** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

April 16 - April 22

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: April 16 - April 22 Easy starter... Benneteau to beat the severely out of form, rusty Granollers @ 5/6 with Coral This guy granollers had a relatively good year you could I do suppose say last year, HOWEVER, this year, thus far, has been dogged by injuries and has hardly played and it has showed in his recent performances. He's lost to rosol and when I saw him in the Davis Cup doubles for Spain was absolutely, diabolically bloody awful. Benneteau meanwhile has had a solid year so far and with the French crowd behind him should prevail quite easily I feel. 9/10 in the confidence stakes. Nishikori to beat Ramos @ Evens with BetFred Ramos just lost in the Casablanca Open final to Andujar and he did so in rather miserable fashion ........ ! He was ridiculously nervous in the opening set and failed to capatalize on a break he got in the second. Probably down to the fact he's never won an ATP title. I expect him to be physically but also most importantly emotionally drained. Nishikori is a dude I'd fancy to outwit him on most surface courts anyway, but seeing as Nishi is well rested, I'd reserve this one as being pretty much a banker. 9/10 Confidence stakes. Paul Henri Matheiau to beat Donald Young 2-0 @ Evens with Ladbrokes Quite simple really, Youngs a disgrace atm, would probably lose to someone ranked outside the top 500 with the way he is playing. Matheaiu has too much class on clay and with the crowd on his side should thrash the stupid silly American. 8/10 Confidence stakes. Anderson vs Belluci - Over 21.5 games @ 9/10 with Panbet This line is ridiculously good. Belluci is far and away the better claycourt player but isn't as mentally tough as Anderson, Anderson possesses that brilliant serve and should push Belluci all the way in every set .. Whilst Anderson has still been in what you would call "okay form" in comparison to last year, he isn't in the same league as he was last year. Toomany double faults and too many unforced errors. I'd fancy Belluci but I can't trust him not to make a 5 course meal of getting the victory.

Re: April 16 - April 22 Hi guys, 1 pick for ATP MONTE CARLO: ISTOMIN-TOMIC: ISTOMIN OVER 12 GAMES @ 1.72 on pinnaclesports Istomin has been in good form lately. For Tomic it will be his first clay court match of the year and clay is his worst surface for sure (he has just won 1 match on clay in the past 3 years).

Re: April 16 - April 22 Tomic - Istomin Istomin the man who is in form, will facing Bernard Tomic here. The Youngster did only win one match on this surface and don't like it. Also this will be the first match this season for Tomic on clay. Istomin played a few matches on clay this year. Last week he losing against Igor Andreev in Casablanca with 76 36 26. But the Russian player showing a great perfomance during this tournament. This two players had facing eachother in Brisbane on hardcourt. Tomic won in straight sets. 2/10 Istomin tb. Tomic @ 1.86 Pinnacle

Re: April 16 - April 22 Dolgopolov - Chela Small pick here at the over. Chela loves this surface, probably he don't play good the last year. But it will be his surface. Dolgopolov lost last week in straight sets against Cipolla in Casablanca, but hey don't play terrible for his match match on clay (but it can better) and we know that he don't like this surface. I think this will be a close and long match. 1/10 Over 22.5 games @ 1.80 Bet365

Re: April 16 - April 22 Chela - Dolgopolov looks interesting today. Dolgo was terrible against Cipolla last week, and it was clear that the didn't switch well to the clay. I think today we can try to bet on Chela, who is good clay courter and if Ukrainian is still adapting to the surface, Chela can easily win that one. The odds are good, but reasonable stake here. Chela @2.00 bet365

