BBOTD Saturday 24th of March

*Myplacelater - Lingfield 3:25* Having its debut for Fahey tomorrow in this high class race. Hanagan is in superb form in the saddle. Record over 1m 2f is 3 wins from 8 attempts, has run in high class races, and after a nice 183 day break should be ready and primed for this. *1 Point WIN @ 11/1 Paddy Power BOG*

Re: BBOTD Saturday 24th of March 1550 bangor 1 pt win railway dillon 4/1 pp 3rd in a lively handicap last time out and a winner on 2 previous races, dropped back 2 furlongs in this smaller race. jason maguire takes the ride

Re: BBOTD Saturday 24th of March

4.00 Lingfield Really good looking handicap despite the smallish field for the prize money. Axiom isnt easy to win with these days and this might just be a warm up for another crack at the Lincoln in which he ran 4th in last year when fresh. Reve De Nuit is passed over given this is on polytrack and all his form on the AW has come at Southwell. Final Drive was a revelation last AW season before perhaps going over the top in Dubai, failed to land a blow from lengthy absence last time out should come on for the run but clearly needs a career best now. Hung Parliament was disappointing when landing on these sures and has something to prove now. Dubai Dynamo isnt that well handicapped but did run a promising race over an inadequate trip on seasonal reappearance, but probably does need some help from the handicap at present. Titan Triumph won last time out just getting the better of Dozy Joe who has since let the form down big time, effectively 4lb out of the handicap here whichmakes it tougher but useful apprentice does take 5lb off which will help but does tend need everything to fall apart in his lap. Kingscroft like most of Johnstons runners was ready for for his reappearance so there is unlikely to be more to come on the fitness front but he ran a game race and a 2lb rise is fair, and although that was over further and has won over this trip all his best form has come over slightly shorter and based on winning form requires a career best effort. George Guru carries an even more impressive profile raced solely on the all weather, with 9 runs 2 wins and 4 placed efforts, unlucky to bump into an improving sort on reappearance at Kempton before beating a subsequent winner next time out and only finding another unexposed improving sort too good last time with 3rd True To Form winning next time out that form looks rock solid and just a 1lb rise leaves him looking very well treated and should again go one better. 1pt win George Guru 9/4 vc

Re: BBOTD Saturday 24th of March 2:40 Newbury: Florafern 1pt win 11/1 Betfred Oliver Sherwood has done well in this race in the past and there is a chance Florafern has been campaigned with this final in mind. Her form has been solid and last time out she beat Wishes and Stars, who reopposes today, comfortably at Exeter. Although a pound out of the handicap Florafern should go well and this extra distance is likely to be in her favour on her first venture in to handicap company.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 24th of March 2.55 lingfield Borderlescott - my favourite horse, ever. He won for me on a visit to York in 2006 and got me hooked into the sport. He won the Stewards Cup that same year, has won two Nunthorpe's since as well as winning at Goodwood the year before last. He was injured last year and although his ten year old legs are vulnerable to younger ones I'd like to see him run a race tomorrow under Ryan Moore. Go on the old boy. 4/1 William Hill, 1 pt win

