** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

NHL regular season 2011/2012

Re: NHL regular season 2011/2012

Event Chicago Blackhawks - Detroit Red Wings
Selection Detroit Red Wings
Strength 10/10
Date 08/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 2.89
Reasoning Detroit Red Wings sits on the fifth place in Western Conference only a point behind today rivals Chicago Blackhawks. Chicago didn't do so well past week they lost three games in a row, if I count the home loss against Los Angeles Chicago lost four of last five games including three of four played at home. Definitely Chicago is in poor home fit right now, they lost at home against Los Angeles 0-2, Edmonton 3-4, Colorado two days ago 0-4. The lone home win in past four games came against this rival Detroit 3-2 but I think now the Red Wings will be angry and well motivate. Detroit won two of last four games defeat strong Nashville 1-4 and Dallas 4-5, but failed 4-3 in Toronto and 3-2 in Chicago in last four away games. Of course the Red Wings played against strong teams who are in playoff spot now. On the other hand Chicago lost three games at home against weak teams. Detroit won four of last six games played in United Center in past two years. I think these odds to the away team represents good value.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Event Anaheim Ducks - Columbus Blue Jackets
Selection over 6.5
Strength 10/10
Date 08/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Bwin @ 2.90
Reasoning The will battle between outsiders Anaheim Ducks has only a point more than last placed Columbus. Anaheim sits on 29th place while Columbus sits on 30th place in NHL of total 30 teams in that competition. These two teams are trailing 20 points behind playoff spot so earlier in the season, that's why they will play for fun till the end of regular season. However Columbus won two of past three away games defeat Los Angeles 0-1 and Dallas 1-4 now they will visit another team of Pacific division. Two weeks ago Columbus played very tough games in St Louis 6-4 loss, Nashville 6-5 loss, if they have a day can score very east and I expect that to happen today because Ducks defense is very weak as well as their own. On the other hand Anaheim recorded five over 5.5 in last seven games three over 6.5. Today the Ducks will play their fifth home game in a row, they allowed average four goals per match and scored average by two. However Anaheim has Bobby Ryan and Saku Koivu back in the squad two very good offensive player, so I think they should score more than two goals today against weak Blue Jackets defense. The last encounter between in Honda Center finished 6-0 home win and I think this game should be goal affair.

Re: NHL regular season 2011/2012 Chicago - Detroit Looking good for our Overs and i can see this game hitting over 7 goals as the patten is looking like the Winnipeg and Boston games which was stress free for us 3 and 4 days ago, looking for 2 goals in the 2nd period and may be 2+ in the 3rd, here's hoping. :hope If Chicago can win, i can see Columbus upsetting Anaheim, time will tell.

Re: NHL regular season 2011/2012 I watched that game both teams have many chances over goal but Ty Conklin was incredible on the net for the Wings, he was picked for three stars no one expected to see so good Conklin as well as Howard was rested

I watched that game both teams have many chances over goal but Ty Conklin was incredible on the net for the Wings' date=' he was picked for three stars no one expected to see so good Conklin as well as Howard was rested[/quote'] If only he did that after the 6th goal, lols, then it wouldn't have felt so bad.

Sport Ice Hockey
Event Los Angeles Kings - Washington Capitals
Selection Washington Capitals (Money Line)
Strength 10/10
Date 10/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 2.15
Reasoning The Washington Capitals will head to Staples Center to take on the Los Angeles Kings, last time the two teams met the Kings were winning 4-1 at the Verizon Center (last season). The Caps, 21-16-2, 10th in the East are now on a stable course despite the loss in San Jose against the Sharks, 2-4 which ended a good 4-game winning streak. For this one Poti will be out while Backstrom and Green are questionable. Kings, 20-15-7, 9th in the West and not getting anything right, no winning streak and no losing streak, last time they lost against the weekest team in the league Columbus at home, the 2nd one at Staples Center in their last 3 played. Gagne, Parse will miss this one for Los Angeles while Voynov and Penner are questionable. Counting the fact that the Kings look unstable lately on home ice, following a 3-game winning streak with 2 losses in 3 games, I think this is a good chance for the Caps who are trying to improve their road to get a win today when they are as healty as they are now. My pick is on the Washingtop Capitals to win in this one.

