** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis 8th-15th Jan

Re: Tennis 8th-15th Jan Sydney/ Hobart

Juan Carlos Ferrero (-3) to beat Paire @ 1.95 with Pinnacle:wall:wall Harrison to beat Querrey @ 1.98 with Pinnacle:ok:ok Rochus to beat Kamke @ 3.15 with Pinnacle:ok:ok Cibulkova to beat Wozniacki @ 3.47 with Pinnacle:wall:wall Kops-Jones/Spears to beat Dulko/Pennetta @ 3.20 with William Hill:ok:ok Safarova to beat Kuznetsova @ 3.28 with Pinnacle:ok:ok
I know I should not be complaining, but Cibulkova was 4-0 up in the third set and lost six games in a row! She should definitely fire her coach for that "advice" when it was *4-3!

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Safarova +4.5 @ 1.75 is free - she did not lose a serve previous match and who is Kuznetsova on hard still overrated' date=' I also like Hantuchova @ 2.50. Too bad I skipped Sacha Jones.[/quote'] :wall Kuznetsova decided to retire her fat ass. But Hantuchova won easily! Schiavone was not good against Stosur, Sam was bad. :clap Won 6-2 6-2 Begu. If Wickmayer does not stop Halep, the Romanian takes the tournament.

Not such a great return for me last night enduring a bit of a loss overall but at least my main bet of Scheepers to beat Czink went as planned, I had a feeling Vera's price was a little "too good" but thats just the pitfalls of betting :unsure Anyhoo I reckon there are better opportunities ahead tonight so here goes:D 1pt Garcia Lopez to beat Kunistyn @ 1.76 :D 1pt Safarova over Kuznetsova @ 3.35 :D:D 2pts Montanes over Starace @1.65 and finally. .. ...:( 3pts Anna Chakvetadze to defeat Pironkova @ 1.78 :D:D:D once again all on Betfair, Good luck :D :D
overall a very nice return last night with just Montanes letting me down, Anna now into the quarters but she will probably meet Peer which will be a tough but still a winnable match.

Can someone please explain to me what you guys mean when you talking about 'points' and 'stakes'? Thanks.
1 point is just a unit you can use to fit with a staking plan. The actual monetarty value of that unit is your choice,it could be 10euro per unit or 100 euro or whatever you choose. To give you an example from my own picks last night lets say I used 10 euro per unit (point) then my results wouls look like this, 1 pt Garcia Lopez @ 1.76 (return 7.60 profit) 1 pt Kuznetsova @ 3.35 (return 23.35 profit) 2pts Montanes @1.67 (LOSS OF 2pts = 20 euro) 3pts Chakvetadze @1.78 (return 23.60 profit) so overall a profit of 34.55 or 3.4 points, if I had used my example from the previous night you would have had a loss however.

1 point is just a unit you can use to fit with a staking plan. The actual monetarty value of that unit is your choice,it could be 10euro per unit or 100 euro or whatever you choose. To give you an example from my own picks last night lets say I used 10 euro per unit (point) then my results wouls look like this, 1 pt Garcia Lopez @ 1.76 (return 7.60 profit) 1 pt Kuznetsova @ 3.35 (return 23.35 profit) 2pts Montanes @1.67 (LOSS OF 2pts = 20 euro) 3pts Chakvetadze @1.78 (return 23.60 profit) so overall a profit of 34.55 or 3.4 points, if I had used my example from the previous night you would have had a loss however.
Thanks mate, appreciate the help.

I know I should not be complaining' date=' but Cibulkova was 4-0 up in the third set and lost six games in a row! She should definitely fire her coach for that "advice" when it was *4-3![/quote'] had 7 won and 5 lost but 4 lost were on this site! :(( Anyway, you are a master of the art!

