Villa v Bolton > April 24th

[TABLE=class: couponTable] [TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Tuesday 24 April 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [TH] [/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Aston Villa v Bolton Wanderers (19:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.1 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.19 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings][/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Villa v Bolton > April 24th I can see this being a draw. Bolton are in better form but I just can't see them beating Villa at home, probably a 1-1-er as Bolton are going to need to try win this and I can imagine Aston Villa taking the lead as Bolton are caught on the counter, of course Bolton will equalise! Of course, I am a newbie and this is only an opinion of mine based on what I've been watching!

Re: Villa v Bolton > April 24th Villa vs Bolton + 0.5 @ 20/21 Betfair Villa have an awful record in 2012. Their two premiership wins have been against Fulham (last minute goal after goalkeeper mistake to win 1-0) and the already relegated Wolves, who were down to 10. Encapsulating poor performances have been a host of injuries, most notably to their captain Dunne and key striker Bent. Add to this the influential Petrov's battle with cancer and we see a team that is a pale imitation of the one that beat Chelsea 3-1 at the Bridge in December. One thing they have really struggled with is set pieces, and this still has not been rectified. I read a stat that they have conceded the highest proportion of set piece goals than any other team, although that was a few weeks ago so I don't know if it is still 100% accurate. Bolton, however, are strong at set pieces, and they scored from them in each of their 3 crucial wins against QPR, BBurn and Wolves a few weeks back. I see this being a deciding factor in how this game goes. Additionally, Villa's Collins, probably their best defender at heading the ball, is doubtful having gone off before HT on the weekend. I wouldn;t be surprised if this finished a draw as Villa do have pace to trouble a shaky and mostly slow Bolton backline. But Bolton have usually pulled out good results against teams in and around them this season: their results table against the now bottom 5 reads - W6 D1 L2 and I see Bolton's strength from set pieces being chaotic for Villa.

Re: Villa v Bolton > April 24th

Villa vs Bolton + 0.5 @ 20/21 Betfair Villa have an awful record in 2012. Their two premiership wins have been against Fulham (last minute goal after goalkeeper mistake to win 1-0) and the already relegated Wolves, who were down to 10. Encapsulating poor performances have been a host of injuries, most notably to their captain Dunne and key striker Bent. Add to this the influential Petrov's battle with cancer and we see a team that is a pale imitation of the one that beat Chelsea 3-1 at the Bridge in December. One thing they have really struggled with is set pieces, and this still has not been rectified. I read a stat that they have conceded the highest proportion of set piece goals than any other team, although that was a few weeks ago so I don't know if it is still 100% accurate. Bolton, however, are strong at set pieces, and they scored from them in each of their 3 crucial wins against QPR, BBurn and Wolves a few weeks back. I see this being a deciding factor in how this game goes. Additionally, Villa's Collins, probably their best defender at heading the ball, is doubtful having gone off before HT on the weekend. I wouldn;t be surprised if this finished a draw as Villa do have pace to trouble a shaky and mostly slow Bolton backline. But Bolton have usually pulled out good results against teams in and around them this season: their results table against the now bottom 5 reads - W6 D1 L2 and I see Bolton's strength from set pieces being chaotic for Villa.
Collins is out. Agbonlahor a doubt, with his possible replacement being Heskey :unsure

Re: Villa v Bolton > April 24th I think Villa are too short. I think the odds should be closer together as this has been one hell of a poor season for both sides. For that reason I couldn't really pick a winner, and a draw looks the most likely scenario, as both sides are missing players and looking completely woeful.

Re: Villa v Bolton > April 24th Actually to add I think all the pressure is on Villa. They're a big club. They've gone the distance in this league over the years and suddenly find themselves struggling at the wrong end when they should be challenging for a top eight place. I think this is literally the worst fixture in the league this season in terms of the teams and their respective expectations. Now, both have to up their game when neither have managed it all season.

Re: Villa v Bolton > April 24th i watched aston villa play at the weekend and they looked desperate and totally dis-functional as team. they had no ethic in they play and relied too much in individual players to make something against their opponents. they give me no confidence going into this match and are only looking to get another three points from somewhere to stay safe and close their poor season. perhaps they may get a win at home but i am willing to take a shot on bolton against the odds to win

Re: Villa v Bolton > April 24th Draw @ 3.60 pinnacle Desperate times for both clubs as Villa sit 5 points above the drop zone while Bolton need a win to get out of the bottom 3. Villa have drawn 3 of their last 4 games, as well as 4 of their last 7 home games, which have included games against teams around where they sit on the ladder, like Sunderland (0-0 at home); Stoke (1-1 at home); Blackburn (1-1 away); Wigan (0-0 away) and QPR (2-2 at home). Bolton drew 1-1 at home to Swansea on the weekend, but have won just 3 while losing the other 9 EPL games. Of these wins, they did beat teams around on the ladder, beating Wolves 3-2 away, Blackburn 2-1 at home and QPR 2-1 at home. Still, their away form is not the best and with neither team in any sort of good form, then can see both sides get a point, just like they did in the corrsponding fixture last year where they settled for a 1-1 draw. Season record: 150-208 (-5.96)