Re: BBOTD Saturday 24th of March 3.40 Newbury - 1pt win Pearlysteps @ 10/1 (Ladbrokes) As a supporter of this horse, I have to take a gamble that his effort last time was merely a one-off, and if it was, 10/1 is too big for this talented staying chaser. He never went with any enthusiasm last time, jumping very sloppily in the rear, and his race was over before it had really started. It isn't something he's used to doing, as he usually jumps boldly from the front, and a return to that sort of form would see him go well here. The ground may not be quite as soft as he relishes, but he'd be much shorter had he not run last time, and I will simply ignore that effort. He ran a cracker in January 2011 at Cheltenham despite several jumping blemishes when not beaten far by The Giant Bolster and on his seasonal return this season he didn't deserve to fall at the last when putting in a brave performance from the front on very heavy ground. Similarly ran well when second over the same 3m at Haydock next time behind an in-form According To Pete (decent 2nd since) with the thriving Consigliere in 3rd. On that effort off 140, he must have a fair chance off just 1lb higher with Jake Greenall taking 5lbs off that he didn't get on that occasion. The Henry Daly yard - which are in form - opt for the cheekpieces today in order to get him focused on his job, and hopefully he can go with more purpose here. He'll definitely stay, and I just hope he doesn't get outpaced on the ground. The extra 2f will hopefully counterbalance that, and hopefully he bounces back.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 24th of March Been filling my boots most of the week with this one and also stuck up a wee post in the Anti post thread so am happy in making it my BBOTD bet. Always been a big Richard Hannon fan and his runner in the winter derby has been a bit of a weekly gamble, he was showing 12/1 and 10/1 long before today so someone must know something, time will tell if the money was confident betting cash but his winter derby runner must have a great chance. He will be ridden today under Jamie Spencer and no doubt he will have been given VERY clear instructions on how things should pan out. When Richard Hughes won on him back on 15th April he went from last to first and showed a nice turn of foot, but he was placed a few times after that, but back on Sep 7th 2011 at Doncaster Richard Hughes got yet another good tune out him and if you ask me they won with a bit in hand, touch cheeky. Sure he's never won a class 1 before from his 11 starts but if he turns up a fresh fit horse and Mr Hannon has him ready he surely must be in the shake up just when it matters. You could make a point for a good few of them but it looks like Jamie Spencer has been hand picked for the ride, and in my book even though am not a fan of Jamie Spencer i could come to like him after race 4' on the card at Lingfield, but i'll still not be sending him a Christmas card as i still have some open wounds with this jockey. Lingfield Park 3:25 - CAI SHEN. 1pt Win bet @ 5/1 Hills & Ladbrokes BOG. Have a nice weekend Troops, Now fall out !

Re: BBOTD Saturday 24th of March

*Myplacelater - Lingfield 3:25* Having its debut for Fahey tomorrow in this high class race. Hanagan is in superb form in the saddle. Record over 1m 2f is 3 wins from 8 attempts, has run in high class races, and after a nice 183 day break should be ready and primed for this. *1 Point WIN @ 11/1 Paddy Power BOG*
Your on the wrong horse, Yaaaaaaaaaaaaa Spencer Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ! He who dares my son, He who dares. lmao. Good luck any-who.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 24th of March 2.40 newbury LADY KATHLEEN @ 16/1 BOG BOYLESPORTS Unexposed type that has already won over this distance, would have added to her success but for a fall at the last on her previous run. Todays mark of 118 gives her a chance and if her jumping is up to scratch could cause a shock at a big price. Drying ground will aid her chances.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 24th of March 3.25 Lingfield - Junoob - The winner of this race looks likely to come from the market principals, and Junoob is vying for favouritism with Cai Shen, Premio Loco and Soorah. His form at Lingfield is 12141 (three course wins from five runs here). He has won at this level when he won The Winter Derby Trails Stakes last time out. He has class, going, distance and course conditions to suit to run well again today. Historically the winner of this race has been officially rated 100+ (with one exception rated 84). Junoob is only rated 95 in the Racing Post today, but his win in listed class last time out indicates his rating should be 100+ (in my opinion). Trainer has 6 wins and 5 place from his last 20 for an L.S.P. of +13.17pts, 4 wins and 7 places from 20 here at Lingfield (L.S.P. -9.81pts). Trainer/jockey combo is 7 wins and 4 place from 20 (L.S.P. +14.47pts) and 5 wins and 7 places from 20 here at Lingfield (L.S.P. +29.44pts). 3.25 Lingfield: Junoob - 1pt win 6/1 Boylesports (BOG)

Re: BBOTD Saturday 24th of March 4.05 Kelso With the Smith stable absolutely on fire at the moment I am giving Highrate a real chance here. Down a little in the weights since his last good run here where he just ran out of steam in the last furlong or so. This drop in trip will therefore help and as he is still very lightly raced he should still have improvement in him. Young jockey has been riding really well for the stable and this is his only ride today. Must go close. 1 Pt win 11/2 Hills

Re: BBOTD Saturday 24th of March Although second string on jockey bookings, and pretty unfancied in the market, NIGHT ROSE (14:40) is probably better than a mark of 118 and has a chance if she proves her effort at Wincanton was all wrong, which is quite plausibly considering the ground that day was “like glue” and might not have suited at all. Today’s better ground could bring about some improvement and she’s been completely forgotten about in this contest and she’s more than capable of running a big race. She’s only won once which doesn’t tell the full story, having looked a likely winner before coming down at Taunton in January. That sole victory came on her penultimate start at around this trip at Huntingdon and she did it quite well, from a horse who is now rated 124. Other pieces of her form suggest she’s been let in quite lightly by the handicapper, such as a creditable effort behind Golden Gael in November (that winner subsequently won a Listed Race, albeit a poor one). She’s been abandoned by Robert Thornton today but Wayne Hutchinson is a more than able deputy. Even though it’s a very tough race, I think Night Rose should have been allotted a mark of 122 or so, and she’s still more than capable of improvement off her actual rating. She looked to be going the right way prior to that Wincanton run on the sticky ground, and if she’s over that, then she has a fair chance. This is her trip, has probably been the plan for a while and looks capable of running to about 130 in time. Perhaps I’m completely wrong and even if I’m right, it might not be good enough for her to win but she looks a completely insane price at present and is well worth an investment, even accounting for a poor couple of weeks for the Alan King yard. 14:40 Newbury – Night Rose; 2pts @ 33/1 Bet365, Ladbrokes (bog)

