** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

NHL regular season 2011/2012

Re: NHL regular season 2011/2012

Event Montreal Canadiens - St.Louis Blues
Selection draw
Strength 10/10
Date 10/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Gamebookers @ 4.00
Reasoning After seventh loss in eight games, finally Montreal won two games in a row at home. The Canadiens defeat Tampa bay 3-1, Winnipeg 7-3 but that are not so strong teams. On the other hand St Lpuis is only two points behind title spot in Western Conference that team is best homer but on the road they lost four of last five games. Anyway St Louis is not so weak team they have mental problems on road and I expect to start taking points far from home. Montreal recorded six draw in 20 home games, while St Louis recorded five draw in past ten away games that is 50% chance. Three of last four games between also finished draw 75% including two of last two in Montreal.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Event Tampa Bay Lightning - Vancouver Canucks
Selection over 6.5
Strength 10/10
Date 10/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Bwin @ 2.95
Reasoning Tampa Bay is going today after home win in a row, four over 6.5 in last five home games, results are very big 5-2, 5-1, 4-3, 5-4, 4-5 against Carolina, Philadelphia, Montreal, Calgary, New Jersey. Tampa Bay has very strong offense as we can see of recent results they scored 29 goals in five home games, but they also have weak defense. With players like St Luois, Stamkos, Lecavallier, Malone, Downie I think they has big chance for another high scoring game. On the other hand Vancouver recorded two big over in last four away games, 3-4 and 3-5 both games they have won in Boston and Toronto two teams who are in very good fit. Vancouver has problems in defense Salo, Rome, Hamsuis will miss this game. The last encounter between these two finished with nine goals 4-5 Tampa Bay win in Vancouver past season when Canucks won President Thophy and became best homer.

Event Chicago Blackhawks - Columbus Blue Jackets
Selection Chicago Blackhawks -2 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 10/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 2.62
Reasoning Chicago Blackhawks lost four of last five home games but that team has very good players who are former champion in 2010. No problems with the squad and they are going today for the first home win after three loss in a row. The Blackhawks defeat Blue Jackets 4-1 two weeks ago at United Center. On the other hand Blue Jackets sits on the last 30th place of 30 teams in NHL they are the poorest visitor and lost five out of past seven away games. Two days ago Blue Jackets visited 29th team in NHL Anaheim and after Ducks take 7-2 lead and pulled Hiller put 19 yo goalie from Finland making his debut in NHL then Columbus scored two goals for the final 7-4 Ducks win. Chicago won all three encounters between this season 5-2, 4-1 at home 3-6 in Columbus and I think this sure will be another good hockey night for the fans in United Center because Blackhawks has extra motivation after this bad loosing home strike.

Event Colorado Avalanche - Nashville Predators
Selection draw
Strength 10/10
Date 10/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Gamebookers @ 4.00
Reasoning Colorado is going back at home after they have played four in a row on the road, won three in Los Angeles, Chicago, Anaheim and failed in St Louis. However Colorado is in great home fit they won nine of last ten home games. Overall the Avalanches also won nine of past eleven if I count those three away games. On the other hand Nashville has nobody in their injury report going today in full squad they will try to take 11th win in last 15 games. Nashville won ten and lost four but three of those four losses came in moment when best defender in NHL and their captain Sea Weber was injured with concussion. Now Weber will play he comeback in the squad past week and Nashville won after overtime in St Louis when the Blues hold 17-5 home record best homer. I think these fellows in overall table can not take two points regular time. Both teams are in good fit, the Avalanche has home advantage but Predators won three of past four games at Pepsi Center including all four games between past season so my pick is draw.

Event Calgary Flames - New Jersey Devils
Selection over 5.5
Strength 10/10
Date 10/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price 5Dimes @ 2.55
Reasoning Calgary Flames recorded five loss in past six game but they were on tour in the East and lost all five games. However Calgary Flames holds six games winning strike at home with scored 21 goals through which is average 3.5 goals per match. The Flames scored three goals in four games, one game two goals and one game seven goals. Jerome Iginla scored hist 500th NHL goal last night he will try to make them more in his account today. On the other hand New Jersey won four of last six road games, they scored 20 goals which is average 3.3 goals per match. The last game between in Calgary finished 5-3 home win and I expect another goal affair today, because Zajack is back into Devils offense after injury he is very dangerous with Parise, Kovalchuk and Elias.

