** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Ante Post Jumps Thread 2011-2012

mowgli77

Re: Ante Post Jumps Thread 2011-2012 Whatever happens tomorrow 25/1 for the Ryanair on Rubi Light is a bank job. He would've won last year, but landed on the 3rd last and it took the stuffing out of him. Still young and improving. Might not win tomorrow, but 25/1 for March is massive.

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Ante Post Jumps Thread 2011-2012 Fair enough Aidy. I just hate stats, think they give people a reason to eliminate a horse subconciously if they fancy another. We've all done it at some point. Rubi Light may not have won on 'soft' ground, but has won on heavy, and very soft in France, and was in the process of hacking up on soft ground lto. So I just can't see any justifiable reason for listing he hasn't won on soft as a negative, but there you go. I think his Ryanair form is stronger than anything in the race, and think he should be a little shorter. Whatever works for people I suppose!

Re: Ante Post Jumps Thread 2011-2012 I agree with you on Rubi Light I think the softer the ground the better for him. I see he's got an entry for the Lexus though and he's got plenty of stamina in his pedigree so he should conceivably improve for the step up in trip. With Denman now out as well he's in with a great shout so I'd love to see him take his chance.

Re: Ante Post Jumps Thread 2011-2012

Whatever happens tomorrow 25/1 for the Ryanair on Rubi Light is a bank job. He would've won last year' date=' but landed on the 3rd last and it took the stuffing out of him. Still young and improving. Might not win tomorrow, but 25/1 for March is massive.[/quote'] Yipp fully agree, he's another of one in my 10 to Follow.

I think it is important to look at Newbury and Sandown form aswell at Cheltenham form when looking at this race' date=' as both them courses are similar to Cheltenham, as in Newbury is left-handed and attracts good horses and Sandown has a stiff finish. I have studied the race for hours, and i have come to the conclusion that i must agree with Mileni on [b']Quantitativeeasing. There was another horse in there that i thought had a big chance, Roudoudou Ville, but the fact Victor Dartnall has only ever had 1 winner at Cheltenham put me off. Great Endeavour beat Quantitativeeasing by 7 lengths in the Paddy Power Gold Cup but Great Endeavour is now 10 pounds higher, and reading the articles on David Pipe's interviews, he does not seem to be overly-enthusiastic about its chances, with the pull in the weights and Barry Geraghty taking over from Andrew Tinkler, Quantatitiveeasing strikes me as a very good each way bet, and with McCoy now opting to ride Sunnyhillboy, the price on the Henderson charge should drift a bit in the market to a more attractive price. Woolcombe Folly has the dreaded top weight to overcome so i give that little chance! Roberto Goldback prefers soft/heavy ground and is prone to mistakes and on its only visit to Cheltenham it was tailed off. Ghizao has won at Newbury which is a plus, but has been well beat at its onlt attempt over 2m 5f, so has stamina to prove. Imsingingtheblues has never won at Newbury or Sandown and its only win at Cheltenham was over 2 miles, and has never won over 2m 5f. Divers must have a chance but the ground could be against it come the weekend, it needs good ground and it may just turn good to soft come race-time. A strike-rate of 4/31 is not too inspiring either at this level. Apart from that, i think Quantitativeeasing just has the measure of it on form. Roudoudou Ville was the horse that really interested me. It has won on a testing Sandown track last time out, winning well. It is versatile with regard the ground, is french-bred, is a 6 year old, unexposed and Victor Dartnall reckons it has a big big chance and has earned its place in the race. But when i looked at Dartnall's record at Cheltenham, 1/49 it put me off, also it is a big step up in class for the horse and it has never run at Cheltenham, but i do think this is the big danger. I scratched off Medermit, even though King is in good form. King does very poorly at Cheltenham and i would probably never back a King horse at this track unless i was convinced it was going to win. It has also never won at the track in 6 attempts So for me, i have to be on Quantativeeasing e/w @ 7/1 :hope
What a finish!!! :beer

after posting i started ti have a rethink and thought it best to shove a bit on Grandouet as a straight win bet at 14/1 with Bet365. It is a definite for the race and should rival Zarkandar this year again although Nicholls horse came out on top twice last season, i feel Grandouet does have the scope to improve greatly 0.5pts win Grandouet - Champion Hurdle 14/1 Bet365
looking forward to the festival now with this bet :ok

Re: Ante Post Jumps Thread 2011-2012 So gutted for Medermit, left his legs in one on the back straight and made a few small errors but gave it all his effort and looked like he was coming to win after heading Roudoudou Ville only to be pegged in the last 30 yards, deserves to win a big one some day. It was a bit of a toss up between Divers and Quantitativeeasing as well with them both being so closely weighted on their Paddy Power running, pity as I would've had the 1-2had the coin landed for QE. Seemed to be a bit of a messy race in the end too with Pipe's 2 getting in each others way, Divers unseating and Sunnyhillboy never travelling at all with an irregular heartbeat.

