** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

International Friendlies > 2012

Re: International Friendlies > 2012 Okay guys..... This might sound like a rookie mistake, but i again have to higher my stake on Turkey. This is the second time i do this, which i rarely do. I have giving it a lot of thoughts. The reasoning is this, The heart and soul of the danish team for the past 2 years William Kvist from Stuttgart is also out and he didnt travel to Turkey and also Lars Jacobsen is still highly doutbfull. I must give Turkey around 50-55 % chances of winning here. So I will go with 8/10 Units on Turkey the best odds I can find is 2,35 now but still great value! I would have gone max stake, but this is a friendly so you never know what to expect! Best Regards BBTown77

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: International Friendlies > 2012 ^ GK: Željko Brkić (Udineze), Damir Kahriman (Tavrija) i Branimir Aleksić (Spartak); DF: Nenad Tomović (Fiorentina), Antonio Rukavina (Valjadolid), Branislav Ivanović (Čelsi), Nikola Maksimović (Crvena zvezda), Matija Nastasić, Aleksandar Kolarov (Mančester siti) i Marko Lomić (Dinamo Moskva). MF: Radosav Petrović (Genčlerbirligi), Luka Milivojević, Srđan Mijailović (Crvena zvezda), Aleksandar Ignjoski (Verder Bremen), Ivan Radovanović (Atalanta) i Ljubomir Fejsa (Olimpijakos). CF: Miralem Sulejmani (Ajaks), Dušan Tadić (Tvente), Filip Đuričić (Herenven), Lazar Marković, Nemanja Tomić, Marko Šćepović (Partizan) i Filip Đorđević (Nant). Poor defense and midd bad atmosphere and results, coach, everything is low

Re: International Friendlies > 2012 4pts Sweden vs England - Both teams to score 1.95 Coral Although this is a friendly I still expect there to be goals in this match. Sweden come in off the back of a 4-4 draw in Germany while England often score goals wherever they go, but aren’t exactly watertight at the back at the minute. With the attacking talent on both sides I think both teams to score looks the best bet in this one. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/sweden-vs-england-betting-both-teams-have-the-attacking-threat-to-score-in-this-match

Re: International Friendlies > 2012 3pts Scotland to win to nil 2/1 Ladbrokes Really and truly this should be a comfortable night for Scotland with this a vital chance to get some confidence up ahead of the rest of the World Cup qualifying campaign. Luxembourg have just been beaten up by Israel in their last two matches and while I don’t think they’ll be beaten up here I do think they will lose. Luxembourg still aren’t regular scorers and Scotland generally stay tight at the back so the 2/1 on Scotland to win to nil looks a perfectly good price to me. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/luxembourg-vs-scotland-betting-scotland-look-good-value-to-get-back-to-winning-ways-without-conceding

Re: International Friendlies > 2012 4pts Republic of Ireland vs Greece - Under 2 goals 2.02 BetVictor All signs are that this will be quite tight. Ireland are missing their better two strikers while Greece are Greece and don’t score or concede many. I don’t think this will be a high scoring classic. Both sides are usually defensive and tight at the back and so in fact I think there’s lot of value in there being under 2 goals in the game. A 0-0 or 1-0 either way would have to be the favoured scorelines but at odds against under 2 goals looks good knowing we get a refund if there are exactly two goals. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/republic-of-ireland-vs-greece-betting-dublin-friendly-unlikely-to-be-a-classic

Re: International Friendlies > 2012 This will be Turkey's 500th International match. We will be celebrating it via concerts before. Some famous ex-players will have some ceremony. I dunno Danish side but in Turkish side there is ongoing dispute about the stadium and players of Galatsaray who will play on Friday due to match against ManU next Wednesday. Sercan Sararer left due to illness. Volkan,goalkeeper, has some minor injuries. I dunno if he will take risks by playing in a friendly match. There is a dilemna for TD Abdullah Avci. This is a 500 th match so winning will be great. On the other hand most of the players have possible fear of any sudden injuries. Coz most of them playing good and crucial for their teams. On the other hand playing without courage they will be hung by media. :) Abdullah Avcı has a lot of support from Football Asc. Not alot from us :) So he probably will use a good line up then will make 4-5 changes. Or he called few new players and they will have a chance to start the match and then usual players will be on field. I dunno. From other reasoning odds are attractive for Turkey's win. If Danish young or inexperienced defense players play a little hard on few Turkish players in a fairplay way then they will get a draw . I will be on small stakes on Draw. Both teams will be happy from this result. And Match day scenario Turkey will conceed first goal then make the goal and miss alot. So Every one of us will believe Turkey missed the chance to win due to some reasons I wrote above but with lesser attention ;) From that reasoning BTTS is coming out good for accies. Anyway this a FRIENDLY match so why not trying a draw :) PS: I agree with reasoning by others above. But lets be devil's advocate :D

Re: International Friendlies > 2012 I see mate.... To Deniz post...... Maybe you are right. But as you all know betting is about value, and i book you cant argue that under these circumstances there is clear value in the HW. The danish will consist of a lot of new players and players who are under here becuase of injurie to others.

