** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

International Friendlies > 2012

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: International Friendlies > 2012

I saw the probable line-ups in the newspaper this morning and I do not like the Dutch squad at all. Schaken, van Rhijn and Kuyt are just not good enough for this level. Van der Vaart will be tired as usual. On the other hand, I saw Germany will line up Reus, Götze, Podolski and Müller. Altough Podolski is not in great form, these players will cause too much trouble for the Dutch defense in my opinion.
I think the dutch defense line including de jong doesnt look good. They are all not in top form right now. Van Rhijn is promosing but he also had many games lately. Question is how ,otivated the german offense is. Im not so sure. tough the set up with reus a s the lone striker is a very fast line up. I expect to the dutch to take over the inative at home and germany with some chances to run at the slow dutch defense. On the other hand the dutch offense plays at a whole in germany and they will be eager to score. And I think they are also able vs. a german defense that is probably tired from the last weeks and the past has shown that these guys cocneded easily when not fully concentrated. So I expect a game where both offense lines wont work and run much defensivly which can mean a rather open game. Germany has with draxler , holtby and Schuerle motivated offensive potential on the bench while only c- players in the defense available. I think as there isnt anymore so much "hate" between teams that we might see a rather open and offensive game anjoying the football. I am thinking about a punt on germany as they dont look that bad despite their missings. over 2,5 and both teams to score look good too but odds are not fantastic.

Re: International Friendlies > 2012 Hodgson: “But it would be wrong of me, after doing one training session of 40 minutes in the driving rain with eight players, to say: ‘Yes this is a superstar in the making’. 8 players! I think this was the last training session before the one in stockholm. I guess some players just came to the team prior to the flight to sweden. This isnt a proper preparation for an international game. Swedish players are together since monday.

Hungary V Norway Over 2.5 goals @ 2.10 - bet365. Bit of value here I think in the overs as I tend to think of Hungarian sides as being a bit over'ish. They can certainly score goals, yet aren't that reliable at the back. Norway have been fairly similar recently. They've conceded in every game they've played this year, even going over against Greece! They've had a poor loss away to Iceland already this year so I fancy this game to be fairly open.
Home team will be without topscorer Gera (WBA), while the guests coming without defenders Waehler, J.A. Riise and Ruud, midfielders Tettey, H.A. Riise and Hauger, and attacking duo Elyounousi & King. :ok
Israel at 2.1 against Belarus seems a good bet. Belarus have selected quite a weak squad and left out some of their best players including Alexander Hleb and Rodionov also a lot of the Bate Borisov regulars have not been selected usually they are the back bone of their team. Israel are fairly strong and have some star names such as Nacho rubin kazan and tomer Hemed Mallorca aswell as Benayoun West Ham who has been recalled. So I fancy them to beat an under strength Belarus.
Important midfielders Benayoun, Melikson, Refaelov and striker Schechter won't play for Israel, so be careful here ;)

Re: International Friendlies > 2012 Bulgaria is complete, in good mood and have home advantage. On the other hand, Oleg Blokhin is no longer coach, assistant Zavarov took his place for now. He has a lot of problems with absences as the most expensive four players (df Rakitsky, midfielders Konoplyanka and Gusev, with striker Yarmolenko ) are injured. I must try... Bulgaria @2.65 at local low stake

Re: International Friendlies > 2012 @ BB I will add to your info about whole new or partly new danish defence that if the inform goal machines Burak Yilmaz and Umut Bulut will play I expect easy home win - Yilmaz with six goals from 10 clubgames and Bulut with nine from 10. GL

Re: International Friendlies > 2012 Hi all An early kick off that takes my eye is Armenia v Lithuania. Armenia are an improving force at international level with star man Henrikh Mkhitaryan also fast becoming a star player at club level in the Ukraine with Shaktar Donesk. Lithuania seem to be a team struggling at the moment, in fact I seem to remember them losing to Liechtenstein a few years ago although thier most recent meeting was won 2-0 by lithuania. Does anyone have any info on either squad as little appears to be avaliable through internet searches. If no major news comes out then i would be inclined to go for Armenia to win @ evens. Thanks all

