** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

April 16 - April 22

Re: April 16 - April 22 LOL, I seriously consider backing Haase tomorrow against Djokovic. You wil not find a player that is more sticky than Haase. No need to play tennis - either the opponent rols an ankle, or the rain cripples the match, Haase always takes advantage. I wonder what is going to take Djoker down in quarterfinals.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: April 16 - April 22

Stanislas Wawrinka to beat Nicolas Almagro @ 13/8 BET 365 Strength (6/10) Feel this is a good time to fade Almagro. Right at the start of the clay season, after a fairly gruelling start to the year (due to his good form) and with the David Cup thrown in for good measure. He might just have a mental let down today and save himself for Rome, Madrid etc in the lead up to the French, and against someone with the quality of Wawrinka (albeit going thorugh a career malaise) that could prove costly. Wawrinka leads the head to head so he should feel pretty confident, and should also be feeling physically fresh after doing not doing a pile in Miami or Indian Wells.
Stunning selection mate.

Verdasco - Tsonga The local hero Tsonga will be facing here Fernando Verdasco. Tsonga had 2 very good wins against Rufin and Kohlschreiber in straightsets and playing well. He suprise me with his game. Verdasco playing not good, won in 3 sets against Rochus and won in 3 sets against Dodig. But it's not good at all what he will showing. But this bet will be facting on the 2 meetings between both players on hardcourt. Twice it will be a match in 3 sets and Verdasco loves to play on this surface. 1/10 Over 22 games @ 1.86 Pinnacle 3/10 Tsonga ML @ 1.53 Pinnacle Almagro - Wawrinka Almagro the little clay player will be facing here a good Wawrinka. The last one beaten Andujar two day and showing some good perfomance. When i think about Almagro i see a little player who is mentally dramatic. That is the reason why he can lose from every player. Wawrinka is a player who can beaten Almagro here with his game. I think this will be not a easy game, but maybe he will win in 2 very long sets. 1/10 Over 22 games @ 1.81 Pinnacle Djokovic - Dolgopolov Line is to low here. See Dolgopolov playing twice this week against Istomin and Tomic and he playing well. Showing some good perfomance and had to win in 2 sets today against Tomic. But he had one dramatic game. Both players had facing eachother one time at the US Open last year and Djokovic had not a easy match there. When we see that Dolgopolov is growing up till a better player last year, we would like this low line. 2/10 Over 18.5 games @ 2.03 Pinnacle Tipsarevic - Simon Biggest play of the day, i think you must play this pick fast but the odds are dropping fast. Simon showing a great perfomance here in Monte Carlo, but he had stay here after the Davis Cup meeting against USA. Had 2 good victories, the last today against Gil. But Gil was not totally fit, but Simon playing well. Tipsarevic will be a little bit overrated here. He is a good top 10 player, but he is not a player who likes clay at most. He had three meetings against Simon on hardcourt and all meetings he lost. But in every meeting their will be a tiebreak. 2/10 Over 21.5 games @ 1.83 Pinnacle 3/10 Simon ML @ 1.79 Pinnacle
Djokovic - Dolgopolov Will be added here some extra units on the over. Djokovic had leaving this morning crying the court, when he was hearing that his grandfather will be died. Djokovic will be play today, but i know that his head not is empty. 2/10 Over 18.5 games @ 1.86 Bet365
Nice day here!

Re: April 16 - April 22 Odesnik to beat Prodon 2-0 @ 29/20 with Bwin Okay Odesnik is far and away the more talented player in general and on clay even, Prodon is a one trick pony and only really has his glint of success on clay. I watched Oddy against Lorenzi the other week on clay and he was scintillingly good, the bloke has great movement and a diverse range of all court tennis ability. Prodon needed a tie break to beat Pospisil last round, who might i add is dreadful on clay. Oddy's at home in the US here and should really thrash this pathetic one trick shitty pony. 8/10 in the confidence stakes

Re: April 16 - April 22 Granollers and M, Lopez to beat F, Mayer and Melzer @ 4/5 with Paddy Power Are you mad? MARC LOPEZ DOUBLES PARTNER TEAMS WITH BLOODY RAFA WHEN RAFA FANCIES A BIT OF VOLLEY PRACTISING. Granollers has partnered with Marc Lopez before and they work relatively well together as a unit, whilst this is the first tournament Florian and Melzer have played with one another. Should be relatively easy in the end. 8/10 in the confidence stakes

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga -3 games AH v Fernando Verdasco @ 1.97 with allyoubet 7pts WIN Kei Nishikori +3.5 games v Tomas Berdych @ 1.84 with Panbet 3pts WIN Over 22 games AH between Janko Tipsarevic and Gilles Simon @ 1.85 with Panbet 3pts WIN Novak Djokovic -6 games AH v Alexander Dolgopolov @ 2.16 with Panbet 3pts LOSS
+8.86pt profit for yesterday's action. I am very pleased with that. So pleased, in fact, that I'm not playing today!

