** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

International Friendlies > 2012

Re: International Friendlies > 2012

Finishes 4-0, great call hebert.. Didn't watch much of it as I'm supposed to be working ;), but Brazil's players were far more competitive than you would expect a country like them to be in a friendly match, Japan looked too attacking to me with three offensive players and they got caught out too often. Wish I had taken them on bigger handicaps now!
Cheers mate, Brazil could have won it by alot more in all honesty. Attacking wise, Japan looked sound and probably should have had a couple themselves, Kagawa and Honda look to be building something decent up front for them. On the attack i'm not sure many defenses would cope with Brazil the way there attacking at the moment, it really is brilliant to watch. They seem to be playing with the old school Brazilian style giving players like Neymar and Kaka a license to roam and do whatever they want, which at the moment looks as if it's paying off but we'll see when they play a stronger opposition. Anyway, congrats to those who won anything here :ok

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Re: International Friendlies > 2012 [TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Wednesday 7 November 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Qatar v Iraq (15:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.87[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.25[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]111.49 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Thursday 8 November 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Oman v Estonia (11:30 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.76[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.45[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.4[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]108.53 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Bahrain v Jordan (17:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.05[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]104.04 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: International Friendlies > 2012 The Danish team is hit with a lot of injuries. They have a lot of palyers out and most recently they Agger(cap) and Okore have withdrawn. Furthermore the play in the last two qualifiers against Italy and Bulgarien have been very bad. Both times Denmark played 11 against 10 able to score or created any decent chances. The danish team will likely play with a whole new defense and try a lot of different players. It is very likely that Morten Olsen will give debut to 2-3 new players. I see some value in the homewin. My fair odds for Turkey is around 2,20 So Turkey 2,50 Pin 4/10 units!

South Korea @ 2.10 - William Hill. I think this is a decent price for what is a very strong home side. South Korea haven't lost since 2006 at home, winning a fair amount of those games. There were several losses during that period, but those were at neutral venues. I don't really know too much about these two sides currently, but I know Australia are probably the weakest they've been for a while and have been struggling for results lately with some dissent amongst the supporters. Over evens for the home side here looks on the face of it, to be decent value given how strong South Korea are on their own patch and the problems Australia have been facing.

Hungary V Norway Over 2.5 goals @ 2.10 - bet365. Bit of value here I think in the overs as I tend to think of Hungarian sides as being a bit over'ish. They can certainly score goals, yet aren't that reliable at the back. Norway have been fairly similar recently. They've conceded in every game they've played this year, even going over against Greece! They've had a poor loss away to Iceland already this year so I fancy this game to be fairly open.

Re: International Friendlies > 2012 Andorra vs Iceland Both teams to score- no @ 1.73 (Stan James) 4/10 Anyone reading this probably already knows that Andorra rarely score. I won't bore with statistics- you can look it up on soccerway. This bet normally takes little thought, but this time I considered it from a while as Iceland are poor defensively. I'd go so far as to say they were one of the worst European national sides defensively. However, they seem to have tightened up a bit under experienced coach Lars Lagerback. They recently kept clean sheets in wins over the Faroe Islands and Norway, and only conceded two against Switzerland, and one against Cyprus and Albania. Also, I don't think their defence will be tested much in this game. With vastly superior players, Iceland will dominate possession, and Andorra shouldn't get too many chances to score. Considering Andorra have only scored in one of their last ten home games, odds of 1.73 look pretty decent even considering Iceland not being the best side defensively.

England @ 3.1 - Betfair. I think this is one of the longest prices I've seen for England versus a non top ten International side. I was debating with myself as to whether or not we'd be value, and I'm surprised to see us above 3 if I'm honest. We will be set to make a number of changes and a few uncapped players will come in - whether or not they take part or bit is open for debate. I would say 2.56 is a fair price on us. Despite our poor record against Sweden we aren't usually available at such a long price, and I'm happy to back us when we mix things up a bit as the old guard are very tried and tested at this level. The players coming in will be hungrier and hoping to make an impression on Roy Hodgson. Fcuk knows why we have to play Sweden again though.