Re: BBOTD Saturday 24th of March G3.05 Cavite Beta 0.5pt E/W 14/1 Bet365 This is a really competitive handicap hurdle but there's plenty to like about the selection. It's the only c&d winner in the field, it's lightly raced and it has already won off a mark higher than todays. The trainers last 2 runners have also won and he has a good record at the track. That win over c&d was particularly impressive given that the saddle slipped and that form certainly looks good enough to be in the shake up here.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 24th of March « 3:05 » Gowran Park (IRE) SAT 24 MAR 2012 WWW.GOWRANPARK.IE HANDICAP HURDLE (4yo+ 81-130) Winner €10,005 Soft To Heavy 2m4f Number of runners: 18 OWENNACURRA MILAN 1pt win @ 11/2 bog (Paddy Power and may more) Owennacurra Milan is a 7yo son of Milan trained by Miss Mary Louise Hallahan. He started his career almost two years ago with a couple of poor efforts in Maiden Hurdles but won first time out in the handicap sphere at Cork (Dec 2010) off 91. After that win he struggled a bit to find his way but he finally came to his best this winter. He made his come back after a summer long break (almost 7 months off) with a good second in a 2m Handicap (off 96) at Wexford and that was the first time Robbie Jones was in his saddle. One month later Owennacurra Milan confirmed that good effort with a third at Limerick over 2m2f off 98 (Jones again in the saddle) and another little improvement was shown over 2m6f at Thurles (off 99) last month when second behind the highly rated Immediate Response (a 9yo trained by Willie Mullins who completed his hattrick of victories winning next time out too even if penalized 20lb for that win ahead of Owennacurra Milan). Next time out with Miss Katie Walsh in the saddle Owennacurra Milan was well backed and sent off favourite (9/4) running off a mark of 102 in 2m Handicap at Thurles and he easily won (way easier than the winning margin would suggest). That easy win was repeated 9 days later (10 Mar 2012) over today's C&D when Robbie Jones came back on board and drove his raider with a perfect patient ride moving Owennacurra Milan from the rear only in the last stage of the race to fly home in the last couple of furlongs. A very confident ride for a horse who defied his mark of 109 with ease showing there is still plenty to come and so I expect another very good display today even off 119 in a race with plenty of front runners that should suit this held-up horse. The main rivals are the Willie Mullins-trained Scholars Mate who comes back after a 868-day lay-off and had another similar (almost 23 months then) lay-off before his last two runs that have seen this chestnut winning off marks of 108 and 116. He races today again off his last winning mark and of course he could be anything but he is an 11yo horse who has had plenty of problems of course and even if presented by the best Irish yard I'd rather watch him today and it hasn't seemed to make a special appeal in the betting market so far. The other contender is Oscar Hill, a Gordon Elliott-trained 6yo who has surely more improvements in him and destroyed a poor field last time out winning by 31L at Down Royal with his classic front-running performance. The horse won also at Musselburgh in his third last start but in between his two wins he finished 3rd behind Owennacurra Milan at Thurles and since Owennacurra Milan improved a lot facing tougher opponents since that race and this race seems with plenty of front-runners there are plenty of doubts about him being able to reverse that form with my selection today. There are of course 15 more runners and few of them are either in good form (Ghareer was second over C&D last time out but that was a way weaker race imho and Jim Will Fix It has never been out of the first 3 in the last outs and has Davy Russell on board) or have had good performances in the past (Cavite Beta made all to win over C&D last September) or have been better chasing (Ad Idem has plenty of higher level performances over fences) but all in all they should have smaller rooms for improvements compared to such a progressive and talented horse and so I'm happy to support Owennacurra Milan in the hunt of his hattrick.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 24th of March Lingfield 4.00 Dubai Dynamo 13/2 E/W Ladbrokes BOG Had first race since Oct 2 weeks ago over 6f and although at the back for a long way was making up ground at the finish. Most runs last year were over 7 or 8 furlongs so this was a nice warm-up run and I’m expecting a good run.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 24th of March 15.40 - Newbery - Ikorodu Road - 5/1 - Bet365 BOG Winner of the Grimthorpe Chase at Doncaster earlier this month i think that Ikorodu Road is good enough to follow up from that success. He previously had 2 good placed efforts to Harry The Viking and Glens Boy and that win looked to be coming. Only up a few lbs in the weights he could still be well treated here and i'm hoping he can get the better of the returning Mon Parrain.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 24th of March Was going to back Art News in 13:50 EW but dropped from 20/1 to 14/1 whilst writing so scratched. 15:25 Premier Loco - From 9 runs on AW 5 wins a nd a second which was in this race 2009 beaten by a nose. Has won a few group 2's since then and runs well fresh so 13/2 bet365 looks a decent EW has wide draw to overcome. On a side note backed Black Spirit for Lincoln a couple of months back so would like him just to rid the cobwebs.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 24th of March 5.35 Bangor Fly Finch e/w at 28/1 betvictor symonds is 2/2 at track in bumpers with one of those wins coming with todays jock cawley and together they are 1-1-1 from 3 pairings in bumpers. As far as i can see on breeding the horse isnt related to any bumper runners. Although makes debut theres nothing with experience that stands out and one id be most interested in is tim vaughans as sired by Kings theatre and has a good s/r here

