EURO 2012 - Outright Winner & Top Goalscorer

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Re: EURO 2012 - Outright Winner & Top Goalscorer I have been looking for some value in this tournament and may have found it in france at 14/1 with hills. In midweek france won 2-1 in germany outplaying the germans and leading 2-0 until a late consolation which apparently flattered the germans. Laurent Blanc has built a team of small quick players sourced mainly from the french league. Young hungry players without the ego problems associated with the superstars of old. He has players such as m'vila valbuena cabaye and nasri in midfield ribery played up top with giroud with benzema and remy to return. They have not lost in 18 games and are in a group with england sweden and the ukraine which they will hopefully top and avoid spain in the quarters. Looking at the prices spain and germany are 5/2 and 3/1 holland around 7 and england 10. Spain are the obvious winners, germany too short imo but a threat. England usually underachieve and holland price is about right but they are heavilly dependent on van persie and robben. Of the other teams there are worse 25/1 shots than portugal but they tend to underachieve and are in the group of death. At the prices i think france are a value shout at 14 with hills.

Re: EURO 2012 - Outright Winner & Top Goalscorer What happens with England may prove interesting. If Pearce gets the job, Sweden @ 81 isn't the craziest bet. Made a real statement in their last two matches, beating Holland and winning in Croatia. Ibrahimovic seems to of finally woken up in a national jersey, and with a potential wildcard in Guidetti (http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3284/euro-2012/2012/03/02/2942234/ibrahimovic-guidetti-will-be-swedens-joker-in-the-pack-at) who knows. Will be keeping a close eye on Rossi and Cassano's recoveries too. If they make it and are fit, Italy will probably be my pick.

• 1 month later...

Re: EURO 2012 - Outright Winner & Top Goalscorer i think the best value bets have to be spain/germany spain/fance and spain/holland in the name the finalist bet with the prices on offer all around 10/1-20/1 i would probably bet on every scenario with these teams i have selected really cannot see any big surprise in this tournament with the mighty england a big flop again we will do very well to qualify.

Re: EURO 2012 - Outright Winner & Top Goalscorer I'm taking two bets early for the top goalscorer. Benzema 21.00 I fancy France to win the group and get to the semi finals. Under Blanc France have been in brilliant form and are unbeaten in there last 18 games. Benzema has been starting games regularly for Real Madrid this season and scoring goals. I can't see him being this price closer to the time Huntelaar 21.00 Huntelaar was the top scorer in qualifying with thirteen goals (3 more than second placed Klose) and has nailed down a place in the Dutch side. With players like Van Der Vaart and Sneijder supplying the passes I can see him getting plenty of chances. The only reason I think the price is so big is due to Van Persies form this season, he only managed 6 goals in qualifying.

Re: EURO 2012 - Outright Winner & Top Goalscorer

Robben @ 51.00 BetVictor looks a bit tasty to me. :unsure
Definately overpriced Paul, especially as the Dutch could go a long way... Was looking at Pogbregniak of Russia @ 100/1 too, another man that can bang in a goal...

Re: EURO 2012 - Outright Winner & Top Goalscorer *France - 10 Points WIN @ 12/1 Bet365* I think the French come into this tournament with a far different mentality than the way they approached the last World Cup. Laurent Blanc seems to have the team very organised, they play for each other, they respect the manager, they are now playing the players that should be playing, they are good defensively and score goals, so France a bigger price than England? Yes please, that has to be value i feel. *Russia - 10 Points WIN @ 25/1 Unibet* Unibet are top price on Russia for this tournament, so i have took it. They won our group where Ireland had played them twice... Russia beat us easily in Dublin, and we got a miracle 0-0 in Moscow, don't know how we managed that. They had a couple of poor results in the group the Russians, but coming into this tournament, they have some top players, Arshavin, Pogbregniak, Pavlychenko etc, and with the Poland and Ukraine being so close to their country, they should have plenty of support at the event. I think they will put it up to any team in this tournament, and are value at 25/1.

Re: EURO 2012 - Outright Winner & Top Goalscorer Robert Lewandoski 41/1 - PaddyPower Top Goalscorer. Outside bet on the Pole who is the main striker for Bundesliga champions Borussia Dortmund. He has been on fine form since the start of the year and is the co-hosts main attacking outlet in goalscoring. They will be built on a strong defence so will look to this man as the main attacking threat in the side to get them something out of the game.

