BBOTD Tuesday 25th

cpo

5.00 Yarmouth Kames Park e/w 9/1 Bet 365 I have been following this horse on his last few runs and to me he has looked as though he is ready to strike given the right conditions. He does often start slowly which is a problem but this extra distance today should help with that. He is running off his lowest mark for a very long time and this also a weaker contest than what he has been running in recently. I expect him to at least make the frame today. Jockey gets on well with him and although he is better on the all weather, I feel today will be the day with this one.

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 25th C5.10 Lord Singer 0.5pt E/W 16/1 Bet365 The horse has runs its best races on undulating tracks so should be right at home here. The horse has been given a little bit of respite from the handicapper and if fit for its seasonal debut, it should go close here. The horse has run well after a break in the past and the trainer is in cracking form. The stable jockey takes the ride and this lightly raced horse is less exposed than many of these. It's always a bit of a risk backing horses making their seasonal reappearance, but at the price it's worth taking a chance with.

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 25th 15:50 Catterick Ballista E/W (26,00) Paddy Power The 3 year old, havent won since his debut at Haydock. Its been 15 runs since then and this is his first at a 7 furlongs course. It will be interesting to see, how he will react to the extra furlong. He got the speed and his low draw might help him to stay in front of the field. Ballista drops down in grade. He only once before been running in a grade 5 race, and all others have been from class 3 to 1. The going might suit him. He got his win and placed on a slightly soft going. He will run under simular conditions at Catterick. Ballistas recent form. 0-7-5-9-0 The jockey Richard Kingscote is a regular whit Ballista. They teamed up 10 times so far. Kingscote are in great form at the moment. He got a win rate of 26,9 %

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 25th 1610 chepstow my brother sylvest 1pt win 11/4 boylesport won last 2 races,latest on sunday and made all to win,same jockey and although it is 2 furlongs less the way he lead from start to finish winning by 10 lenghs, should complete the hatrick

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 25th Catlin has rode 4 times for Wall at the track resulting in 2 wins and 1 second, the wins at prices of 9/1 and 25/1 and the second place at 18/1, thats a 50% win strike rate and a 75% place strike rate. Ze King - Yarmouth 3:00 Catlin/Wall partnership team up here with another debutant. This is related to several winners , some of which are Big Robert and Anne Of Kiev, Anne Of Kiev is still going gallantly on the flat. Again backing this for the strike rate of the jockey/trainer at the track.Looks overpriced WIN @ 33/1 Hills BOG

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 25th 3:50 Mon Brav @ Catterick - Taking a drop in class from a class 2 to a class 4 and steps up in trip.Is coming back down the weights and Jockey Dale Swift claims 3lb.Won its first 2 races for new yard earlier this year and can do the same if in the mood 1 pt win bet @ 7/1 Ladbrokes

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 25th Chepstow 4.40 Realisation win - 8/1 PP VC Capable on the flat and rated a lot higher than some of these, who are similar prices. Ran ok in two novice hurdles and goes handicapping off just 101. On flat ability he can go close today, but with Ewan Williams you just never know. Horses that look well handicapped never step up and others win out of nowhere. This race isn't anything special however and I'm hopeful of a good showing.

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 25th 2.50 Catterick MANDALAY KING ran an outstanding race in the Bronze Cup at Ayr last time yet has been dropped 1lb in the weights. He finished second of 14 in his group and the first home on his side won next time out to boost the form. The slight doubt is the trip now he's stepped up to 7f but he looks well handicapped in my eyes. If he goes in, it would boost the chances of Mon Brav, later on the card in the second division of this race. Julia Burke is on again to claim 5lb and from a low draw he has an outstanding chance. 9/1 Hills, 1 pt win

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 25th 310 Chepstow: Well Hello There 1pt (11/8 Bet365) Not very original but was impressed with this one at Carlisle last week and takes his chance here with the 7lb penalty, sure to go up a lot more than that and looks a typical Jonjo progressive type. He travelled strongly last week and pulled clear up the hill, this track is pretty similar in some ways and should outstay his rivals up the home straight.

