** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis 8th-15th Jan

Re: Tennis 8th-15th Jan Sydney/ Hobart

Well' date=' 2-1 so far with Zvonareva losing, but Cibulkova and Kubot winning. Still, the two other matches are in great position right now (rain break again). Gajdosova is 6-3 *5-3 up against Morita and Marach/Peya lead 6-2 5-2*, so you would expect them winning in the end.[/quote'] On both of those, plus in a parley. Frustrating when rain keeps you from cashing in. The Marach/Peya call was amazing and a fantastic find on your end. Easy money that one. What a bookie slip up. Got to agree with everybody else here. You are starting this season red hot!! :notworthy

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i like an upset against Jankovits.Goerges has beaten up Wozniaki in Madrit and Studgart and although it was on clay this means this girl has the potential.the odds for her win is about 3 and it doesnt seem fair to me. their h2h in hard is 1-1. so... J. Jankovic vs J. Goerges (+4) @ 2,16 pinnacle (4/10)
lucky me the bet was canceled cause julia retired in the 2nd set today i ll try my luck against anderson.manarino's win is on 2,67 and i think these are pretty good odds to be missed.their h2h is 2-1 in hard but last time they met in johanesburg so kevin had the "hot" atmosphere to support him.in australia will not be like that and adrian deserves better odds than what they give him A. Mannarino vs K. Anderson @ 2,67 pinnacle(5/10)

Re: Tennis 8th-15th Jan Sydney/ Hobart Not such a great return for me last night enduring a bit of a loss overall but at least my main bet of Scheepers to beat Czink went as planned, I had a feeling Vera's price was a little "too good" but thats just the pitfalls of betting :unsure Anyhoo I reckon there are better opportunities ahead tonight so here goes:D 1pt Garcia Lopez to beat Kunistyn @ 1.76 1pt Safarova over Kuznetsova @ 3.35 2pts Montanes over Starace @1.65 and finally. .. ... 3pts Anna Chakvetadze to defeat Pironkova @ 1.78 once again all on Betfair, Good luck :D :D

Re: Tennis 8th-15th Jan Sydney/ Hobart +4.00 for me last night. Don't think I'll be taking to many more tie breaks to occur in women's matches, as the scoreline ended 6-1 6-1 between Dulgheru and Arvidsson :loon Mattek-Sands ensured a profit though so not a bad night/early morning. Not taking anything tonight as the prices look about right. Really tempted to get involved whenever I see a Shahar Peer match but can't call it really. She should win but how much confidence she has at the minute is anyone's guess. If she wins well tonight I'll think about backing her in the next round but happy to just watch tonight but GL to anyone who gets involved. :ok

Re: Tennis 8th-15th Jan Sydney/ Hobart I'd probably disagree on the Mannarino bet tbh. I can see the angle alright, he's played qualies here, big Kev pulled out in Brisbane to continue treatment on a knee problem. If he's fit enough to play the whole match tonight, I'd fancy him to take care of Mannarino who tbf to him is a limited player, no weapons really, average serve. Decent baseliner but I'd fancy the power of Anderson to do the damage there.

Re: Tennis 8th-15th Jan Sydney/ Hobart Chakvetadze based on odds favored to beat Pironkova?! Strange one if you ask me Chakvetadze is still finding her feet back on the tour while Pironkova has already had a good run of matches under her belt. Going with Pironkova to win this.

Re: Tennis 8th-15th Jan Sydney/ Hobart Will play a few for tonight/tomorrow, 3pt stake unless stated otherwise. Still feeling out players at this early stage so not staking too much. ATP Auckland - Anderson to bt Mannarino @ 1.543 (Pinnacle) ATP Auckland - JC Ferrero to bt Paire @ 1.515 (Pinnacle) Another player who needs the matches, Paire has qualified here but the guy is average and a few classes below JCF. Obvious risk of rustiness but if Ferrero was match sharp, the odds would be lower. ATP Sydney - Bogomolov Jnr +2.5 games vs Haase @ 2.020 (Pinnacle) Bogomolov just seems a tad long here, he withdrew last week with a sprained ankle after beating Volandri in rd1 in Doha, while Haase hasnt played yet. Both seem to be hitting in preparation for this. Bogomolov had some decent results last year, decent baseliner, Haase is a flaky bastard, can blast you off the court for a few minutes and then make tons of errors. Bit suspect in a few areas. Could be a tough match, dont think Haase should be clear favourite @ 1.5ish anyway. Few interesting ones in the womens which I am mulling over too.