Re: International Friendlies > 2012 Romania - Belgium romania: Tatarusanu, Luchin, Chichires, Goian, Radu, Torje, Pintilii, Bouceanu, Tanase, Grozav, Marica belgium: gk Mignolet, defence: Gillet, Van Buyten, Kompany, Vertonghen, midfield: Defour, Witsel, Fellaini, attack: Mertens, De Bruyne, Benteke Apart from gk Thibaut Courtois & Daniel Van Buyten this is my favourite national line-up. Defour, Witsel & Fellaini have played together for such a long time at standard and although they all play abroad nowadays it's still an oiled machine. Recent form suggests they are stronger than ever before. In front my favourite wingers Mertens & De Bruyne. They will show very good pace and technical skills. It's a true delight to watch them play. I have no real fav striker. I think Benteke, Vossen, Lukaku are equally skilled but Benteke has played together with De Bruyne at RC Genk and they know where to find eachother on the pitch so that's a good thing. Daniel Van Buyten is getting some playtime due to his bench-status at Bayern. I'd say that's a liability but then again last year he scored against Romania & he's allways there at set pieces so who knows? Last year these two teams met in a friendly fixture in Belgium. The match ended in 2-1 but the score could've easily been higher because a goal was disallowed for offside and a penalty was missed. We saw 2 teams with lot's of intentions going forward and I think this game will be no different. But I believe Belgium with get the best of it. With this squad I can't see Belgium lose this game. As stated before Wilmots is aiming a better fifa ranking and I think the team will be well motivated to give their best. I think the fact that many players finally got rewarded for their efforts with some lucrative deals in the EPL has given them some new sense of self-awareness. They no longer feel the need to be aknowledged. In stead they measure themselves with some of the best players in the world every day and realise they may be considered world class players too. As a team they are maturing, taking things in their own hands and are playing a very dominant game. Because of that & because of statistics I really fancy them to take the lead and try to control the game in the second half. If Romania was to score a goal today I think their best chances lie in the second half when Belgium has released the throttle and concentration is going down. In the last 2 years Belgium scored first in about 70% of the games played. That's enough for me to back Belgium to score first at evens. In the games they did not score first they mostly conceded an early goal in the 1st 15min (Croatia, Montenegro, Greece). In that aspect I think this is an even better live bet when the score is still 0-0 after 20 minutes of play. When looking back at the game vs Romania last year I would say goals are very likely but Belgium's away & home records are 2 different things. Abroad Belgium tends to play for the result, at home they must entertain. I take Belgium to score first (first goal 1x2 with x being no goals but I don't believe in 0-0 here) at 2 unibet live it will prob be around 1.75 unless one of the teams takes a furious start (which could well be the case, we'll see) anyone knows who's the referee?

Romania - Belgium anyone knows who's the referee?
http://www.soccerway.com/referees/mauro-bergonzi/59489/
Im looking at the Scotland game and at luxembourgs recent results and i think the scots are a good bet but im concerned about the pitch and conditions. Does anyone know anything about the ground etc? Do the scots fancy it?
Don't know about pitch, but the Scots have several important missings: Adam, Fletcher, Morrison, Bardsley, Maloney, McGregor, Brown and Caldwell.

Re: International Friendlies > 2012 Brazil - Colombia This extremely attractive South American derby is taking place late this night in New Jersey. The price on Brazil is ridiculously low - 1.66. I feel there is a lot of popular betting bias involved here. Colombia have been in outstanding form in WC qualfiers - they are in a series of 4 consecutive victories and play amazing football. They don't have any major missings and will field a full-strength squad, featuring players like Falcao, Jackson Martinez, James Rodriguez, Fredy Guarin, Pablo Armero etc. They have what is needed to upset Brazil - killing fast attacks, iron defense and potent midfield. Brazil have been playing only friendlies for the last two years. They had some impressive results lately but against very miserable sides like China and Iraq. They got good results also again Sweden (3:0), Denmark (3:1) and USA (4:1). However, they lost their sternest tests for this year 4-3 to Argentina and 2-0 to Mexico. Their olympic team which featured many players who will start today, also failed against Mexico in the Olympic final. They were also very disappointing in the hard home win against South Africa by 1:0. Pressure on coach Mano Menenzes is huge as many fans are unhappy with the tactics and think he is not getting the best out of the team. In the friendly with Argentina a month ago (where both teams played only with local league players), the stadium was chanting against Mano after disappointing performance. I honestly see it very hard for BRazil to keep clean sheet against the likes of Falcao, Rodriguez and Martinez. They also miss important defender Marcelo. And it will be very difficult to score many goals against solid Colombian defense. Hence, I take a handicap on the Colombians here. Colombia Asian Handicap +1 @ 1.725 (bet365)

Re: International Friendlies > 2012 Late one but... Russia vs USA Under 2.5 @ 1.81 (188bet) 2.5/10 11 out of Russia's last 12 friendlies have gone under 2.5, a majority of USA's last 12 friendlies have done as well. Capello is known for being a defensive manager and USA are a relatively strong side who should be hard to break down. No Pav, Pog, Arshavin or Dempsey removes a lot of the goal threat. I would prefer it if the game was at a neutral venue rather than Russia which does give them an advantage, but even so the price is the right side of 1.8 for me to take.

