Tennis 8th-15th Jan

Re: Tennis 8th-15th Jan Del Potro was also rubbish against Kubot although the score really doesn't reflect that, Kubot took Del Potro to deuce on the argentine serve way too many times considering the difference of class between the two, Baghdatis may pose some problems considering his good form.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis 8th-15th Jan

PS: does anyone know if Paes will play without a constant partner this year? Saw he partnered Tipsarevic at Chenai and now he's playing with Stepanek
Paes will play with Stepanek this year, that's what they were talkin' about after their first round match in Sydney.

Re: Tennis 8th-15th Jan Okay, i think i had a good balance from yesterday en last night. Here the overview. Yesterday Isner was voided, very nice! (1/10) Sugita tb. Bemelmans @ 1.95 William Hill :nana (2/10) Veic tb. Farah @ 1.73 Stan James :nana (3/10) Pospisil tb. Millman @ 1.53 5Dimes :nana (3/10) Clement tb. Phau @ 1.82 Unibet :@ (3/10) De Voest tb. Authom @ 1.53 Stan James :nana (4/10) Schwank tb. Cabal @ 1.44 William Hill :nana (3/10) Sugita tb. Bemelmans @ 1.95 Nordicbet :nana (3/10) Kerber -4 games tb. Cirstea @ 1.90 Betsson :nana Kerber playing great the last 2 weeks and have more quality then Cirstea. Kerber had 2 easy wins in the first two rounds and i think this is another one. (3/10) Marti tb. Heliovaara @ 2.25 Stan James :nana I don't now why Marti is the underdog in this match. Marti playing good tennis the last weeks of last year with a 3 set loss against Tsonga. Heliovaara only play against unknows. I think that the odd is a little bit high for this surface, Marti like clay at most but i think he can win this match against the other youngster. (2/10) Rochus tb. Paire @ 2.45 5Dimes :nana (3/10) Almagro tb. Kohlschreiber @ 1.77 5Dimes :@ (4/10) Del Potro -3.5 games tb. Baghdatis @ 1.83 Bwin (6/10) Tsonga tb. Nishikori @ 1.44 Unibet :@ EDIT: ADDED: (4/10) Dolgopolov tb. Haas @ 1.70 Unibet And i forget to post my pick Barthel tb. Gojdovsova here, i'm sorry!

Re: Tennis 8th-15th Jan Sydney/ Hobart

tonight i lile kolshreiber to beat almagro.philip has a title from aucland(2008) and he generally goes very well here(w16-l5 carreer match record in this tournamet)i think these odds for him is huge value P. Kohlschreiber vs N. Almagro @ 2,26 (8/10):ok
total : + 8,73 units

Re: Tennis 8th-15th Jan Taking a couple for the WTA Sydney final tomorrow. Na Li +3 games AH vs Azarenka @ 1.980 (Pinnacle:5pts) Na Li to bt Azarenka @ 2.610 (Pinnacle:1pt) Not really getting the odds here, how can Azarenka be 1.57 favourite in a final vs Li? Am I missing something here? I personally think Li is the better player at her best, and she loves the courts in Australia, seems to be peaking at the right time for a good run at the AO I think. She has started the year very well, unbeaten in 2012, and knocked out Kvitova today in a 3 setter. She was getting blasted for a while in that one, but started playing great at the end of set 2 and then in set 3 while Kvitova had her usual dip. Attacking the return, serve looking better again too, crushing the ball in rallies. I think she will be dangerous over the next few weeks tbh. Azarenka is of course a quality player too, has beaten some good opponents this week in Bartoli, Jankovic and eventually Radwanska today who was gassed out in the 3rd set. Should be a tough match, but the odds look skewed to me, I'd have it 50:50 at worst here. H2H is 4-2 in Li's favour, also winning 2 big matches against her in slams last year. Last match she lost to Azarenka in the end of year championships when she was playing utter crap in those months. Not like that today though. GL!.......:hope

