Serie B - 31 January

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR] [TH=class: firstColumn, align: left]Tuesday 31 January 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Ascoli v Nocerina (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.04[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]105.27 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Bari v Padova (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.25[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]103.03 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Brescia v Juve Stabia (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.94[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.75[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]103.85 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Cittadella v Sassuolo (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.45[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]104.32 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Crotone v Pescara (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.65[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.15[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.48 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Hellas Verona v Grosseto (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.9[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]105.85 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Livorno v Varese (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.05[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.35[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]104.30 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Modena v AlbinoLeffe (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.03[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.2[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]103.37 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Reggina v Gubbio (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]7[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]104.56 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Sampdoria v Empoli (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.61[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]6.6[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]104.83 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Torino v Vicenza (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.57[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]6.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]107.65 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Serie B - 31 January Some of the prices on this coupon are a disgrace! Reggina @ 4/7 V Gubbio, there's no way they can be backed at those odds, I was hoping for 4/5 at least given their issues in the final 3rd. Sampdoria are also stupidly short @ 8/13, Tavano returned for Empoli at the weekend and they now have Maccarone upfront also, I'm sure he will be desperate to prove a point against his old club as he had a torrid time there. Clearly Empoli have major defensive issues (the goals they conceeded against Brescia were ridiculous, particularly the opener) but the price on Samp is woeful and it looks like both the games I've mentioned are no bets. Brescia V Juve Stabia is a game that interests me, on the surface very hard to predict but if Stabia can get a couple of first choice defenders back for this match then I think they will be hard to beat. Brescia obviously in a fantastic run of form with 5 victories on the bounce but they came against teams that were either poor or out of form: Livorno, Crotone, Vicenza, Nocerina and most recently Empoli. I think Stabia will be a much tougher test, the away side is currently available on the +0.50 line @ 9/10 (Various). Something to consider I feel but Stabia will need those defensive re-inforcements to show up otherwise Jonathas and El Kaddouri can continue their good work for Brescia. Elsewhere you can get Pescara -0.25 @ 5/6 away to Crotone. I actually feel this play could be quite dangerous as Crotone showed a lot of drive and determination in their last match at Stabia. Throwing away 2pts with the last kick of the game will be a psychological blow but I thought their performance was encouraging. I think it will require some luck and they have to hope Pescara have an off day if they are to get something from the game but Pescara have won 5 on the bounce and I don't always like to back these consecutive runs to continue. Even so there is a massive gulf in class and Pescara on the -0.25 line @ 5/6 is something to consider here. Hellas Verona currently available at 10/11, some personnel problems for them at the momment which explains the price but I think this one should be monitered closely. Modena -0.25 @ 8/11 - I think the bookies have priced this correctly so not quite takeable yet but maybe one for the in-play markets depending on news.

Re: Serie B - 31 January Ascoli - Novara I see this one again as a goal fest. Both teams will form atacking formations, i already worte about that Nocerina has again Auteri back, that means attack and 3 man defence. Ascoli surely with 4-4-2 and both teams need points to climb the table. Really dont see tactical duel here and goals should be scored. over 2.25 @ 1.99 sbobet Reggina - Gubbio I expected some +0.5 on Gubbio, now this handicap, saw last game against sampdoria and Gubbio was clearly the better team, they also lost only once in last six, unlucky with last minute goal. Clearly the position they are in is not justified as they are playing much better. Reggina after Gregucci took over, looks like a confused team and playing badly in my opinion. It seems that coach is still looking for the right recipe. No need to write essays here, we got -1 on Pescara against Modena on friday, and Pescara is a top team, now books want us to believe Reggina deserves -1 agaist Gubbio? No way, excellent hcp, odds went down already from 1.94 t o1..85, i expect lower hcp by the kick off. Gubbio +1 @ 1.85 sbobet

