Cheltenham Chat

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Re: Cheltenham Chat

i was thinking of setting up a Cheltenham preview night this year (mileni did something like this last year), thinking we need 4 or 5 panellists and the medium to broadcast it, was wondering if we could do via You tube for example loomg at certain races? not sure who else puts the early study in but i think Mileni, Mowgli, Fintron, me and Monterosso could put something together ?
anyone else interested in doing some form of PL preview for the members? We could go through the 4 days and each race in turn with main focus on the top races. what is the best media to do this on? MSN or facebook?

anyone else interested in doing some form of PL preview for the members? We could go through the 4 days and each race in turn with main focus on the top races. what is the best media to do this on? MSN or facebook?
Happy enough to do this if there's enough interest - relatively well armed with info for the bulk of the races. MSN probably easier - would just be a case of setting up a group chat, which can then be copied and pasted on to PL.

Happy enough to do this if there's enough interest - relatively well armed with info for the bulk of the races. MSN probably easier - would just be a case of setting up a group chat, which can then be copied and pasted on to PL.
nice one stewart, was thinking one night next week or the Sunday prior to the festival possibly need 5 of us, so another 3.

Re: Cheltenham Chat I am now officially buzzing for Cheltenham now! Got the whole week off work so it's going to be a great week. Placed my first bet on the festival today as well, quite early for me to be honest as I don't usually place any bets until around a week before! Hope everybody has a very profitable one!

Re: Cheltenham Chat When will trainers make decisions on what races they are going for? Wanted to put a few bets on this weekend but theres just too many horses entered in all the races for me to look through. Ps. I know it said no horse talk but is there any chance Grand Crus will go for the GC?

When will trainers make decisions on what races they are going for? Wanted to put a few bets on this weekend but theres just too many horses entered in all the races for me to look through. Ps. I know it said no horse talk but is there any chance Grand Crus will go for the GC?
Grand crus could go that route and not sure when we will get a decision yes it is frustrating, ive got 1 horse in 3 races at the moment over 2m, 2m5f and 3m !!! Its a decent 2 miler so why the other 2 entries!!!

I am now officially buzzing for Cheltenham now! Got the whole week off work so it's going to be a great week. Placed my first bet on the festival today as well, quite early for me to be honest as I don't usually place any bets until around a week before! Hope everybody has a very profitable one!
Got the whole week off as usual myself. Going Tuesday and Thursday and may go Friday if I have the stamina or any cash left!! It can't come quick enough and good to luck everyone who's going, watching or punting.

Re: Cheltenham Chat checked the weather looks like rain for the 3 - 4 days before the festival in places so that will give us good-soft i feel for day 1 with sunny spells all week but on the colder side, so may end up good if the sun dries it up a bit

Re: Cheltenham Chat I think Peddlers is one to steer clear off - has not run for 79 days - I think that is also a -ve as well - McCain seems very downbeat and I suppose he is hoping class will out over the longer 2M 4f distance . I hate it when you get negative stuff regarding a fancied horse - I guess if he does an upbeat comment on the day of the race he is worth a tickle I mean look at what happened with Binocular when he won the champion .

Re: Cheltenham Chat missed the 5/4 Hurricane Fly and 2/1 double with Quevega - I really think these two are outstanding bets - I know Binocular is flying but I still think Hurricane will do it and The horses against Quevega are muddling .

Re: Cheltenham Chat is long run going to run ? i took this from face-book The Cheltenham Gold Cup rumour mill went into overdrive on Monday night and Tuesday morning as reigning champion Long Run was eased in the betting for the race. Less than one week after Kauto Star was reportedly 50/50 for the race after a heavy fall when schooling, Long Run has now drifted on the exchanges, hitting over 3.5 (5/2) before settling at 3.1 on >Betfair. Racing fans will be hoping that nothing has gone amiss with Nicky Henderson’s stable star, but in all likelihood the drift could have something to do with encouraging bulletins coming out of the Nicholls stable over Kauto Star and a decision on Grand Crus’ participation in the race. Grand Crus drifted to an alarming 8.00 (7/1) on Betfair for the RSA Chase on Monday evening which would suggest that the Pipe yard are looking to run the ultra-talented chaser in the Gold Cup. He is currently available to back at 9.2 for the Gold Cup, but of more concern to punters may be the fact that Ladbrokes and William Hill both suspended their betting on the race. Head to Ladbrokes now to see all the latest odds and betting ahead of the 2012 Cheltenham Gold Cup. off facebook

Re: Cheltenham Chat Can someone recommend somewhere to park within walking distance of the racecourse? I've opted to drive as trains are a bit of a nightmare from where I live but been reading that it can take forever to get out of the racecourse car parks, so was going to find some street parking if theres any around. Also what's the best mate enclosure like for viewing? I'm still a bit sceptical about going and debating whether or not to just stay at home so I can catch all the racing with no bother on the tv! Thanks.

Can someone recommend somewhere to park within walking distance of the racecourse? I've opted to drive as trains are a bit of a nightmare from where I live but been reading that it can take forever to get out of the racecourse car parks, so was going to find some street parking if theres any around. Also what's the best mate enclosure like for viewing? I'm still a bit sceptical about going and debating whether or not to just stay at home so I can catch all the racing with no bother on the tv! Thanks.
Speaking as a Cheltenham regular and live there. Best Mate enclosure is one to stay clear of IMO. Go for Tatts or Club. Parking wise - yes avoid the course. Park in town and walk in.

Re: Cheltenham Chat I like the Best Mate enclosure and actually think its great value for money, obviously its not as good as Tatts or Club but you get whay you pay for and not everyone can afford to pay £70 for a Club ticket. What I will say though is if you have never been its worth going to experience it all but otherwise I would be quite happy to watch it all on TV. I am only going this year because I won free tickets on here otherwise I wouldnt bother although if Kauto were to run and win next Friday I would love to be there.

Re: Cheltenham Chat bought a copy of the weekender today must say the best edition i have bought in a long time [ obviously really seeing its cheltenham next week] its an 120 page special preview edition this week its previewing tuesday and wednesdays races also king. henderson and mullins talk about there runners for the week only thing i noticed its gone up from £1.50 to £1.70 but fantastic read,also i went and got a copy of cheltenhams ultimate guide for £2.99 from wh smiths

Re: Cheltenham Chat Got the Weekender today although not looked at it yet but was too surprised to see the price rise. I mainly get it for the point-to-point stuff, but would have got it this week anyway. Having said that they tried to charge me £4 for it in Tesco's. I havent been able to find the special Cheltenham Weekender anywhere this year and given Ive been into a few places in London looking for it I am a bit surprised not to have found it. I usually buy it, but unless I see in the next couple of days I wont be bothering this year.

Re: Cheltenham Chat i wont be backing any of the so called bankers next week, anyone else just not worth backing a horse odds on at the festival now. Saying that if Grand Crus lines up in the RSA, i will consider it. THe others are worth taking on although possibly for 1st time wont find a bet in the Champion Hurdle or World Hurdle. Its over to the trends i think to see what they throw up but i know The fly and B Bucks will now be well in on the trends as well.