BBOTD Thursday 8th of December

Posh Emily - Taunton 1:20 Although this is a tougher race than it won last time out and has a 4 pound rise in the weights, Posh Emily has the most amount of course wins in this race with 3, loves it here at Taunton, 3 of its 4 career wins have been here. Matt Griffiths takes off 5 pounds, so technically it will be 1 pound lower than its run last time out. Will be given a patient hold-up ride and will be delivered late, and has every chance in my opinion. WIN @ 11/1 Bet365 BOG

Re: BBOTD Thursday 8th of December Lucky Royale - Kem 7.00 (1pt win 7-2 BET365 BOG) Joined Jeremy Gask in 2011 and after an obligatory third run for a handicap mark was given a bargain basement rating of 47. Won off that rating over 5f last month (staying on nicely) and has remarkably only been raised 2lb to a mark of 49. Seems progressive and potentially very well handicapped with decent apprentice Raul Da Silva on board. Running style suggests step back up to 6f should be okay.

Re: BBOTD Thursday 8th of December L2.40 Pigeon Island 0.5pt E/W 12/1 Boylesports It feels like this horse has been around forever, but it's (only) an 8-y-0 and judging by recent performances, it now needs this longer trip to show its best. Indeed the piece of form that is of interest was from earlier this year when staying on really well over a slightly shorter trip at this course. The horse is back down to its last winning mark for the first time in a long time and Sam Twiston-Davies takes the ride. The horse will be of particular interest to "in running" bettors since it'll probably get a little way behind but should be finishing best of all - the 12/1 looks a fair e/w price.

Re: BBOTD Thursday 8th of December 1230 huntington thehillofnuiseach 1 pt win 10/3 bet 365 winner of a point to point in ireland and unplaced in last 3 starts in britain, but should progress now going handicapping,mccoy/jj have a 23% strike rate

Re: BBOTD Thursday 8th of December Huntingdon 2.00 Surfing win - 9/1 Boyle Very intriguing runner, who is 5yo and could have the scope to be something decent. Finished 3rd to Captain Chris and Ghizao at Newbury coneding 4lbs and not beaten much. Then 2nd in a weaker race, but finished lame, so that run can be excused. Should improve this season and trainer obviously fancies himi to run him here on seasonal reappearance. I'm not a fan of the market leaders and with 8 runners EW bet on Surfing is the play imo. The price is worth a try.

Re: BBOTD Thursday 8th of December 14:00 Huntingdon Somersby Win (2,75) VictorChandler Henriette Knight and Somersby only got King George chase on their mind. This race could prove the perfect test for Somersby and a win looks likely, against this field. Somersby won against stronger horses before and have previous been succesfull over distance and going. Somersby recent form. 2-5-3-1-2 The jockey Dominic Elsworth gets his 3rd run in a row. He past few weeks, have been a bit disapointing, but this race, could be what he need to turn things around.

Re: BBOTD Thursday 8th of December 6.30 Kempton Local Singer win @ 14/1 Bet365 This horse is interesting starting out for Paul Howling over 6f which I think will suit. This horse on his last 5 starts has ran over 7f and has often looked as though a drop back in trip would suit. He has already had 2 runs at the track and has ran well so track shouldn't be a problem. He has a slight absence to overcome but when trained by Malcolm Saunders, he did run well in a could of higher grade races than this. If ready to go after a break, I think this horse could definitely be in the shake up. Plenty of these are very closely matched but Local Singer could prove to better. He does have a 3rd to Excellebration on his CV.

Re: BBOTD Thursday 8th of December Trainer K.Bailey has had a few winners in the last few days and sends out just the two runners over at Huntingdon. I will have a wee try with the yards runner in the last a N/H flat race over 2m, its first time on the track for the 4yr old gelding and once again he could be anything, its another wide open race but jockey E.Crookson had a winner on Monday for the yard and he makes the trip again for this sole ride of the day. Huntingdon 3:30- Viking Ridge. 0.5 e/w bet @ SP Market Watch !

