UEFA Europa League > Thursday 5 April

[TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Thursday 5 April 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Athletic Bilbao v FC Schalke 04 (20:05 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.87 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.9 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.45 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.59 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Hannover 96 v Atlético Madrid (20:05 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.32 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.13 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Metalist Kharkiv v Sporting CP (20:05 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.1 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.40 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Valencia v AZ Alkmaar (20:05 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 8 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.17 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 5 April Hannover - Atlético Madrid Two teams in good form on offense. Hannover just beat Monchengladbach in Bundesliga, knocked down Köln and went close to draw at Munich against Bayern. They are scoring goals with some facility. Atletico strong point is the offense. Falcao, Adrián and Diego are key players, the brazilian assisting and Falcao scoring goals. Right back Juanfran (who is playing amazingly good in his new role), captain Gabi and winger Arda Turan will not play. Turan substitute Salvio is playing solid, I think Juanfran absence is more important. Perea is a quick defender, but he has serious problems with the ball in his feet and he has some lack of concentration. Maybe i'm going on over 3 goals, but I have to decide. Valencia vs. AZ Alkmaar Valencia is clearly favourite to win, but if the Dutch side manage to score a goal, the crowd would be against his own team (yes, I Know you will not understand, but in Valencia the environment is special), and they would be nervious. Unay Emery is set to leave at the end of the season, and they had some internal disciplinary problems, por example with Rami or Miguel. The portuguese full back will be available. Valencia price @1,50 to win the game seems short, altough AZ isn't on his best form, the dutch side can score a goal and would put problems on the local side. I would go on AZ Alkmaaar +1,25 @ Bet365 (1.875).

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 29 March Athletic Bilbao v Schalke 04 Athletic Bilbao seems to be in huge advantage to win the Europa League title in this season despite that there are many other good teams like Atletico Madrid and Valencia that are almost in the same level as them. Athletic Bilbao is doing very well in Europa League to eliminate in the previous round a powerful side like Manchester United despite that the English side didn't play at their best still Athletic Bilbao did very well to beat them at home and in transfer with the same result 2-1 in both matches. In this situation i believe that Athletic Bilbao does have many quality and talented players in their squad like Fernando Llorente, Iker Muniain, Markel Susaeta and Javi Martinez that are enough to win this match in a comfortable way so ill take Athletic Bilbao to win this return leg without any difficult. Source and stats: ESPN, TFB

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 5 April Metalist vs Sporting Lisbon = 1 (2.10) stake 5/10 Preview: Metalist: injured: Fininho (Defender 14/2); Suspended: Papa Gueye (Defender 20/0), Marco Torsiglieri (defender 3/1), Cleiton Xavier (midfielder 22/9). Sporting Lisbon: Suspended: Daniel Carriço (defender 15/1); Injured: Onyewu (defender 14/4), Rodriguez (defender 7/0), Pereirinha (midfielder 8/0), Rinaudo (midfielder 10/0), Jeffren (midfielder 8/3). The first leg ended with a score of 2-1 to Sporting Lisbon. The Metalist landed for the first time to the quarter-finals of the UEFA Champions League semi-final should be able to aspire to win, even 1-0 would be enough to overturn the deficit. Coach Myron Markevich said that his players must play the football that they prefer the offensive trying to avoid conceding a goal. An offensive department who scored 26 goals so far in the tournament. The same coach hopes his players do a performance with the necessary determination to bring to its goal of qualifying for the semifinals. :hope

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 5 April Bilbao is ready to win Europe League. Athletic is now more confident. They are not play good in Primera (They lost against Barcelona 2:0 at Nou Camp) and they have a little chance to be in the first six teams, but they will take place in the final Copa del Rey against Barca. Against Barcelona this weekend, Marcelo Bielsa has rested Llorente, Muniain, Amorebieu and it shows how important is their rematch against Schalke. They are in the Europa League matches played 6 times with more than 3 goals. Schalke has to attack from the 1st minute and we know how Athletic punished Schalke with counter attacks in the 1st leg. My prediction: over 2.5 goals Good luck!

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 5 April

Valencia vs. AZ Alkmaar Valencia is clearly favourite to win, but if the Dutch side manage to score a goal, the crowd would be against his own team (yes, I Know you will not understand, but in Valencia the environment is special), and they would be nervious. Unay Emery is set to leave at the end of the season, and they had some internal disciplinary problems, por example with Rami or Miguel. The portuguese full back will be available. Valencia price @1,50 to win the game seems short, altough AZ isn't on his best form, the dutch side can score a goal and would put problems on the local side. I would go on AZ Alkmaaar +1,25 @ Bet365 (1.875).
Exactly, the Dutch have a chance from counter attack to make a good result tonight. And counter attack works great in this young team. They've important Beerens fit again (no important missings). Valencia will threaten with great Soldado, but they are in bad shape currently and if don't score in the first 20 minutes, it will be a problem for them. Valencia also have important match against Real on Sunday, while AZ rest this weekend. All in all, I expect an uncertain game but happy the Dutch in the end. AZ Alkmaar to progress @2.50 Stan James 2/10 PS it's good to see someone from Spain here ;)