Event Florida Panthers - Vancouver Canucks
Selection draw
Strength 10/10
Date 09/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Nordicbet @ 4.20
Reasoning Florida Panthers sits on the third place in Eastern Conference but they are in bad fit past two weeks. However Florida has no big problems with injuries now and they sure will start to play better in close time. Florida drew eight of total 19 home games so far in the season that is almost 50 percents of home games finished draw. The Panthers recorded six drawn games in last 13 overall another almost 50 percents. On the other hand Vanocuver Canucks is dog today because they lead the Western Conference after took revenge in Boston two days ago 3-4 win. However Vancouver recorded two draw in last six games they doesn't like to visit Eastern Conference teams sure will not be so impressed to visit Florida. It is interesting that five out of last ten games between finished draw that is exactly 50 percents for whole ten games including two of past three played at BankAtlantic Center.

Re: NHL regular season 2011/2012 Los Angeles - Washington Generous odds for Caps in this game. I was all over under until the confirmation about starting goalies came out, i strongly tipped Quick to make anoter start today, but instead he is rested and for him Bernier will take the goal and that is in my opinion one big edge for Caps. Another thing worth mentioning is inneficiency of Kings. They create chances, but fail to put the puck into net. They are probably one of worst teams in this entry, with awful ratio 3,9% - Caps in contrast 10% better, and that should make a big difference, even more as Caps are good in defensive duties. One thing worth to mention is that Caps are lately excellent in PP with over 55% power plays treansfered into goals - Kings again bad with only 5%. Injuries shold not play major role today, but i do expect a win for Caps as they are solid as Kings in D, but far more sharp and dangerous in offence. Washington Caps ML @ 2.18 Pinnacle

Event Los Angeles Kings - Washington Capitals
Selection under 4.5
Strength 10/10
Date 09/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Gamebookers @ 2.70
Reasoning Los Angeles will go to their fifth consecutive home game today. The Kings previous four home games finishes 0-1 Columbus loss, 0-0 Phoenix, 1-1 Colorado, 4-1 win against Vancouver. If I count road games Los Angeles recorded 5 under 4.5 of total six games because they finished 0-0 in Winnipeg and won in Chicago 0-2. As you see of these results the Kings scored 10 goals in six games but in last three home games they scored only one goal, and allowed three. On the other hand Washington recorded two under 4.5 in last four games, they defeat Buffalo and Calgary with the same score 3-1. The last game between at Staples Center finished 2-1 for the homer.

Re: NHL regular season 2011/2012 NHL -Los Angeles v Washington .......... 9th Jan 2012 Los Angeles v Washington .......... 5.5 Over at $2.40, odds at >Bet365 First selection of a new week. Punters, all of my selections are based from past results and stats, this may show us a game which may have a strong advantage of winning. This along with your knowledge, could help you profit and may even save you money. Good Luck Everyone ..... :cheers

Re: NHL regular season 2011/2012 Bruins -1.5 @ 1.95 - 2.00 Excellent situational spot for Bruins. Sure they are probably one of best teams atm in league, but they managed to loose against Cans in last game, reason, non disciplined game in which they gave guest opportunity to play with man more 11 times, which should be one of record high. Cans accepted the gift and scored all their goals in PP. Another good situation is the fact Jets defeated Bruins last time out, so revenge factor also noted. Injuries: guests miss Burmistrov, Stapleton and Byfluglien, while Bruins have Marchand banned, i reckon Jets will have tiny more problems with that. Performance wize, Bruins are top, excellent in all positional plays and i reckon if they wont allow Jets too much power plays and play mch more disciplined as they did in last game i see absolutely no chances for Jets today. One thing must be noted, that both teams have great starter and backup goalies (Thomas and Rask for Bruins and Mason and Pavelec for Jets), so that might be also a deciding fact here. Still it is a situational play in which i expect Bruins to bounce back big and win it with even more than two goals.

Re: NHL regular season 2011/2012 Pittsburgh Pen-Ottawa Sen 2 ML 2,40 su bet 365 hello all after a long period to come in your post section .. and I take my sport prreferito esamme in the meeting between Pittsburgh and Ottawa ... where it seems really crowded the infirmary of the Penguins come from ... 4 more with defeats for rivals Crosby and Letang divisione.dopo the Pens have lost Staal and Neal saw two more faint as few are able to finalize ... Ottawa is a great time and I trust in the vein of Alfredsson-Spezza-realization Michalek I think that the Sens can take advantage of the many problems that Pittburgh during the implementation phase at this time Having to rely solely Dupuis-Malkin and probably Cooke. good luck to all! :ok

Re: NHL regular season 2011/2012 Flyers - Hurricanes over 5.5 @ 1.85 pinnacle Satysfying odds for the goal fiesta in Carolina today. Looking only on stats it is a matchup of: - third best offence vs. worst defence - two of most overish teams in league - teams that usualy provide excitement in terms of shots on goal and shots allowed, both teams in this department way over 30 per game, which is very high - goalies cant be rated as top ones, its Ward vs. Bobrovsky. - both teams excellent in PP, flyers on 21% while Car on 42% in last five, combined with bad PK for Car - 62% I can go on and on, but this one has all the makings of the overish game.