Re: April 16 - April 22 Stepanek - Nieminen Radek Stepanek the number 23 of the ATP Tour ranking will be facing Nieminen (number 48 of the World Tour ranking). Radek Stepanek lead the clay H2H with 3-1 against Nieminen. But all matches are really close. Only i see Stepanek showing a good perfomance the last year. He will be motivated to win matches and he playing very well in the Davis Cup against Tipsarevic. For Nieminen it will be the first match on Clay. But he don't have a good season. Won 11 matches and lost 8, but i don't like how he play this year. I think this will be another victory for Stepanek on clay. 3/10 Stepanek tb. Nieminen @ 1.60 Pinnacle

Re: April 16 - April 22

@ImlovinIt Mathieu P-H 3-0 up! Great start lets hope he keeps it up!
Young seems to be from some sort of horror movie, good pick! You would reckon he could at least keep serve once or twice considering Mathieu ain't exactly in tip top shape and would rest a bit after consolidating the break. But the duck is incredibly bad, to lose 6-0 says it all

Dolgopolov - Chela Small pick here at the over. Chela loves this surface, probably he don't play good the last year. But it will be his surface. Dolgopolov lost last week in straight sets against Cipolla in Casablanca, but hey don't play terrible for his match match on clay (but it can better) and we know that he don't like this surface. I think this will be a close and long match. 1/10 Over 22.5 games @ 1.80 Bet365
Actually, Dolgo loves clay, and up to 2010 he played mostly on clay. Last year he won Umag (clay), so I would not dare to say that he does not love this surface :-) The problem with Dolgo is that you never know which part of him will show up in any particular tournament. If he is motivated, then he should kill the choker Chela easily, but is he? Last year he was horrible on clay swing until Nice (1 week before FO), and week ago was steamrolled by Chipolla 64 61, so if he is not, there will be unders as well. I do not expect any tight match here, and I go for the unders with a smaller stake Dolgo vs Chela under 22 games @2.01 Pinnacle 0.5 units

Actually, Dolgo loves clay, and up to 2010 he played mostly on clay. Last year he won Umag (clay), so I would not dare to say that he does not love this surface :-) The problem with Dolgo is that you never know which part of him will show up in any particular tournament. If he is motivated, then he should kill the choker Chela easily, but is he? Last year he was horrible on clay swing until Nice (1 week before FO), and week ago was steamrolled by Chipolla 64 61, so if he is not, there will be unders as well. I do not expect any tight match here, and I go for the unders with a smaller stake Dolgo vs Chela under 22 games @2.01 Pinnacle 0.5 units
I'm wrong there, excuse me! But you can agree, that Dolgo not is good in his first matches on clay. See last week, it's what you say. When he is not motivated, everyone can beat him.

Easy starter... Benneteau to beat the severely out of form, rusty Granollers @ 5/6 with Coral This guy granollers had a relatively good year you could I do suppose say last year, HOWEVER, this year, thus far, has been dogged by injuries and has hardly played and it has showed in his recent performances. He's lost to rosol and when I saw him in the Davis Cup doubles for Spain was absolutely, diabolically bloody awful. Benneteau meanwhile has had a solid year so far and with the French crowd behind him should prevail quite easily I feel. 9/10 in the confidence stakes. .
Don't know why, but there is something about that goof-ball Granollers that makes me wary to back against him. If he has one of those days then he can be a tough nut to crack. I would be fully on board if it wasn't for that Bellucci result he pulled off and the fact that Benneteau can lose to anyone on clay. Good luck with it anyway.

Re: April 16 - April 22 Raonic - Montanes Will go here for the little value in the bet. Raonic big serve, will be a great problem here for Montanes, who are playing dramatic last match. Montanes is back from a injury, but i think he will look forward to Roland Garros. Raonic can win this in 2 sets. 2/10 Raonic -1.5 set tb. Montanes @ 1.71 Pinnacle

Re: April 16 - April 22 [TABLE=class: team, width: 567]

[TR] [TD=class: tname-home face-enable, align: right]Golubev A. (Kaz)[/TD] [TD=class: current-result, align: center]-[/TD] [TD=class: tname-away face-enable, align: left]Cecchinato M. (Ita) 2 4.50 odds[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Raonic - Montanes Will go here for the little value in the bet. Raonic big serve, will be a great problem here for Montanes, who are playing dramatic last match. Montanes is back from a injury, but i think he will look forward to Roland Garros. Raonic can win this in 2 sets. 2/10 Raonic -1.5 set tb. Montanes @ 1.71 Pinnacle
Don't forget that Raonic has not played a match since his 2-0 win over Clement due to an injury. Also, Montanes has allready played a match on gravel. Fyi, he lost 3-6 3-6 against Andreev.