Re: International Friendlies > 2012 Please see previously post from me! But there are more problems for Denmark in this match. First of all the 2. choice in attack Andreas Cornelius is out with the flu. So we only have Bendtner, but as everybody know he is really in bad shape at the moment. In defense we will Agger, Okore and now Lars Jacobsen is doubtfull and i dont think they will risk him. The leftback have been a big problems for the danish team in years and as for now it is unclear who will play. So we will have a defense which most likely will be a "D" with only one first choice and the 3 others will most likely be 2. and 3. choices. The danish Midfield have been a problem in the qualifers against Italy and Bullgaria. We still have a lot of injuries and again we will have problems at that position. Furthermore the likely candidates to play besides William Kvist are players from Nordsjælland and AGF in the danish league. They will play against each other on friday. Therefor our nacional team coach have stated that he not use them much and do a faver to the clubs. This means that most probably that they will only play 45 minutes or so. So to sum it up i will now go 6/10 units on Turkey! I think this most likely be a danish B and C team we will see!

South Korea @ 2.10 - William Hill.I don't really know too much about these two sides currently' date=' but I know Australia are probably the weakest they've been for a while[/quote'] I thought about this bet also Jase but was put off because the Korean team also is the weakest it has been for a while by a long way. None of the European based players are in the squad. That amounts to around 8 first choice players missing. I wont pronounce the names but the Sunderland striker. A good player that was Celtic now Swansea. Striker from Celta Vigo and bundesliga players championship players all are sat at home counting their money. So a brave bet to take on in my opinion.

Re: International Friendlies > 2012 Israel at 2.1 against Belarus seems a good bet. Belarus have selected quite a weak squad and left out some of their best players including Alexander Hleb and Rodionov also a lot of the Bate Borisov regulars have not been selected usually they are the back bone of their team. Israel are fairly strong and have some star names such as Nacho rubin kazan and tomer Hemed Mallorca aswell as Benayoun West Ham who has been recalled. So I fancy them to beat an under strength Belarus.

Re: International Friendlies > 2012 Germany have a long list of unavailable players for the friendly match against the Netherlands: Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Boateng, Schmelzer, Khedira, Badstuber, Klose, Özil, Gomez are all out Netherlands should have better chance, also playing in front of their home crowd

Israel at 2.1 against Belarus seems a good bet. Belarus have selected quite a weak squad and left out some of their best players including Alexander Hleb and Rodionov also a lot of the Bate Borisov regulars have not been selected usually they are the back bone of their team. Israel are fairly strong and have some star names such as Nacho rubin kazan and tomer Hemed Mallorca aswell as Benayoun West Ham who has been recalled. So I fancy them to beat an under strength Belarus.
think imight just follow u on israel. best price now 2.05 and shortening.

I thought about this bet also Jase but was put off because the Korean team also is the weakest it has been for a while by a long way. None of the European based players are in the squad. That amounts to around 8 first choice players missing. I wont pronounce the names but the Sunderland striker. A good player that was Celtic now Swansea. Striker from Celta Vigo and bundesliga players championship players all are sat at home counting their money. So a brave bet to take on in my opinion.
Cheers for the info.... Stupidly I didn't check first, but in hoping their home form and the fact Australia haven't picked that strong a squad either will see the home win through. Over evens is still a decent price IMO.

Germany have a long list of unavailable players for the friendly match against the Netherlands: Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Boateng, Schmelzer, Khedira, Badstuber, Klose, Özil, Gomez are all out Netherlands should have better chance, also playing in front of their home crowd
Robin van Persie, Wesley Sneijder, Maarten Stekelenburg, Kevin Strootman, Jeremain Lens, Luciano Narsingh and Leroy Fer are home absences. G: Tim Krul (Newcastle United), Kenneth Vermeer (Ajax), Jeroen Zoet (RKC) D: John Heitinga (Everton), Daryl Janmaat (Feyenoord), Bruno Martins Indi (Feyenoord), Joris Mathijsen (Feyenoord), Ricardo van Rhijn (Ajax), Ron Vlaar (Aston Villa), Jetro Willems (PSV), Stefan de Vrij (Feyenoord) M: Ibrahim Afellay (Schalke 04), Urby Emanuelson (AC Milan), Nigel de Jong (AC Milan), Rafael van der Vaart (Hamburger SV), Marco van Ginkel (Vitesse), Jordy Clasie (Feyenoord) A: Eljero Elia (Werder Bremen), Klaas-Jan Huntelaar (Schalke 04), Dirk Kuyt (Fenerbahçe), Arjen Robben (Bayern München), Ruben Schaken (Feyenoord), Bas Dost (VfL Wolfsburg)