Granollers and M' date= Lopez to beat F, Mayer and Melzer @ 4/5 with Paddy Power Are you mad? MARC LOPEZ DOUBLES PARTNER TEAMS WITH BLOODY RAFA WHEN RAFA FANCIES A BIT OF VOLLEY PRACTISING. Granollers has partnered with Marc Lopez before and they work relatively well together as a unit, whilst this is the first tournament Florian and Melzer have played with one another. Should be relatively easy in the end. 8/10 in the confidence stakes
Sorry, but can't agree with this. I watched Granollers/Lopez in Davis Cup and they are not really that good. Mayer is a tricky guy, always changing his doubles partners, and a lot of the time makes upsets(like in Indian Wells beating Roddick/Fish with Nieminen as a partner). Mayer and Melzer are both much better singles players than Granollers and Lopez, Melzer is a great doubles, Mayer as well, the austrian and the german are good friends, both are out of singles, so I think they are going strong in the doubles competition. Personally, I am going big on the german/austrian pair. Good luck! Another good pick in my opinion would be Marach/Peya, but I am not sure if I am gonna be betting them yet.

Re: April 16 - April 22 Paolo Lorenzi to spank the utter joke that is James Blake @ 2.20 with William Hill You have got to be SHITTING ME RIGHT? Lorenzi is an absolute hustler on clay, Blake's odds are simply dictated by his past and even in the past I would have given Paolo the edge against James on clay. Right, I see Lorenzi as a shoe-in .. he'll hustle and harry and get everything James fires at him back ... move James about and James movement won't cope, especially not on clay, the dude can barely slide on this surface, lets be bloody real now! Easy, easy, easy.... AZAYYYYYYY MANAAAAAYYYYYY HAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YEAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! 8/10 in the confidence stakes.

Re: April 16 - April 22 I'mLovingIt - Have to agree here, thanks for flagging that up. Completely escaped my attention that match. Wouldn't surprise me if Lorenzi was favourite by the time the match starts. Blake hasn't really done anything, his victories being epic struggles over Kudla and Duclos. Edit: Meant to reply with quote there. What is the point of the just the 'reply' option? Seems a bit redundant.

Paolo Lorenzi to spank the utter joke that is James Blake @ 2.20 with William Hill You have got to be SHITTING ME RIGHT? Lorenzi is an absolute hustler on clay, Blake's odds are simply dictated by his past and even in the past I would have given Paolo the edge against James on clay. Right, I see Lorenzi as a shoe-in .. he'll hustle and harry and get everything James fires at him back ... move James about and James movement won't cope, especially not on clay, the dude can barely slide on this surface, lets be bloody real now! Easy, easy, easy.... AZAYYYYYYY MANAAAAAYYYYYY HAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YEAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! 8/10 in the confidence stakes.
I totally agree with your odesnik pick as ill be betting him myself im sure he'll beat prodon quite comfortably, but your lorenzi pick i cant agree with at all i think blake will win this if you check blake actually won this challenger last year, granted blake isnt the best on clay at all and lorenzi spends most of his year playing on clay but the fact that blake is playing at home and defending the title i think will give him the edge here. Blake hasnt played well all year so far but he can find some form in any given match remember he is a former top 5 player, and with his agressive style of play if he does find his best tennis he will take lorenzi apart.

we will see what happens then
Here is Lorenzi's form on clay http://tennisinsight.com/match_preview_activity.php?match_id=174034301&player=2&activity=2 Here is Blake's form on clay http://tennisinsight.com/match_preview_activity.php?match_id=174034301&player=1&activity=2&advanced= The last decent player Blake's actually defeated on the surface was Alex Bogomolov and that was over a year ago.

Re: April 16 - April 22 Guys, I've just got back from uni and the last thing I really want to do is read through a ton of stupid comments and go through and delete them. If you want to have your domestics, go on the Jeremy Kyle show or something, but do it away from these forums as it's what really downgrades the PL name. ImLovinIt, great picks recently mate but you should know more than most here, that the forums isn't a place for childish arguments. If a comment is made, just rise above it and the moderators will deal with it in due course. The fact that your tip was a success should speak more than anything without the need to bicker. Apart from that, keep up the good work.