Re: Tennis 8th-15th Jan Sydney/ Hobart Taking a few for WTA Sydney tomorrow. Wozniacki to bt Radwanska @ 1.787 (Pinnacle) Both had sloppy moments in the last matches. Petkovic just cannot beat Radwanska and blew numerous break chances(3 from 17 which is desperate), Woz was down and out vs Cibulkova before coming through, she was broke 6 times too. Should be a mess of a match this one IMO, plenty of breaks on both sides I'd say, but have to favour Woz to come through. H2H is clear in her favour(5-1 to Woz only losing in 2007 when both were real young), seen her beat Aga even when she's not been near her best. She seems to be just that bit stronger and fitter. Wont be watching mind you. Kvitova -3.5 games vs Hantuchova @ 1.80 (Bet365) Was initially thinking of fading Kvitova here and the odds appear to show thats what the public is doing but I'm gonna disagree, Hantuchova has been doing quite well in 2012, and Kvitova did struggle against Dulgheru. But looking at the match-up, I think Kvitova can take this one down. She was a mess vs Dulgheru, first match here and it can happen, different conditions, plus Dulgheru can be a bit of a grinder on her day and get balls back. Hantuchova reached the final last week and has won 2 matches here already, good form but when you look closer it's not all that really....she beat Cibulkova in 3 and average Vania King last week, got by Serena on a walkover and Clijsters then who retired from a set up, before Kanepi demolished her in the final. Beat Vinci and Schiavone here comfortably enough, but both players are crafty rather than physical like Kvitova. I'd expect some improvement from Kvitova in her second match here, she has the serve and her heavy groundstrokes should take some time away from Daniela. She can of course throw in stinkers at times, but I think she'll win this one with a bit to spare.

today i ll try my luck against anderson.manarino's win is on 2,67 and i think these are pretty good odds to be missed.their h2h is 2-1 in hard but last time they met in johanesburg so kevin had the "hot" atmosphere to support him.in australia will not be like that and adrian deserves better odds than what they give him A. Mannarino vs K. Anderson @ 2,67 pinnacle(5/10)
nice odds it was:cigar +8,35 units ---------- for today's card i m with stepanek against niemminen-i ve seen stepanek in brisbane and i believe he is cabable for more than what his ranking shows (31).their h2h in hard is 3-1 for him and i expect him to fly easily tonight.besides it is clear if you read often this thread that Chechs know tennis quite a lot ;) and deserve all the trust of the world R. Stepanek (-2.5) vs J. Nieminen @ 1,901 pinnacle (7/10)

Re: Tennis 8th-15th Jan Sydney/ Hobart Fernando Verdasco-Carlos Berlocq OVER 20.5 games @4/5 BET 365 STRENGTH (6/10) Feel this line is a little low. Berlocq is a lower level clay phenomenon, who went on a ridiculous run at the back end of last season beating everyone in sight. It's fair to say he's not at his best on the hard courts but he can still put the heebie jeebies on the best of them (bar that beatdown against Novak at the US Open) and has taken sets off and beaten some very good players, especially in the last year or two as his game has reached a new maturity. Pushed Berdych very hard in Miami and beat Gulbis. The key here though is the utter mediocrity of Fernando Verdasco, who has just spent the last year or so in a trance it seems, winning the odd good match, but in general looking extremely lacklustre. He very rarely puts players away easily these days, and while he will most likely take care of Berlocq, I fancy him to stutter to victory. An up and downer of a three setter wouldn't surprise. :hope

Re: Tennis 8th-15th Jan Sydney/ Hobart Guillermo Garcia-Lopez vs Adrian Mannarino Fancy a win for Mannarino here as I believe he got much more games this year and he feels very comfortable already. Garcia-Lopez won against Kunitsyn, but his serve was very low with 64% in the first one and offered 14 chances of break. Mannarino had a 90% of the first serve points won against Anderson and 67% with the second one! Under 22.5 games @ 1.87 Unibet Fernando Verdasco vs Carlos Berlocq Verdasco does well this year and I think he will beat Berlocq quickly. 55% from the first serve for Berlocq is very low if you want to stand in front of Verdasco. This is what he had against Volandri in just 11 games played as Volandri retired. He offered 9 chances of break!!! He had won 4 break points from 8 in 11 games, I repeat. Verdasco was good against Lleyton Hewitt with 74% of the first points won with the first serve. Had 15 aces! Under 21.5 games is the call here @ 1.90 with VictorChandler Santiago Geraldo vs Nicolas Almagro Almagro is good, but he started not so well this season. Geraldo won against Michael Venus, but with 74% of the serve is not going to stand in front of the Spaniard. Had just 2 aces! Almagro lost against a good Raonic that won 17 points by aces. Almagro had just 4! Almagro needs this wins to gain confidence and will do everything possible to get it! Almagro +1.5 games @ 1.88 with Pinnacle Sports

AO 2012 - quallies AO - quallies 06:30 CET / Bohli S. - Niland C. / 1 / 1.45 / betsafe / 6pts Bohli is a big and hard serving swiss player, he has 2-0 allready h2h over his oponent irish Niland. Niland hasnet player for a while enterd here without any official match this season and swiss player has them allready 4 with 3 wins, and it all happend in past few days, he is hot and in form, I think his last loss was to happen so he can make to this qualifications! I think seeing their h2h and Bohlis form swiss player with destroy Niland in 2 sets!