Yanina Wickmayer -3.5 to beat Simona Halep @ 8/11 BET 365 (Strength 6/10) A tad risky betting on Wickmayer these days as you never quite know what you're going to get with her (her loss against Errani last week being a prime example), however she looks to be serving well again this week and with a days rest hopefully she will come out firing again. She leads the head-to-head 2-0 and those have been comprehensive victories as well; 6-3 6-2 and 6-0 6-2(on hard court, like this match), so there is obviously something about Halep's game that she enjoys. The Romanian is very flakey, and as such I'm not going to read too much into her comfortable victory over Begu in the last round. Overall she hasn't really changed much since these two last played exactly a year ago. Neither have really, so a comfortable Wickmayer victory looks to be on the cards. :hope
WIN

Taking a couple for the WTA Sydney final tomorrow. Na Li +3 games AH vs Azarenka @ 1.980 (Pinnacle:5pts) Na Li to bt Azarenka @ 2.610 (Pinnacle:1pt) Not really getting the odds here, how can Azarenka be 1.57 favourite in a final vs Li? Am I missing something here? I personally think Li is the better player at her best, and she loves the courts in Australia, seems to be peaking at the right time for a good run at the AO I think. She has started the year very well, unbeaten in 2012, and knocked out Kvitova today in a 3 setter. She was getting blasted for a while in that one, but started playing great at the end of set 2 and then in set 3 while Kvitova had her usual dip. Attacking the return, serve looking better again too, crushing the ball in rallies. I think she will be dangerous over the next few weeks tbh. Azarenka is of course a quality player too, has beaten some good opponents this week in Bartoli, Jankovic and eventually Radwanska today who was gassed out in the 3rd set. Should be a tough match, but the odds look skewed to me, I'd have it 50:50 at worst here. H2H is 4-2 in Li's favour, also winning 2 big matches against her in slams last year. Last match she lost to Azarenka in the end of year championships when she was playing utter crap in those months. Not like that today though. GL!.......:hope
Totally agree here. The odds are pure value , and it's a well known fact that Li loves playing in Australia ,and the fans are on her side as well.Saw both of the semi-finals and if Li can hit the ball as deep as she did today I see a great deal of trouble for Azarenka , who hit 31 UE today,and Radwanska isn't as agressive as Li in her prime. NA LI for the win,6/10 stake , only 2.37 with Bet365 though:( ! She is priced even higher at other bookies. Also ,fancy Wickmayer to beat Peer.Watched Peer today against Chackvetadze ,and I must say that if Ana hadn't been injured she would have won the game in 2.Awfull display by the Israelian,getting outplayed even though her opponent was unable to move at the end of the second.Her footwork was atrocious,a cow on ice would have more grace ,her serve could not do any damage ,and her attitude was disgusting ,cheering loudly when her opponent double-faulted or whe she hit unforced errors .Things certainly didn't seem to be going her way,but now here she is ,semi-finals in Hobart ,playing a much tougher and HEALTY opponent.Yanina has won all of her matches in minimum of sets here ,defeating Erakovic,Dellaqua and Halep and I'm sure she can go all the way here .H2H Yanina leads 3-2 having won the last meeting at Indian Wells last season in 2 sets. Wickmayer -3.5 games ,at 2.0 odds offered by Bet365,7/10 stake.

Re: Tennis 8th-15th Jan Sugita vs Naso Sugita was impressive against Almagro and do not forget that won against Yen-Hsun Lu, Rochus (6-3, 6-4) and Rik de Voest! he thrashed Bemelmans as I predicted. Naso was lucky to beat Reid! Offered 15 break chances and had 15 break chances. Sugita had no ace, had 78% points won from the first serve and a 51% when returning! Sugita 2-0 @ 1.80 must be another mistake of the bookmaker Stan James