Re: BBOTD Thursday 8th of December

huntingdon 13:30 - dineur 3/1 bet 365 win . fresh after a run a week ago ' date=' looks by far the best in this company and 3/1 seems very generous indeed[/quote'] Foster, you need more reasooning than that! :ok Just have a look at Danny Ocean hahaha :lol

Re: BBOTD Thursday 8th of December 6.30 Kemp ARCTIC LYNX - was in the process of running a big race at newmarket in last turf start before slightly hampered when working into the race, far too free and no cover last time back on all weather but has perfect draw to be held up this time and hopefully they go too fast and this fellow will be coming home strong, stable in decent form and looks to have a bit more potential than current mark implys. 1pt win 10/1 lads

Re: BBOTD Thursday 8th of December 12:30 Huntingdon HIGH KITE has been beaten by 16 lengths or more in all six of his starts but his 4th in a decent Novice Hurdle at Ascot last time represented a real improvement on his previous efforts and I think he’s well-handicapped off this mark of 101. He’s had a slow start to his career so far, not showing much in bumpers and novice hurdles over two miles. His first experience of 2m4f was off an absence and easily excused but the aforementioned Ascot effort that followed it 19 days ago was a really step up in quality. Travelling well behind much-classier rivals, he was in touch for a fair way and only got left behind turning for home, he was eased down when his chance was gone but he did very well to stay as close as he did for so long. On that effort, he looked a type who should hold his own in handicaps at around this trip. An opening handicap mark of 101 looks very reasonable I think, as he definitely has the scope to be much better than that. I think he has a performance of around 110 within him and he’s a horse who should take off now pitched into handicaps. Henrietta Knight has stated that “should be able to win a hurdle race off that mark” which bodes well for his chances. This is quite a competitive race but I think the market is completely wrong with placing Thehillofuisneach as favourite. He does come from powerful connections but has been very disappointing since racing under rules, and I’m not sure this trip is entirely the answer. He’s no 7/2 shot anyway. Baan would be one of the big dangers now getting stronger handling, but isn’t as scopey as my selection and it might be worth waiting for a weaker race before getting involved with him. Painter Man might need further or a very strong gallop and I think that the value currently lies with High Kite. There’s mileage in his rating, the easier track will suit and he’s ran well on a sound surface, so that bodes well. Henrietta Knight hasn’t had a winner recently but her horses have been running well generally (two runner-up spots in last week). I have him at around a 5/1 chance so 17/2 looks a nice price and although the competitive nature of the race means it’s difficult to be too enthusiastic, he should run really well. HIGH KITE; 1pt @ 17/2 Bet365 (bog)

Re: BBOTD Thursday 8th of December Kemp 6.30 - Taajub - EW at 9/1 bog Wm Hill This is a horse that appears to have had it's problems but is on the way back Was a group placed 2yo in 2009, finishing 2nd in both the Gimcrack and the Cornwallis. Missed most of 2010 but came back late season with a couple of lacklustre runs in a group 3 and Listed race Another 9 month absence then came back this year with a run out in a conditions race at Ascot before embarking on a handicap career He's now run in 5 handicaps and his mark has fallen from 98 to 83. He's generally been well beaten but his best run was last time out when he got into a class 4 here at kempton. Finished 6th beaten just over 4 lengths. The 2nd and 5th have come out and won since. It was a fast time race and he made good progress from the rear until fading slightly and being passed by two horses in the last few yards. I think that was a good race for the grade Drops back a furlong today and has the draw in stall 1. He was held up at the rear last time but hopefully he'll take advantage of his draw to be ridden closer to the pace today