Re: BBOTD Saturday 24th of March 15.25 Lingfield: Loyalty @ 25/1 EW VC Struggle a bit to find something that I'm really confident about but Loyalty looks overpriced anyway. The Winter Derby is a very competitive race indeed, but also a wide open one in my mind. Loyalty didn't run to his best lto at Wolverhampton but if you cross out that form then you have a horse that barely run a bad race on the All-Weather and particularly this winter. He progressed very well on the All-Weather over the last 1,5 years from a 60 rated horse up to a 102 rated horse. If ten furlongs is the distance he really wants is debatable as he looks to be better suited by a mile, though but showed that he's capable of doing well over course and distance at this level when he finished 3rd to Junoob in a Listed race here at Lingfield a month ago. He surly needs a bit of in-running luck today as the draw is not ideal but I still think he's not without a chance here and he can be very much in the frame.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 24th of March 240 Newbury: Kentford Grey Lady (7/2 Bet365,PP) If she has got over her race at Cheltenham behind Quevega Kentford Grey Lady should be able to take this, the trip is slightly on the short side as she wants 3 miles but the pace should be fairly quick here and stamina will come into play, she settles well at the back and is a good traveller and should be able to pick them off up the home straight.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 24th of March Ling 1.50 - Benbecula - win at 4/1 bog Wm Hill Maiden race with quite a few unknown quantities Not my kind of race at all but I'm just going on a huge speed fig I gave this horse last time out That was a maiden race over this CD and he finished 2nd, the first 2 pulled 17 lengths clear of a 68 rated horse in 3rd Hannon team hitting the straps early this year and this one looks their first choice runner in the race, although how many times do we see the Hannon 2nd string winning (that's one of my little systems for the turf season !) Money is coming for the Gosden horse, Dark Stranger, and my one is drifting - that could be a bit off putting, but I'm not convinced the Gosden horse will be suited by 12 furlongs so I'll stick with my choice !

Re: BBOTD Saturday 24th of March Riggins 3.25 Lingfield. 0.5 points each way. Showed enough progression in recent runs to suggest he can win race this season. The trip and surface should be fine and the race has plenty of pace about it. Big price for a horse that has every chance of hitting the frame, if of course fit and ready to go. 20/1 Bet365 (bog)

Re: BBOTD Saturday 24th of March SOORAAH - 15:25 ling - 11/2 lads won some big races and posts the best form here winning at meydan last time out beating some real good company . 2nd best rated but carrys a low weight , seems a good price , gets a nice run stands everychance

Re: BBOTD Saturday 24th of March NR for me earlier; 525 Stratford: Kingsmere (9/4 bet365) Ran well at Sandown when racing on good ground for the first time and led two out before weakening up the hill, this is a flat track and sharp too so he should be able to last home and with the ground drying up it will be ideal conditions. Stable are in good form and must go close in this company.