** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

BBOTD Sunday 16th of October

Re: BBOTD Sunday 16th of October 16:10 Bath BLAZING FIELD has to bounce back from a poor run last time but it was hardly the 4lb hike in the ratings that caused it and more likely it was that her previous effort had come too soon. Given a break, she should run much better and looks one of the most progressive in this line-up and should go very well off a mark of 71. Trained by Clive Cox, she's relished the step up to staying trips after a solid run at 1m4f when she saw it out well. She improved again to the step up to 1m6f at Sandown in July when finishing 2nd to an improving type in Cunning Act (now rated 92). She deserved extra credit for being close to a fairly strong gallop and although had no extra close home, it was not like she was stopping. She was raised 4lbs in the ratings but ran quite poorly at Doncaster next time. It's definitely possible that the Doncaster effort came too soon as she did have a tough race and it was also a very competitive handicap, so the poor run can be excused I'd say. Back down to a 1m5f trip, she shouldn’t be inconvenienced by it too much, especially on her effort at Sandown where she showed decent speed. Dropped 1lb since the Doncaster run, she looked like a type who could be rated in the 80's over these sorts of distances after her Sandown effort and I'm expecting her to run very well off this mark of 71 as I feel that could prove extremely lenient in time. She'll have to bounce back but she should do, given she's been off for 64 days and should be over her exertions. She was due to run a couple of weeks ago at Salisbury but was pulled out due to fast ground. Not likely to get that today with it most likely be genuine good ground and that should obviously suit. Today’s event isn’t as competitive as it looks on first glance and I think this one is still ahead of the handicapper. Clive Cox isn’t going badly in recent weeks and I’m quietly confident that she’ll run a huge race, especially with John Fahy claiming 3lbs only helping our cause. The 16/1 I feel is absolutely massive, as I have her at about a 6/1 shot, hence I’m staking quite heavily. BLAZING FIELD; EW @ 16/1 Ladbrokes (bog)

Re: BBOTD Sunday 16th of October 15:50 Kempton Key Cutter Win (7,00) William Hill The 7 year old had a terrible race back in may, where he led some of the race. He then fell back and was noway near the winner. Key Cutter are now back at a course and distance where he previous won and that might be to his advantage. There are some strong competitors in this open race, so nothing is predetermined. He will need to show his best and if he cant stay up front, he might have what it take, to win it. Key Cutter is wearing a tongue tie. Thats become a part of his "racing outfit". He worn one in every race but one. Key Cutters recent form. 2-1-0-3-7 The jockey Will Kennedy gets his 13th race on Key Cutter. He had a decent UK season so far. He got a win rate of 14,29 %

Re: BBOTD Sunday 16th of October 3:20 Kempton - Rajnagan - 1pt @ 9/4 (Powers) Not usually my kind of price but with track, ground and trip all suiting Paul Webber's charge perfectly, I think he's a shoe-in to run a big race, bar mishaps of course. He has proved massively progressive this year and showed no sign of his progression coming to an end when running a very good 3rd at Market Rasen last time out. That was in a 15 runner Listed H'cap and if we ignore all of his runs with 11+ runners in the race, he's 5 from 5 in 2011 - including a win on the flat. He seems the best of these (who have previously raced over hurdles) by a long way if he's on a going day and although debutant Greylami could be anything on his first outing over hurdles, I'm more than happy to ignore him too. The progressive 7-year-old Rajnagan should be odds-on here in my opinion and 9/4 is a big price if I'm right.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 16th of October Blazing Field 4.10 Bath (0.5ew 16-1 LAD BOG) I'm with Lars on this one as the 16-1 simply seems too big (WH & Boyles are offering only 10-1). A mark of 71 certainly doesn't seem insurmountable on the evidence of her penultimate run at Sandown. Likes to race prominently so the slight drop back in trip compared to her last two runs might be in her favour.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 16th of October 4.55 Kempton Zorro De La Vega travelled like a winner coming to the last fence lto only to be nabbed close home. Smaller field today and if anywhere near that form he should get the job done today. Runs off the same mark and goes on any ground. Great chance to win here. 1 Pt win 10/3 Hills