Mannarino vs Garcia Lopez Mannarino played very well his last games. Good wins in the qualify round and the first round a good victory against Anderson (6-3 6-3). Garcia had tonight a win against Kunitsyn in the first round (2-6 6-4 6-2), but I think Mannarino in this form he can win from Garcia Lopez on this surface. (2/10) Mannarino @ 1.57 Stan James F. Lopez – Benneteau First game for Lopez this year. Benneteau make a good impression in his last game against Seppi. He won this easy with 6-3 6-4. Lopez his game like this surface with a good service, he can make it very difficult for Benneteau to win her. But, it is the first game for Lopez. (4/10) F. Lopez @ 1.88 Unibet Isner – Reynolds First match for Isner this year against Reynolds. Isner knows how to play against the youngster Reynolds and I think this will be a 2-0 wins for Isner. But the odds are not good enough to make a Correct Score or Asian Handicap bet. Unibet give a amazing line for this match, but I think this are voided later this day. If this bet still stands, he can play with full stakes! Another bookmaker give the same odd for a -1.5 sets handicap. (4/10) Isner -0.5 set @ 1.50 Unibet Stepanek - Nieminen I’m not a fan from Nieminen and Stepanek are not constant enough. But the odds for a win for Stepanek are looking good. Stepanek has a very long and difficult match against Malisse (6-7 6-4 6-4 wins) and Nieminen don’t play last night. But Nieminen had a very easy first round against Duckworth. As Stepanek fully recovered from his match last night, he can win this match. (5/10) Stepanek @ 1.60 Titanbet
ADDED! (10/10) Isner -0.5 set @ 1.50 Unibet I can't believe that this line will stay. Massive value pick if you see the other odds by bookmakers and the -1.5 sets line.

Re: Tennis 8th-15th Jan Tsonga vs Melzer I simply cannot refuse these odds for this one. Tsonga plays great and it doesnlt want too long matches in order to maintain his fitness high. He played great in Doha and won the tournament, winning against a very in form Monfils. Melzer plays now seconds match of this year after a 1-6, 5-7 against Petzschner. Regularly he is not a great server guy, but he is good on returning. The form of Tsonga makes me take this bet. Under 21.5 games @ 1.86 with Pinnacle Sports Fognini vs Gasquet Fognini was very lucky against Russell as he met a guy that had a very bad first serve. Russell won just 44% of his first serve points and offered 8 chances of break. Fognini had just 65% of winning pints from first serve, something better from what he is capable of. Gazquet was a train in the match with Verdasco and smashed him 6-2, 6-4. Lost with Berdych, but the Czech is really good. Expect Gasquet to pass the Italian quickly! Under 19.5 games @ 1.82 with Unibet

Re: Tennis 8th-15th Jan Sugita vs Bemelmans The Japanese played excellent against Almagro, I was impressed and he promises to be one to be followed this year. At least from my side. He won against Rik de Voest, Yen-Hsun Lu and lost hardly against Almagro having 1 match point or 2 (don’t remember well). Bemelmans had good matches last year but now he lost against Chardy after winning against some unknown players. In June Sugita lost in tie break in 3rd set with 16-14, but now I think he can get the revenge! He derves more this Japanese and I am ready to celebrate his joy! Sugita to win @ 1.95 with William Hill