Re: Serie B - 31 January

Some of the prices on this coupon are a disgrace! Reggina @ 4/7 V Gubbio, there's no way they can be backed at those odds, I was hoping for 4/5 at least given their issues in the final 3rd. Sampdoria are also stupidly short @ 8/13, Tavano returned for Empoli at the weekend and they now have Maccarone upfront also, I'm sure he will be desperate to prove a point against his old club as he had a torrid time there. Clearly Empoli have major defensive issues (the goals they conceeded against Brescia were ridiculous, particularly the opener) but the price on Samp is woeful and it looks like both the games I've mentioned are no bets. Brescia V Juve Stabia is a game that interests me, on the surface very hard to predict but if Stabia can get a couple of first choice defenders back for this match then I think they will be hard to beat. Brescia obviously in a fantastic run of form with 5 victories on the bounce but they came against teams that were either poor or out of form: Livorno, Crotone, Vicenza, Nocerina and most recently Empoli. I think Stabia will be a much tougher test, the away side is currently available on the +0.50 line @ 9/10 (Various). Something to consider I feel but Stabia will need those defensive re-inforcements to show up otherwise Jonathas and El Kaddouri can continue their good work for Brescia. Elsewhere you can get Pescara -0.25 @ 5/6 away to Crotone. I actually feel this play could be quite dangerous as Crotone showed a lot of drive and determination in their last match at Stabia. Throwing away 2pts with the last kick of the game will be a psychological blow but I thought their performance was encouraging. I think it will require some luck and they have to hope Pescara have an off day if they are to get something from the game but Pescara have won 5 on the bounce and I don't always like to back these consecutive runs to continue. Even so there is a massive gulf in class and Pescara on the -0.25 line @ 5/6 is something to consider here. Hellas Verona currently available at 10/11, some personnel problems for them at the momment which explains the price but I think this one should be monitered closely. Modena -0.25 @ 8/11 - I think the bookies have priced this correctly so not quite takeable yet but maybe one for the in-play markets depending on news.
Have to agree with Reggina, +1 on Gubbio is a gift. Also some prices dont reflect performances really. Crotone - it has to be said, that new coach exploited the missings at Juve Stabia, and Gabionetta was fantastic, probably best game from him whole season, but again Crotone crap at back, it seemed to me, that when Juve wanted to score, they did, seems that they slept over some 60 mins and after 0-2 begun to play. Verona - they miss two banned and Halfredsson is a question mark. will be back with more.

Re: Serie B - 31 January I think there may be some value in backing the away sides in these games at the current odds: Bari v Padova (Padova @ 3.0) Livorno v Varese (Varese @ 3.2) In both cases, the away side is higher in the table, in better form, and has an away record better than the home side's home record, so I think they should be favourites, but they are priced longer than the home team - http://uk.soccerway.com/national/italy/serie-b/2011-2012/regular-season/ I might well back these at the current prices, or perhaps back against the home team to cover the possibility of a draw.

Brescia V Juve Stabia is a game that interests me' date=' on the surface very hard to predict but if Stabia can get a couple of first choice defenders back for this match then I think they will be hard to beat. Brescia obviously in a fantastic run of form with 5 victories on the bounce but they came against teams that were either poor or out of form: Livorno, Crotone, Vicenza, Nocerina and most recently Empoli. I think Stabia will be a much tougher test, the away side is currently available on the +0.50 line @ 9/10 (Various). Something to consider I feel but Stabia will need those defensive re-inforcements to show up otherwise Jonathas and El Kaddouri can continue their good work for Brescia.[/quote'] Molinari returns at the back for Stabia but no sign of Scognamiglio or Zito. Danucci is not included but I'm unsure of how important he is to be honest. They have also signed highly rated left winger Tommaso Ceccarelli on loan from Lazio and he goes straight into the squad for the Brescia game. Azzurini, what do you make of this team news?

