BBOTD Thursday 13th of October

Val O'Hara - Kempton 8:20 Bit of a longshot but i think this horse should not be the complete outsider of the field tomorrow. I had it as a 16/1 shot so i am surprised to see it is available at 33/1. This animal won on debut at 25/1 and that was here at Kempton. Then had a run on the turf at Ascot but that was a Class 3 race and it was out of its depth there. Was back on the AW last time out over C+D and was 7th of 8 but i think they might have been just giving him the run as he went off a big price. Im hoping he will be fancied to run well tomorrow as Peter Winkworth has just hit form with his last runner winning two days ago and he had a 2nd place the runner before that so he has come into form. Horse has been dropped to a nice mark of 77, 4 pounds lower than its last run and if repeating its debut form it will outrun its 33/1 price tag. E/W @ 33/1 Hills BOG

Re: BBOTD Thursday 13th of October Ah nice easy winner today. Still hate backing or tipping fav's but this fella is a touch special, once with trainer Gordon Elliot but now with Jesica Harrington, a nice winner back in April at Aintree under Paul Carberry beating the very well thought after MONTBAZON from Alan King's yard. J.Harrington's 5yr old gelding ALWAYS travels well and should be VERY hard to beat in Race 2 on the card at Punchestown. He's a real horse to follow this season and all going well should be heading for the festival. Punchestown 2:45 - Steps to Freedom. 1pt win 7/4 @ Paddy Power come home safe.

Re: BBOTD Thursday 13th of October 17:00 Brighton Clear Ice Win (9,00) Ladbrokes Clear Ice is double C&D winner at this course. He had a couple of bad runs since then but returning to Brighton where he previous been succesfull might turn things around. One of his wins here was at a simular going. If the grounds stays that way, it could be to his advantage. 4 of his last 5 runs where at class 4. Including one of his wins at this course. Todays race its a class 5. Clear Ice is wearing blinkers once again. He had them on for his last 16 runs. The horse recent form. 1-0-4-2-7 The jockey Robert Winston gets his first race, whit the 4 year old gelding. Winston had a decent season so far. He won 13,65 % of this runs. (Happy Birthday to me.. 27 - Where did my youth go.. :cry)

Re: BBOTD Thursday 13th of October 440 uttoxeter carleton place 4/1 bet365 henry de bromheads horse is a course and distance winner, and has been in better company in a couple of runs in ireland, and although top weight, ap mccoy in the saddle should ensure it has every chance

Re: BBOTD Thursday 13th of October

17:00 Brighton Clear Ice Win (9,00) Ladbrokes Clear Ice is double C&D winner at this course. He had a couple of bad runs since then but returning to Brighton where he previous been succesfull might turn things around. One of his wins here was at a simular going. If the grounds stays that way, it could be to his advantage. 4 of his last 5 runs where at class 4. Including one of his wins at this course. Todays race its a class 5. Clear Ice is wearing blinkers once again. He had them on for his last 16 runs. The horse recent form. 1-0-4-2-7 The jockey Robert Winston gets his first race, whit the 4 year old gelding. Winston had a decent season so far. He won 13,65 % of this runs. (Happy Birthday to me.. 27 - Where did my youth go.. :cry)
Happy Birthday mate, your a great addition to the forum, keep up the great work! :cow

Re: BBOTD Thursday 13th of October W4.20 Cossack Prince 0.5pt E/W 16/1 Bet365 A repeat of the horses performance when last seen here over c&d would see it go very close in this race. That was off just a 1lb lower mark and despite being obstructed and fluffing a couple of hurdles, it managed to finish 2nd beaten half a length to the odds on favourite. The horse behind in third that day has since won off a 17lb higher mark and the form has a solid look to it. The 2 market leaders have to defy penalities to I'll take a chance on this one e/w and hope a return to c&d and some better hurdling will see it in the shake up.

Re: BBOTD Thursday 13th of October 5.00 Brighton Magical Speedfit - all over this one big time. Loves Brighton. Loves 5f. Loves a fast pace to chase. Gets all three things here and has dropped 1lb below his last winning mark. Ladbrokes go 8/1 but he should be no bigger than 6/1 in my eyes. 8/1 Ladbrokes, 1 pt win