Valencia vs. AZ Alkmaar Valencia is clearly favourite to win, but if the Dutch side manage to score a goal, the crowd would be against his own team (yes, I Know you will not understand, but in Valencia the environment is special), and they would be nervious. Unay Emery is set to leave at the end of the season, and they had some internal disciplinary problems, por example with Rami or Miguel. The portuguese full back will be available. Valencia price @1,50 to win the game seems short, altough AZ isn't on his best form, the dutch side can score a goal and would put problems on the local side. I would go on AZ Alkmaaar +1,25 @ Bet365 (1.875).
Valencia's form at the moment is terrible, having just lost to Getafe away from home, and the week after (after losing to Alkmaar) drawing to local rivals Levante. If they lose tonight, it is believed that Emery might just be fired. In fact, that draw they had with Levante was their first point since a victory over Bilbao 18/03. That being said, despite their poor form, they haven't failed to score at home since mid January, and that was the only game all season in which they haven't scored. All they need is one goal in this match and a clean sheet. I doubt they will keep a clean sheet, but they will very likely get a goal or two. After their 1-1 draw in Holland with PSV, they went on to win 4-2 despite indifferent league form. AZ haven't failed to score away from home since mid February. Tonight Valencia should win, but the value here would surely be for both teams to score @ 1.81 Betfair (3/10)

Exactly, the Dutch have a chance from counter attack to make a good result tonight. And counter attack works great in this young team. They've important Beerens fit again (no important missings). Valencia will threaten with great Soldado, but they are in bad shape currently and if don't score in the first 20 minutes, it will be a problem for them. Valencia also have important match against Real on Sunday, while AZ rest this weekend. All in all, I expect an uncertain game but happy the Dutch in the end. AZ Alkmaar to progress @2.50 Stan James 2/10 PS it's good to see someone from Spain here ;)
I really agree with you. In my eyes AZ plays the best football of our Eredivsie league, and tonight they are going to give everything what they have. With Beerens back I can see them hurting Valencia with counter attacks and progress.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 5 April Valencia vs AZ Alkmaar (agg 1 - 2) Though holding a first leg deficit, Valencia will still be favourites to progress and no doubt have the stronger squad. Pressure is building on the Valencia boss, with only 1 win in 7 games. Though this is only the Europa league, Valencia will see this European trophy they have a good chance of winning. Nothing but a win here will given them hope, and Soldado will need to improve from his first leg performance and put balls away. Valencia do score goals at the Mestalla, and have managed to score in nearly every game they played here except one this season. The away goal Valencia have also means that AZ will feel they need to really push the chances they create to score, as I cannot see them holding Valencia to a 0 - 0 draw after 90 minutes, and even a 1 - 0 win for the home side will suffice. Despite all this, the odds for the overs market simply isn't good enough for me to back. Valencia have not found form and their main man Soldado doesn't seem to be playing with the enthusiasm I saw in his call-up from the Spanish side, in which he scored a bag of goals. I am expecting a rather poor quality scrappy game. Under 2.5 7/5 Bet365 2/10

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 5 April Athletic vs Schalke. Over 3 goals. 1.88 @ Pinnacle 7pts Schalke made a mess of the first leg, being 2-1 up with 17 minutes to go and conceding 3 goals. Hard to see the Germans overturning this deficit as Bilbao is very tough place to go. Even Barcelona failed to win there this season. I think Schalke will try to have a go in early stages of the mach and see what happens. The thing about Schalke is that they are very good going forward but are utter crap when defending. I see quite a few goals scored today as it's most of the time the case when Schalke are involved, especially away from home. Pick overs here!

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 5 April Metalist vs Sporting Time of last goal- after 72 minutes @ 1.91 (Paddy Power) With this game delicately poised, and the two sides quite equal in terms of quality, we should see a close game here. Considering Metalist have 1 away goal, unless the scoreline is 2-1, as we approach the end of the game one side will need to attack. This will open up spaces at the other end. So I think it is very likely we will see a late goal here. Even if the score is 2-1 there is a good chance of a goal. Metalist are an attacking side and have some good offensive players. This looks to be a good value bet. A similar bet is over 74 minutes @ 1.98 with Betvictor, but I am banned from them. Have also gone for the Bilbao win @ 1.83. I've been impressed by them in the cups this season, and as their league campaign has faltered I think their attention will be on putting in a good display here, and winning on the night, even though they don't have to. Their fans will be noisy and I expect them to play a big part. Schalke have more to play for domestically and the need a miracle here so they might not be as committed. Also them having to go forward will leave spaces for Atletic, and they are lethal on the counter attack as we've seen. 1 pt on both bets.