Im looking at the Scotland game and at luxembourgs recent results and i think the scots are a good bet but im concerned about the pitch and conditions. Does anyone know anything about the ground etc? Do the scots fancy it?
The team is: Matt Gilkes Steven Whittaker, Grant Hanley, Christophe Berra, Paul Dixon Steven Naismith, Andrew Shinnie, Darren Fletcher, Charlie Mulgrew, Jordan Rhodes and Kenny Miller Surely the players who played under Craig Levein are determined enough to prove that they never got him the sack. Billy Stark takes the team and he has good experience at u-21's with a fairly good record. I would expect Scotland to win this game.

Bulgaria is complete, in good mood and have home advantage. On the other hand, Oleg Blokhin is no longer coach, assistant Zavarov took his place for now. He has a lot of problems with absences as the most expensive four players (df Rakitsky, midfielders Konoplyanka and Gusev, with striker Yarmolenko ) are injured. I must try... Bulgaria @2.65 at local low stake
bet lost...

Late one but... Russia vs USA Under 2.5 @ 1.81 (188bet) 2.5/10 11 out of Russia's last 12 friendlies have gone under 2.5, a majority of USA's last 12 friendlies have done as well. Capello is known for being a defensive manager and USA are a relatively strong side who should be hard to break down. No Pav, Pog, Arshavin or Dempsey removes a lot of the goal threat. I would prefer it if the game was at a neutral venue rather than Russia which does give them an advantage, but even so the price is the right side of 1.8 for me to take.
Bet lost. The game had a faster pace and was more lively than I imagined. Even so, there weren't many chances on goal for either side until USA equalised. Both defences looked reasonably strong up to that point, with Russia being the more dangerous side, Dzagoev in particular had a good game. USA made it 1-1 with a beautiful volley and then Russia, with home fans behind them, went forward to get back in front. They won a penalty which was probably just about deserved, converted it and my bet lost. Turned off after that. Overall I'm still happy with my bet.

This will be Turkey's 500th International match. We will be celebrating it via concerts before. Some famous ex-players will have some ceremony. I dunno Danish side but in Turkish side there is ongoing dispute about the stadium and players of Galatsaray who will play on Friday due to match against ManU next Wednesday. Sercan Sararer left due to illness. Volkan,goalkeeper, has some minor injuries. I dunno if he will take risks by playing in a friendly match. There is a dilemna for TD Abdullah Avci. This is a 500 th match so winning will be great. On the other hand most of the players have possible fear of any sudden injuries. Coz most of them playing good and crucial for their teams. On the other hand playing without courage they will be hung by media. :) Abdullah Avcı has a lot of support from Football Asc. Not alot from us :) So he probably will use a good line up then will make 4-5 changes. Or he called few new players and they will have a chance to start the match and then usual players will be on field. I dunno. From other reasoning odds are attractive for Turkey's win. If Danish young or inexperienced defense players play a little hard on few Turkish players in a fairplay way then they will get a draw . I will be on small stakes on Draw. Both teams will be happy from this result. And Match day scenario Turkey will conceed first goal then make the goal and miss alot. So Every one of us will believe Turkey missed the chance to win due to some reasons I wrote above but with lesser attention ;) From that reasoning BTTS is coming out good for accies. Anyway this a FRIENDLY match so why not trying a draw :) PS: I agree with reasoning by others above. But lets be devil's advocate :D
Bet won as match predicted ;)

Andorra vs Iceland Both teams to score- no @ 1.73 (Stan James) 4/10 Anyone reading this probably already knows that Andorra rarely score. I won't bore with statistics- you can look it up on soccerway. This bet normally takes little thought, but this time I considered it from a while as Iceland are poor defensively. I'd go so far as to say they were one of the worst European national sides defensively. However, they seem to have tightened up a bit under experienced coach Lars Lagerback. They recently kept clean sheets in wins over the Faroe Islands and Norway, and only conceded two against Switzerland, and one against Cyprus and Albania. Also, I don't think their defence will be tested much in this game. With vastly superior players, Iceland will dominate possession, and Andorra shouldn't get too many chances to score. Considering Andorra have only scored in one of their last ten home games, odds of 1.73 look pretty decent even considering Iceland not being the best side defensively.
Bet won, didn't see the game (don't think there was a stream). Didn't have a very good night of betting but at least this one came in.