Re: BBOTD Sunday 16th of October 320 Kempton Rajnagan 2/1 bet365 Decent hurdle is this and a chance for Rajnagan to regain the winning thread after a four timer last season. He gets the extra 3lb penalty for winning a class 3 but showed his well being at Market Rasen last time out in good contest. He will enjoy the ground and should put his experience to good use.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 16th of October 1:30 Bath - Glyn Ceirog Trainer, George Baker is still on a 29% win rate in 2011 with 3yo's and has a good record at Bath. 4 of his 11 runners in the past 14 days have won, and jockey Tony Culhane shares a good relationship with the trainer. Culhane has been on the filly 6 times already and has come within a head of winning, so should know the horse well. Slightly worrying is that Glyn Ceirog remains a maiden after 9, although I strongly believe she will lose that tag today. 4/1 bet365 (bog) - WIN

Re: BBOTD Sunday 16th of October 1505 bath birdwatcher 1pt win sp sousa/johnson combo, has already won 3 times this year including a 1 mile 4 furlong last time out, has run over 2 miles before, distance should not be problem

Re: BBOTD Sunday 16th of October Lost count how many times i've put this horse up on BBOTD only for it to be pulled out on the day etc as a N/R lets hope he runs today. 5 runs and never out the first 3 home but for some very strange reason he's never won, always travels well does NEED cover and his jockey today will not want to hit the front soon. Sure its a big field today with 17 going to post but it still looks another hand picked race by trainer Mr Cox. Lets hope for a good run. Bath 5:15 - SEEKING MAGIC - 1pt win @ 9/2 Sportingbet. Has the wait been worth while ?

Re: BBOTD Sunday 16th of October Kemp 5.30 - Fennis Boy - win at 11/8 bog Wm Hill This looks like a 2 horse race on paper between the current joint favourites, my selection and AP's mount Cock of the Rock My selection ran his best race for ages last time - it was his first run in England since coming from Ireland where he'd been generally well beaten on soft/heavy ground. It was also his first run since March and first run for Tim Vaughan. He finished well that day after jumping right - maybe this right handed track might suit him better ? Cock of the Rock has looked one paced and tends to weaken at the end of his races. He's also got another front runner in the field to take him on. I reckon my horse is the most likely to be running on at the finish and I'll take him to get past a probably tiring rival

Re: BBOTD Sunday 16th of October

Blazing Field 4.10 Bath (0.5ew 16-1 LAD BOG) I'm with Lars on this one as the 16-1 simply seems too big (WH & Boyles are offering only 10-1). A mark of 71 certainly doesn't seem insurmountable on the evidence of her penultimate run at Sandown. Likes to race prominently so the slight drop back in trip compared to her last two runs might be in her favour.
My cheque is in the post, yeah? ;)

Re: BBOTD Sunday 16th of October

16:10 Bath BLAZING FIELD has to bounce back from a poor run last time but it was hardly the 4lb hike in the ratings that caused it and more likely it was that her previous effort had come too soon. Given a break, she should run much better and looks one of the most progressive in this line-up and should go very well off a mark of 71. Trained by Clive Cox, she's relished the step up to staying trips after a solid run at 1m4f when she saw it out well. She improved again to the step up to 1m6f at Sandown in July when finishing 2nd to an improving type in Cunning Act (now rated 92). She deserved extra credit for being close to a fairly strong gallop and although had no extra close home, it was not like she was stopping. She was raised 4lbs in the ratings but ran quite poorly at Doncaster next time. It's definitely possible that the Doncaster effort came too soon as she did have a tough race and it was also a very competitive handicap, so the poor run can be excused I'd say. Back down to a 1m5f trip, she shouldn’t be inconvenienced by it too much, especially on her effort at Sandown where she showed decent speed. Dropped 1lb since the Doncaster run, she looked like a type who could be rated in the 80's over these sorts of distances after her Sandown effort and I'm expecting her to run very well off this mark of 71 as I feel that could prove extremely lenient in time. She'll have to bounce back but she should do, given she's been off for 64 days and should be over her exertions. She was due to run a couple of weeks ago at Salisbury but was pulled out due to fast ground. Not likely to get that today with it most likely be genuine good ground and that should obviously suit. Today’s event isn’t as competitive as it looks on first glance and I think this one is still ahead of the handicapper. Clive Cox isn’t going badly in recent weeks and I’m quietly confident that she’ll run a huge race, especially with John Fahy claiming 3lbs only helping our cause. The 16/1 I feel is absolutely massive, as I have her at about a 6/1 shot, hence I’m staking quite heavily. BLAZING FIELD; EW @ 16/1 Ladbrokes (bog)
Great shout fella, cheque's are better than sex. 2 rides, 2 wins.