Dolgo vs Chela under 22 games @2.01 Pinnacle 0.5 units WIN
Looks like Dolgo is in much better shape here than he was last week. I wonder whether the fact that he dropped his "Marocco hair style" is the cause :-) +0.50 flat u for the week +6.02 flat u for the season

Easy starter... Benneteau to beat the severely out of form, rusty Granollers @ 5/6 with Coral This guy granollers had a relatively good year you could I do suppose say last year, HOWEVER, this year, thus far, has been dogged by injuries and has hardly played and it has showed in his recent performances. He's lost to rosol and when I saw him in the Davis Cup doubles for Spain was absolutely, diabolically bloody awful. Benneteau meanwhile has had a solid year so far and with the French crowd behind him should prevail quite easily I feel. 9/10 in the confidence stakes. Paul Henri Matheiau to beat Donald Young 2-0 @ Evens with Ladbrokes Quite simple really, Youngs a disgrace atm, would probably lose to someone ranked outside the top 500 with the way he is playing. Matheaiu has too much class on clay and with the crowd on his side should thrash the stupid silly American. 8/10 Confidence stakes.
Thanks for the selections 'ImLovinIt' :clap

Re: April 16 - April 22 No worries lads, I've been studying tennis relatively well since the new year and I feel I have the gist for most player's psyche. I anticipate I'll have a good French Open too, I generally tend to excel on the clay. Bring on the other tipsters, Atko, Alovec, CzechPunter and co.

Re: April 16 - April 22 Kukushkin to beat Forian in awful diabolical form Mayer @ 6/5 with StanJames Kukushkin is back and he shall be back with a bang, I fancy him to go a long way in this tournament, the dude is not one to be messed with when he is on song. When he had his return from injury, his results didn't look all that too much impressive, however as time has passed on he has improved. His first match back since from injury ended in a straights set loss against Dimitrov ... his match ended in a straight set win against Dimitrov. This guy's a hustler baby and he'll just want the stupid, erratic and clumsy, wonky like fool Florian Mayer to know. 8/10

Re: April 16 - April 22 Monaco - Haase : Monaco to win 2-0 sets @ 1.75 (Unibet) (7/10) These odds are insane. Monaco feels at home on the red clay. Just came back from a win in Houston. Monaco knows to play the court with good foot-movement and knows how to grind the win out. On the other hand we have Lolbin Haase, this guy has been pretty miserable this year. 1 match on gravel so far in Casablanca. A complete joke loss to the (at that time) 748 of the world, 3-6 2-6. Recent results also include losing to Phau and Andujar (on hardcourt) And he wasn't really convincing in Davis Cup aswell. Only thing I see happening is Monaco losing to due effects of the Houston win. But there must be a chance him retiring instead, voiding the bet. But at these odds and these conditions I cannot ignore this bet.