Re: BBOTD Thursday 13th of October 17:00 Brighton STRATTON BANKER will be suited to how this race will pan out and is worth a bet at these double figure odds and although you always need to air on the side of caution with runners from the Stuart Williams stable, he’s still worth a small investment. Although probably a little better on the all-weather, he has some decent turf form in his locker and a strongly run race over 5f suits him really well. He’ll get exactly that today with three potential front-runners in the line-up (Clear Ice, Billy Red and Athwaab) and it should tee up the race nicely for him. This preference in Stratton Banker’s form was shown to full effect in January when winning decisively at Kempton over 5f off a good gallop and on that day looked a lot better than a horse rated 74 (his all-weather rating). He’s rated 70 on the turf and if putting his best foot forward could show that to be on the lenient side. It’s not like he’s useless on grass either as he showed when cashing in on a falling mark of 59 at Folkestone last season. On that occasion too, he got a quick pace to aim at on fast ground and that track isn’t too dissimilar in ways to Brighton, so that perhaps bodes quite well for his chances today. He will have to shake off two below-par efforts, one in which he was held up in a race that you needed to be handy in, and the other was on softer ground which isn’t ideal for him at all (weak in the market for both). As always with runners from the Stuart Williams yard, a market check is quite often essential. That being said, their market moves usually come ridiculously quickly and the price goes in minutes, so it’s probably best to go for an early price and take your chances. The stable are in decent form actually especially compared to a quite barren spell over the midsummer and had a big-priced winner earlier in October, so perhaps a lack of market support wouldn’t be the final nail in the coffin for my selection. Overall, it’s extremely likely that the race will be run to suit, he’ll enjoy the ground and there may be room to manoeuvre off this mark of 70. At 12/1, it’s probably worth taking a risk that he’ll be fully primed for this contest. Small win stakes applicable, as I think he’ll either win or finish well behind. STRATTON BANKER; 1pt @ 12/1 Boylesports (bog)

Re: BBOTD Thursday 13th of October Happy birthday Petersson, have a good one. :) 4:30 Brighton - Noverton - 1pt @ 33/1 (Bet365) Keeping this short and sweet - James Eustace's Noverton didn't show very much when last seen in August but with valid excuses for both performances, she looks worthy of taking a chance on here. A return to the form of her solid soft-ground 2nd to a progressive Cumani filly (twice winner since, looks pattern class) at Salisbury would see her in with a massive shout here off an attractive handicap mark of 68 and I think this sort of track could bring out the best in her. She's also likely to be fresher than most on the back of a 50+ day break and 33/1 looks a bit generous. She's also dropping in grade to contest a C5 H'cap for the first time and she's unexposed in the main, having only run 5 times previously - once in a handicap. 'tis a poor enough race too. Who knows, she could run well, or terrible. We'll see!

Re: BBOTD Thursday 13th of October 4.30 brighton Really like the chances of Cheylesmore going in here. Back down in trip and at a track he loves he might just get an easy lead. The new whip rules are really mixing things up but front runners seem to be doing ok so theres a good chance he will stay in front, ground suits also and is from a shrewd stable. 1 Pt win 9/1 Hills

Re: BBOTD Thursday 13th of October 4.20 Wincanton Bolanderi win @ 11/2 William Hill Moderate performer on the flat and made a slow start when first going over hurdles. Showed great improvement when taking a handicap at Worcester last time out. The form of that race has been franked with the 3rd and 4th horses both winning on their next appearence. Goes up 11lb for that win but with the reliable Schofield in the saddle and hopefully more improvemnet to come has to have every chance here.

Re: BBOTD Thursday 13th of October Uttoxeter 3.10 Silver Phoenix 1pt win - 11/2 Paddy Eyecatching run lto after one year off and will strip fitter. Shame there are 2 NRs, because they both wouldn't have won and 15/2 looked a huge price, but I'm still backing. I think he can win off this mark.

Re: BBOTD Thursday 13th of October 3:20 Wincanton - Captain Dash - Back Was starting to become frustrating when falling 3 times in a row when in contention in races. However, he put that all begins him lto on his first run for his new yard when he bolted up, leaving the impression that he is a fair way on front of the handicapper. Turned out again quickly in a weak race, should go in again 1pt win @ 4/9 Hills BOG

Re: BBOTD Thursday 13th of October Have a good un Petersson mate:ok 410 Uttoxeter: Marie De Laufon EW (8/1 WH) Really struggling to find a solid bet today but this one should run her usual game race. Been placed four times in her last 5 races including a win at Towcester. Last time out was fourth at Market Rasen in a competitive event like this one having led for most of the way. Lucky Lukey could be a blot on the handicap at the bottom but apart from that the race looks full of exposed types and the selection should be capable of hitting the frame.

17:00 Brighton Clear Ice Win (9,00) Ladbrokes Clear Ice is double C&D winner at this course. He had a couple of bad runs since then but returning to Brighton where he previous been succesfull might turn things around. One of his wins here was at a simular going. If the grounds stays that way, it could be to his advantage. 4 of his last 5 runs where at class 4. Including one of his wins at this course. Todays race its a class 5. Clear Ice is wearing blinkers once again. He had them on for his last 16 runs. The horse recent form. 1-0-4-2-7 The jockey Robert Winston gets his first race, whit the 4 year old gelding. Winston had a decent season so far. He won 13,65 % of this runs. (Happy Birthday to me.. 27 - Where did my youth go.. :cry)
Happy 27th, mind put some bonjela on those gums, your just a nipper.

