Man City v Blackburn > Sat 25th Feb

staffy

Re: Man City v Blackburn > Sat 25th Feb Prediction: 2nd half have more goals than 1st 2.1 @ William Hill I fully expect Man City to completely control this game. They've averaged 56% possession at home, Blackburn have averaged 46% away. Man City consistently start slow (especially at home), then gradually increase the pressure leading up to half time and all the way through the second half. The first half of games has seen a total of 25 goals for Man City, the second half has seen a total of 58. For Blackburn, they've scored almost an equal amount in both halves (18/19), yet have conceded an extra 10 goals in the second half 33 v 23. This is presumably because they get tired or are chasing the game and playing more openly. The Toure brothers should be making their PL returns and we may even see the return of Tevez (fingers crossed).

Re: Man City v Blackburn > Sat 25th Feb Might be tempted to take Both to Score, since I expect to see plenty of goals in this game. Blackburn generlly know how to score goals, and without checking the stats I can say that they have failed to score only few times this season and odds on both sides scoring are better than Over 2.5 and even Over 3.5 Goals.

Re: Man City v Blackburn > Sat 25th Feb Blackburn has scored and conceded in all of their away games and with Yakubu I can see them scoring at least a goal against the Citizens. Moreover, the last 4 games between these two sides at the Ettihad (City of Manchester) Stadium produced the following scores: 1-1, 4-1, 3-1 and 2-2. I expect many goals in this game, but odds on Over 2.5 and Over 3.5 Goals are less than odds on both teams scoring which means that bookies believe that 3-0 or 4-0 win for the home side is more likely than 2-1 or 3-1. In my opinion it is not. Both to Score @ 1.95 (3 units) William Hill

Re: Man City v Blackburn > Sat 25th Feb Manchester City-Blackburn AH-2 @1,80 6/10 ladbrokes You can hardly compare the current City side with those of the past couple of years. This is the first season where they are very strong. Team should be full and I expect them to win comfortably against Steve Kean's side. City have won each of their 12 home matches so far with a combined scoring of 32:6 goals. They won all matches with at least 2 goals difference expect against Arsenal (1:0) and Tottenham (3:2, luckily as a draw would be deserved). For me this is a good bet as I think I will get at least the bet voided. GL

Re: Man City v Blackburn > Sat 25th Feb Manchester City v Blackburn Key Stat: Manchester City have won all 12 of their home games in the Premier League. Blackburn are aiming to spoil Manchester City's perfect home record but Rovers only away win was the famous 3-2 victory at Old Trafford and they lost 7-1 at Arsenal on their last away trip. City had been short on goals until another top class performance at the Eithiad in midweek where they swept former holders of the Europa League Porto aside. I expect more of the same on Saturday against a shaky Blackburn defence and with Aguero looking unplayable at times in the Porto game I'm backing him with a small stake to be the first out of the traps again. Over 3.5 @2.00 (5 units) BlueSquare Bet Aguero 1st Goalscorer @4.33 (2 units) Betfred

Re: Man City v Blackburn > Sat 25th Feb City back at full strength. Momentum is in their favour. No-one probably gave half a hope for Blackburn in this game. Looking at the odds of a weedy 1.178 for City is just ridiculous. There is no team news that is as significant as football deviation. It simply makes 1.178 in the English premier league unbackable. In La Liga perhaps a bigger contrast between the teams at the top and bottom, but in recent seasons it has definately changed somewhat, with Barcelona slipping up many times and the one I remember the best was a 0 - 2 loss at the Camp Nou against Hercules. Blackburn beating Utd at Old trafford will be at the back of everyones minds im sure, but dont get me wrong, im not saying blackburn are ever the favourites here. City can easily pop 5 goals in against Blackburn, though sometimes things just dont go your way despite playing well. Being unlucky due to variance will never see 1.178 being profitable in this circumstance imo. The question is, Can City win by 3 or more goals more than 54% of the time against Blackburn losing by one 1, drawing or even winning at 46% as a ratio excluding a 2 goal margin of +2.0 handicap? Imo marginal value on Blackburn. Though im sick of backing blackburn on handicap only to see them get 7 goals smashed past them.