Metalist vs Sporting Time of last goal- after 72 minutes @ 1.91 (Paddy Power) With this game delicately poised, and the two sides quite equal in terms of quality, we should see a close game here. Considering Metalist have 1 away goal, unless the scoreline is 2-1, as we approach the end of the game one side will need to attack. This will open up spaces at the other end. So I think it is very likely we will see a late goal here. Even if the score is 2-1 there is a good chance of a goal. Metalist are an attacking side and have some good offensive players. This looks to be a good value bet. A similar bet is over 74 minutes @ 1.98 with Betvictor, but I am banned from them. Have also gone for the Bilbao win @ 1.83. I've been impressed by them in the cups this season, and as their league campaign has faltered I think their attention will be on putting in a good display here, and winning on the night, even though they don't have to. Their fans will be noisy and I expect them to play a big part. Schalke have more to play for domestically and the need a miracle here so they might not be as committed. Also them having to go forward will leave spaces for Atletic, and they are lethal on the counter attack as we've seen. 1 pt on both bets.
I'm thinking along the same lines with regards to the Metalist game, but I'm looking at Over 2.5 Goals, available at 2.08 with Betfair. Looking at Metalist's recent fixtures, both domestically and in the Europa League, they are a team who score and concede rather often. Both teams have scored in eight of Metalist's last 11 home games in all competitions, with seven of those going over 2.5 goals, and six over 2.5 goals. Sporting have won just twice in their last 14 away from home, stretching back to the start of November, with both teams scoring in six of those games, and Sporting keeping clean sheets in just two. We seen in the last leg that Sporting can score goals away from home, and I think with Metalist needing to score to progress we'll see plenty of space for Sporting to exploit on the break. Metalist certainly have lots of good attacking players, and I'm expecting a very open game here with lots of chances, and hopefully lots of goals. Over 2.5 Goals - 2.08 [betfair] - 6/10 Over 3.5 Goals - 3.70 [betfair] - 2/10

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 5 April I think this game will be an open game. Schalke must score at least three goals so they'll attack from the beginning. In Bundesliga the'yre safe for CL next season. Bilbao has nothing to play in Liga except the cup. Two offensive teams, I see at least 3 goals tonight. Over 2,75 @ 1.66 - 5U

Valencia vs AZ Alkmaar (agg 1 - 2) Though holding a first leg deficit, Valencia will still be favourites to progress and no doubt have the stronger squad. Pressure is building on the Valencia boss, with only 1 win in 7 games. Though this is only the Europa league, Valencia will see this European trophy they have a good chance of winning. Nothing but a win here will given them hope, and Soldado will need to improve from his first leg performance and put balls away. Valencia do score goals at the Mestalla, and have managed to score in nearly every game they played here except one this season. The away goal Valencia have also means that AZ will feel they need to really push the chances they create to score, as I cannot see them holding Valencia to a 0 - 0 draw after 90 minutes, and even a 1 - 0 win for the home side will suffice. Despite all this, the odds for the overs market simply isn't good enough for me to back. Valencia have not found form and their main man Soldado doesn't seem to be playing with the enthusiasm I saw in his call-up from the Spanish side, in which he scored a bag of goals. I am expecting a rather poor quality scrappy game. Under 2.5 7/5 Bet365 2/10
3 - 0 and the match isnt finished. Always frustrating when you wanted to back overs but had to go for the other because it was too short (hence value on its counterpart. -2 units

Exactly, the Dutch have a chance from counter attack to make a good result tonight. And counter attack works great in this young team. They've important Beerens fit again (no important missings). Valencia will threaten with great Soldado, but they are in bad shape currently and if don't score in the first 20 minutes, it will be a problem for them. Valencia also have important match against Real on Sunday, while AZ rest this weekend. All in all, I expect an uncertain game but happy the Dutch in the end. AZ Alkmaar to progress @2.50 Stan James 2/10 :( PS it's good to see someone from Spain here ;)
4:0 and 2:0 17'

Hannover - Atlético Madrid Two teams in good form on offense. Hannover just beat Monchengladbach in Bundesliga, knocked down Köln and went close to draw at Munich against Bayern. They are scoring goals with some facility. Atletico strong point is the offense. Falcao, Adrián and Diego are key players, the brazilian assisting and Falcao scoring goals. Right back Juanfran (who is playing amazingly good in his new role), captain Gabi and winger Arda Turan will not play. Turan substitute Salvio is playing solid, I think Juanfran absence is more important. Perea is a quick defender, but he has serious problems with the ball in his feet and he has some lack of concentration. Maybe i'm going on over 3 goals, but I have to decide. Valencia vs. AZ Alkmaar Valencia is clearly favourite to win, but if the Dutch side manage to score a goal, the crowd would be against his own team (yes, I Know you will not understand, but in Valencia the environment is special), and they would be nervious. Unay Emery is set to leave at the end of the season, and they had some internal disciplinary problems, por example with Rami or Miguel. The portuguese full back will be available. Valencia price @1,50 to win the game seems short, altough AZ isn't on his best form, the dutch side can score a goal and would put problems on the local side. I would go on AZ Alkmaaar +1,25 @ Bet365 (1.875).
AZ lost 4-0. Altough Soldado didn't score, seems that AZ were disappointing. Over 3 goals in Hannover was void.