be without the experienced midfielders Frank Lampard and Gareth Barry. Even more important is the absence of top scorer Wayne Rooney who is suspended. England's offence depends very much on Rooney and without him it will be difficult for the three lions to score. France After the disastrous world cup in South Africa they were able to turn things around and got back on track. The last time they lost was back in September 2010 und France is unbeaten for almost two years. They even won against top teams like Germany or Brazil. Their defense is traditionally very strong and in the last 21 games they just conceded 9 goals which is very impressive number. They were even able to keep a clean sheet in 13 out of those 21 games. Lately they showed some great fire power as well. France won the last three matches against Estonia, Serbia and Iceland shooting 9 goals. The French team consists of a very good mix of young and experienced players and valuable players like Loris, Evra, Ribery and Benzema show that they are well balanced in both offense and defense. Summary England hasn’t had a smooth preparation at all. With a new coach and without the key players Lampard and Rooney it will be very difficult against the strong French team in shape. Moreover France won the last match against England in London 2010. For today it's a good choice to bet on France again. Video Preview France vs. England http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxPy_DcsQZM

Re: France v England > June 11 Skipping this, as I've skipped every game so far. So unpredictable right now, these Euro's. I think it's dangerous to oppose England. Defensively, I think they can be very strong; Hart, Johnson, Lescott, Terry, Cole, there isn't a better back five in the tournament. That actually is the best back five; six, if you include Scott Parker. The question then becomes: can Milner, Gerrard, Ox, Young and Welbeck do any damage? Again, against a suspect French backline, you're brave to oppose here, in my opinion. Really think peeps are reading too much in to Roy's two games in charge as well, regards negativity. I'm sure he knows the likes of Mexes are clowns, and the best form of defense is to get at their defense. Overs the play then? Again, so unpredictable so far this tournament, the best bet for me right now is to let the tournament mature a little.

Skipping this, as I've skipped every game so far. So unpredictable right now, these Euro's. I think it's dangerous to oppose England. Defensively, I think they can be very strong; Hart, Johnson, Lescott, Terry, Cole, there isn't a better back five in the tournament. That actually is the best back five; six, if you include Scott Parker. The question then becomes: can Milner, Gerrard, Ox, Young and Welbeck do any damage? Again, against a suspect French backline, you're brave to oppose here, in my opinion. Really think peeps are reading too much in to Roy's two games in charge as well, regards negativity. I'm sure he knows the likes of Mexes are clowns, and the best form of defense is to get at their defense. Overs the play then? Again, so unpredictable so far this tournament, the best bet for me right now is to let the tournament mature a little.
I agree, it wouldn't surprise me if this was under or over, I don't see how anyone can make a confident prediction when there are so many question marks over both sides.

Re: France v England > June 11 Goal line over 1.75 @ 1.825 bet365 England win @ 3.50 Will Hill This just seems a crazy goal line. I know Hodgson will set up very tight and look to score the odd goal on the counter or a set piece. I know it's a game that both teams will see as imperative not too lose which could make for a cagey encounter. But this bet just needs 2 goals to see profit and I don't think that's out of the question. England look pretty solid at the back but France have some good attacking players. And whilst England aren't anything special offensively, they still have the players who can hurt what looks an average French defence. I expect France to have more possession but England have pace up front and can hit them on the counter. Overall I honestly think the 2 sides are fairly evenly matched and therefore think the value is on England. This is no patriotic betting with my heart ruling my head but simply looking at it from a neutral perspective. It should be a tight game and I think the recent shift on odds is a bit too much of an over reaction. I personally wouldn't have England any worse than 2/1 for this so the 5/2 currently on offer is appealing enough for me to get involved.

Re: France v England > June 11 i think hodgson will hope to take advantage with one goal and sit on it like rooster on an egg. i don't expect exiting game tonight although france have got enough technically able players to expose england.