Re: International Friendlies > 2012 Chile v Serbia is playing in St Gallen, Switzerland, so I guess that the Serbs would have a lot more support. Here is the venue of the matches involving African national teams: At Lisbon - Cape Verde Islands v Ghana At Linz- Austria v Ivory Coast At Johannesburg- South Africa v Zambia At Libreville- Gabon v Portugal At Sousse - Tunisia v Switzerland At Miami, USA- Venezuela v Nigeria At Kigali -Rwanda v Namibia At Algiers-Algeria v Bosnia Herzegovina At Geneva, Switzerland- Cameroon v Albania At Tbilisi- Georgia v Egypt At Casablanca- Morocco v Togo At Niamey -Niger v Senegal At El Jadida, Morocco -Democratic Republic of Congo v Burkina Faso At Estoril, Portugal -Angola v Congo Brazzaville At Dar es Salaam - Tanzania v Kenya At Manzini - Swaziland v Mozambique

Re: International Friendlies > 2012 4pts Colombia-Draw double chance vs Brazil 13/10 Paddy Power Brazil’s friendlies are a lot more competitive than your normal friendlies because they don’t have any competitive matches given that they host the World Cup and have automatically qualified so this should be a good match. Given the players the Brazilians are missing and the form the Colombians come into the game with I think there’s value in taking Colombia to get something from this match. As good as they are Brazil look a bit short to me so the Colombia-draw double chance looks good to me. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/brazil-vs-colombia-betting-colombia-look-good-value-to-avoid-defeat-against-the-world-cup-hosts

Re: International Friendlies > 2012 RUSSIA - USA Usually I attempt to avoid betting on frendlies matches but this one catch my eye. Russians shape is impressive in last time. They won everything this autumn in godd style. Americans in away games are playing rather chimerically and if they got problems with teams like Guatemal, Jamaica or Antiqua and Barbuda I dont have any doubt to bet on Russian. In my opionion there will also political subtext. Cold war is back:D:D RUSSIA-USA 1 9/10

Re: International Friendlies > 2012 Gabon vs Portugal Under 2.5 @ 1.8 (Bluesquare, 888sport) 2.5/10 I like the unders here. I remember watching Gabon in the African Nations. They did well, helped by home advantage, despite having a relatively weak team with little experience at the highest level. They tend to be attracting more experienced players than they used to though, with French players of Gabon origin increasingly opting to play for them. They are a very underish side, with 15 out of the last 19 going under. Portugal meanwhile have Ronaldo and Nani out, which takes away a fair amount of their goal threat. Their defence appears to be at full strength though. As others have said on this thread, you have to question how important a trip to equatorial Africa is going to be for the likes of Moutinho, Pepe etc who will have important games at the weekend. This game will be of much more importance to Gabon, and I'd imagine from the way they play that they will keep things tight and will be very happy with a draw, which would please what I would imagine to be a large home support. We saw some bad pitches at the African Cup of Nations and with heavy rain forecast today and tomorrow in Libreville, it could be another poor pitch. At any rate it will be very hot and humid, around 27C but that will feel like more with the humidity. The most relevant recent encounter is Gabon's game against Brazil, which ended 2-0 to the Brazilians. I can see a similar game here. I think Gabon will struggle to score, yet I don't think a Portugal side lacking motivation for such a game will run riot here in difficult conditions. A lot of bookmakers go lower than 1.8 with Pinnacle at 1.67 right now. I think 1.8 is a good price.

Re: International Friendlies > 2012 Anybody with good idea why the bookies believe that goals are so unlikely at Romania-Belgium? The price for "over 1.5 goals" is currently 1.40 which is crazy in first sight. Belgium looks full of goals, Romania can pose threat as well. It is a friendly, which means no strings attached and probably a less disciplined game with more goals. And on top of this, the bookies price it as it is some derby in Argentine Primera Division. I know bookies are no mugs and this is not some obscure league, so they definitely have something in mind when they bend so heavily towards unders.

