** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

My forum clock is an hour behind

Re: My forum clock is an hour behind I suppose it should have changed itself; however, untill it's fixed, go to Settings (top right of the page) - General Settings (under My Account section in left vertical menu), and set "DST Correction Option" to "Always On". If you subsequently notice that hour is 1 h ahead, that means server time has been adjusted, so go back to that option and set it to "Automatically detect"; otherwise, if server time is not adjusted, leave it that way untill October, and then turn it off. That's how I solved it; maybe someone else has better idea? :unsure

Re: My forum clock is an hour behind

I suppose it should have changed itself; however, untill it's fixed, go to Settings (top right of the page) - General Settings (under My Account section in left vertical menu), and set "DST Correction Option" to "Always On". If you subsequently notice that hour is 1 h ahead, that means server time has been adjusted, so go back to that option and set it to "Automatically detect"; otherwise, if server time is not adjusted, leave it that way untill October, and then turn it off. That's how I solved it; maybe someone else has better idea? :unsure
Thanks, that worked :)

Re: My forum clock is an hour behind I think the option to automatically detect DST isn't working (at least not for me). My time is set to GMT, but with automatic detect switched on I assume it should realise that we're now on BST and make the adjustment automatically? For some reason, it's not doing this and the time is only right when I log out. Not a big deal obviously, as I can change it to BST myself. :ok

Re: My forum clock is an hour behind Testing to see what time it shows now.... Yep, still an hour out for me. I agree with Western Skies. Pretty sure it was showing correct time for me before you changed it. :unsure Anyway, will adjust in settings panel.

Re: My forum clock is an hour behind

What settings people have in their own user panel is their own business. ;)
My Control Panel shows "(GMT) ... London" selected along with the option "Automatically detect DST settings". My forum times are 1 hour out. What should my control panel settings be? :unsure Do I have to pretend to the forum that I'm in Paris?

Re: My forum clock is an hour behind I tried changing my settings, then changing them back, logging off and relogging on, but its still the same :unsure I imagine it would work if I manually changed the DST settings every 6 months as H suggested, but that cant really be the right solution can it? It will work, but not for, what I imagine is a not insignificant number of users, who are impacted but dont change it manually every 6 months. I hope there's no objection - I'll put a poll in GC to try and gauge how widespread the problem is and if it really is just a very small number of us, or more widespread. If Paul/the mods dont want the poll up there for any reason, feel free to remove the thread I create :ok

Re: My forum clock is an hour behind I'm not sure what you mean Paul - I can "fudge it" so that I get the correct time now, but not with the correct settings and not with something that will be right when the clocks change again in 6 months time. And putting in settings on my profile that "fudge it" wont give the right time to everyone on PL seeing the wrong time who isn't "red and bold" Anyway - password on the way :ok