Re: Man City v Blackburn > Sat 25th Feb They are too strong this year. If one player doesn't have his day than another will step up...Or another...Or another... Very broad roster. I do expect Blackburn to score too, with a final result smth like 3:1 or 4:1. Verdict HW&over3,5 @2,4 (at locals)

Re: Man City v Blackburn > Sat 25th Feb Paddy Power are offering money back on correct scores if 4 or more goals in this game. Correct scores on City to win with less than 4 goals (i.e. 1-0, 2-0, 2-1, 3-0) can be dutched with Powers for just over evens (2.03). So if you are sure that City will win, dutch these 4 scores for basically a free bet @2.03, with money back on any other City win. You could always have a cheap lay of City @1.2 to cover your stake if you have doubts about them winning. I have had a proper go at this. 20pts City to win 1-0, 2-0, 3-0 or 2-1 @2.03 - Paddy Power :hope

Re: Man City v Blackburn > Sat 25th Feb

Paddy Power are offering money back on correct scores if 4 or more goals in this game. Correct scores on City to win with less than 4 goals (i.e. 1-0, 2-0, 2-1, 3-0) can be dutched with Powers for just over evens (2.03). So if you are sure that City will win, dutch these 4 scores for basically a free bet @2.03, with money back on any other City win. You could always have a cheap lay of City @1.2 to cover your stake if you have doubts about them winning. I have had a proper go at this. 20pts City to win 1-0, 2-0, 3-0 or 2-1 @2.03 - Paddy Power :hope
PP are crazy sometimes with these promotions, though they somehow completely hate me and have limited me to something ridiculous like £19.24. Anything that PP offers with hard arb value I doubt you'll get anything more than a couple hundred on it, and usually limit people who bet that much on it. Not trying to be a hater guys, though ill be extremely suprised that you dont get limited/get a closed account after taking things like this heavily, especially with big overbets of 20 units!

PP are crazy sometimes with these promotions, though they somehow completely hate me and have limited me to something ridiculous like £19.24. Anything that PP offers with hard arb value I doubt you'll get anything more than a couple hundred on it, and usually limit people who bet that much on it. Not trying to be a hater guys, though ill be extremely suprised that you dont get limited/get a closed account after taking things like this heavily, especially with big overbets of 20 units!
I think theres a £10 limit on the Aguero bet, If you are interested in doing this one people the promotion runs out at 5 oclock today

That's the benefit of being within half an hour of a dozen shops!!

Paddy Power are offering money back on correct scores if 4 or more goals in this game. Correct scores on City to win with less than 4 goals (i.e. 1-0, 2-0, 2-1, 3-0) can be dutched with Powers for just over evens (2.03). So if you are sure that City will win, dutch these 4 scores for basically a free bet @2.03, with money back on any other City win. You could always have a cheap lay of City @1.2 to cover your stake if you have doubts about them winning. I have had a proper go at this. 20pts City to win 1-0, 2-0, 3-0 or 2-1 @2.03 - Paddy Power :hope
What does ''dutched'' mean? :$

What does ''dutched'' mean? :$
It's where you split your stake across two or more possibilities, and shows the potential return if any of them wins. For example in a horse race No 1 is 3/1 and No 2 is 3/1 and you have €10 on each. Your stake is €20 and your return if either wins is €40. So you would say No 1 & 2 dutched pays evens. Where the prices for each selection are different, you adjust your stake accordingly, to guarantee the same profit regarless of which wins. The are plenty of dutching calculators available on the net

Re: Man City v Blackburn > Sat 25th Feb Manchester City AH -2.5 @2.3 paddypower Manchester City over 3.5 goals @ 2.7 paddypower M.City is my banker bet for today the only question for me is by how much will em seal it??? Tevez back in training but question remains bout when he'll join? Toure will be back and the likes of Ballotelli,Dzeko,Silva,Kompany,Nasri and in-form Kun Aguero(assigned man of the match against PORTO), Blackburn will just have to limit the damage!!! Both the Manchester's are in "should-win" mode for the title...no excuses..any mistake will be fatal for any one of em..the world knows that.. So they'll have to secure situations and Blackburn coming to them is a big opportunity to take the 3 points and praying for Norwich to hold United on the other side.. They almost destroyed the last europa league cup holder PORTO with a 4-0 earlier this week and what can help Blackburn are some tired legs from their opponents but still think that they'll just have to limit the damage!!