Re: International Friendlies > 2012

Gabon vs Portugal Under 2.5 @ 1.8 (Bluesquare, 888sport) 2.5/10 I like the unders here. I remember watching Gabon in the African Nations. They did well, helped by home advantage, despite having a relatively weak team with little experience at the highest level. They tend to be attracting more experienced players than they used to though, with French players of Gabon origin increasingly opting to play for them. They are a very underish side, with 15 out of the last 19 going under. Portugal meanwhile have Ronaldo and Nani out, which takes away a fair amount of their goal threat. Their defence appears to be at full strength though. As others have said on this thread, you have to question how important a trip to equatorial Africa is going to be for the likes of Moutinho, Pepe etc who will have important games at the weekend. This game will be of much more importance to Gabon, and I'd imagine from the way they play that they will keep things tight and will be very happy with a draw, which would please what I would imagine to be a large home support. We saw some bad pitches at the African Cup of Nations and with heavy rain forecast today and tomorrow in Libreville, it could be another poor pitch. At any rate it will be very hot and humid, around 27C but that will feel like more with the humidity. The most relevant recent encounter is Gabon's game against Brazil, which ended 2-0 to the Brazilians. I can see a similar game here. I think Gabon will struggle to score, yet I don't think a Portugal side lacking motivation for such a game will run riot here in difficult conditions. A lot of bookmakers go lower than 1.8 with Pinnacle at 1.67 right now. I think 1.8 is a good price.
This is definitely the bet here! I think the bookies have attached some 0.20-0.30 extra towards "overs" just because of the "big name" Portugal. This is not fair, because the motivation will be low and the conditions can be very specific (bad pitch, full stadium, difficult climate adaption, defensive and rude play from the hosts).

Anybody with good idea why the bookies believe that goals are so unlikely at Romania-Belgium? The price for "over 1.5 goals" is currently 1.40 which is crazy in first sight. Belgium looks full of goals, Romania can pose threat as well. It is a friendly, which means no strings attached and probably a less disciplined game with more goals. And on top of this, the bookies price it as it is some derby in Argentine Primera Division. I know bookies are no mugs and this is not some obscure league, so they definitely have something in mind when they bend so heavily towards unders.
I think international friendlies on the whole tend to be underish, which could explain the bookies' odds. However, I certainly wouldn't want to bet on under 2.5 here at 1.75, with the players Belgium have at their disposal I would rather be on overs @ 2.38. No bet for me though.

Re: International Friendlies > 2012 I think Sweden to win vs. England is a very good bet. Hc -1 could come in too. I will secure that with sweden not to loose. Odds did fall since it is clear who will not play for England tough I will take that chance given the circumstances anyway as i cant see a convincing england display here given their depelted squad that hasnt played much together. Sweden has the same squad that they had vs. germany. They should be very upbeat and ready to fight. Another factor is to show their best in their new stadium. This squad has plenty of playing time together. Ibrahimovic should be fully focused too as he is suspended in his club league. This is where england comes in. This squad is very depleted. I checked that most players never played together in their positions. A good portion wil lalso play again come saturday so I expect Hodgson to rotate some players during the game which wont help a squad that isnt already used to playing together. Gerrard seems to be the most important and stable player in this squad. Tough after his knee scare and a match on saturday that is a must win for liverpool I dont expect him to play the full game on 100%. Then come in the youngsters and players that dont play reguarly in their clubs These are mostly offensive players. Wellback and Sturridge will surely get some time and will be happy to prove themselves. But the sweden defensive isnt that bad Granqvist has very stable performances in serie a while Ollson had ok performances at West brom. The midfield is stable too. What they are missing abit is a second strong striker besides Ibrahimovic. What I go for in this match is that Sweden has a much bigger motivation for a strong showing vs the big name england. They historicly perform very well at home vs england. A new Stadium with a croof that can be closed surely will give a good atmosphere. England with this team isnt expected to win big and most talk seems to be about the youngster zaha wo is not sure if he plays for ivory coast or england as didier drogba called him... I expected ahighly motivated sweden team vs. an england team that will probalby switch and substitute around. Sweden to win @2,5 3/10 Sweden hc -1 @5,0 2/10 Ibrahimovic to score @ /2/10 both teams to score @1,85 4/10 Big bet Sweden not to loose @1,45 (all at my local bookie)