Robin van Persie, Wesley Sneijder, Maarten Stekelenburg, Kevin Strootman, Jeremain Lens, Luciano Narsingh and Leroy Fer are home absences. G: Tim Krul (Newcastle United), Kenneth Vermeer (Ajax), Jeroen Zoet (RKC) D: John Heitinga (Everton), Daryl Janmaat (Feyenoord), Bruno Martins Indi (Feyenoord), Joris Mathijsen (Feyenoord), Ricardo van Rhijn (Ajax), Ron Vlaar (Aston Villa), Jetro Willems (PSV), Stefan de Vrij (Feyenoord) M: Ibrahim Afellay (Schalke 04), Urby Emanuelson (AC Milan), Nigel de Jong (AC Milan), Rafael van der Vaart (Hamburger SV), Marco van Ginkel (Vitesse), Jordy Clasie (Feyenoord) A: Eljero Elia (Werder Bremen), Klaas-Jan Huntelaar (Schalke 04), Dirk Kuyt (Fenerbahçe), Arjen Robben (Bayern München), Ruben Schaken (Feyenoord), Bas Dost (VfL Wolfsburg)
Well, netherlands should win this with that squad @2.5

Re: International Friendlies > 2012 Gabon v Portugal. Lay Portugal at 1.65 ish. No Ronaldo for Portugal. They are not a one man team they have some other good players but if there was a one man international team then Portugal would be it. I dont know much about Gabon but they do have a few players who play in the French top league. They are 52 in the world rankings and beat Morocco and Tunisia this year so are not mugs. Portugal are in poor form and often struggle against weaker sides. I dont see they will be that motivated for a trip to Africa. 1.65 is a very good price to lay in my opinion.

I dont know much about Gabon but they do have a few players who play in the French top league. They are 52 in the world rankings and beat Morocco and Tunisia this year so are not mugs.
Their advantages are Portuguese coach, home field and weather conditions with 30 degrees. On the other side, they were defeated Morocco and Tunisia nearly a year ago (the last ACN). They were eliminated by Togo a month ago, in qualifying for the next tournament. Also captain and key defender Manga won't against Portugal. When I find out more team news, I'll share. ;)

Re: International Friendlies > 2012 I think a small Wager on Uruguay might be in Order around 8/5. They travel with a pretty good squad although Forlan is out. Cavani and Suarez both travel though. Uruguay have'nt been in the best form lately but Poland ar'nt exactly tops at the moment either. Perhaps Uruguay Draw no Bet is the better option at around 5/6. In there last 6 matches at home Poland have only beaten South Africa and Moldova. I think England should have beaten them and I consider Uruguay a better "team" therefore Il try the Uruguayans here. My Bets 10 Points - Uruguay DNB @ 5/6 4 Points - Uruguay @ 8/5 2 Points - Uruguay -1 EH @ 9/2 All Paddypower.

Re: International Friendlies > 2012 well a great input has been done by BBTown77 from the view of the dans, i did look up the turkish side. seems like the guys from turkey take this game pretty serious, A National Team squad for Denmark friendly consists the players listed at the below: [TABLE=width: 570]

[TR] [TD=width: 132]

Player

Club

Date of Birth

App&Goal

Ersan Gülüm

Beşiktaş

0/0

Alper Potuk

Eskişehirspor

1/0

Bekir İrtegün

Fenerbahçe

4/0

Caner Erkin

Fenerbahçe

17/1

Mert Günok

Fenerbahçe

4/0

Gökhan Gönül

Fenerbahçe

30/1

Hasan Ali Kaldırım

Fenerbahçe

9/0

Mehmet Topal

Fenerbahçe

31/0

Volkan Demirel

Fenerbahçe

57/0

Burak Yılmaz

Galatasaray

21/6

Emre Çolak

Galatasaray

1/0

Hamit Altıntop

Galatasaray

77/8

Selçuk İnan

Galatasaray

22/2

Semih Kaya

Galatasaray

7/0

Umut Bulut

Galatasaray

19/3

Aykut Demir

Gençlerbirliği

0/0

Onur Kıvrak

Trabzonspor

3/0

Soner Aydoğdu

Trabzonspor

1/0

Arda Turan

Atletico Madrid

60/13

Emre Belözoğlu

Atletico Madrid

89/9

Kerim Frei

Cardiff City

0/0

Nuri Şahin

Liverpool FC

36/2

Mevlüt Erdinç

Rennes

18/2

Gökhan Töre

FC Rubin Kazan

10/0

[/TABLE] im portant players like demirel, topal, burak, arda, selcuk, sahin and emre are all in with the info that denmark wont appear with a lot of players who usually play i will go for turkey win 2,25 @ fortuna