Re: Tennis 8th-15th Jan Sydney/ Hobart If Bogomolov is fit then he should be far too consistent for Haase. Fancy the Russian yank to win that in three. Tough card, got a sneaky feeling Petko might break the duck against Radwanska, and Cibulkova is a tempter against Wozniacki. Nothing really stands out though, even though I've been angling more times than Carlito Brigante.

Re: Tennis 8th-15th Jan Sydney/ Hobart Well, having six in the end. Some VERY speculative bets though, so keep stakes low or be prepared for a lot of despair and frustration :lol It will be a crazy night and I might easily end 6-0 or 0-6, so you should be prepared for a mental roller-coaster if you follow. You have been warned. Juan Carlos Ferrero (-3) to beat Paire @ 1.95 with Pinnacle Yeah, yeah, shady line, but I am gonna fall into that trap I guess. On a normal day, JCF will beat Pair 6-2 6-2 on any kind of surface, since he is a good, consistent and classy player. On the other hand, Paire is a challenger-level guy that fails to beat better guys on almost every single occasion. If this wasn't the first match for JCF, the line would be at 4.5 at least and we all know that. It may be trap though and the bookies might know more. Harrison to beat Querrey @ 1.98 with Pinnacle Again this seems to be some kind of a joke so I am expecting a shocker, but Harrison is actually a tennis player, while Querrey has turned into a spectator last season and the fact that out-of-form Hanescu demolished him in Chennai seems to confirm that. Harrison was a bit unlucky to not win against Baghy, so I would expecting him to win unless he goes crazy again. Rochus to beat Kamke @ 3.15 with Pinnacle I am probably crazy once again, but do you really think that Rochus does not have a chance here? Kamke can fail against anyone and Rochus is one of the most persistent players on the tour, so Kamke will be punished for any missed volleys and unforced errors. I get the fact that Kamke is 5-1 for the season, but Rochus is a bit different than Levine, Marti, or Jones. Cibulkova to beat Wozniacki @ 3.47 with Pinnacle Not at 3.47! Cibulkova beat Wozzy here last year and has won 2 out of 3 last meeting, so tell me where this is coming from. The AO is close, so who knows how motivated will she be here. All the talk about Wozzy changing her game to more aggressive is nonsense if the Hopman Cup was anything to go by and Cibulkova can win this match-up. Kops-Jones/Spears to beat Dulko/Pennetta @ 3.20 with William Hill Right, Pennetta withdraws from the singles, but somehow forgets to withdraw from the doubles? That can mean two things - they are either going to win this thing or they are going to get out early and at 3.20, I will get my money on the second choice. The second duo is not that horrible either by any means. Safarova to beat Kuznetsova @ 3.28 with Pinnacle In the Fed Cup, not much time ago, the odds were 1.70 X 2.01. Now we are supposed to believe that it should be 1.38 X 3.28. Really? Safarova beat Ivanovic WITHOUT dropping serve, while Kuznetsova defeated Zvonareva by standing in the middle of the court and waiting for Zvonareva to shoot the ball into the stands, which happened more often than not.

Sport Tennis
Event Simona Halep - Irina Begu
Selection Simona Halep
Strength 10/10
Date 10/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Nordicbet @ 2.25
Reasoning Round of 16 of the WTA Hobart (Australia, hard) with two romanian players meeting, Simona Halep and Irina Begu. Both are ranked closely, Halep 57th and Begu 41st but when it comes to experience Simona sticks out. Looking at just what they played so far in the career, Begu looks to be a more of a clay court player finishing 2011 season with just a 7-6 (no indoors) record. Here in Hobart she Baltacha in the first round, 6-2, 7-5. On the other side we have Halep who is gradually playing more on hard, last year she finished with a 15-12 record with wins against players like Vesnina, Kuznetsova, Kleybanova and maby one of the best so far, Na Li in straight sets at the US Open. Her first tournament of the season was unfortunate, having the "luck" of meeting Clijters in the first round in Brisbane, losing 4-6, 1-6. Here in Hobart she beat a better positioned player in the WTA rankings, Zakopalova (41st) a more experienced player then her, 4-6, 6-2, 7-5. With these stats I think that the favorite here is Halep and my pick is on her in this one.