Anybody with good idea why the bookies believe that goals are so unlikely at Romania-Belgium? The price for "over 1.5 goals" is currently 1.40 which is crazy in first sight. Belgium looks full of goals, Romania can pose threat as well. It is a friendly, which means no strings attached and probably a less disciplined game with more goals. And on top of this, the bookies price it as it is some derby in Argentine Primera Division. I know bookies are no mugs and this is not some obscure league, so they definitely have something in mind when they bend so heavily towards unders.
Romania will play in defense-midfield with lot of players form Steaua Bucharest, so could say they are pretty much gelled together. GK is also from Steaua. They have a quite good defensive record lately, not losing in last 15 games and conceding only 7. Of course, this will be a different story with Internationals, but you might consider that. This is a quite new and young squad for Romania, Piturca not selecting many of national's past team players. I myself dunno wut to say about the Under/Over market. I think it could be tricky. With all those players from Steaua at the back they could get a hold of the game there, but could as well lose themselves playing in the national team and screw it up. Fellaini is in great form for Everton, I might take a small punt on him to score @ 5.5 Would be nice to get a word from someone form Belgium, cuz if Belgium comes here with a winning attitude then I might consider Belgium not believing too much in what we have up-front.

Gabon vs Portugal Under 2.5 @ 1.8 (Bluesquare, 888sport) 2.5/10
Support your bet - key striker Pierre-Emerick Aubemayang won't play for the hosts, otherwise he is the second top scorer in Ligue 1 (scored 8 goals for Saint Etienne in 12 games so far). PS if someone takes any match involving African teams, I'll help you with adequate information about them. :ok

Re: International Friendlies > 2012 Panama - Spain I don't know what is the issue with this weird trans-ocean friendlies of Spain - I guess the federation is hungry for money. You can imagine how the likes of Iniesta, Alonso, Chavi and the others will be eager to travel to Panama amidst the most intense part of the season to play a meaningless friendly game. Panama's attitude will be drastically different - for them this will be probably more important than a competitive match. Spain has played already two similar games - 2:1 victory over Puerto Rico and 2:2 with Costa Rica. Costa Rica is of similar quality to Panama, while Puerto Rico is considered a weak team in the Concacaf and is at least a class below Panama (one of the tough teams in the region, although below Mexico and USA). Spain did not impress the least in either of the games. I expect another boring monologue of short and never-ending tiki-taka and attacks taking place for 5-10 minutes each. Panama will stay around their penalty area, hoping to snatch a good result. Panamans are by the way good in the back - they got only two goals in their CONCACAF qualifying group (one of them in the meaningless last game). I think Spain will push it towards victory eventually, but don't see them scoring plenty. 1:0 or 2:0 should be it. At the moment, Bet 365 offers the bet "Spain to score less than 3 goals" for 1.72.

Re: International Friendlies > 2012 A good spot Feeder :ok Romania v Belgium over 2.5 bet looks to good too ignore at 2.38 with Coral. Belgium have had a lot of frendlies away from home go under 2.5 in recent years. However this current Belgium team is a whole new animal. The current Romanian side is not especially an unders side seems about 50% overs 50% unders over the last couple of years. The Romanian league is generally a underish league and prices for unders are usually quite low so this may be a factor in the bookies low odds for unders. However Staeua and Cluj are quite often overs in europe this season. Definite value in overs in my opinion at current price. I would call it around a 50/50 shot.

Brazil v Columbia Over 3.5 Goals @ 11/5 Sportingbet Over 4.5 Goals @ 5/1 Ladbrokes Despite this being a friendly, both teams have points to prove here. Brazil want to show there south american counterparts that they still rule the roost, while Columbia have been getting better and better recently and look to be developing a really strong team. One thing we can expect is alot of attacking in this game with some of the best attacking players in world football on show. Whilst I was tempted to back Brazil on a handicap, Columbia could prove a much sterner test than some of the teams Brazil have been playing lately like Iraq and Japan so i'm going to go with the overs instead. Both of these lines look great prices and with Brazil scoring 21 goals in there last 5 friendlies, this could be a great chance for them to get the upper hand on one of the teams that could mount an outside challenge for the 2014 WC.
Don't be so sure. Although the Brazilians go nuts against weak opposition (China, Iraq and the ilk), their last 3 clashes with Colombia have finished 0-0. There hasn't been over 3 goals in a Colombia friendly since Feb 2008. I'll avoid this one, but good luck.

