Ante Post Jumps Thread 2011-2012

mowgli77

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Ante Post Jumps Thread 2011-2012

No idea about Waaheb mate, is it listed as entered in anything on rp site? Price wise ante post column for Champion Hurdle tomorrow. I'm going to guess he tips up Rock On Ruby.
No nothing yet. I would have thought he would be out in the next few weeks. Same can be said about Minsk. Think that one will be out this month. Think you could be spot on with Rock on Ruby. There doesn't seem to be anything else too appealing at a good each way price other than that one. Unaccompanied takes on the Fly in the Irish champion and we will know then whether or not she is a contender.

Pricewise Festival Anti Post Champion Hurdle Oscars Well 1pt E/W 25/1 (Corals,Bet365) 20/1 Ladbrokes (NRNB) Just checked oddschecker Bet365 18/1 Corals 20/1 Ladbrokes 20/1
Wow, this is a seriously bad bet. Not sure he even has a squeak for a place. Has been found out against Uncompanied and Thousad Stars. How's the gonna beat the Henderson + Nicholls bunch and Hurricane Fly too? Not good enough surely?

Wow' date=' this is a seriously bad bet. Not sure he even has a squeak for a place. Has been found out against Uncompanied and Thousad Stars. How's the gonna beat the Henderson + Nicholls bunch and Hurricane Fly too? Not good enough surely?[/quote'] Have to agree with you. Think Rock On Ruby looks the each value myself.

Re: Ante Post Jumps Thread 2011-2012 Regarding Minsk - I was told that the Irish horses do not do to well in the JCB Triumph Hurdle - and I have found it to be very good advice .Yes they place but rarely win the Triumph. I like the look of Grumeti Alan Kings horse and seem to be getting the vibes from the trainer that they quite like it's chances as well . it's 12/1 at the moment - but of course we probably have not yet seen the horse that wins this race, run yet - seems to fall to a horse that has had a win in the 45 days upto the race.

Wow' date=' this is a seriously bad bet. Not sure he even has a squeak for a place. Has been found out against Uncompanied and Thousad Stars. How's the gonna beat the Henderson + Nicholls bunch and Hurricane Fly too? Not good enough surely?[/quote'] Yeah there's nothing to suggest he can overturn the form over this distance, pity they don't have a 2m5f hurdle (that's not for novices) at the festival, I think that would be much more up his street.

Nick Mordin - www.nickmordin.com writes very positively about Oscar Whisky and thinks they would be mad not to run it in the Champion Hurdle - the horse is such a high price as they do seem to be favouring the World Hurdle.
I think Oscar can give Fly a race, especially if they go quicker. Last year was a bit of a crawl and that didn't suit him. Fly doesn't mind if it's quick or slow, but it was definitely against OW. Nicky has so many however, I think he is now confirmed to go 3 miles.

Yeah there's nothing to suggest he can overturn the form over this distance' date=' pity they don't have a 2m5f hurdle (that's not for novices) at the festival, I think that would be much more up his street.[/quote'] Probably the likely strong pace and good ground will suit Oscars Well, but I just think he lacks class. Overrated because he made a mistake in the Neptune, but who's to say he would've won? I thought So Young was winning it and his mistake wasn't even mentioned. Everyone was talking about Oscars, because his mistake was big, but So Young's was equally bad. Lost any chance to get involved.

Regarding Minsk - I was told that the Irish horses do not do to well in the JCB Triumph Hurdle - and I have found it to be very good advice .Yes they place but rarely win the Triumph. I like the look of Grumeti Alan Kings horse and seem to be getting the vibes from the trainer that they quite like it's chances as well . it's 12/1 at the moment - but of course we probably have not yet seen the horse that wins this race, run yet - seems to fall to a horse that has had a win in the 45 days upto the race.
See what your saying regarding Irish runners in this race but I feel Minsk could be rather special given how easily he won the Irish Cesarewitch off a mark of 93. I am pretty sure there is another stat with the Triumph, that we normally have seen the winner before Christmas which would suggest possibly something like Baby Mix or Hinterland. I have already backed Grumeti and eagerly await to see how Minsk runs later this month.

Re: Ante Post Jumps Thread 2011-2012 Urbain De Sivola at 20s looks big to me, beat Ranjaan easily and he is shorter in the market. Won't be playing until neaer the time anyway, looking forward to seeing Minsk, and Baby Run again As you would expect Henderson, Nicholls, King and Hobbs dominate the race though in recent years.

Colour Squadron ran well enough to give hopes to Mono Man.
It's probably Supreme mate. Listened Nicky's interview from 4th january and he said he was gonna run at Sandown, but he has another horse to run there (Captain Conan). If he was gonna run him in Grade 1 over 2m on his 2nd start I'm pretty sure he'll keep him over 2m this year. 33/1 makes a bet for me whatever happens :) Plus everyone wants to avoid Fingal Bay in the Neptune.

Re: Ante Post Jumps Thread 2011-2012 That Colour Squadron form at Newbury looks quite strong. He beat Montbazon nto and virtually threw the race away this weekend. Prospect Wells rather lets the form down, so Steps To Freedom looks unworthy fav at the moment. And with Waheeb now gone, it's anybody's race really. Any ideas why the Jonjo horse It's A Gimme that beat both Colour Squadron and Mono Man isn't in the market?

Re: Ante Post Jumps Thread 2011-2012 Ericht finished a lot closer to Steps and Prospect. Colour and Montbazon blew him away at Newbury. I think that Newbury race between It's A Gemme, Mono Man and Colour Squadron might be the best 2m novice hurdle so far this season. Mono Man is a no brainer at 33s.

Re: Ante Post Jumps Thread 2011-2012 He won't go off at 33s if he makes it there. Looking forward to his next run. Having looked at the finish again, it definitely cost him. Slowed up into the flight, hit it hard and had to switch after the flight by the time the race was over. If he found a stride he'd have won. Should relish the Cheltenham finish and so long as things go to plan, he must have a huge chance because that form - like you say - looks very solid. Although as mentioned before, he'd like some cut.

Re: Ante Post Jumps Thread 2011-2012 Ericht definitely needs 2m4f and along with Simonsing will probably go Neptune. Darlan, Captain Conan are definite 2 milers. With Mono Man I wouldn't worry about trip, but the ground might force them. Saying that, it usually is softer on the first day due to watering. Lots of trainers go Supreme, because the ground is watered well for day 1.

Re: Ante Post Jumps Thread 2011-2012 He's already an overbet, isn't he? Due to owner and being 1,1,1,1. At the start of the year I feared 2 horses. Lovethehigherlaw and Waheeb. Both very very highly rated. With both now missing the race, I have to go on some big price. Race lacks depth and haven't seen anything special yet. Last year the best horses were in the Supreme. This year the potential stars will probably be the chasers.

Re: Ante Post Jumps Thread 2011-2012 Ericht never travelled lto, never looked at ease and was beaten way too far out. Maybe he does need further, but that definitely wasn't his true running. Darlan is annoying to work out. Made hard work of beating a rag, but loads of novices have done that in the past before going on to better things. The way he beat Jump City suggests he could've won by 15 lengths had he been sent on but he's still impossible to assess imo. I backed at 20s (in my thread) before his third run and I think he should still be around that price. Mono Man is another hard to rate. Tetlami, Galileo's Choice and Cinders and Ashes look the value to me.