Event Anaheim Ducks - Dallas Stars
Selection Ducks
Strength 10/10
Date 10/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 2.60
Reasoning Anaheim Ducks won past two games who were actually at home 4-2 against NY Islanders, 7-4 with Columbus. The Ducks started to win after all their power in offense is already fit. Koivu, Selanne, Ryan, Perry, Getzlaf are fit the last three are olympic champions with Canada two years ago. Selanne scored two, Perry three in last home game while Ryan assisted three. On the other hand Dallas has problems with the squad after first choice goalie Kari Lechtonen will miss this game, as well as three good defensman Souray, Larsen, Fistric. The Stars will have problems also in offense Ott and Ribeiro to key offensive players are not fit with suspension and knee injury.

Re: NHL regular season 2011/2012 I will be betting on the games below which missed out been the main selection today and who may well be worth watching. Boston - Winnipeg.............. 5.5 Over at $1.86, odds at Bet365 .......... :clap N.Y Islanders - Detroit ....... 5.5 Over at $1.95, odds at Bet365 .......... :clap Dallas - Anaheim ............... 5.5 Over at $1.92, odds at Unibet[ .......... :clap Nice wins, hope it keeps going.

F*** Boston!
Apologies for my outburst... I had my whole life on Boston -1.5 last night. I slammed my laptop shut at the end of the 2nd period, 3-2 down, Boston having to score 3+ goals in the 3rd! Wake up this morning... Miracles do happen! If I see any of you guys in a bar last night can pay for all your drinks.

Re: NHL regular season 2011/2012 Good on you Stribs, you have taken Boston quite a lot and once again they came through, i believe everyone did well yesterday and the bookies got a good hammering, which was oh so good. ;) I took my 4 bets as a Multi for $20 and though i was concerned with the Anaheim game heading in to the 3rd period, they came through and i collected over $250, i haven't won that much for a while. :nana It is nice that we all collected yesterday, and hoping today as well.

Re: NHL regular season 2011/2012 PIT Pingyuins-WAS Capitals -1,5 3,20 on bet 365 7/10 Pittsburg is located in a B2B where last night was defeated by ottawa senators one of the hottest teams of the moment ... especially away today with all its problems of education is facing a team that has its home in the best 14-5-0 score .. I ..... today I take them in capitals disability -1.5 to 3.2 on bet 365

Re: NHL regular season 2011/2012 Caps -1.5 @ 3.20 various Pretty sure in this one as Pens are in slump as they miss their offensive players - Crosby long term, now also Staal and defender Despres, even bigger problem is defense as they dont guard Fleurys goal, and that is hurting them in addition to being toothless in attack, with only just over 3% of shots ending in a goal. It is also special game, which wont be today, as Ovechkin vs. Crosby games are always the one to watch. All in all i do see a win for Caps today as they do have an edge here, slightly better defense while Pens first attacks is out. Devils -1.5 @ 3.50 various Again injuries should decide this game. Oilers miss out on two thirds of first attack as both Eberle and Hopkins are out injured - their best scorers. In addition to that they miss two important defencemen Gilbert and Whitney. Devils have far more balanced team, led by two excellent attacking lineups and this is where the game sohuld be won, i believe that this gives huge edge to Devils today, Oilers have one - emergently put together attacking lineup that can be dangerous, while Devils will have fart more time on ice to be a danger to Oilers goalie. The only drawback is injury to Brodeur, but Hedberg looks adequate to replace him, trust him more than Khabi which starts for Oilers

Re: NHL regular season 2011/2012 Record for last 7 days ..... 07G - 06W - 01L ..... This week 2G - 2W - 0L NHL - Washington v Pittsburgh ..... 11th Jan 2012 Washington v Pittsburgh .......... 5.5 Over at $2.10, odds at >Bet365 I can see both games having a chance to hit the Overs, though the Washington game will be the selection, i also feel that Pittsburgh can upset and hopefully Washington will be playing catch up. I will also take the New Jersey game for Overs at nice odds. . All of my selections are based from past results and stats, this may show us a game which may have an advantage of winning. Good Luck Everyone ..... :cheers