Gabon vs Portugal Under 2.5 @ 1.8 (Bluesquare, 888sport) 2.5/10 I like the unders here. I remember watching Gabon in the African Nations. They did well, helped by home advantage, despite having a relatively weak team with little experience at the highest level. They tend to be attracting more experienced players than they used to though, with French players of Gabon origin increasingly opting to play for them. They are a very underish side, with 15 out of the last 19 going under. Portugal meanwhile have Ronaldo and Nani out, which takes away a fair amount of their goal threat. Their defence appears to be at full strength though. As others have said on this thread, you have to question how important a trip to equatorial Africa is going to be for the likes of Moutinho, Pepe etc who will have important games at the weekend. This game will be of much more importance to Gabon, and I'd imagine from the way they play that they will keep things tight and will be very happy with a draw, which would please what I would imagine to be a large home support. We saw some bad pitches at the African Cup of Nations and with heavy rain forecast today and tomorrow in Libreville, it could be another poor pitch. At any rate it will be very hot and humid, around 27C but that will feel like more with the humidity. The most relevant recent encounter is Gabon's game against Brazil, which ended 2-0 to the Brazilians. I can see a similar game here. I think Gabon will struggle to score, yet I don't think a Portugal side lacking motivation for such a game will run riot here in difficult conditions. A lot of bookmakers go lower than 1.8 with Pinnacle at 1.67 right now. I think 1.8 is a good price.
Bet lost, did anyone see this game?

Re: International Friendlies > 2012 Dutch coach Louis Van Gaal played a very defensive minded team. Germans were better but hardly created a goalscoring chance. The 0-0 draw was the only logical result in a very very boring match... At least the Germans kept a clean sheet after conceding 4 against Sweden in the last 30 minutes lately!

Re: International Friendlies > 2012 [TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Monday 19 November 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Singapore v Pakistan (11:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.53[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.8[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]6.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]106.92 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Thursday 22 November 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Argentina v Brazil (00:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.65[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.45[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.75[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]103.08 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 4 weeks later...

Re: International Friendlies > 2012 There's a game being played today at 17:15 GMT between Poland and Macedonia in Turkey. Game's being played in Antalya, Turkey in a small 7000 seater stadium. Both squads are pretty inexperienced at international level with the two squad's comprising mainly of home grown talent. Macedonia for one have about three caps between their midfield and attack. Poland I think should have a bit more about them with striker, Arkadiusz Piech potentially leading the line. I'm prepared to take the 1.72 on offer with Paddy Power for Poland here as previously when I've seen Poland play their reserves they've usually looked pretty up for the game. And Macedonia look quite weak to me.

There's a game being played today at 17:15 GMT between Poland and Macedonia in Turkey. Game's being played in Antalya' date=' Turkey in a small 7000 seater stadium. Both squads are pretty inexperienced at international level with the two squad's comprising mainly of home grown talent. Macedonia for one have about three caps between their midfield and attack. Poland I think should have a bit more about them with striker, Arkadiusz Piech potentially leading the line. I'm prepared to take the 1.72 on offer with Paddy Power for Poland here as previously when I've seen Poland play their reserves they've usually looked pretty up for the game. And Macedonia look quite weak to me.[/quote'] Finished 4-1 Poland .... Bet won :ok

u20 Friendly [h=3]u20/ Turkey 9k= v Z Croatia -0,5 Turkey @ 1,99[/h] lets see..Croatia go in turkey, in antalya play two games. this is 2nd, first one was because two days and turkey easy win 3-0 and was much better team. they have enough quality players http://pokit.org/get/?2c99bc5ff4c01fb1b936ca62c63b94b2.jpg Turkey are preparing for U20 World Championship 2013 (they are hosts) while Crpatia coem without some players and this squad is very weak Türkiye: Muhammed Alperen Uysal, Erhan Kartal, İlkay Durmuş, Ethem Ercan Pülgir, Ahmet Yılmaz Çalık (Dk.88 Sadık Çiftpınar), Muhammet Karpuz, Enver Cenk Şahin (Dk.81 Tayfur Bingöl), Hasan Türk (Dk.62 Okay Yokuşlu), Artun Akçakın (Dk. 62 İbrahim Yılmaz), Taşkın Çalış (Dk. 81 Cumali Bişi), Kadir Ari (Dk. 46 Kenan Karaman) Hırvatistan: Oliver Zelenika, Toni Gorupec, Ivan Aleksic, Filip Mrzljak, Matej Mitrovic, Josip Calusic, Danijel Miskic, Ivan Mocinic, Dejan Cabraja, Ljuban Crepulja, Dolezal Jan