Well, having six in the end. Some VERY speculative bets though, so keep stakes low or be prepared for a lot of despair and frustration :lol It will be a crazy night and I might easily end 6-0 or 0-6, so you should be prepared for a mental roller-coaster if you follow. You have been warned. Juan Carlos Ferrero (-3) to beat Paire @ 1.95 with Pinnacle Yeah, yeah, shady line, but I am gonna fall into that trap I guess. On a normal day, JCF will beat Pair 6-2 6-2 on any kind of surface, since he is a good, consistent and classy player. On the other hand, Paire is a challenger-level guy that fails to beat better guys on almost every single occasion. If this wasn't the first match for JCF, the line would be at 4.5 at least and we all know that. It may be trap though and the bookies might know more. Harrison to beat Querrey @ 1.98 with Pinnacle Again this seems to be some kind of a joke so I am expecting a shocker, but Harrison is actually a tennis player, while Querrey has turned into a spectator last season and the fact that out-of-form Hanescu demolished him in Chennai seems to confirm that. Harrison was a bit unlucky to not win against Baghy, so I would expecting him to win unless he goes crazy again. Rochus to beat Kamke @ 3.15 with Pinnacle I am probably crazy once again, but do you really think that Rochus does not have a chance here? Kamke can fail against anyone and Rochus is one of the most persistent players on the tour, so Kamke will be punished for any missed volleys and unforced errors. I get the fact that Kamke is 5-1 for the season, but Rochus is a bit different than Levine, Marti, or Jones. Cibulkova to beat Wozniacki @ 3.47 with Pinnacle Not at 3.47! Cibulkova beat Wozzy here last year and has won 2 out of 3 last meeting, so tell me where this is coming from. The AO is close, so who knows how motivated will she be here. All the talk about Wozzy changing her game to more aggressive is nonsense if the Hopman Cup was anything to go by and Cibulkova can win this match-up. Kops-Jones/Spears to beat Dulko/Pennetta @ 3.20 with William Hill Right, Pennetta withdraws from the singles, but somehow forgets to withdraw from the doubles? That can mean two things - they are either going to win this thing or they are going to get out early and at 3.20, I will get my money on the second choice. The second duo is not that horrible either by any means. Safarova to beat Kuznetsova @ 3.28 with Pinnacle In the Fed Cup, not much time ago, the odds were 1.70 X 2.01. Now we are supposed to believe that it should be 1.38 X 3.28. Really? Safarova beat Ivanovic WITHOUT dropping serve, while Kuznetsova defeated Zvonareva by standing in the middle of the court and waiting for Zvonareva to shoot the ball into the stands, which happened more often than not.
I just about agree with all of those picks, nice reasoning too good luck

Re: Tennis 8th-15th Jan Sydney/ Hobart Mannarino vs Anderson Auckland, first round and these guys are knowing each other pretty well. 4 times they met and 3 times we had over 2.5 sets. It is first match of Anderson which comes from the 32nd spot against Mannarino, a guy that showed the world his name last year with some great results. Mannarino is able to offer danger for Anderson, which is definitely the experienced man! over 22.5 games @ 1.99 with PinnacleSports Na Li vs Scheepers Na Li is a very balanced tennis player from China being tenacious and precise. With her height which is not bad at all, 1.72, she can offer a good serve. She is very good when returning and that always makes an advantage in tennis. Chanelle won in 2 sets against her opponents met so far and will try to defend well against a tennis player that is much more superior. Na Li is preparing for being one of the best in Australian Open and this means she will win in quick match. under 19.5 games @ 1.85 with Titanbet JC Ferrero vs Paire I have seen Paire two year ago by now in Arad and was very impressed as he won that tournament and was very, very good. Expect him to rise up and smash some favorites soon. But against Ferrero will not have a chance in the way I believe the Spanish will play. Despite being his first game this year, after 2 months of break, Ferrero will be the one that will lead this match from the first point to the last. At least this is how I see from my comfortable chair! Ferrero -2.5 games @ 1.85 with VictorChandler Russell vs Fognini Russell had some great matches in Sydney and loves clearly this surface. Fognini is looking horrible and that 0-6; 1-6 with Dudi Sela is not going to let me back him. Russell won against Sweeting and offered good tennis so far so the logic choice is to take him once again on AH. Russell -3 games @ 1.80 with Betsson