Re: BBOTD Thursday 13th of October Racing is pretty awful this week and I can't find one to be jumping up and down about so I have studied the card for the great "Champions Day" at Ascot on Saturday. You've guessed it nothing there either. Well there is but I think the price is a bit stingy! In the sprint I guess everyone will be jumping on DEACON BLUES (140 my adjusted time figure) and that's fair comment as he is rapidly improving but the one to beat is definitely the French raider MOONLIGHT CLOUD (143+ adj time figure). Both of these sprinters are for me in a league of their own but the French filly won a Group One last time out in scintillating style and is clearly smart. I would like to see a little more rain which will suit both of them but at 0/30 it has to be the French girl although I will be hoping to get 4/1 somewhere! FRANKEL is about 8lbs clear (on my figures) but I think he will have a fight on his hands and don't be surprised to see DICK TURPIN thereabouts although 3 year olds have a very record in this race. Happy punting ;)

Re: BBOTD Thursday 13th of October Steps to Freedom - Punchestown 2.45 1pt Win 11/8 PP Not much of a price but its difficult to see past Steps to Freedom in this 2m novice hurdle. I really liked this horse on the flat and had he broken better from the stalls on a few occasions he could have had a much higher rating. He is already quoted near the top of the betting for the Supreme Novice and is in the capable hands of Jessica Harrington. He won last time over hurdles when expected so we know he can jump. He travels so well through his races and is Very exciting prospect to hurdling. One to keep an eye on over the winter months. After a few disappointing selections I'm hoping this one can get rid of the dreaded 'L' beside my name on the BOTD table.

4.30 brighton Really like the chances of Cheylesmore going in here. Back down in trip and at a track he loves he might just get an easy lead. The new whip rules are really mixing things up but front runners seem to be doing ok so theres a good chance he will stay in front, ground suits also and is from a shrewd stable. 1 Pt win 9/1 Hills
Cheers fella. had a wee buck e/w :ok

Re: BBOTD Thursday 13th of October Well done Andy ! I'm off to kempton for a bit of an EW longshot tonight........... Kemp 8.20 - Height of Summer - ew at 25/1 BOG Laddies Beaten over 90 lengths last time on turf and over 30 lengths every other time he's run on turf...........but his all weather form is ok ! He's won here at kempton, he's got a good draw and the yard have been banging in the winners recently Obviously that 94 length beating last time out is a worry and I'm hoping it was the soft ground and the undulating track at Goodwood that he didn't handle As long as it wasn't a physical problem i reckon he can bounce back on polytrack .............

Re: BBOTD Thursday 13th of October 8.50 Kempton Decana win @ 17/2 Boylesports This looks a very weak race and although my selection hasn't shown too much in recent starts, I do think he will be well suited by the step up in distance. There are enough doubts about plenty of these to suggest Decana has a big chance in this race. The trainer is in good form at the moment and I expect this horse to run a solid race.

Re: BBOTD Thursday 13th of October Evening Bets;

Val O'Hara - Kempton 8:20 Bit of a longshot but i think this horse should not be the complete outsider of the field tomorrow. I had it as a 16/1 shot so i am surprised to see it is available at 33/1. This animal won on debut at 25/1 and that was here at Kempton. Then had a run on the turf at Ascot but that was a Class 3 race and it was out of its depth there. Was back on the AW last time out over C+D and was 7th of 8 but i think they might have been just giving him the run as he went off a big price. Im hoping he will be fancied to run well tomorrow as Peter Winkworth has just hit form with his last runner winning two days ago and he had a 2nd place the runner before that so he has come into form. Horse has been dropped to a nice mark of 77, 4 pounds lower than its last run and if repeating its debut form it will outrun its 33/1 price tag. E/W @ 33/1 Hills BOG
Well done Andy ! I'm off to kempton for a bit of an EW longshot tonight........... Kemp 8.20 - Height of Summer - ew at 25/1 BOG Laddies Beaten over 90 lengths last time on turf and over 30 lengths every other time he's run on turf...........but his all weather form is ok ! He's won here at kempton, he's got a good draw and the yard have been banging in the winners recently Obviously that 94 length beating last time out is a worry and I'm hoping it was the soft ground and the undulating track at Goodwood that he didn't handle As long as it wasn't a physical problem i reckon he can bounce back on polytrack .............
8.50 Kempton Decana win @ 17/2 Boylesports This looks a very weak race and although my selection hasn't shown too much in recent starts, I do think he will be well suited by the step up in distance. There are enough doubts about plenty of these to suggest Decana has a big chance in this race. The trainer is in good form at the moment and I expect this horse to run a solid race.