Taking a couple for the WTA Sydney final tomorrow. Na Li +3 games AH vs Azarenka @ 1.980 (Pinnacle:5pts) Na Li to bt Azarenka @ 2.610 (Pinnacle:1pt) Not really getting the odds here, how can Azarenka be 1.57 favourite in a final vs Li? Am I missing something here? I personally think Li is the better player at her best, and she loves the courts in Australia, seems to be peaking at the right time for a good run at the AO I think. She has started the year very well, unbeaten in 2012, and knocked out Kvitova today in a 3 setter. She was getting blasted for a while in that one, but started playing great at the end of set 2 and then in set 3 while Kvitova had her usual dip. Attacking the return, serve looking better again too, crushing the ball in rallies. I think she will be dangerous over the next few weeks tbh. Azarenka is of course a quality player too, has beaten some good opponents this week in Bartoli, Jankovic and eventually Radwanska today who was gassed out in the 3rd set. Should be a tough match, but the odds look skewed to me, I'd have it 50:50 at worst here. H2H is 4-2 in Li's favour, also winning 2 big matches against her in slams last year. Last match she lost to Azarenka in the end of year championships when she was playing utter crap in those months. Not like that today though. GL!.......:hope
I fully agree the odds are droped already to 2,47. i jumped that train too with low odds although bookies are rarely wrong in such occasions("obvious" ratings for us punters) so V. Azarenka vs N. Li @ 2,47 (3/10)

Re: Tennis 8th-15th Jan Wickmayer vs Peer No match is like another, but Peer had huge luck cause the beautiful Russian Anna Chakvetadze that got injured. On the other hand, Wickmayer is playing a mad tennis winning 6-0, 6-4 against a pretty in form Romanian player, Halep. Great first serve, 81% of the points won form it and just 1 chance of break. Peer offered 8 chances of break. I do not want to gamble here so I will take the safest -3 games for Wickamyer. Wickmayer -3 games @ 1.80 with Titanbet Roddick vs Nishikori Roddick won today against Berdych and I was close to the TV to support him. Was hard for him, but I think everyone agrees he deserved to win as he had more inner motivation. I counted on that and now I just think he will build on that. Nishikori won against a player that seems he wants a bit of sun before the Australian Open storm, Monsieur Tsonga. Roddick will act like the favorite here and should capitalize a quick win! Roddick -1.5 sets @ 2.45 with Pinnacle Sports[url=http://www.oddsportal.com/bookmaker/paddy-power/link/]

Re: Tennis 8th-15th Jan Here are my picks, don't have time to motivate them now because i'm on the run but i hope i will when i get home. All odds at bet365 Denis Istomin - Jarkko Nieminem 1. 2,1. 8/10 Olivier Rochus - Philipp Kohlschreiber. Rochus +4 games, 2,1. 7/10 Peter Luczak - Frederik Nielsen 1. 2,25. 6/10 Javier Marti - Thiemo de Bakker 1. 3,5. 4/10

Good stuff Slider' date=' you've been quietly sneaking some nice winners in there since the start of the season......:ok[/quote'] Cheers mate. Yeah it's been a good start, bar the Fish-Berdych match, which was a classic case of 'reaching' on my part. Got the big one coming up so hopefully the good run will continue. Good to see you back on the tennis boards yourself, and I agree with the Na Li tip. When she is playing well she has Azarenka's number nine times out of ten. Think I might put her in a double with Istomin or something for small stakes. These WTA matches with the top girls involved are way too topsy-turvy for me.