Re: France v England > June 11 Difficult game to call. England have a few players looking to cement their places today and make an impression in the Ox and Wellbeck, so I expect a bright start from England but gradually fade over the game. The French look weaker at the back but in Ribery, Benzema and Nasri have the players to cause problems and I see them scoring eventually today. Hopefully Chamberlain will have a go and play with no fear, getting plenty of balls into the box and we can knick an early goal. Going for England HT/Draw FT - 16/1 Ladbrokes

Re: France v England > June 11 Having saw the teams yes France look stronger however i feel England can create chances against a wobbly French backline and are well overpriced at 5/2 therefore have invested in a wincast for England with Ashley Young hopefully getting on the scoresheet at 15/2 with Paddy Power, good luck gents and enjoy ;)

Notorious what I think about this bet is good enough and also safe.....You have another opinion?
I think the point someone is trying to make and also the rules of the thread and forum is the fact there is no reasoning with your bets. Please in future let us know the reasoning behind your pics or they may well be deleted. Thanks

After losing their opening fixture in the qualifiers at home against Belarus, France remained unbeaten in the remaining 9 games, recording 6 wins and 3 draws. England however, haven't lost a single game in their qualifying campaign, recording 5 wins and 3 draws.Both sides have also good defensive record. France conceded 4 goals in 10 games and England 5 goals in 8 games during the qualifiers. After the qualifying games France played 6 friendlies winning 5 and drawing 1, while England played 5 friendlies winning 4 games by the same score line 1-0 and losing 2-3 to Holland. France haven't lost against England in the last 5 games, recording 4 wins and 1 draw. Moreover, England failed to beat France in their last 4 games in EURO. In the last major tournaments England often had a poor start and their record is as follows:
  • EURO 1996: England 1-1 Switzerland
  • 1998 FIFA World Cup: England 2-0 Tunisia
  • EURO 2000: Portugal 3-2 England
  • 2002 FIFA World Cup: England 1-1 Sweden
  • EURO 2004: France 2-1 England
  • 2006 FIFA World Cup: England 1-0 Paraguay
  • 2010 FIFA World Cup: England 1-1 USA

So in the last 7 major football tournaments England have only won 2 games and these were also the 2 games they have kept clean sheets in. Based on these facts and that England quite often don't do well in their opening fixtures I can't see them winning this game. However, England managed to score in their last 7 opening fixtures at the major tournaments and they have also conceded in 5 out of these games. Both sides have lost only 1 game each in the last 2 years and based on all of the above stats I can say that England won't win this game, but I see at least 1 goal for each side with most likely outcome being 1-1 draw. Both to Score @ 2.20 ​Bet365

Won before half time :beer

Over 4.5 cards @ Evens Bet365 Italian ref who averages 6 bookings a game in his last 10 matches.Add to that some of these games were meaningless with little at stake,got to fancy that France against England will be a little spicy.English defence will be up against the like of Nasri,Benzema and Ribery and hard to see the like of Cole,Terry and Johnson not get booked.Just like the ref in the other match tonite he will hand ot cards easily enough
2 yellows for England and somehow none for France so far,someone needs to tell the ref this is Euro 2012 not eurovision Should of known after seeing this pic https://twitter.com/Arsenes_Eyes/status/212236181973372928/photo/1

I am being boring again here and going for under 2.5 goals. I dont see England scoring and I think they will try and keep it tight at the back and maybe try and nick it. At best England will only score once and I dont think will let more that 1 in themselves. England will be quite happy with the draw here. under 2.5 goals with Stanjames @ 1.50 Stake 10 points Current profit 0.40 points.
Another winner and another game which I could easily have lost. +5.40 for the tournament now though.

2 yellows for England and somehow none for France so far,someone needs to tell the ref this is Euro 2012 not eurovision Should of known after seeing this pic https://twitter.com/Arsenes_Eyes/status/212236181973372928/photo/1
Wasnt shocked at how england played,cagey,rigid and reasonably orgonised,with their intent firmly on the prospect of the odd set piece and counter attack trying to utilize the pace of Wellbeck and AOC, only quibble is that they defended too deep. The ref was a f**king joke,on at least 3 maybe 4 occasions the french cynically fouled our players to prevent a counter attack from happening- no yellow cards for the dirty french players tho!!! Hope we don't get this ref again