Re: April 16 - April 22 Got quite a dossier of bets on tomorrow. Hoping for some success a la ImLovinIt Kevin Anderson +2.5 games v Thomaz Bellucci @ 1.94 with Panbet Anderson's turning into a mini-Isner, with his big serve, ability to win tie-breaks and general stickability. I'm not sure clay gets the best out of him but I think he'll run Bellucci really close and could well beat him. Bellucci's at his most comfortably on the red brick, but rarely does he make life easy for himself. Didn't really impress on the South American clay swing, losing to Delbonis and Granollers in R1 of events. That's not clever form, and it's mainly down to his erratic nature. Anderson, by contrast, has had a good year. Won in Delray Beach and was plucky on the clay in Houston last week, making the quarter-finals. I think he can be very competitive here. He beat Bellucci on a hard court two years ago in their only meeting .... Robin Haase +4.5 games v Juan Monaco @ 2.04 with Panbet Think this one through. Monaco won late on Sunday night in Houston European time. He then has to fly over to France, probably on Monday morning, get to Monte Carlo and then play the next day. Pico is a plucky sort but this is a big ask. He might beat Haase, simply because the Dutchman was sooooo bad in Casablanca last week, but I think, all things considered, this handicap is miles too big because of the potential fatigue involved. Haase's form is ropey but he's a talented boy, and clay is his best surface. Strong odds for the line. Monaco leads H2H 2-1 but Haase beat him in Australia last year. I know Haase's been rotten, but he's got a chance here against a 50% Monaco. Kei Nishikori to beat Albert Ramos @ 1.90 with Panbet A few salient points here. Nishikori is the more talented player. Ramos is a pusher. An effective pusher, who is awkward with his loopy lefty play, but that's his game. No real weapons apart from guts and determination. He's just come off losing the Casablanca final and my guess is that he'll be a little tired and a little deflated. Nishikori can play on all surfaces and has the greater depth of shots. He's got more in his locker. Ramos' year is good, and he's a scrapper, but I feel this test comes at the wrong time for him. The little Japanese ought to be too strong. Andy Murray -5.5 games v Viktor Troicki @ 1.98 with Panbet Just got a wee feeling Andy might blow Vik away. Troicki may have beaten Lisnard but that doesn't disguise the Serb's god awful year so far. He's not repeated the form of 2011. His serve is choppy, his groundies slappy and his mental state looks fragile. Murray's going to get a lot of balls in play. He's underrated on clay. Moves well, was brought up on this surface in Barcelona and actually has a decent record at Roland Garros. He last met Troicki in Paris when he came back from two sets down to beat him in the quarters. Vik's the sort of man who will carry those scars. Apart from that match, Murray has covered the line every time against the Serb, often on his favoured surface. Clay isn't really Troicki's bag, his serve doesn't get enough action. If Murray wants to - and he's been practising hard in Barcelona - he could do some damage in this one. Andreas Seppi +2 games AH v Victor Hanescu @ 1.98 with Panbet I'd take this offer all day long on Seppi against someone like Hanescu. Neither man will win prizes for the mental strength but for me, Seppi has more ability. Lovely groundies and when he's on form, he's a handful. Trick is trying to catch him on one of those good days (like many Italians) but reckon this could be the time to do it. Hanescu's level has dropped in the last two years, really since his spitting incident at Wimbledon. He's a wholly untrustable player. I'd make Seppi the favourite for this. Mikhail Youzhny -3 games AH v Frederico Gil @ 1.94 with Panbet Can only assume the line is this low because Mischa has been out with injury for a month. There's a massive gulf in ability between these two. Youzhny is more consistent, more powerful and far more dangerous than Gil, who is your archetypal dirt rat. He's battle all day long but he's let down by a weak serve in terms of speed and a lack of weapons. Only fear is that the Russian is a little rusty but three games isn't a lot to cover. He'll work his way into this match. I'll kick myself if I don't take this because it screams value. Got to have it. :hope

Re: April 16 - April 22 Andujar - Del Bonis Andujar is the men in form. Winning last week ATP Casablanca and playing very good. He showing a good perfomance in the most matches. And he will lead the H2H against Del Bonis with 3-0, all the matches on clay. Del Bonis the number 144th on the ATP World Ranking loves to play on clay. But everyone know that he had not enough quality to beat Andujar here. I think he will not cover the handicap here. 3/10 Andujar -3 games @ 1.88 Pinnacle