Re: April 16 - April 22 Regarding Odesnik, ooft, I certainly hope he retires... then I get my hopeless bet back. I went for a straight win together in a parley. Did you know he wasn't 100%? If yes, that maybe should have factored in the decision whether to take the bet or not.

ooft, I certainly hope so... then I get my hopeless bet back. I went for a straight win together in a parley. Did you know he wasn't 100%? If yes, that maybe should have factored in the decision whether to take the bet or not.
No I didn't, then again, all I had to base this on was his last two matches which he seemed to come through with relative ease. [TABLE=width: 100%] [TR] [TD=class: tournamentStyle, width: 80, bgcolor: #BCD0E8]Apr 16 2012[/TD] [TD=class: tournamentStyle, width: 5, bgcolor: #BCD0E8][/TD] [TD=class: tournamentStyle, width: 100%, bgcolor: #BCD0E8, colspan: 10]Sarasota Ch (USA) Match Stats, Clay, Seed (7), Rank 118, Rating 1.13[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: matchDateStyle, width: 5, bgcolor: #DCE8F4][/TD] [TD=class: matchDateStyle, width: 80, bgcolor: #DCE8F4]Round of 16[/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle, width: 5, bgcolor: #F2F5FA][/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle, bgcolor: #F2F5FA]Def. (WC)Tim Smyczek(211,0.64) (USA) 6-3 6-3 Recap [/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle, width: 5, bgcolor: #F2F5FA] [/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle, bgcolor: #F2F5FA]$1.400[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: matchDateStyle, width: 5, bgcolor: #DCE8F4][/TD] [TD=class: matchDateStyle, width: 80, bgcolor: #DCE8F4]Round of 32[/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle, width: 5, bgcolor: #F2F5FA][/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle, bgcolor: #F2F5FA]Def. (q)Nicholas Monroe(492,-0.36) (USA) 6-4 6-7(1) 6-1 Recap[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

He's broken back' date=' so it seems all is well in the camp, however I'd much rather he jus retired and saved us the anguish. Apologies if this loses mate.[/quote'] No worries, man. Sometimes, the best capping can't foresee this stuff. I think he'll pull through but will bow out in 2. A shame.

Odesnik to beat Prodon 2-0 @ 29/20 with Bwin Okay Odesnik is far and away the more talented player in general and on clay even, Prodon is a one trick pony and only really has his glint of success on clay. I watched Oddy against Lorenzi the other week on clay and he was scintillingly good, the bloke has great movement and a diverse range of all court tennis ability. Prodon needed a tie break to beat Pospisil last round, who might i add is dreadful on clay. Oddy's at home in the US here and should really thrash this pathetic one trick shitty pony. 8/10 in the confidence stakes
Clap clap. Still confidence stakes ? I am waiting for your Lorenzi pick as well, will be watching how it goes to hell and back. :)

Clap clap. Still confidence stakes ? I am waiting for your Lorenzi pick as well, will be watching how it goes to hell and back. :)
Come on man, stop with that please... Do you win something by doing that? ImLovinIt is clearly one of the best tipsters here (despite missing this bet on Odesnik) along with some other names. You wont win money by insulting other guys. btw, thanks ImLovinIt for your help here.

Re: April 16 - April 22 shor: Welcome to the forum, hopefully you are going to enjoy it and contribute more selections. However, please do not harass other members or post unnecessarily rude comments. Check the rules if in doubt. Less quantity, more quality. As you can see, the mods are not the only ones bothered by that.

Re: April 16 - April 22 Reading the comments i think that ImLovinIt has been hard done by here, he's put some lovely tips on here and it looks like someone has gone out their way to attack his opinion. I think that when some of the other posters contribute some of their own tips they can be entitled to their opinion on other peoples.

Re: April 16 - April 22 Have to agree with TomDang above...No need for abuse,this is a quality thread with some brilliant tipsters.So ImLovinIt,keep up the excellent work :ok That goes to all that post on this thread: CzechPunter,Atko,Slider24,Alovenac,IAMGooner,Fishy,Homunculus & everyone else on here :clap

Re: April 16 - April 22 ImLovinIt is a good tipster and was hard done by earlier but in the grand scheme, humility and maturity goes along way too. This is tennis betting, there are no messiahs - although some of us occasionally do a good impression ;)singing when you're winning is not a good look either, these threads tend to be derailed when people start losing bets(not directed at any one person here, but there are examples in most tennis threads) - newsflash...bets can lose, you can make wrong picks...not everything is a conspiracy or an example of fixing. Let's get back to tipping, discussions and more importantly, winning.

Re: April 16 - April 22 Rui Machado to beat Jan Hajek Rome Challenger @1.83 PaddyPower(4/10) Machado(seeded 97) HTH vs Hajek(seeded 140) is 2-1(all on clay) in favour of Rui Machado.Last meeting was at the Poznan Challenger in July 2011 was a comfortable win for Machado 6-2 6-1.The Portugal man has had a slow start to 2012 but seems to be finding his form in this tournament.Hajek has probably been in the better form this year with a couple of semi-finals at Merknes & Mersin Challengers'.Machado is the better player of the two.I see a closer game then 9 months ago but see Machado winning this today