Re: Ante Post Jumps Thread 2011-2012 Rubi Light is a bit classy to say the least. Going a gear nothing in the race could cope with and jumping like a dream. Has improved since last season and I actually think he's better on good ground. Just no silly moves now. Don't go thinking you can win the Gold Cup, when the Ryanair is probably 90% in the bag. :hope :D

Kauto Star looks a non-runner now. Went out to 15 on Betfair earlier. Back into 8 now' date=' but it seems very likely they'll be running Master Minded only.[/quote'] or the stable staff have now been told As i said in the original post it WONT run I havent got on MM yet but very tempted to be honest, should be a great race as LR will be 100% no doubt

Rubi Light is a bit classy to say the least. Going a gear nothing in the race could cope with and jumping like a dream. Has improved since last season and I actually think he's better on good ground. Just no silly moves now. Don't go thinking you can win the Gold Cup' date=' when the Ryanair is probably 90% in the bag. :hope :D[/quote'] Trainer says Lexus will tell them which race, but he hopes Gold Cup. He aint a Gold Cup horse, but once the trainer has that race in mind, might be no going back. :\

Trainer says Lexus will tell them which race' date=' but he hopes Gold Cup. He aint a Gold Cup horse, but once the trainer has that race in mind, might be no going back. :\[/quote'] Hopefully Qutio De La Roque will do us a favour and beat him. Winning the Lexus doesn't mean you have a Gold Cup horse anyway. If QDLR flops, there's every chance Rubi Light wins, because the rest are dogs. Doesn't mean he can beat Long Run and co. however.

Hopefully Qutio De La Roque will do us a favour and beat him. Winning the Lexus doesn't mean you have a Gold Cup horse anyway. If QDLR flops' date=' there's every chance Rubi Light wins, because the rest are dogs. Doesn't mean he can beat Long Run and co. however.[/quote'] What about Joncol mileni? Do you not think he's got a chance of reversing the form with Rubi Light over the extended trip?

What about Joncol mileni? Do you not think he's got a chance of reversing the form with Rubi Light over the extended trip?
Only if Rubi Light doesn't stay. On ability Joncol is nowhere near as good imo. Andrew Lynch said RL blew up yesterday. Imagine that!

Re: Ante Post Jumps Thread 2011-2012 Well done Guys on Quantitiveeasing - I was pleased with Medermit - Got it each way at 12/1 so not too bad - thought it ran well for a horse trained by Alan King who supposedly does not do to well at Cheltenham.:moon Hope you take this in the Vein its meant :-)

Well done Guys on Quantitiveeasing - I was pleased with Medermit - Got it each way at 12/1 so not too bad - thought it ran well for a horse trained by Alan King who supposedly does not do to well at Cheltenham.:moon Hope you take this in the Vein its meant :-)
I thought Medermit ran a great race, I hope they go for the Ryanair with him and not the Champion Chase 'cos he's not really top class at 2m. You can currently get 18's on betfair, the only worry would be if Master Minded doesn't stay in the King George and Drops back to 2 1/2 miles.

Re: Ante Post Jumps Thread 2011-2012 Prospect Wells looks on a good mark for the Ladbroke Hurdle this weekend. Latest forfeit stage earlier and A Media Luz and a couple of other dangers taken out. Abergavenny also looks on a fair mark but with Ruby on Prospect Wells, 5/1 is only going to shorten.

Well done Guys on Quantitiveeasing - I was pleased with Medermit - Got it each way at 12/1 so not too bad - thought it ran well for a horse trained by Alan King who supposedly does not do to well at Cheltenham.:moon Hope you take this in the Vein its meant :-)
Haha, well in fairness Bill if you look at Kings record at cheltenham, for a top trainer it is rather poor! Same as when Noel Meade takes horses to Cheltenham, he usually fares very badly.. Medermit ran great, no dount about it! But its still another run without a winner for King! :p

Prospect Wells looks on a good mark for the Ladbroke Hurdle this weekend. Latest forfeit stage earlier and A Media Luz and a couple of other dangers taken out. Abergavenny also looks on a fair mark but with Ruby on Prospect Wells' date=' 5/1 is only going to shorten.[/quote'] I think the RP this morning said he he might run Brampour so PW would get in with a nice weight.

Re: Ante Post Jumps Thread 2011-2012 Yeah, I can't see brampour running so soon after Saturday either. Either way, Prospect Wells will be on a lovely weight, Ladbrokes suspended the betting earliest of all firms this morning before the forfeits were announced, and they've re-opened 7/2.

Prospect Wells for me now. Poor race.
Given he's a G2 winner on the Flat, 2-3 over hurdles, and got form with the well-regarded Steps To Freedom, what do you think he'll go off? I was thinking 5/2 ish, especially since Ruby is on. Shame Steps To Freedom doesn't have a rating.

Given he's a G2 winner on the Flat' date=' 2-3 over hurdles, and got form with the well-regarded Steps To Freedom, what do you think he'll go off? I was thinking 5/2 ish, especially since Ruby is on. Shame Steps To Freedom doesn't have a rating.[/quote'] Possibly. Considering there might be a few more NRs. Brampour is very likely to be taken out imo. Once they do the final decs Nicholls can take him out on Friday with "hasn't come out of his last race well" and weights will remain the same.