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 25th 2:50 Catterick - Clockmaker - 1pt @ 14/1 (VC) Clockmaker looks to be the most interesting runner in this 15 strong field and he's also the most overpriced animal at current odds of 14/1. Tim Easterby's yard can't buy a winner at the moment (0-43 last fortnight) but they've had more than enough run well to suggest that it's not a massive problem and I'm hopeful that their luck will change here. This former John Gosden trained animal (changed hands for 23k last October) takes a drop back to Class 4 company for the first time since winning an all-weather contest off a 4lb lower mark over a mile at Kempton, achieved last June. Clockmaker hammered in that day in the style of an exceptionally talented horse and although he has been a bit disappointing since, including for current connections, I feel he's got enough in his locker to go very well here. Conditions shouldn't be a problem, the tight track will suit if he can make the best of a good draw and he'll get a race run to suit. Clockmaker's recent trio of efforts have been atrocious on the face of it but he's had excuses and a return to the form that led to a half-length 2nd of 13 over this trip at Newcastle (on second outing for this yard) would see him go close off a 2lb lower mark in a weaker contest. He's still unexposed being a 5 year old that only raced once before a fairly hectic 4 year old campaign and I think he's got the potential to improve a lot more on a softer surface. Graham Gibbons being on board is another plus, as he's one of my favourite jockeys and if this animal puts his best foot forward, he can get involved in the closing stages at least. Small/medium win stakes for me and hopefully he'll go well.

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 25th 2.30 Yarmouth Taking a speculative punt on Frankels full brother, Cecil has talked him down quite a bit but come on he is renowned for being modest and never blowing a trumpet for many of his runners. Clearly the Varian runner is well fancied which is pushing Noble Missons price out to a very attractive price and wouldnt be at all surprised to see him go off shorter in the end. He is a full brother to Frankel which is plenty of class and does hold an entry for the Derby, Abdulla the owner has also won this race the past 2 years with Bullet Train and Sea Moon and wouldnt be a surprise if this was his target for some time although this has turned out to be a very strong renewal! 1pt win Noble Mission 10/3 hills

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 25th 1:50 Catterick - Idler - Back Disappointing that he's still a maiden after 4 starts given that he already looks to have had a couple of great opportunities. He has run 4 solid races to be fair to him and this seems to be the most golden chance for him yet. Has achieved easily most in this race and ought to be able to win this 1pt win @ 4/9 Bet365

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 25th Catt 2.20 - Deliberation - win at 6/1 BOG Wm Hill This horse was progressing very nicely with a hat-track of wins before finishing down the field last time He 'lost his action' that day and was eased Had a month off to get over whatever the problem was and should have a good chance of resuming his progress today is up 5 lbs since last win but he won that one comfortably, eased close home, and looked to have something in hand Perhaps more of a worry is an outside draw but it's only a small field Plenty of money for the favourite, Black Annis Bower - the ground should suit her but i just think she might be better at 5 furlongs now on soft ground and that my fellow will outstay her if it comes to a final furlong tussle between the two of them

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 25th Commitment 2.30 Yarmouth 0.5 eway 9/2 WH BOG Interesting race and I plan to take on the two talking horses with a Highclere colt who has experience under his belt. Frankels brother simply has to be taken on. I've massive respect for the Varian yard and this Frazers Hill could be anything but like Noble Missions, this is his first time out and he's a bit short. Firdaws (from that stable) was beaten on debut when defeat was out of the question if the market support was anything to go by. So I looked for some value to have an interest in the race. Commitment was 4th behind Encke on debut which was a nice effort. By Motivator the ease in going and distance should help and Fallon on board. I'm hoping he drifts in the market too. Thought he stayed on nicely that day and at 9/2 I've gone each way as I'm hoping his price will drift.