Re: Tennis 8th-15th Jan This is becoming tougher with each day. Normal stakes everywhere once again, but I reckon there is value in everything here. Good days are usually followed by bad days (like 0-5 alright), so take care. I am in for another lollercoaster though. Again, you have been warned. Garcia-Lopez to beat Mannarino @ 2.62 with bet365 Ok, Mannarino beat Anderson. Big deal. Apparently that means that he deserves to be priced at around 1.60 against someone who has achieved much more than him and who is twenty places above him. Not jumping on that wagon. I mean look - that guy is still losing to the likes of Zopp, Andreev or Rosol! Nieminen to beat Stepanek @ 2.35 with Pinnacle Something is not right here and I am willing to find out. In fact, I want to find out. That match in Brisbane was pretty close imo, the result was misleading. Since then, Stepanek got injured and nearly lost to Malisse. Nieminen 4 easy wins against crap players. Phew, 2.35? Sign me in. Chela to beat Paire @ 2.61 with Pinnacle Even fairy tales have to end and Paire is living in a big one right now. People seem to be forgetting that this guy loses his temper more often that your average CzechPunter. Once again, overrating someone after a supposedly big win. Ferrero was not interested. Will Chela be? I do not know. But there is no way he should be priced at 2.65 against Paire. Rochus to beat Bellucci @ 2.97 with Pinnacle This drifted just enough for me to become interested. Bellucci is a talent, alright, but on clay. This is a hard court as far as I know and, last year, he was losing to he worse players than Rochus. The thing is, Bellucci is a hit or miss - a bit like Kamke in fact. What happened to Kamke yesterday? 2.50 shot for me, not 2.97. Starace to beat Falla @ 2.39 with Pinnacle Starace is not a great player on hard courts. But neither is Falla, who is shaky as hell and you never want to back him as the favourite. He is not that good, really, and Starace seemed to be clinical against Starace yesterday. A bit scared about the H2H match, but well.

Re: Tennis 8th-15th Jan When talking about Stepanek, it has to be said that he was already injured during his last match at Brisbane vs Dolgopolov. He needed physio help on court in the 3rd set due to groin injurie and was evidently not at his best at least (during that 3rd set). And if we add to that last night 2,5 hours long match vs Malisse, where he offered 10 bps to the Belgian, that just leads me to conclusion to, at least, avoid the bets on the Czech player.

Re: Tennis 8th-15th Jan Here i have some bets voor the Australian Open today. I don't have time enough for a write up by any match, sorry! (1/10) Sugita tb. Bemelmans @ 1.95 William Hill (2/10) Veic tb. Farah @ 1.73 Stan James (3/10) Pospisil tb. Millman @ 1.53 5Dimes (3/10) Clement tb. Phau @ 1.82 Unibet (3/10) De Voest tb. Authom @ 1.53 Stan James (4/10) Schwank tb. Cabal @ 1.44 William Hill

Re: Tennis 8th-15th Jan Had a look over the qualifiers and taken an interest in 5 of the matches. Will do the write-ups for these two now as they start at 11 GMT time. Will cover the others in a sec. Juan Pablo Brzezicki to beat Andre Ghem- 4/6 Bet365- (3/10) All 5 of the matches between these two have been won by the Argentinian, and he has only dropped 2 sets in total over the course of those 5 matches. Slight worry about his fitness as he retired in his last match over in Brazil but guessing that was just as a precaution so he was fit enough to play here which explains the closer odds. Usually it would be around 1/2 despite being on the hard courts, as Brzezicki plays most of his matches on clay, much like Ghem in that respect. Brzezicki has some bigger scalps to his name and he should win this if his fitness is okay. Bet is void if he retires but I'd fancy him here. Kamil Capkovic to beat Jiri Vesely- 5/6 Bet365- (3/10) Don't really understand the odds in this one. Capkovic is the far more experienced player whilst Vesely played just 3 matches over the whole of last season, losing all 3. The Czech is actually yet to win a match in his professional career so there's little to suggest he will suddenly become a world beater in this match. Capkovic also didn't play a great deal last season, but he ran Stakhovsky close at the end of last season and beat Go Soeda and Bjorn Phau so he should have too much quality for the young Czech here.

Re: Tennis 8th-15th Jan Forgot this one. Quick write up. Dustov to beat Patrick-Smith- 5/6 William Hill- (3/10) Dustov beat the likes of Sela and Gabashvilli last season so he can clearly play, whilst he took a set of Nishikori in the Davis Cup. Patrick Smith is one of the local players in qualification but he doesn't play a great deal and was beaten by a fellow Aussie who is ranked outside the top 300 in his only match this year. Dustov has more quality than that so I'll back him to come through here.