Molinari returns at the back for Stabia but no sign of Scognamiglio or Zito. Danucci is not included but I'm unsure of how important he is to be honest. They have also signed highly rated left winger Tommaso Ceccarelli on loan from Lazio and he goes straight into the squad for the Brescia game. Azzurini' date=' what do you make of this team news?[/quote'] I believe that Zito is still a miss, but overall, this game looks to tough to bet on. If i would go on anything here it would be a low scoring draw. Stabia not a bad team at all, both added some good players in, but last game Stabia looked confused as hell, started playing with some 30 mins to go, Brescia was extremely lucky with their goals, they were by fat the better team, but the goals they scored were both a fluke. A no bet game for me, if anything look for a value here. the others i took (odds now lower) Bari - Padova Bari missing trio of midfield they had two rounds ago. Donati went to Palermo, Rivas sold aswell and in form Romanian Stoian injured. Padova strong, despite they played last game like shit, lucky win for them. Also it is not a coincdence for Bari anymore, if i look only last three - Varese away - great, Modena home - shit, Albino away - great, should have won ene higher. Padova with quality attack, odds on 0 ah still good for taking. Padova 0 @1.94 sbobet Citadella - Sassuolo guests do look like they already have an Serie A team, playing good week in week out. Cita typical middle team, no worries with relegation for them, they miss Di Nardo - imp. attacker, Sassuolo from what i have seen no probs. I have to take Sassuolo here, beaten only once on last 18 or 19 games. But Cita did look very good in last game vs Padova, i expect similar from them, counter and sitting back. odds drifted also, but still this one is good. Sassuolo 0 @ 1.80 sbobet Crotone - Pescara Crotone improved, they finally played smt in attack. Gabionetta great in last game and i see Drago again counting on him. Also coach said that he want his team to play offensivelly "to excite the fans". No better time to do this as today. Crotone miss two regulars, def and mid. Pescara again, crazy coach Zeman, attacking whole game, no turnover was his words as the team is doing fine, so we will see Immobile and Sansovini, but no Insigne - injury. Still good options on bench for Zeman and Crotone still looks a big hole at back, which Pescara will exploit surely. over 3 @ 1.89 (huge fall already, expect some 1.7 prior to kick off), also -0.25 looks good for Pescara. I did also like Modena to win it, but coach change at Albino (despite i think this coach is crap) make me stay away from that game, Varese im still thinking about, im only worried because they are too bad in offence, but Livorno missing Dionisi (but bought Graffiedi). Verona game - Verona miss out on halfredsson, so i am not taking them on current prices, live bet here only option - also some missings for them, forgot the names now (too much to see and read in one day...) I am still thinking about Sampdoria game, they look like crap really. But, they have Eder now, BUT, Maccarone will want to kick ass of Iachini team as he was benched and transfered from Samp. also tavani back. I might think about Empoli +1, but the way they played in last game, total rubbish. Vicenza on +1 also looks good, they are hard to beat, but again, Torino creates shitload of chances, but fails to convert them, so this +1 might soon be too small. Toro plays better as results suggest, so probably no bets in either case - both playable probably (i admit that i havent checked team news for both games yet) in live. Be advised that this is mid week and often shit can hit the fan in those occasios, sadly, it is the card that i love, especailly as i love backing the away teams...good luck

You seem to know what you're talking about azzurini' date=' but somehow I always get a bit concerned when I read something is "a gift". I didn't think bookmakers were famous for giving away gifts :)[/quote'] To be honest, i really cant say what did Reggina do to justify those odds. Yes, they have better team, but are they playing so good for this kind of hcp? No way. The only worry is fact that Reggina has not won for a long time, so this might be the time to do so. But, again, looking only from footballing perspective and bettors perspective, +1 is one hell of a value, to tell it other way, if i could get -0.5 for Reggina with odds around evens, i would take home win. Surely the best value of the round (gift might be a bit harsh on books).

Re: Serie B - 31 January [TABLE=width: 100%] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Event[/TD] [TD]Sampdoria - Empoli[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Selection[/TD] [TD]Sampdoria (-1) (Asian-handicap)[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150][/TD] [TD][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Date[/TD] [TD]31/01/2012 (20:00 CET)[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Bookmaker/Price[/TD] [TD]188bet @ 2.02[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Reasoning[/TD] [TD]Serie B I dont belive Sampodoria will noit win for 6 time in row at home, right now they didnt won 5 games in row at home 4 draws and 2 losses, crzay for a good team like Sampodria. In last 10 home games just one home win! Home crowd is allready crazy about it, they wont a win and today it must be the day, Empoli is coming to town and Empoli is poor as poor as they can get, 5 losses in last 6 matches just one draw, 4 loses in row...on road lost 3 in row with average 2 goals per game allowed! [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Vicenza on +1 also looks good, they are hard to beat, but again, Torino creates shitload of chances, but fails to convert them, so this +1 might soon be too small. Toro plays better as results suggest, so probably no bets in either case - both playable probably (i admit that i havent checked team news for both games yet) in live.
Ebagua (back up fw, 3g) is out, while captain Bianchi (key fw, 5g) is close to going to some Serie A team, so the question is will he play for Torino tonight... On the other hand, Martinelli (regular df) is suspended, Rigoni (regular mf, 4g) he is ill and unlikely to play for Vicenza.

Re: Serie B - 31 January Ok, decided on Brescia -0.25, but due to bad odds i prefer to wait for live game betting here. Reasons: Zito and Molianri out, Mazzavila who is midfielder will play in defence, and i cant look away from El Kadourri and Jonathas partnership, which is doing brilliant. Brescia on other hand without taken goal in last five (same time as new coach Calori and new signing Caldirola). Bresica do miss Vass, again and Rini, but they will do okay without them. So, Bresica with odds over 1.87 on -0.25 hcp is a good, with 3-5-1-1 it sure looks like Calori will want to exploit missing of Zito for Juve.