Re: Tennis 8th-15th Jan Sydney/ Hobart Below par first week. Hoping for better results in the 2nd one. Chanelle Scheepers vs Na Li. Over 19 games. 2.01 @ Pinnacle (6/10) Li has a tendency to struggle against lower ranked opponents and she is error prone, can go missing for sets and even whole matches. Being a defending champion won't make much of a difference for the way she plays, it's still gonna be erratic. Scheepers has played 4 solid matches in qualies and can at least make this is a push which would me a 6-4, 6-3 scoreline. Not that much to ask from her indeed considering they played a tie-break and it was 6-2 in the other set in Wimbledon 2010. Agnieszka Radwanska > Andrea Petkovic. 1.62 @ Pinnacle (7/10) Avoiding handicaps here as it might be really messy match. Petkovic has not been able to beat Radwanska in five tries. Aga had injured shoulder in Carlsbad last year, yet Petkovic still failed to beat her. The same thing happened in Beijing later last year. Petkovic was dominating the final set but just could not take her chances. I believe it will be similar match with Radwanska coming out on top in the end. Kevin Anderson -2.5 vs Adrian Mannarino. 1.90 @ Pinnacle (5/10) I believe Anderson is capable of getting one break somewhere in this match. He's not all about serve which is the case with Isner. Big Kevin can play a bit as well. Mannarino also good on serve but is vulnerable at times. Barring couple tie-breaks this handicap should work out.

Event Stepanek R. - Malisse X.
Selection Malisse X. +1.5 sets (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 10/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.76
Reasoning Stepanek lead 4-3 Malisee head to head but when playing on hard court the series between these two is tied 2-2. Malisse defeat Steapnek 6-1 6-1 in 2006 Indian Welles, the last match between on this kind of surface also finished with Malisse win 6-4 6-3 in San Jose 2 years ago. Stepanek is a dog, but he is already 32 years old, while Malisse showed good fit in past few months. Malisse is going today after three straight losses but he took a set in all three games. Malisse last three lost matches 2-1 against Djokovic in Basel, 2-1 against Tsonga in Valencia, 2-1 Goffin Chenai all these games on a hard court.

Event Hewitt L. - Troicki V.
Selection Hewitt L. (Aus) +1.5 sets (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 10/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.65
Reasoning These two never played before. Hewitt big local hope with crowd behind him should use that he rest three months at the end of the year taking at least one set today. Hewitt played at Hopman Cup when failed against Verdasco 2-1 sets, Gasquet 2-0 and defeat Wu 2-0 sets. Hewitt rest five days before this match as well as Troicki. However Troicki was in bad form at the end of last year when he failed in straight sets against Melzer and Hauder-Mauer who is under number 127 in ATP ranking. If Hewitt have a day he can take this match but I will secure with handicap, should be easy for such experienced tenniser at home to take one set.

Event Chakvetadze A. - Pironkova T.
Selection Chakvetadze
Strength 10/10
Date 10/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.75
Reasoning Well Chaky leads 1-0 head to head but that was three years ago in Rome on a clay court. This match will be playing on hard court where Pironkova shows good fit in past few years. The Bulgarian is typical hard courter she has big serving, and yesterday showed very good percent of 1st service. Chaky is under number 234 in WTA ranking while Pironkova is near 190 positions better ranked under number 48. However Chakcetadze was injured past year shed missed eight monhts and didn't played since June till now. Yesterday Chaky defeat world number 32 Niculescu very easy 6-0 6-4 this seems to be her day again.

Second she plays different but she waits to be equalised each time. She practically breaks at 0 or 15: 2-0 3-1 4-2 4-3 maybe 4-6 now Li?
Why don't you keep this for yourself? It's not a livescore thread and your not helping anyone. Don't know if you'll get paid Czech, but that was some call on Safarova :clap