Re: BBOTD Thursday 8th of December 2:40 Ludlow - Midnight Haze - 1pt @ 8/1 (Ladbrokes) It's quite hard to know what to expect from Midnight Haze given the fact that he has been off the track for nearly a year but this previously progressive 9-year-old has won first time up on each of the last two seasons (including at this track last year) and should have no problems with getting competitive on the back of an absence. Kim Bailey's charge is still quite lightly-raced and further improvement shouldn't be ruled out at all, so it's hard to ignore him off a mark of 128. I also don't think that this race will take a whole lot of winning and the main worry is how much he'll get pestered at the head of affairs, as he likes to make the running and if he goes off too quick over this 3m 1f trip, he may not get home. Regardless, Midnight Haze is rated as being an 8/1 shot here and that underestimates his chance, as he has most things to his liking. The ground will be fine, the track is right up his street and the opposition are no great shakes. The main basis for his price are his disappointing efforts last twice but one of those came over an inadequate 2m 5f trip in a race where he was forced to go off much too quick for his own good. The other came at Sandown, over just shy of this trip, in which he was a very well-backed 4/1 shot (in a much tougher contest). However, he ended up disappointing on quite testing ground (pulled up) and was subsequently found to have broken a blood vessel, so it's best to overlook that performance. Bleeders are said to go best when fresh and that's more than likely to be the case with Midnight Haze, who usually runs up to his best when running on the back of a break. Kim Bailey often leaves plenty to be worked upon with his runners but I'm hopeful that he'll have this fellow fit and raring to go on his first outing of the season. The yard are also in cracking form of late, with 4 winners and 4 places from their last 10 runners, which is obviously encouraging. Jason Maguire being on board is another plus, as he knows the horse well having guided him to a couple of wins over fences and he's riding as well as anyone lately. Overall, 8/1 is much to big about Kim Bailey's animal in a race of this nature and although he's not without his risks, this may well be the time to catch him. Medium win stakes for me and hopefully he'll run well.

Re: BBOTD Thursday 8th of December 1 point win roseneath 5/1 bet365 14.40 ludlow this class 3 race looks very competative but i like the look of roseneath to grab the 1st spot,roseneath is well in at the weights having won a class 3 race over the same distance just over a month ago,carrying the exact same weight,3 wins from 16 starts,roseneath has also won over the same predicted going so that should be ok also

Re: BBOTD Thursday 8th of December 1.20 Taunton Mac Beattie won very comfortably lto and could go in again here despite the step up in grade. Still unexposed and the style of his win suggests he has more to give. Stable in very good form and will probably go off favourite. Good chance. 1 Pt win 7/2 VCBet

Re: BBOTD Thursday 8th of December Banyan Tree - 12.40 Ludlow This horse from the Rebecca Curtis yard is top weight in this one. It won it's maiden Hurdle at Worcester on it's debut for this stable. Two races ago it finished a good second in a Novice hurdle but struggled in a handicap last time out but here it is dropped into a claimer. It had been decent on the flat with Aiden O'brien and I think it can go well today. Banyan Tree win @ SP

Re: BBOTD Thursday 8th of December 6.00 Kempton Dr Finley - looks a winnable race does this, only a small field. This one remains prob a bit too high above his last winning mark and has a low strike rate, but has seemed to run his best races under Simon Pearce, who claims and returns to the saddle today. 9/1 Ladbrokes, 1 pt win

Re: BBOTD Thursday 8th of December 1:00 Huntingdon - Alasi - Back Only 5 go to post here and I'd like to think that this should be relatively straight forward for Alasi. Won on his chasing debut lto and being switched from hurdles, over which he was very good. Hexwon easily lto and he should turn out to be a fair bit better than this lot over fences in the long term and should follow up his lto win here 1pt win @ 2/5 Paddy Power BOG

Re: BBOTD Thursday 8th of December 4.30 Kempton No shortage of pace in this race with Megalala, Astragal, Opera Prince, Allanit and Perfect Vision all known to front run which could set this up for the finishers which again there are plenty of aswell. Lord Lansing has been in good form recently but has been caught close home last twice and up a further 3lb for latest 2nd and will need to find more off this revised mark and has had plenty of chances off similar marks. Mister Green is very well handicapped on his best form but hasnt threatened much lately and simply just going through the motions at the moment! Signor Frasi ran a career best last time out at Lingfield when narrowly beating Lord Lansing 4lb higher today and clearly gonna need to find more despite form of that race working out well but this race is much stronger and more competitive. Khun John has to be of interest despite not being seen since January when he ran well on the back of another long break, only 2lb higher for that run and is well treated on his polytrack form back in 2006. Not stood much racing for a 6yr old and with a stable that can ready one and any money would be a big positive. The main threat has to come from Larkrise Star who bounced back from a slightly disappointing effort on turf last time out over CD finishing well behind a winner that got a soft lead, she is 2lb higher for that effort but has been shaping as if a step up in trip would help and gets that today and may just be open to some more improvement yet on this surface. 1pt win Larkrise Star 11/2 vc

Re: BBOTD Thursday 8th of December 230 Huntingdon: Glebehall Bay 1pt (15/8 Lads) The selection won very nicely at Hereford on his seasonal debut and has a 7lb penalty to carry, he has been put up another 7lbs from next week so runs here quickly to take advantage of the handicap. The Williams team often have a couple of massive improvers and Glebehall Bay could well run up a sequence in these Class 4 races, he's on 101 today, 108 next week and this is a 0-110 so in theory if he wins well here he could take on the same type of opposition again. He goes on the ground and stays all day, will be hard to beat.