Re: Tennis 8th-15th Jan After bizarrely not being able to find a certain bet from Thursday's matches (results proved that there were quite few strange outcomes) I have picked four that stand out in Friday's schedule. Angelique Kerber > Mona Barthel. 1.83 @ Pinnacle (6/10) Normally I wouldn't give more than 1.5 for Kerber in a match like this, so have to go for this one. She saved couple match points against Cirstea and that is always a very good mental boost. For Barthel you have to wonder have far can she go? She will be playing her 6th match this week, that's including qualies. Barthel is very dependant on her serve which is dropping quite obviously. Being tired won't help. Besides I think the experience factor should be counted as well here. This will be only Barthel's second WTA semifinal. She was hammered by Wozniacki in Copenhagen last summer (6-1, 6-2) and had made it this far from qualies. Kerber not as big threat as Wozniacki but still should be rated at lower odds, I think. Yanina Wickmayer -3.5 vs Shahar Peer. 2.00 @ Bet365 (4/10) Peer has beaten Wickmayer only in Dubai, twice. Other than that she has lost all three metings against Wickmayer. Saw both of their matches in quarter finals and obviously Wicky was in better shape. Really aggressive, not making too many errors. As for Peer, she really benefited from Chakvetadze's back injury. The Russian had like 5 or 6 medical time outs, including during changovers and decided to quit after goind a break down in the final set. She was leading by a set and a break and was barely moving during the 2nd set yet was not that far away from winning it. Wickmayer can be a mess sometimes so fingers crossed there won't be repeat of the horrible performance vs Errani (last week won the first set but then checked out). Na Li vs Victoria Azarenka. 2.46 @ Pinnacle (5/10) Neither looked good in the semifinals, so going with the one who beat stronger opponent. Li was a set and 6-1, 3-1 down against Kvitova but hung in and Kvitova in the end could not deal with the thought of becoming number one if she won this week. Li has got pretty good recored against Azarenka (4-2). Being a defending champion will be an extra boost. Azarenka has been poor against both Bartoli and Radwanska but in the end came out on top in matches she could have easily lost, especially against Radwanska. In the final's match-up Li has got better serve and if not making silly errors she will be good to match Vika on the baseline which very few people can do. I think there's no point in playing handicaps because if Li will lose she might as well lose big. Jarkko Nieminen > Denis Istomin. 1.73 @ Pinnacle (6/10) Could be a very messy 3-setter so no handicaps for me in this one but Nieminen should win, I guess. He beat Istomin over three sets in both of their matches last year and overall is better player. Istomin mentally very weak. Neither man has beaten really good players this week. Istomin did knock out Gasquet but everybody knows that Gasquet can beat himself sometimes if he wants to. Bare in mind Istomin failed to serve out the match two times only to win the 2nd set in tie-break.

Re: Tennis 8th-15th Jan @Slider It'll probably be a tricky one, 2 good players atm, but I'd take Li @ 2.6ish in this form any day of the week vs Azarenka, a couple of points down for the week so a Li win would be great to get me back in the + but as I said, I'd play these odds every day of the week in this match-up when Li is looking pretty good, thats all you can do I suppose, trust your instinct and look for some value. Pretty disappointed with myself for failing to get on her handicap vs Kvitova where she was again overpriced. Must have been 2.90 in that one which is wrong whatever way you look at it. Looking forward to the AO aswell, serious betting begins then. Can't look past Nole in that tbh, while the womens will probably be a tad more unpredictable, people like Stosur and Kvitova could win it but a first round exit wouldnt shock me either.......;)

Re: Tennis 8th-15th Jan Think this is a great bet for tomorrow ; - Fish vs Melzer : Over 22.5 games @ 2.09 Pinnacle (7/10) These two players have played each other 5 times with Melzer surprising leading 4-1in H2H, though none of these matches were last year when Fish really found his game. The one fact from the 5 games that really sticks out is each went to 3 sets and easily beat the above line. Both are good enough servers, especially Fish and i expect to see very few breaks of serve on a quick court. Again both had good results in their first game in this exhibition beating Tsonga & Raonic so they seem to have found a bit of form after a few shakey results each but with this line as it is even a 7-6 6-4 covers it so i'm backing it with confidence.

Almagro to beat Kohlschreiber @ 1.77 with Pinnacle:wall:wall Rochus to beat Paire @ 2.46 with Pinnacle:ok:ok Garcia-Lopez (+3.5) to beat Verdasco @ 1.80 with Pinnacle:zzz:zzz
Mixed results, hopefully GGL can manage to fight back against Verdasco and cover that handicap. Not sure whether I am going to play anything today, still looking through the quallies, couple of matches seems promising, so might come back later with that. Olivier Rochus made me quite some money this week, but I cannot back him against Kohlschreiber, since that is a horrible match-up for him.

Angelique Kerber > Mona Barthel. 1.83 @ Pinnacle (6/10) Normally I wouldn't give more than 1.5 for Kerber in a match like this, so have to go for this one. She saved couple match points against Cirstea and that is always a very good mental boost. For Barthel you have to wonder have far can she go? She will be playing her 6th match this week, that's including qualies.
Kerber needed medical TO in her last match vs Cirstea at the beginning of the 3rd set. Kerber broke for *1-0 in third, then lost 2 next games, and at *1-2 she needed medical help on her hand wrist. After that she looked pretty bad, Cirstea ran to 4-1* and 40-0* ,had chances to make it 5-1 but she eventually lost 5-7, although she was serving for match at *5-3 *40-15 ! All I'm saying is that it's questionable how that wrist of Kerber is feeling, and if we know that her biggest weapon is serve and forehand (due to her very bad movement) this bet turns into a tricky one...

