Cheltenham Chat

Re: Cheltenham Chat

Pearl Swan looked pretty unlucky there. He was making relentless progress when coming down at the last
That's what I was thinking, but assumed that was just because I had backed him and had fancied him pretty strongly beforehand, so biased.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pearl Swan looked pretty unlucky there. He was making relentless progress when coming down at the last
I saw that on the overhead camera, maybe he he wouldn't have won though, might have just snatched 3rd/4th.

Not that Grands Crus would've won (wasn't right/didn't stay)' date=' but as it turned they might have chosen the tougher race :lol[/quote'] Yip, The Giant Bolster finishing 2nd says it all, no disrespect to the horse.

Yip' date=' The Giant Bolster finishing 2nd says it all, no disrespect to the horse.[/quote'] Time For Rupert 4th.. Knockara Beau so close. Just not a great Gold Cup. Long Run has had too much racing early in his career. Kauto is now probably gone? I would've fancied Denman if he was still around lol :)

Time For Rupert 4th.. Knockara Beau so close. Just not a great Gold Cup. Long Run has had too much racing early in his career. Kauto is now probably gone? I would've fancied Denman if he was still around lol :)
I thought Midnight Chase folded tamely. I would have expected it there at the finish if Knockara, TFR and TGB were there.. Tell you what, if What A Friend did not fall it could well have won that race... Credit to McCoy, nearly as good as Geraghty's ride on Riverside Theatre, was pushed along the whole race, skethcy jumping, but loves that hill. See the money on Kid Cassidy in the last??? 1 firm now 3/1, crazy crazy money going on it...

Time For Rupert 4th.. Knockara Beau so close. Just not a great Gold Cup. Long Run has had too much racing early in his career. Kauto is now probably gone? I would've fancied Denman if he was still around lol :)
'It's a good bet he'll be retired' says Clive Smith, probably for the best he owes no one anything. Was a bit of a disappointing race though so many genuine contenders running flat Kauto, BP, WA and Long Run a bit.

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom!!!! 1271065262-tony%20mccoy2.jpg
Nice tip Jimmy - well done mate. My heart goes out to anyone that just backed Chapoturgeon.... What a shocking ride - double handful just before 2 out and miles back.... Great finish ridden by the winner too.... 2 more to go!! It's been emotional!

Nice tip Jimmy - well done mate. My heart goes out to anyone that just backed Chapoturgeon.... What a shocking ride - double handful just before 2 out and miles back.... Great finish ridden by the winner too.... 2 more to go!! It's been emotional!
That was a pretty decent ride to be fair, just outstayed.

That was a pretty decent ride to be fair' date=' just outstayed.[/quote'] Really?!? He was literally next to last most of the way round - I think the Jockeys reaction after the line told a story to be honest... Mind you - am quite sure you 2 know more about the jumps than I! I'll get my coat!

I thought Chapoturgeon's ride was times to perfection. If he had won you would be praising the jockey for the ride... As Mileni said' date=' was just outstayed on the hill.[/quote'] Game of opinions!! I think that as a doubtful stayer he was bound to be held up but I think the tactics were overdone personally.... Bit much to assume I would be praising the jock though - can only say it as I see it. Good Luck with Kid Cassidy - he's carrying my 6lb penalty I'm afraid!

Re: Cheltenham Chat But he is in 7th just behind the leaders pulling double up the hill? Where is he supposed to be, front run? Was a good ride, horse is a non-stayer. Jockey did well to save so much on him. Different ride and he wouldn't even placed.

But he is in 7th just behind the leaders pulling double up the hill? Where is he supposed to be' date=' front run? Was a good ride, horse is a non-stayer. Jockey did well to save so much on him. Different ride and he wouldn't even placed.[/quote'] Maybe... It's only my opinion. No mileage in trying to change each others opinions - I'll watch it again later. Good Luck in the last:)

But he is in 7th just behind the leaders pulling double up the hill? Where is he supposed to be' date= front run? Was a good ride, horse is a non-stayer. Jockey did well to save so much on him. Different ride and he wouldn't even placed.
No! Obviously not!!! I don't think I was suggesting that!:lol

Re: Cheltenham Chat Awful first 2 days for me,thought no matter how much i fancy anything no big bets on Thur+ Friday, glad i did still don't believe the form this year is a reliable guide for next year.just seemed to me the first 2 days that many horses looked to be run off their feet. So many good horses never even had a chance of getting into the race and looked beat a long way from home. will be taking hopefully good prices for a few horses to redeem their reputation at next years festival.

Am i the only one that is happy Cheltenham is over? :lol
No mate. It's a great meeting but is way overhyped to me. Poor Gold Cup & Champion Chase fields for me too. Have to say though, today we saw another example of why the great AP is the best ever. We won't see another one like him in our lifetime. 2 unlikely winners, gave both very different but equally tremendous rides. Can't imagine any other jockey getting both of those to win.

No mate. It's a great meeting but is way overhyped to me. Poor Gold Cup & Champion Chase fields for me too. Have to say though, today we saw another example of why the great AP is the best ever. We won't see another one like him in our lifetime. 2 unlikely winners, gave both very different but equally tremendous rides. Can't imagine any other jockey getting both of those to win.
I can't disagree.. One jockey that i have got very fond of after this festival is Geraghty, he doesn't seem to make errors.. Ruby had a poor festival, even his ride on Boston Bob was a tad suspect in my opinion, i also felt he gave Hurricane Fly too much to do, no doubting he is a brilliant jockey, he has just had a bad week. McCoy is out of this world... I can't believe Synchronised only traded at a high of 24/1 in-running, he was pushed along and jumping raggedly the whole way round.