RUSSIA - USA Usually I attempt to avoid betting on frendlies matches but this one catch my eye. Russians shape is impressive in last time. They won everything this autumn in godd style. Americans in away games are playing rather chimerically and if they got problems with teams like Guatemal, Jamaica or Antiqua and Barbuda I dont have any doubt to bet on Russian. In my opionion there will also political subtext. Cold war is back:D:D RUSSIA-USA 1 9/10
Ha, when I saw this I instantly thought of political wrangling being re-ignited too, but in all seriousness don't underestimate the Yanks, in 2012 they've won away at Italy & Mexico in friendlies (both tough) as well as the easier games like Antigua & Panama. Tempting, but i'll leave this one. I'm taking 11/8 on Over 2.5 between South Korea and the Aussies at William Hill. South Korea's last 6 home friendlies have gone 2-1, 4-2, 2-2, 2-1, 2-1, 4-0, and the Aussies last 5 away friendlies have been 3-0, 1-3, 0-2, 2-1, 2-1....so if all goes to form Over 2.5 should be a safe bet, despite the players missing on both sides. Good luck.

Romania will play in defense-midfield with lot of players form Steaua Bucharest, so could say they are pretty much gelled together. GK is also from Steaua. They have a quite good defensive record lately, not losing in last 15 games and conceding only 7. Of course, this will be a different story with Internationals, but you might consider that.
This is because Piturca is using only the defensive players of Steaua. Steaua is an attacking minded team since new coach. The national team is not obsessed with the defense, but with the organisation. Piturca used the same system in 2008 and Romania played beautiful on wings especially home where the power increased with 30%. I know Romania is using two defensive midfielders but it can't be categorized as defensive minded side. Any team can win this game by conceeding. Hence why risking the over 2.5 when we can get safer both to score. Do you see Belgium scoring three and Romania none? Because I personally don't.

Hence why risking the over 2.5 when we can get safer both to score. Do you see Belgium scoring three and Romania none? Because I personally don't.
Both to score Yes is best price evens. Makes over 2.5 seem even more of a stand out price because often there is not a very big difference between the both to score prices and the over/under 2.5 prices.

Re: International Friendlies > 2012 do you know who's gonna play for england? [h=1]Steven Gerrard cleared for England after knee problem[/h]Wayne Rooney, Theo Walcott, Jonjo Shelvey, Kyle Walker and Aaron Lennon have all been ruled out. Crystal Palace forward Wilfried Zaha has won his first England call-up. The 20-year-old earned his place after the withdrawal of five players from the squad. He is the first Championship outfield player to be called up since Jay Bothroyd in 2010. Arsenal's Carl Jenkinson and Tottenham's Tom Huddlestone are also in the squad for the friendly.

Re: International Friendlies > 2012 Would be nice to get a word from someone form Belgium, cuz if Belgium comes here with a winning attitude then I might consider Belgium not believing too much in what we have up-front. hey Zacharael, i'm belgian:rollin This is what coach has said for the friendly match: I want the victory. "Practice Duels also count on the FIFA rankings. Now we are in the top 20, we need to aim for the top 10.":p Missings are :defenders Thomas Vertonghen (Arsenal) and Toby Alderweireld (Ajax),forward Mirallas(Everton),Eden Hazard(Chelsea) has problems with his Achilles tendon and is doubtful. Ex-Standard triangle in midfield "Defour(porto), Witsel (Zenith St-Petersbrgh)en Fellaini(Everton)" goalkeeper will be Mignolet(Sunderland)with Van Buyten (Bayern Munich)are the 5 starters he told the press . Over 1.5 for me,maybe a 2.5

Well' date=' netherlands should win this with that squad @2.5[/quote'] I saw the probable line-ups in the newspaper this morning and I do not like the Dutch squad at all. Schaken, van Rhijn and Kuyt are just not good enough for this level. Van der Vaart will be tired as usual. On the other hand, I saw Germany will line up Reus, Götze, Podolski and Müller. Altough Podolski is not in great form, these players will cause too much trouble for the Dutch defense in my opinion.

Re: International Friendlies > 2012 Germany´s regular strikers Gomez and Klose are both not in the squad. Coach Löw probably will play Reus as a lone striker in a 4-2-3-1. According to German newspapers the starting line could be: Neuer Höwedes, Mertesacker, Hummels, Lahm L. Bender, Gündogan Müller, Götze, Podolski Reus You have to be a brave man to make a bet in this match, it can of course go either way. Goals look likely but the current price ( over 2,75 @ 1,79 SBO ) is by no means attractive. No bet game for me!

Panama - Spain I don't know what is the issue with this weird trans-ocean friendlies of Spain - I guess the federation is hungry for money. You can imagine how the likes of Iniesta, Alonso, Chavi and the others will be eager to travel to Panama amidst the most intense part of the season to play a meaningless friendly game.
Xavi, Xabi Alonso, Pique, Monreal, Silva, Torres are out, Juanfran, Montoya, Mata, Javi Martinez, Benato, Susaeta and Soldado replace them.