Re: Villa v Bolton > April 24th I agree with most of whats been said so far. Good work guys. Aston Villa vs Bolton Villa has seriously been dragged back into the relegation battle. Though they look to be in a comfortable position, a win for Bolton will take them 3 points behind Villa with Bolton having a game in hand. The bottom 5 has become a bottom 6, though Wolves are already relegated, its not beyond the realms of impossibility that Villa will face relegation, especially with so many surprise wins for teams at the bottom. Coyle has had a injury nightmare this season to key players. They did very well last season in the Premier league though their form dipped towards the end. Though they were never in doubt for relegation. This season started brightly also, a 0 - 4 away thumping of QPR, though the scrap against relegation has been the theme around the Reebok. The loss of Sturridge and Elmander without being replaced has also contributed on top of the injuries. Coyle has not been helped again this week by what he described as "freak injuries" to Davies and Pratley. Though they might still be involved, there has been speculation that Coyle has to start to 18 year old debutant Josh Vela. Muamba's injury has not helped the team moth mentally nor physically, and you do have to feel for Coyle and his player injuries. Though with games in hand as well as having easier games than the likes of Blackburn and QPR, Bolton are still favourites to avoid the drop. I won't mention too much about Villa as I have said alot about them in previous game reviews. There has been too many draws. I would like to blame McLeish for his managerial style, though I doubt that will be the sole reason. They have become a selling club and they are struggling to find wins from their draws. At home especially, they have been poor. Home advantage counts little when your fans are unhappy with aspects of the club. Though not as vocal as Blackburn fans, there is definitely tension. Villa though on the end of a soft penalty decision at Old Trafford, there was no denying that they were poor on the day and in the end comprehensively beaten 4 - 0. Tame 1 - 1 and 0 - 0 Draws between that game against Stoke and Sunderland at home really summed up their season. I enjoyed Bolton's attitude last time out against Newcastle. Though Newcastle were poor on the day, Bolton were impressive and looked lively. They had a contrasting performance against Swansea at the Reebok over the weekend, but perhaps they are more confident playing away from home. Initially I wanted to back them on a +0.5 handicap, though I felt it was very thin. Though its not a secret anymore, games like this have got a draw written large all over it. Bolton were comfortable dealing with Newcastle's attacks, and it took some brilliance from Ben Arfa to break them down. I expect a similar style of challenge from a poorer Aston Villa side. Davies and Pratley are doubts for this game mentioned earlier. McLeish has minor doubts to Agbonlahor, whilst Collins sustained an injury and is unlikely to be involved. Though both sides desperately want 3 points, its also important not to lose and give 3 points away to relegation opponents. As said before, a defeat for Villa will leave them 3 points ahead of Bolton in the thick of things with Bolton having a game in hand, whilst a win for Villa pulls them clear and should see them safe from relegation.Though this game is being overshadowed by the Champions league clash, Im still not expecting fireworks from these two sides. 0 - 0 draw or a 1 - 1 draw is a big range. Draw 3.550 188Bet 5/10

Re: Villa v Bolton > April 24th Real nightmare match for punters IMO. I've looked at this from every angle and I just cannot put real money on any scenario. FWIW I do think Villa are too short, there's a real rotten atmosphere around the place these days and I think McLeish will get the bullet once the season ends. However I cannot put real money on this Bolton side either, not in this match-up anyway. My gut would say draw or narrow Aston Villa win, but gonna pass....plus big CL clash on so mind will be elsewhere.

Re: Villa v Bolton > April 24th Villa v Bolton +0.5 @1.925 Bet365 I'm not particularly big on Bolton but I'm really against villa and I think they are too short here. They are in shocking form, have injury worries and are playing a number of relatively inexperienced youngsters. I watched stoke play villa the other week and I couldn't believe how poor they were(not that we were any better). MacLeish has got big problems there and if they hadn't already got points on board, their form in the 2nd half of the season would have seen them relegated. Im not a massive fan of Bolton either and like villa, their season has been massively hampered by injuries. They are fighting for their lives though and I think the value is with them achieving at least a draw in this crunch match.

Re: Villa v Bolton > April 24th Aston Villa v Bolton - Bolton (Draw No Bet) @ 2/1 William Hill Bolton's record against the sides in the lower regions of the table is pretty good. They've done the double over both Blackburn and QPR this season and have also won away to Wolves and Wigan. They've also won more games away than they have at home whereas Villa have won just 1 of their last 11 at Villa Park. Villa have failed to score in 5 of their last 10 and with Agbonlahor a doubt for the game, it's hard to see where their goal threat will be coming from tonight. On top of that they also have problems at the back with key defender James Collins missing out through injury. Bolton also have their share of injury problems to contend with but they're in a better position overall and they offer a lot more attacking threat with the likes of Ngog, Davies, Klasnic, Eagles and Petrov, who should cause the weakened Villa defence plenty of problems. Bolton will be desperate to get the 3 points against a weakened Villa side and i think they have a good chance of getting them. At 2/1 the Draw No Bet option looks great value.

Re: Villa v Bolton > April 24th Much as the draw looks good, I think it's safe to say that if Bolton get a result, they're as likely to win as to draw, as they really, really need a win. Therefore I'll take the better odds, Bolton @ 4.07. Take note that in EPL this season, weekday games involving dogs of between 4.00 and 4.99 have been full of barking...underdogs are 8-7-4 in these games.