Re: BBOTD Thursday 8th of December 3.10 Ludlow - 1pt win Playful Rose @ 6/1 (VC) If this horse's effort on her reappearance can be put down to a lack of fitness, the 13/2 about her could look a bit silly come 3.20 this afternoon. You can't really knock her form prior to that, as she showed promise on all starts. Her 2nd start over obstacles saw her chase home Bunglasha Lady (very smart, won both starts since), giving weight away to a solid 110 rated yardstick in 3rd, and off level weights with a 105 horse in 4th. She then ran a very creditable 3rd at Exeter behind Semi Colon - a nice 119 rated horse who went well recently, and the 2nd horse won well next time. Now rated 110. Playful Rose presumably needed the run last time, despite going off at 4/1, and is handicapping off a mark of 103 which looks very lenient to me. If she retains her ability, and is now fitter, with the cheekpieces applied, she must go well.

Re: BBOTD Thursday 8th of December Somersby 2.00 Hunt 1pt Win 13/8 PP Keeping it simple today and see no reason to oppose Somersby. His form is far better than the opposition and if he was trained by anyone other than H Knight he would probably be odds on. His second lto to Master Minded was a very good run. Would any of today's opposition have gone off joint favs with Master Minded or given him a race? I doubt it. Medermit was 9 lenghts back in third which gives a solid feel to the race. Ground and trip should be no problem. When I originally looked at this race I planned to take him on with an each way shot but you can pick more holes in all the opposition so sticking with Somersby who has the form in the book to win this.

Re: BBOTD Thursday 8th of December 1.10 Ludlow: Get it on 1pt win @ 10/1 Ladbrokes Going to take a chance here on the Evan Williams trained Get it On who was still going well enough when falling 3 out LTO in a race won by Invictus who looks a decent chaser in the making. Not saying it would have beaten the horse but even this horses previous form give it every chance of running a decent race in handicap company from this mark. Stable in great form and at 10/1 I feel this horse is the value on offer here if able to cope with the drop back in trip.

Re: BBOTD Thursday 8th of December Hey guys! Newbie from the football forum.. Okay was just wondering what the deal is with your picks on the horses? Do you guys have contacts in the horse trade or do you pick them based on your own analysis / gut feeling? The reason im asking is because I have just started having contact with a gentlemen who is a trainer and hence has some inside knowledge. He a given 14 tips to me in the last month of which 10 have come through. I have received some tips for todays races but not one person in here has mentioned any of the said horses I have been given. So just wondering if you know something I don't know... :ok Best Tam

Re: BBOTD Thursday 8th of December Welcome to the forum Tam. As you can see if you read the selections in this thread, people here do their own analysis. And some of these guys are as knowledgeable and successful as the best 'professional tipsters' out there. I do hope for your sake that you aren't paying this 'gentleman who is a trainer' for his tips!

Welcome to the forum Tam. As you can see if you read the selections in this thread, people here do their own analysis. And some of these guys are as knowledgeable and successful as the best 'professional tipsters' out there. I do hope for your sake that you aren't paying this 'gentleman who is a trainer' for his tips!
Okay thanks, No no, I'm not paying him.. He is a friend of a friend who I met around a month ago. He's a nice guy and sends my mate a text every so often with his tips.. So i just get them passed on. I a very cautious better so never stake to much on something I know nothing about. :ok Thanks Hay

Okay thanks' date=' No no, I'm not paying him.. He is a friend of a friend who I met around a month ago. He's a nice guy and sends my mate a text every so often with his tips.. So i just get them passed on. I a very cautious better so never stake to much on something I know nothing about. :ok Thanks Hay[/quote'] I also get good tips through, if you want to share then PM me