Event Washington Capitals - Pittsburgh Penguins
Selection Washington Capitals
Strength 10/10
Date 11/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Betway @ 2.25
Reasoning After change of coach Washington started to play very well, they are in four games winning strike at home taking Buffalo 3-1, Calgary 3-1, best team in the league NY Rangers 4-1. As we can see of recent results the Capitals allowed only by one goal in past three home games and scored three or four per match. On the other hand Pittsburgh struggle without their best defender Letang, and best scorer Crosby. The Penguins has another three defenders injured but the problems in offense is bigger because they scored by one goal in past four games who they lost. The Penguins are going today after five losses in a row twice 3-1 against Devils, 1-3 against Rangers and 2-4 Flyers and yesterday night 1-5 facing Ottawa. It seems that Pittsburgh has no power to take even a points here. Washington has Ovechkin and Semin and took seven of last nine games against this rival.

Event Edmonton Oilers - New Jersey Devils
Selection Devils moneyline
Strength 10/10
Date 11/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.96
Reasoning Edmonton Oilers is going back to home after seven games road trip, when they lost six and won only in Chicago. Edmonton allowed average exactly four goals per game, five games by four, one three, one five. Poor Oilers fit 14 losses in past 18 games, including five of last eight at home. Another big problem for Edmonton is having big names in injury report. Two best scorers who lead team by points are out of this game including key defender Ryan Whitney. Eberle who score 17 goals and 43 points in 41 games is out as well as Nugent-Hopkins who scored 13 goals and 37 points in 38 games so far in the season. With these two out I think Oilers offense will struggle against good goalie which is Brodeur. However New Jersey has no problems with injuries and I think they will be well motivate taking two points here after failed yesterday in Calgary. The Devils won four out of last five visits in Rexall Place since 1998.

Sport Ice Hockey
Event Nashville Predators - Colorado Avalanche
Selection Nashville Predators -1.5 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 13/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 2.90
Reasoning Second of this back-to-back meetings between the Predators and Avalanche, this time at Bridgestone Arena after Nashville won the first one in Colorado at Pepsi Center, 4-1. By winning in Colorado in the previous round the Predators have now 6 straight wins against the Avs (4 last season + 1 in 2009/2010). Nashville, 23-15-4 are comeback mode, last time winning their 5th of their last 6 and now heading on home ice where they are 12-7-3, 3 wins in the last 4. The Preds will have only Smithson questionable for this one. On ther side, Colorado, 23-20-1 are looking at another bad streak, losing their 2nd straight last time at home to the Predators, now facing some important injuries like Duchene, O`Brien and Olver, while Johnson and Mueller are questionable. The Predators who have better record on home ice will bring on the 2nd best powerplay in the league (22.2 %) and my guess that penalties will make a big difference in this one because the Avs are 22nd in penalty killing (81.1 %). The 4-game winning road streak for Colorado ended suddently in St. Louis where they were shut down by the Blues, 0-4, where 2 of the goals were scored in powerplays. Counting the fact that the current conditions favors the Predators who are with 3 wins in their last 4 at Bridgestone Arena (last two won by 2 or more) and there is a good chance they will have a healty roster, I think there is a chance they could win it clearly today against Colorado gave up 8 goals in their last 2 and scored only once. Five out of the six meetings (all wins for Preds) ended with Nashville Predators winning by 2 or more goals, so I will make the same prediction here.

Event Tampa Bay Lightning - Carolina Hurricanes
Selection Tampa Bay Lightning - 1.5 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 12/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Boylesports @ 2.90
Reasoning Tampa Bay keep strong home fit they are going today with five home win in a row taking leader in Western Conference two days ago. The Lightning defeat another strong team Philadelphia 5-1 through that strike they also stopped this rival Carolina Hurricanes 5-2 in New Year's eve two weeks ago. On the other hand Carolina continue to play very bad on the road. They recorded six away losses in a row, the last three were with two or more goals, 5-2 loss in Nashville, 4-2 loss against weak Penguins, 5-2 loss here in Tampa. Tampa Bay has no problems with key players while Carolina continue to be without key attacker Jeff Scinner.