Kerber needed medical TO in her last match vs Cirstea at the beginning of the 3rd set. Kerber broke for *1-0 in third, then lost 2 next games, and at *1-2 she needed medical help on her hand wrist. After that she looked pretty bad, Cirstea ran to 4-1* and 40-0* ,had chances to make it 5-1 but she eventually lost 5-7, although she was serving for match at *5-3 *40-15 ! All I'm saying is that it's questionable how that wrist of Kerber is feeling, and if we know that her biggest weapon is serve and forehand (due to her very bad movement) this bet turns into a tricky one...
Watched that final set! Was waiting for the Barthel match to begin because couldn't sleep and took a cheeky punt in that one. Barthel outplayed the defending champ there and the quality in that QF looked match better than that 3rd set in the previous QF. Barthel is very promising player, looks like she has hit some form and determined to go all the way here. Took her on a hcp +3,5 early this morning!

Re: Tennis 8th-15th Jan Very poor attitude from Garcia-Lopez, checked out after the first set and did not look interested. Too bad he could not lose in a TB :wall. Anyway, I like three bets. Once again, you have been warned. Istomin to beat Nieminen @ 2.30 with Pinnacle I would understand 2.05 or so, but not 2.30. He seemed to be the better player of the two throughout the week and the fact that he had two very close matches with Nieminen adds to this I feel, as he will want some revenge. He admittedly had a poor season last year, but he looks up for it today. Na Li to beat Azarenka @ 2.41 with Pinnacle Jumping on the wagon here, even though the odds are a bit smaller now. Really is a 50/50 match at worst, so do not know what this is all about. Na Li came through tought match against Kvitova, but that should give her a lot of confidence and this is a nice match-up for her. Nishikori to beat Roddick @ 2.50 with Pinnacle I get why Roddick is a favourite here, but this being an exhibition match I cannot understand 2.50 on Nishikori, who seemed well up for this challenge against Tsonga and did not give up, even though he could. Nishikori is an improving player, Roddick in a freefall down the rankings imo. Not that impressive against Berdych imo either.

Re: Tennis 8th-15th Jan Unbelievable match between Nieminen and Istomin. By FAR the worst I have seen in this season so far. Istomin made so many stupid errors, both guys plagued by small injuries, Nieminen served horribly. Comedy tennis at its best. Too bad I was on the wrong side of it this time.

Unbelievable match between Nieminen and Istomin. By FAR the worst I have seen in this season so far. Istomin made so many stupid errors' date=' both guys plagued by small injuries, Nieminen served horribly. Comedy tennis at its best. Too bad I was on the wrong side of it this time.[/quote'] I want to bash Istomins head in with his racket, incredible how many stupid stupid mistakes he made, especially that point in the first set tie-break, in the second set very first game 30-0 up on nieminem's serve, has an easy ball, comes to it and sends it a mile long. Not to mention all the other 1 mile misses Not enough words to describe how stupid Istomin was

Re: Tennis 8th-15th Jan Just a horrible night for me. I took Luczak with a small stake after the first set, his odd was 8, way too high even though he played very bad in the first set. Couldn't push the match in the decisive set although had a 5-2 lead. Didn't get all that annoyed there though, had a small stake, but Istomin managed to annoy the hell out of me with his moronic play, every time he came to the net to finish off simple points every single ball he sent it was at nieminem or in his reach, rarely have i seen such an idiot

Event Roddick A. - Nishikori K.
Selection Nishikori K.
Strength 10/10
Date 13/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.63
Reasoning Well Nishikori really impressed me two months ago when he defeat world number 1 Novac Djokovic and world number 7 Tomas Berdych to reach the final in Basel where failed in straight sets against Federer. Yesterday the Japanese produced nice comeback against another top 10 player Tsonga trailing 6-1 after first set, he took that match 6-4 6-1 in next two sets. On the other hand Roddick was stopped by Monfils in straight sets and playing for the 5th place really will not impress him. I expect seven years younger Nishikori to be more aggressive today, he will has very good motivation because is still young.