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 25th I'll take a wee punt in the N/H flat race in the last at Chepstow. First time on a track for trainer Mr Hobbs with jockey R.Johnson in the saddle, he could be anything but he has good breeding by old vic. The 5yr old gelding also has an entry this Fri at Uttoxeter but he could run a big race today. Unsure on both ground and trip but Mr Hobbs normaly has them ready for their first run. Chepstow 5:40 - Colour Squadron. 1pt win 11/2 most firms Hills & PP etc etc.

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 25th 17.10 Chepstow Riliayev 13/2 victorchandler e/w 0.5pts big field so im just covering myself with the e/w. he was winning all day at this distance and ground last season so why not again now. good price for such great form. worried about mccoys ride but they look to me to be on a par, il take this value.

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 25th

2:50 Catterick - Clockmaker - 1pt @ 14/1 (VC) Clockmaker looks to be the most interesting runner in this 15 strong field and he's also the most overpriced animal at current odds of 14/1. Tim Easterby's yard can't buy a winner at the moment (0-43 last fortnight) but they've had more than enough run well to suggest that it's not a massive problem and I'm hopeful that their luck will change here. This former John Gosden trained animal (changed hands for 23k last October) takes a drop back to Class 4 company for the first time since winning an all-weather contest off a 4lb lower mark over a mile at Kempton, achieved last June. Clockmaker hammered in that day in the style of an exceptionally talented horse and although he has been a bit disappointing since, including for current connections, I feel he's got enough in his locker to go very well here. Conditions shouldn't be a problem, the tight track will suit if he can make the best of a good draw and he'll get a race run to suit. Clockmaker's recent trio of efforts have been atrocious on the face of it but he's had excuses and a return to the form that led to a half-length 2nd of 13 over this trip at Newcastle (on second outing for this yard) would see him go close off a 2lb lower mark in a weaker contest. He's still unexposed being a 5 year old that only raced once before a fairly hectic 4 year old campaign and I think he's got the potential to improve a lot more on a softer surface. Graham Gibbons being on board is another plus, as he's one of my favourite jockeys and if this animal puts his best foot forward, he can get involved in the closing stages at least. Small/medium win stakes for me and hopefully he'll go well.
Nice to see you back with a winner fella. :ok

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 25th

2:50 Catterick - Clockmaker - 1pt @ 14/1 (VC) Clockmaker looks to be the most interesting runner in this 15 strong field and he's also the most overpriced animal at current odds of 14/1. Tim Easterby's yard can't buy a winner at the moment (0-43 last fortnight) but they've had more than enough run well to suggest that it's not a massive problem and I'm hopeful that their luck will change here. This former John Gosden trained animal (changed hands for 23k last October) takes a drop back to Class 4 company for the first time since winning an all-weather contest off a 4lb lower mark over a mile at Kempton, achieved last June. Clockmaker hammered in that day in the style of an exceptionally talented horse and although he has been a bit disappointing since, including for current connections, I feel he's got enough in his locker to go very well here. Conditions shouldn't be a problem, the tight track will suit if he can make the best of a good draw and he'll get a race run to suit. Clockmaker's recent trio of efforts have been atrocious on the face of it but he's had excuses and a return to the form that led to a half-length 2nd of 13 over this trip at Newcastle (on second outing for this yard) would see him go close off a 2lb lower mark in a weaker contest. He's still unexposed being a 5 year old that only raced once before a fairly hectic 4 year old campaign and I think he's got the potential to improve a lot more on a softer surface. Graham Gibbons being on board is another plus, as he's one of my favourite jockeys and if this animal puts his best foot forward, he can get involved in the closing stages at least. Small/medium win stakes for me and hopefully he'll go well.
GOD :notworthy:notworthy:notworthy

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 25th 5.20 Catterick - 1pt win Ingenti @ 28/1 (Bet365) Found the 7f trip on soft ground much too testing last time when extremely keen and this step back to 5f, over which she's unexposed looks sure to bring out the best in her again. She improved to just fail to beat Cool In The Shade - who since won twice again. Also beat Surely This Time off just 2lbs better off than today who is 11/2. Won maiden next time well before struggling under tougher conditions. Just looks madly overpriced here.