Sport Ice Hockey
Event Nashville Predators - Colorado Avalanche
Selection Nashville Predators -1.5 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 13/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 2.90
Reasoning Second of this back-to-back meetings between the Predators and Avalanche, this time at Bridgestone Arena after Nashville won the first one in Colorado at Pepsi Center, 4-1. By winning in Colorado in the previous round the Predators have now 6 straight wins against the Avs (4 last season + 1 in 2009/2010). Nashville, 23-15-4 are comeback mode, last time winning their 5th of their last 6 and now heading on home ice where they are 12-7-3, 3 wins in the last 4. The Preds will have only Smithson questionable for this one. On ther side, Colorado, 23-20-1 are looking at another bad streak, losing their 2nd straight last time at home to the Predators, now facing some important injuries like Duchene, O`Brien and Olver, while Johnson and Mueller are questionable. The Predators who have better record on home ice will bring on the 2nd best powerplay in the league (22.2 %) and my guess that penalties will make a big difference in this one because the Avs are 22nd in penalty killing (81.1 %). The 4-game winning road streak for Colorado ended suddently in St. Louis where they were shut down by the Blues, 0-4, where 2 of the goals were scored in powerplays. Counting the fact that the current conditions favors the Predators who are with 3 wins in their last 4 at Bridgestone Arena (last two won by 2 or more) and there is a good chance they will have a healty roster, I think there is a chance they could win it clearly today against Colorado gave up 8 goals in their last 2 and scored only once. Five out of the six meetings (all wins for Preds) ended with Nashville Predators winning by 2 or more goals, so I will make the same prediction here.
Mate you said everything,nothing much to say from me. :ok Predators @ 2.00 pinnacle

Re: NHL regular season 2011/2012 Flyers ML @ Islanders. 1.74 @ Pinnacle Flyers have won six in a row in the series and I'd be very surprised if they failed to continue this streak. Islanders not amongst the best teams once again. Flyers has got great offense, especially away from home. And another important factor behind the idea of backing Philly is that Sergei Bobrovsky will be in the goal today. If it was Brizgalov playing I'd stay away but Bobrovsky is very solid goaltender. Flyers should win this in regulation and perhaps by at least couple goals but I'm not taking any chances and playing safe. 1.74 for Moneyline looks good enough for me. Lightning vs Hurricanes. Over 5.5 goals. 1.83 @ Pinnacle Neither of these two will be involved in play offs this year, I guess. Tampa is very exciting team to watch, especially at home. Stamkos is on fire this season. Since the change of coaching staff in Carolina they have improved a bit in terms of quality on the offensive end. I think this match just have to be full of goals. This will be 4th meeting between these two in this season and all previous 3 matches have gone overs and I can se no reason why it should be any different this time around.

Re: NHL regular season 2011/2012 01;30 Tampa Bay Lightning - Carolina Hurricanes TB money line @ 1.63 5dimes Tampa Bay Lightning looking to once again get points from Carolina, last time they meet it was 5-2 for Tampa Bay Lightning. I seen some good trends for this game that I will share with you: Favorite is 12-4 in the last 16 meetings, Hurricanes are 1-4 in the last 5 meetings and Hurricanes are 2-5 in the last 7 meetings in Tampa Bay and a killer trend Hurricanes are 2-10 in their last 12 vs. a team with a losing record. Enought sead TB easy win.

Event New York Rangers - Ottawa Senators
Selection Senators
Strength 10/10
Date 12/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Bwin @ 3.60
Reasoning New York Rangers are the best team in NHL at the moment sitting on the 1st place they also keep good fit taking ten out of last eleven games including five in a row at home. However Rangers did not like to play against Ottawa especially at Madison Square Garden because they lost 10 out of last 12 home games against them. I noticed that Rangers home fit goes down because they struggle to take in regular time past two home games against weak Phoenix overtime decider and Florida another overtime decider. On the other hand Ottawa is doing so well this year, they won six out of last seven games including 1-5 when Penguins three days ago. Ottawa has key defender Gonchar back into the squad and I believe they will not lose another road game in regular time as they did last seven road games.