Hello, i see i wasn't the only one to bet against Dodig. Big idiot, in the second set he won his first three service games to love, eventually managed to break and was immediately broken back by Kubot who eventually won the set. For tomorrow i saw another interesting match between two americans Sam Querrey and Ryan Harrison. Put my money on the youngster Harrison, i still managed to get him when his odd was 2, in the meantime i see it dropped a bit. There really isn't much to say here, Ryan is clearly the better and more talented player of the two, Querrey is one of those players without any visible talents for the game, to me he seems the american version of Kolschreiber: can serve well and sometimes defeat better players but a guy with not too many weapons in his bag. Sam was defeated by Hanescu in his opening match of the year, Hanescu played very good but still an inexcusable defeat for the american to be beaten by Victor on a hard surface. Ryan on the other hand had a good showing against Baghdatis losing in to sets against one of the eventual finalists of the tournament but he was competitive enough. The only big problem Ryan has are his weak nerves and inconsistancy, he really should have finished last year much higher than he did, i see him as one of the best youngsters on the tour who is capable of great tennis. Clearly the better player in my book i think he has a good chance of defeating Sam tomorrow
Well Ryan won in two sets, always nice to see when your judgement on a match is proven right. And let me say just this: congratulations for some great picks again to the guys here: i saw that i was not the only one who had faith in Ryan and moreover saw that someone went with Rochus, what else can be said than a great pick, to be honest i wouldn't have expected Kamke to lose but he really isn't a player on who you can count on. For me the evenings dissapointment however is Seppi, really didn't expect him to lose especially in two sets. Did manage to get a really nice bet though placed with medium stake
1 Lukasz Kubot Ivan Dodig v Lukasz Kubot (Sa castige meciul) 09/01/2012 Nici unul 2.37 Castigat
2 Ryan Harrison Ryan Harrison v Sam Querrey (Sa castige meciul) 08/01/2012 Nici unul 2.00 Castigat
Multipli
Tip pariu Nr de pariuri Miza/Unitate Miza Profit Castiguri
Duble 1 50,00 50,00 187,50 237,50
Good luck guys!

Re: Tennis 8th-15th Jan Sydney/ Hobart JC Ferrero vs Paire I have seen Paire two year ago by now in Arad and was very impressed as he won that tournament and was very, very good. Expect him to rise up and smash some favorites soon. But against Ferrero will not have a chance in the way I believe the Spanish will play. Despite being his first game this year, after 2 months of break, Ferrero will be the one that will lead this match from the first point to the last. At least this is how I see from my comfortable chair! Ferrero -2.5 games @ 1.85 with VictorChandler Hello sir, are you from Arad as well? :)) I really don't understand that huge odd on Ferrero, he is by far the better player, wouldn't trust an handicap though considering this is his first match of the year and he is sometimes rather inconsistent.

Re: Tennis 8th-15th Jan Sydney/ Hobart Yeah, again "taking it on the chin" time with Ferrero. There is no fight in him. Like he can't move correctly or generate any pressure. Paire's winners statistic means nothing as JC is just letting him hit them. This is a very strange performance...

Re: Tennis 8th-15th Jan Sydney/ Hobart -2.94 pts for last night/this morning. Knew there was a risk backing rusty JCF and Anderson but truly awful performances from both......:lol.....Bogomolov did the biz vs Haase to limit my losses there somewhat. Some excellent calls from Czech again, he's really starting this season on fire. Well done to you..........:ok

Re: Tennis 8th-15th Jan Sydney/ Hobart Mannarino vs Garcia Lopez Mannarino played very well his last games. Good wins in the qualify round and the first round a good victory against Anderson (6-3 6-3). Garcia had tonight a win against Kunitsyn in the first round (2-6 6-4 6-2), but I think Mannarino in this form he can win from Garcia Lopez on this surface. (2/10) Mannarino @ 1.57 Stan James F. Lopez – Benneteau First game for Lopez this year. Benneteau make a good impression in his last game against Seppi. He won this easy with 6-3 6-4. Lopez his game like this surface with a good service, he can make it very difficult for Benneteau to win her. But, it is the first game for Lopez. (4/10) F. Lopez @ 1.88 Unibet Isner – Reynolds First match for Isner this year against Reynolds. Isner knows how to play against the youngster Reynolds and I think this will be a 2-0 wins for Isner. But the odds are not good enough to make a Correct Score or Asian Handicap bet. Unibet give a amazing line for this match, but I think this are voided later this day. If this bet still stands, he can play with full stakes! Another bookmaker give the same odd for a -1.5 sets handicap. (4/10) Isner -0.5 set @ 1.50 Unibet Stepanek - Nieminen I’m not a fan from Nieminen and Stepanek are not constant enough. But the odds for a win for Stepanek are looking good. Stepanek has a very long and difficult match against Malisse (6-7 6-4 6-4 wins) and Nieminen don’t play last night. But Nieminen had a very easy first round against Duckworth. As Stepanek fully recovered from his match last night, he can win this match. (5/10) Stepanek @ 1.60 Titanbet