Re: Tennis 8th-15th Jan Wanted to take Capkovic as well, but the fact that Vesely is coming off an tournament victory on the futures tour scared me a bit. He won the Aussie Open juniors last year and he is the biggest young talent of the Czech Republic, so I would not be completely surprised by his win.

Re: Tennis 8th-15th Jan And the final 2. Bjorn Phau to beat Arnaud Clement- Evens Bet365- (3/10) The Frenchman isn't getting any younger and I wonder whether he has the game anymore to win these sort of matches away from the indoor courts. He was recently beaten by a French guy ranked outside the top 200 and a couple of times last year there were signs that he was fading, losing to some pretty average players it must be said. Bjorn Phau is certainly no world beater but I would fancy him to overcome the wily Frenchman here. He is actually rarely hammered by the better players and puts in some decent performances, shown running Raonic close at the Aussie Open last year and taking a set of Gael Monfils at the French Open. Not to mention he beat Gasquet early on last year and has already recorded a win over his fellow countryman :lol Dustin Brown this season. That should have given the German some confidence and just fancy the fresher legs to prevail here. Evgeny Donskoy to beat Joao Sousa- 7/10 William Hill- (3/10) Granted the Russian hasn't played a match this season so far but I don't see that being too much of a problem here. He had some success on the hard courts last season, enjoying wins over Mahut, Bemelmans and Delic which were good results for the Donskoy. He also beat some decent players on the clay, whilst he made the final in one challenger event, losing to Rosol in the final. Sousa to be fair can beat some good players on his day, but the form he has coming into this one isn't great. He was beaten in straight sets by a guy outside the top 200, which is a really poor result for a guy who beat the likes of Kamke and Kukushkin last season. On clay this would be a much closer thing, although Donskoy actually won their only previous meeting on clay last season 6-3 6-3, and on the quicker courts I'd give the edge more to the Russian in this one.

Re: Tennis 8th-15th Jan

Had a look over the qualifiers and taken an interest in 5 of the matches. Will do the write-ups for these two now as they start at 11 GMT time. Will cover the others in a sec. Juan Pablo Brzezicki to beat Andre Ghem- 4/6 Bet365- (3/10) All 5 of the matches between these two have been won by the Argentinian, and he has only dropped 2 sets in total over the course of those 5 matches. Slight worry about his fitness as he retired in his last match over in Brazil but guessing that was just as a precaution so he was fit enough to play here which explains the closer odds. Usually it would be around 1/2 despite being on the hard courts, as Brzezicki plays most of his matches on clay, much like Ghem in that respect. Brzezicki has some bigger scalps to his name and he should win this if his fitness is okay. Bet is void if he retires but I'd fancy him here. Kamil Capkovic to beat Jiri Vesely- 5/6 Bet365- (3/10) Don't really understand the odds in this one. Capkovic is the far more experienced player whilst Vesely played just 3 matches over the whole of last season, losing all 3. The Czech is actually yet to win a match in his professional career so there's little to suggest he will suddenly become a world beater in this match. Capkovic also didn't play a great deal last season, but he ran Stakhovsky close at the end of last season and beat Go Soeda and Bjorn Phau so he should have too much quality for the young Czech here.
some nice preview mate, out of them 5 five what you reckon your stakes be? your 2 best shots, that you think might turn up easily. i do tend to follow you often

Re: Tennis 8th-15th Jan Well the strength of each bet in terms of units placed upon them are the same and I'm hopeful all 5 pull through otherwise I wouldn't have placed them ;) But if you want to follow just two, I'd probably feel the most confident about Dustov and Capkovic. Dustov should have too much for the local Aussie, and whilst Czech has stated that Vesely did well in the recent futures, he hasn't shown enough for me to see any reason why he will step up to a higher level.

Re: Tennis 8th-15th Jan

Sorry mate' date=' but I don't. Took a look at the prices, but nothing jumps up straight away.[/quote'] Thought you would be tempted to take Safarova on plus handicap at least. No expert mentioned it, which didn't stop me taking my first tennis bet after quite some time and I feel I'll regret now.

Re: Tennis 8th-15th Jan Do not trust Stepanek when it comes to injuries, although I might consider doing something to Nieminen if he loses this from *4-3 and a couple of game points in the second set. Stepanek has been fighting the entire match, rebreaking whenever broken. CLEARLY not injured, so I really do not know what was the Dolgopolov match about.