Robert Lewandoski 41/1 - PaddyPower Top Goalscorer. Outside bet on the Pole who is the main striker for Bundesliga champions Borussia Dortmund. He has been on fine form since the start of the year and is the co-hosts main attacking outlet in goalscoring. They will be built on a strong defence so will look to this man as the main attacking threat in the side to get them something out of the game.
I was also thinking this may be an option at such large odds, but wouldn't go big on it! Lewandowski should score a few goals this tournament but I can't see Poland progressing further than the quarter finals as they will have to verse either Germany, Holland, Portugal or Denmark, meaning he will have to score 4-5 goals in the 3 group stage games. If Poland do progress to the quarters then I predict them to verse either Holland, Germany, or Portugal and lets be honest all three of those teams are much better than Poland, so you would assume Poland would fail to score goals against any of these teams. But I think at 41/1 its worth a small punt!

Re: EURO 2012 - Outright Winner & Top Goalscorer Can't see Lewandowski being top scorer or anywere near it despite him being a good goalscorer and in good form for Dortmund. Poland have only managed 11 goals in there last 10 friendlies so don't see them scoring a hat full of goals. The furthest they can reach IMO is the quarter finals so he would have to score all of Polands goals to be in with a chance

Can't see Lewandowski being top scorer or anywere near it despite him being a good goalscorer and in good form for Dortmund. Poland have only managed 11 goals in there last 10 friendlies so don't see them scoring a hat full of goals. The furthest they can reach IMO is the quarter finals so he would have to score all of Polands goals to be in with a chance
Have to agree with you there mate. I can't see Poland even getting out of their group personally, for top goalscorer, you need a team that you feel will get to the semi-final's at the very least... Hence, i would agree with Paul that Robben @ 50/1 is a value bet, far better value than the Polish front-man @ 40/1... I think Russia have the ammunition to go far, and in which case Pavlychenko and Pogrebnyak both @ 100/1 interest me very much.

Re: EURO 2012 - Outright Winner & Top Goalscorer I think it's usually important when looking at these markets to set club form aside from international form. As obviously any player has a different set of players playing around them, and the tactics will often by much different. A player coming into this tournament in good form may not nesseccarily do that well in the finals itself.

I think it's usually important when looking at these markets to set club form aside from international form. As obviously any player has a different set of players playing around them' date=' and the tactics will often by much different. A player coming into this tournament in good form may not nesseccarily do that well in the finals itself.[/quote'] Fully agree.. Klose is a perfect example of that!

Fully agree.. Klose is a perfect example of that!
I'm preparing some Golden Boot bets and have my eye on Benzema and one of the Russians. So my question is, who takes penalties for Russia? - a glance through their qualifying games suggests duties were split between Pavlyucenko, Progynyak (sp?) and Dzagoev. Can anyone with Russian knowledge help at all? Cheers

or Kerzhakov?
Pavlychenko is their 1st choice penalty taker mate, Kershakov is 2nd choice. 66/1 is a nice price on Pav who has scored 20 goals in 45 Caps, very good strike-rate, and with him taking penalties even more positive. I fancy Russia to go far.

Re: EURO 2012 - Outright Winner & Top Goalscorer Pavlyuchenko is a great shout guys and I will probably have a bit on him. He will get enough games, is playing in a nice group and with players who will give him good supply. Anything above 40s should be took in my opinion.

Re: EURO 2012 - Outright Winner & Top Goalscorer *Arjen Robben - 5 Points Top Goalscorer @ 50/1 Ladbrokes* Agree with Paul that he is overpriced here. He is a very attack-minded winger that created a lot of chances for himself. Holland should go far in the tournament, and they normally score goals for fun, so with that in mind he looks great value. *Pavel Pogrebnyak - 5 Points Top Goalscorer @ 100/1 Bwin* I was going to side with Pavlychenko for this but i feel this guy is a tad better value. He has 7 goals in 24 caps which is a good return, but he missed a lot of games for Russia with injury. He has been a revelation for Fulham this season, and i have backed Russia outright, i feel they can go far in the tournament, and hopefull he is in form, if he is he may have a squeak.