Re: Man City v Blackburn > Sat 25th Feb Under 3.5 @ 1.93 pinnacle Man City should win this, but winning by 3 goals or more is not that likely given that the mid week win over Porto may have taken something out of them. Mancini has said that the players need to trat each games as a final if they are to win the title, but the players will be happy to take a two goal lead and relax on it. They have been very good at home this season, scoring 3 goals in 4 of their last 5 home games, but only against Tottenham, where they won 3-2, has there been 4 goals or more scored in these last 5 home games. Blackburn know that they cannot open themselves up and allow Man City to stroll through their defence, so expect them to play tight and deep, and look to frustrate City here. While the class of Man City should get them the win, doubt that the players will be looking to overly exert themselves in this game, and look to stay fresh in the run in to the title. Season record: 118-136 (+23.98)

Re: Man City v Blackburn > Sat 25th Feb when I look at Blackburn results away from home and I consider City's attacking power then I think >5.5 match goals @5.5 is the best shout :lol however, I wouldn't be so sure if Blackburn will score. City kept a clean sheet in 7 of their 12 home games, and they come into this one with a full squad. Blackburn play offensively no matter if they play at home or away, but e.g. against Arsenal they were so poor, having registered only one shot on target if I remember correctly - Pedersen's free kick. They created virtually nothing back then. Now they face an uphill task against a solid City defence, and as much as they may score, I think it's better to go for >3.5 match goals rather than btts, both trading around evens (as the only difference is an unlikely 1-1 draw or 2-1 scoreline to either side that looses the >3.5 bet, and the match may well end with a 4-0 scoreline). But I'd go beyond that, as I think City will take the most of the poor Blackburn defence, who will be without Samba yet again. over 3.5 match goals @2 8/10 pts City team goals >4.5 @5 5/10pts City team goals >5.5 @10 1/10 pts all bet365

Re: Man City v Blackburn > Sat 25th Feb Although I support Liverpool, the team that this year I love most in the Premiership for the good and stable return on bets is Manchester City (especially for their home shape). This afternoon, I see another chance for big cash-in on City's game at Etihad. At first, i was thinking about going for a AH, given the great defense at home for Man City. However, I think that City&Over3.5 is somehow more tempting, because in this case Blackburn's goal(s) will be also working for my cause. And Blackburn do love scoring goals (as well as conceding). I expect something like 3:1 or 4:1 as a result from this encounter. Manchester City over 3.5 goals @ 2.7 Paddypower

Re: Man City v Blackburn > Sat 25th Feb Paul, I know what u mean, I do agree with you. That's the only reason which still makes me think between relying on this single bet, or backing it up with some other bets. The big risk with this bets is that often the favorite totally slows down the tempo after the second/third goal. Regarding, this game, I rely on two things. The first one I already mentioned - Blackburn's contribution to this bet with a goal. And the second - the fierce competition of four top strikers in City's attack, which now become even five with Tevez' return. In this way, the substitutes (who are players of great value and class) are very motivated to push for goals even when the game is dead already.

Too bad I didn't see this when it was available.. Was going to bet on overs, but odds are very short @ 1.80 OVER 3.5 :lol

Manchester City-Blackburn AH-2 @1' date=80 6/10 ladbrokes You can hardly compare the current City side with those of the past couple of years. This is the first season where they are very strong. Team should be full and I expect them to win comfortably against Steve Kean's side. City have won each of their 12 home matches so far with a combined scoring of 32:6 goals. They won all matches with at least 2 goals difference expect against Arsenal (1:0) and Tottenham (3:2, luckily as a draw would be deserved). For me this is a good bet as I think I will get at least the bet voided. GL
3:0 +4,8

Blackburn has scored and conceded in all of their away games and with Yakubu I can see them scoring at least a goal against the Citizens. Moreover, the last 4 games between these two sides at the Ettihad (City of Manchester) Stadium produced the following scores: 1-1, 4-1, 3-1 and 2-2. I expect many goals in this game, but odds on Over 2.5 and Over 3.5 Goals are less than odds on both teams scoring which means that bookies believe that 3-0 or 4-0 win for the home side is more likely than 2-1 or 3-1. In my opinion it is not. Both to Score @ 1.95 (3 units) William Hill
Awful day for me. All my bets lost :wall

Under 3.5 @ 1.93 pinnacle Man City should win this, but winning by 3 goals or more is not that likely given that the mid week win over Porto may have taken something out of them. Mancini has said that the players need to trat each games as a final if they are to win the title, but the players will be happy to take a two goal lead and relax on it. They have been very good at home this season, scoring 3 goals in 4 of their last 5 home games, but only against Tottenham, where they won 3-2, has there been 4 goals or more scored in these last 5 home games. Blackburn know that they cannot open themselves up and allow Man City to stroll through their defence, so expect them to play tight and deep, and look to frustrate City here. While the class of Man City should get them the win, doubt that the players will be looking to overly exert themselves in this game, and look to stay fresh in the run in to the title.
:) Finish 2-4 for the day Season record: 120-140 (+21.71)

FT 3-0 Boom!!! :cigar