[/TD] [TD=width: 132]

[/TD] [TD=width: 111]

[/TD] [TD=width: 77]

[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 132]

[/TD] [/TR]

Hungary V Norway Over 2.5 goals @ 2.10 - bet365. Bit of value here I think in the overs as I tend to think of Hungarian sides as being a bit over'ish. They can certainly score goals, yet aren't that reliable at the back. Norway have been fairly similar recently. They've conceded in every game they've played this year, even going over against Greece! They've had a poor loss away to Iceland already this year so I fancy this game to be fairly open.
my thoughts as well... hungary usually plays overish and that price is cracking!!! i also wanted to say thank you Jase82 for the great write ups for all those yrs :) bury was a nice banker this weekend... so thanks mate and keep up the good work, you did save me a few euros :D

Re: International Friendlies > 2012 i will also take Czech.rep vs. Slowakia 1,95 for homewin @ fortuna there are a few thoughts of ine which did lead me to this bet... our captain Skrtel is out, which imo is a loss... well u can say czechs have also some important missings and they play a few youngsteres this time... but my most important idea is the rivality between us and our "brothers" ... this games usually end up with us loosing. even if the price would be 1,65ish or 1,7ish i would still take it ... a tripple with israel and turkey... Conf. LVL 10/10 gl to you all

Re: International Friendlies > 2012 Brazil v Columbia Over 3.5 Goals @ 11/5 Sportingbet Over 4.5 Goals @ 5/1 Ladbrokes Despite this being a friendly, both teams have points to prove here. Brazil want to show there south american counterparts that they still rule the roost, while Columbia have been getting better and better recently and look to be developing a really strong team. One thing we can expect is alot of attacking in this game with some of the best attacking players in world football on show. Whilst I was tempted to back Brazil on a handicap, Columbia could prove a much sterner test than some of the teams Brazil have been playing lately like Iraq and Japan so i'm going to go with the overs instead. Both of these lines look great prices and with Brazil scoring 21 goals in there last 5 friendlies, this could be a great chance for them to get the upper hand on one of the teams that could mount an outside challenge for the 2014 WC.

Re: International Friendlies > 2012 slowakias missings ... I might think the bet on czechs over... im not surehow our team is, because the line ups looks promising and i cant find the starting squad of czechs... i do read a lot about more and more missings for czechs... no Petr Cech, Pilar, Hubschmann, Lastuvka, Rosicky, Kolar... and whats not helping either is the preasure on coach Bilek... there are rumours him being sacked if the czechs dont win... young weiss, Skrtel, Breznanik (played a lot for Liberec til he moved to russia),so nothing major goalies Dušan Kuciak (Legia Varšava/Poľ.) Dušan Perniš (Pogoň Štetín/Poľ.) Matúš Putnocký (ŠK Slovan Bratislava) defenders Peter Pekarík (Hertha BSC Berlín/Nem.) Marián Čišovský (FC Viktoria Plzeň/ČR) Tomáš Hubočan (Zenit Petrohrad/Rus.) Kornel Saláta (FK Rostov/Rus.) Radoslav Zabavník (1. FSV Mainz 05/Nem.) mid.f. Juraj Kucka (FC Janov/Tal.) Viktor Pečovský (MŠK Žilina) Ľubomír Guldan (Ludogorec Razgrad/Bulh.) Miroslav Stoch (Fenerbahce Istanbul/Tal.) Marek HamšÃ­k (SSC Neapol/Tal.) Marek Sapara (Trabzonspor/Tur.) forwards Marek Bakoš (FC Viktoria Plzeň/ČR) Michal Ďuriš (FC Viktoria Plzeň/ČR) Jakub Sylvestr (FC Erzgebirge Aue/Nem.)

chile vs serbia 1 @ 2.2 max bet :)
reasoning would be nice .... found the squad for chile El once sería con Miguel Pinto; José Rojas, Osvaldo González, Gonzalo Jara; Charles Aránguiz, Gary Medel, Arturo Vidal, Jean Beausejour, Matías Fernández; Alexis Sánchez y Eduardo Vargas.