Re: EURO 2012 - Outright Winner & Top Goalscorer not sure about Robben, i think he would be classed as overpriced if one of the other 2 strikers would not be playing but RVP and Huntelaar will also be on the end of things and although the dutch will score goals, can you see Robben outscoring RVP?

not sure about Robben' date=' i think he would be classed as overpriced if one of the other 2 strikers would not be playing but RVP and Huntelaar will also be on the end of things and although the dutch will score goals, can you see Robben outscoring RVP?[/quote'] Possibly... if they line up anywhere near the way they did at the World Cup, with a very narrow formation allowing players like Robben to cut inside a lot and shoot. Van Persie only scored one I think, yet Robben hit two or three.

not sure about Robben' date=' i think he would be classed as overpriced if one of the other 2 strikers would not be playing but RVP and Huntelaar will also be on the end of things and although the dutch will score goals, can you see Robben outscoring RVP?[/quote'] So going by your theory, no midfielder should be backed because there are 2 strikers in front of them? Mueller was top scorer at the World Cup last time with 5 goals. Sneijder was top scorer for Holland at the world cup with 5 goals. Robben scored 2 goals at the last world cup, and Van Persie scored, well, just 1. We saw in the champions league final just how many chances Robben creates. He gets the ball and goes straight for goal, and is in the form of his life. Robben has scored 17 goals for Holland, not bad for a winger. Van Persie @ 10/1 or Robben at 50/1, where is the value?

Re: EURO 2012 - Outright Winner & Top Goalscorer I have to laugh at England being as low as 10.00 to win Euro 2012 - quite simply, we don't have a prayer if the other teams even come close to their average performances. I'd lay England all day all year @ 10.00. I can see us getting through the group as it's a fairly weak group in all honesty, but if we come up against someone like Holland, Robben will turn John Terry into a pumpkin. He was too slow in the World Cup and guess what? Yup, he's even slower and more ponderous than ever. After Euro 2012, they should throw all the kids in and let them build something new together, the likes of Terry, Gerrard, Lampard are all done.

Re: EURO 2012 - Outright Winner & Top Goalscorer There is some decent logic in the above comments and I'm not far off in the thinking, with that in mind there is certainly value in Ozil for top scorer in the tournament. You don't become an attacking regular in a side as good as Germany and Real Madrid if you can't hit the target, he got 5 in qualifying and with Germany playing 4-2-3-1, he will get plenty of opportunities alongside Gotze (who will be playing I think) and Muller to get forward with Gomez being the main striker but able to play people in and very much a team player. He will be playing in a more offensive role than he does for Real and at 100/1 I think I can make some profit on the lad who has had his best season to date and should be well rested. Ozil - 100/1,95/1 - betfair - 1 point

I have to laugh at England being as low as 10.00 to win Euro 2012 - quite simply, we don't have a prayer if the other teams even come close to their average performances. I'd lay England all day all year @ 10.00. I can see us getting through the group as it's a fairly weak group in all honesty, but if we come up against someone like Holland, Robben will turn John Terry into a pumpkin. He was too slow in the World Cup and guess what? Yup, he's even slower and more ponderous than ever. After Euro 2012, they should throw all the kids in and let them build something new together, the likes of Terry, Gerrard, Lampard are all done.
I disagree about the Terry remark. Our lads perform their best when they're not expected to, e.g. up against the likes of a tw*t like Robben :lol Classic example of this is when we played Spain and everyone on here (including myself) were all over Spain. Lescott and Jagielka had Villa and the rest in their back pocket, and the same would happen if we met them again or someone else. If we can master penalties we can beat anybody :lol Terry and the rest aren't over the hill either. Look at Scholes and Giggs. It's all about good coaching.

I disagree about the Terry remark. Our lads perform their best when they're not expected to, e.g. up against the likes of a tw*t like Robben :lol Classic example of this is when we played Spain and everyone on here (including myself) were all over Spain. Lescott and Jagielka had Villa and the rest in their back pocket, and the same would happen if we met them again or someone else. If we can master penalties we can beat anybody :lol Terry and the rest aren't over the hill either. Look at Scholes and Giggs. It's all about good coaching.
Wasn't that game against Spain a friendly??? At home???