** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Cheltenham Chat

Re: Cheltenham Chat Was speaking to someone highly involved in racing. He reckons Tullamore Dew is a fantastic e/w bet in the handicap... He also reckons Vino Griego is going to go very well in the last........ 12/1 and 25/1... Cheeky e/w double for me

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Re: Cheltenham Chat I dunno - would have cleaned up if Hurricane had got up for 2nd(bookie offer) but personally, I think that Jason Maguire gave Overturn a brilliant ride - set it up for Rock on Ruby with the proven stamina but a cracking attempt anyway. No excuses as far as I can see - maybe Ruby could have taken closer order but I think the best horse on the day won...

Re: Cheltenham Chat Had a nice Anti post bet on HF and thought during the race HF should get a lot closer as you could see the leaders wern't struggling, fast going they might not blow up as they have in the past,but don't think it mattered in the end,more of a speed test today than a test of stamina.as commentator has just said,no hard luck stories.no idea what to back next year,if it comes up softer than today i would still back HF.

Re: Cheltenham Chat I was planning on watching Ch4 racing for the 4 days and then catching the last 2 races on the laptop but I decided to order Racing UK instead and I'm so glad I did. No Big Mac for me, no Femail, no fat drunk Alistair or irritating stats and cliches like "They knew" from the fat oaf. They are full of hindsight after the races and make up stats to suit them that fit the winner. I turned over for 5 mins and it just irritated me so I switched back to Racing UK. Give me Nick Luck over John McCririck all day long. He might be a posh toff but he isn't annoying like the other muppet. What was C4 coverage like today for those that had to suffer it?

Re: Cheltenham Chat I think Alistair was off his tits today. McCririck wasn't as annoying as usual but still annoying, don't know why they still have him on; i guess it's for the humour when the punters pi** him off in the background. I also didn't like the old woman interviewing connections (Lesley Graham, just looked her up) She tried interviewing the wife of Sprinters Sacres owner, she didn't want to do it so tried walking away but as theyd just gone live to her Lesley grabbed hold of her and made her do it

Re: Cheltenham Chat I was stuck with C4, wasnt too bad, that interview with Caroline Mould was abit awkward and they seemed to pester Paul Nicolls aswell haha. Shame they cant show the last 2 races as thats where i had my money on and my online bookies account wouldnt let me watch it for some reason.... Havent watched Racing UK before so would be good to see if they filled the time between races better than C4 Oh and the commentators never picked up on Scotsirish either really

Re: Cheltenham Chat

I was planning on watching Ch4 racing for the 4 days and then catching the last 2 races on the laptop but I decided to order Racing UK instead and I'm so glad I did. No Big Mac for me' date=' no Femail, no fat drunk Alistair or irritating stats and cliches like "They knew" from the fat oaf. They are full of hindsight after the races and make up stats to suit them that fit the winner. I turned over for 5 mins and it just irritated me so I switched back to Racing UK. Give me Nick Luck over John McCririck all day long. He might be a posh toff but he isn't annoying like the other muppet. What was C4 coverage like today for those that had to suffer it?[/quote'] Couldn't agree more but not a fan of McCririck, still wish Cheltenham was still covered by BBC. How long has that lot been getting away with it.Allister rambling on as though he is writing a literery masterpeice,McCririck trying to be controversial to stand out and be noticed. if the racing was on BBC i would have never bothered switching over to ATR, found myself switching over everytime they started to annoy me, Ive read 3 horses died today,Don;t know the details but going very fast,they must not have watered as much this year.the argument for watering has been to make ground safer. horses going so fast over jumps means bad falls, well so they say. If this is the case can see Cheltenham watering a lot next few days.

Re: Cheltenham Chat Did RUK and Ch4 have different commentators? They mentioned Scotsirish straight away on RUK yet I saw others say it got missed in commentary on Ch4. They do well on RUK to get plenty of interviews. Before racing even started today the 2 show presenters were discussing the races and Ruby Walsh came over off his own back and gave his input on a few races. They get a lot of interviews from connections before and after races and don't need to fill gaps with the shite that Ch4 serve up. I like Francombe on Ch4 but the rest annoy the hell out of me. The replays on RUK are top class too, especially when they do a top down view and you can see a horse cut through the field. They didn't zoom in at the end of the races either, kept a fixed position on the winning post so you could see what was filling the places and finishing in behind. Ch4 racing needs a bloody good shake up, as does the coverage of racing on BBC. I could put a team of punterslounge posters together to present the racing and it would be 10 times better than the shite we have to suffer from these muppets.

It was mentioned on channel 4 but it was about 3 or 4 fences after he'd been pulled up!
Yeah he's a terrible commentator Jim McGrath, took him ages to mention Garde Champetre had been pulled up as well. Plus he called Sizing Australia Sizing Europe and got a couple of the fences wrong as well I think. He was placed on review in December and he wonders why. I don't.

Yeah he's a terrible commentator Jim McGrath' date=' took him ages to mention Garde Champetre had been pulled up as well. Plus he called Sizing Australia Sizing Europe and got a couple of the fences wrong as well I think. He was placed on review in December and he wonders why. I don't.[/quote'] Except Simon Holt is the commentator! ;)