[TABLE=width: 100%] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Event [/TD] [TD]Sampdoria - Empoli [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Selection [/TD] [TD]Sampdoria (-1) (Asian-handicap) [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150][/TD] [TD][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Date [/TD] [TD]31/01/2012 (20:00 CET) [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Bookmaker/Price [/TD] [TD]188bet @ 2.02 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Reasoning [/TD] [TD]Serie B I dont belive Sampodoria will noit win for 6 time in row at home, right now they didnt won 5 games in row at home 4 draws and 2 losses, crzay for a good team like Sampodria. In last 10 home games just one home win! Home crowd is allready crazy about it, they wont a win and today it must be the day, Empoli is coming to town and Empoli is poor as poor as they can get, 5 losses in last 6 matches just one draw, 4 loses in row...on road lost 3 in row with average 2 goals per game allowed! [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]
snow in Genoa, Maccarone wont play for Empoli, -1 far to high, i reckon one of the coaches gets the sack today. A no bet game for me.

Ebagua (back up fw, 3g) is out, while captain Bianchi (key fw, 5g) is close to going to some Serie A team, so the question is will he play for Torino tonight... On the other hand, Martinelli (regular df) is suspended, Rigoni (regular mf, 4g) he is ill and unlikely to play for Vicenza.
Bianchi benched, but no problem Meggiorini was brought and he was meant to be starter. The only problem for why not Toro, is mentioned getting the goal into net, they have the play offensive tactics, but luck is currently not on their side.

Re: Serie B - 31 January Crotone vs Pescara Signore Zeman is a great coach and for sure he will manage to put again this team among the Serie A teams where he was long time ago. Pescara is coming here with their usual philosophy of scoring as many as they can and for sure, more than Crotone. Pescara has great attacking players and I do not see them having trouble tonight! away -0.25 AH @ 1.95 with Pinnacle Sports

Re: Serie B - 31 January Brescia vs Juve Stabia I think the marvelous series of Brescia will end tonight. Juve Stabia are no mugs and they will come here aware that Brescia has powerful attackers. will play to get a good result and we might see a huge surprise for the people expectations from these days regarding Brescia. Juve Stabia managed to get good results on away matches and the defeats against Sassuolo and Verona will remain alone cause today they will get at least one point! away +0.5 AH @ 1.89 with 188bet

Re: Serie B - 31 January Cittadella vs Sassuolo Great match here and great chance for Sassuolo to consolidate their first position. They will play against a team that has 2 draws and 2 defeats in last 5 matches. Sassuolo with 4 wins in last 4 hopes for more and I think they can get it. They have been strong and determined. Imagine they have 2 defeats in last 21 matches, just 7 being draws. So the team mental is set for wins and I back here a win for Sassuolo! Sassuolo 0 AH @ 1.86 with Pinnacle Sports

Re: Serie B - 31 January Livorno vs Varese Varese has been great on away games and this is why they are so high in standings, 6th place. Livorno is unbeaten in last 4 matches, but I have the sensation will have a tough game tonight. Varese is a team that plays much better away than at home. Livorno is no way a good team at home and Varese can win the match! Varese +0.25 AH @ 1.86 with 188bet

Re: Serie B - 31 January Bari vs Padova Padova is a team that also plays great on away match. They smashed reggina 4 times and Ascoli twice. Bari is in a pretty good mood with just 1 defeat in last 5 matches, but at home they are win less for a while and will have a tough game tonight. Padova is not the underdog here and a win for Bari would be a surprise for me. Padova 0 AH @ 1.94 with Canbet

in one word DISASTER...i need to calm dawn firstly...
Don't dwell on it mate, I think you said somewhere in this thread that these midweeks can bite back, it's always a balance between maths and instinct and you probably blanked the instinct a bit tonight. A lot of very marginal games tonight and some wretched prices so it was always going to tough.

I think there may be some value in backing the away sides in these games at the current odds: Bari v Padova (Padova @ 3.0) Livorno v Varese (Varese @ 3.2) In both cases, the away side is higher in the table, in better form, and has an away record better than the home side's home record, so I think they should be favourites, but they are priced longer than the home team - http://uk.soccerway.com/national/italy/serie-b/2011-2012/regular-season/ I might well back these at the current prices, or perhaps back against the home team to cover the possibility of a draw.
Results: Bari 3 Padova 1 Livorno 1 Varese 3 I ended up backing Varese, because their odds were higher. They went out to 3.4 on Betfair, and I laid Livorno, and backed Varese DNB at 2.3. A bit lucky perhaps because if the odds had drifted on Padova instead I might have backed them - and lost. But fairly happy that both bets were pretty good value.