Event Boston Bruins - Montreal Canadiens
Selection over 5.5
Strength 10/10
Date 12/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 2.20
Reasoning Boston is so strong right now, they won 23 of last 28 games. Boston is going today after four over 5.5 in a row at home. The Bruins defeat Florida 8-0, Calgary 9-0, Winnipeg 5-3, and failed 3-4 against best team in Western Conference Vancouver Canucks but that was very rough game repeat of past season Stanley Cup finals. Boston recorded eight over in last ten games overall. On the other hand Montreal recorded three over 5.5 in last four road games. The Canadiens failed 5-1 when visited Chicago, 4-3 in Tampa and defeat another strong team Ottawa 2-6 in three out of last four road games. No missing key offensive players to both sides if I did not count long time injured Canadiens center Scott Gomez.

Event Detroit Red Wings - Phoenix Coyotes
Selection Coyotes moneyline
Strength 10/10
Date 12/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Nordicbet @ 2.90
Reasoning Detroit Red Wings hold incredible home record 15 win just three losses, winning the last twelve home games in regular time. However Detroit has big problems right now because they were crushed when visited last placed team in Eastern Conference NY Islanders two days ago 5-1 to record their fifth loss in past seven road games. It was very bad night for the Red Wings playing without their top scored this season Datsuyk who lead the by goals 43 points in 41 games. Datsyuk will not be playing today again. On the other hand Coyotes showed good hockey two days ago when took a point when visited best team in NHL by points NY Rangers another good homer. Phoenix has no problems with injuries they are full squad and I'll try taking this one because in nhl has no long strikes, 12 home win in a row are enough for the Wings.

Event St.Louis Blues - Vancouver Canucks
Selection over 5.5
Strength 10/10
Date 12/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.46
Reasoning St Louis Blues is the best homer in NHL by points they played four more home games than Red Wings but hold 17-5 record. The Blues won nine out of last ten home games scoring by three goals in each of past three against Oilers, Coyotes, Avalanche. On the other hand Vancouver still lead the Western Conference two points more than second placed Blues and Blackhawks so this should be tough encounter today. Vancouver will seek to revenge after they failed in both games this season against Blues 0-3 home, 3-2 on road. However Vancouver recorded three over in last five road games, scoring 16 goals, allowed 15. The big games who they played in past five days 4-5 win in Tampa, 3-4 win in Boston. Between, these two teams recorded seven under 5.5 in a row since January 2010, total 12 under in last 14 games, that is too much so this strike should be stopped today.

Re: NHL regular season 2011/2012 Record for last 8 days ..... 08G - 06W - 02L ..... This week 3G - 2W - 1L NHL - Winnipeg v San Jose ..... 12th Jan 2012 Winnipeg v San Jose .......... 5.5 Over at $2.00, odds at >Bet365 All of my selections are based from past results and stats, this may show us a game which may have a slight advantage of winning. Good Luck Everyone ..... :cheers

Sport Ice Hockey
Event Columbus Blue Jackets - Phoenix Coyotes
Selection Phoenix Coyotes (Money Line)
Strength 10/10
Date 14/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.90
Reasoning Just first of four meetings today at Nationwide Arena between the Columbus Blue Jackets and Phoenix Coyotes which finds both in the same kind of "mood". The difference is that Columbus, now 11-26-5 are going this way from the start of the season which they started with nothing else then a 8-game losing streak. Last time they were at the Blackhawks where they lost their 2nd straight game, 2-5. Martinek, Wisniewski, Letestu, Carter, Umberger and Huselius will be out for the Jakets in this one. On the other side there is a different situation, Phoenix, 20-17-7 who had a decent run untill mid december are just in a big slump, but I have reason to believe that they may get out of it, for example, they got points in their last 4 games in a row from which one was a home win while the other three were road games lost but in extra time or penalties. They will have some injuries as well, with Schlemko still out along with Sauer, while Hanzal is doubtfull. Counting these current situation I choose the Coyotes who look better to me adding that they will be facing the worst team in the league in home games, Columbus, 6-11-3. Win Phoenix Coyotes.