Event Boston Bruins - Winnipeg Jets
Selection Boston Bruins -2.5 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 10/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 2.70
Reasoning Boston Bruins lost last match who was at home against Vancouver in repeat of Stanley cup finals but they are champions and keep incredible good fit past two months. The Bruins won 23 games and lost only 5 during these two months. Boston great fit is confirmed with so big results 9-0 against Calgary, 8-0 with Panthers previous two home games as Florida sits on 3th place in East three points behind Boston. Another big win in past 20 days were 1-6 against New Jersey, 0-6 in Philadelhpia two very strong teams. Boston won last nine home games against the Jets in past four years, now they are in extraordinary strong fit so no chance for the Jets here. Winnipeg failed 4-0 in Toronto, 7-3 in Montreal in two of last three away games.

Sport Ice Hockey
Event Toronto Maple Leafs - Buffalo Sabres
Selection Toronto Maple Leafs -1.5 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 11/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 3.10
Reasoning Third of six meetings this season between the Toronto Maple Leafs and Buffalo Sabres will be played at Air Canada Centre with the score 1-1 after the first two (BUF 5-4, TOR 3-2, both at home). The Maple Leafst are now 7th in the Eastern Conference with 47 points, a 21-15-5 record, showing a good form lately, with 3 losses in their last 8, on a 3-game winning streak, hoping to end this 4-game home stand win 4 out of four after beating the Lightning (7-3), Jets (4-0) and the Red Wings (4-3). For this one Liles, Armstrong and Bozak will be out for Toronto while Reimer is questionable. On the other side the Sabres are 11th in the Eastern Conference with 41 points and 18-18-5 record, going through a difficult period where they have won just 2 of their last 10. A big list of missing players from the rosters due to injuries for Buffalo with Stuart, Tropp, Erhoff, Sekera, Ennis and Roy out. Counting the fact that the Maple Leafs have turned on the head and won 4 straight at Air Canada Centre, reaching a total of 11-5-4, I believe that they have the advantage of better moral then the Buffalo Sabres who along with the many important injuries they have lost 6 in a row on road (just once by lest then 2 goals). In this 3-game winning streak Toronto has outscored the opposition 14-6 and I think they have a good chance of getting a clear win today against Buffalo who has won only once in the last eight road games (6 out of the 7 wins were by 2 or more). So my pick in this one will be for the Toronto Maple Leafs to win by 2 or more goals.

Re: NHL regular season 2011/2012 I will be betting on the games below which missed out been the main selection today and who may well be worth watching. Boston - Winnipeg.............. 5.5 Over at $1.86, odds at Bet365 N.Y Islanders - Detroit ....... 5.5 Over at $1.95, odds at Bet365 Dallas - Anaheim ............... 5.5 Over at $1.92, odds at Unibet

Sport Ice Hockey
Event Calgary Flames - New Jersey Devils
Selection New Jersey Devils (Money Line)
Strength 10/10
Date 11/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Canbet @ 1.98
Reasoning First and only meeting of this season between the New Jersey Devils and Calgary Flames will be played at the Scotiabank Saddledome. The Flames who are now 12th in the West, 19-19-5 are in a bit of a hole right now, even though last time they ended a 5-game losing streak with a win at home over the Wild, 3-1. For this 2nd one played on home ice they won`t be abble to use players like Karlsson, Tanguay, Hannan, Moss, and Smith , where we add Bourque who is serving a 5-game suspension, while Giordano and Morrison are questionable. Devils, 23-16-2, 6th in the East and clearly not the same team as last season, coming from a win as well, their 2nd in a row, on road in Pittsburgh where they beat the Penguins, 3-1. For this road game they will miss Greene, while Zajac and Josefson are questionable. Calgary who has a decent 11-5-2 home record and won their last 6 in a row don`t really convince me in this situation where they will have do deal with so many injuries facing a team that is on a better streak lately, New Jersey, 4 wins in 6 games with a 12-9-1 road record winning 5 of their last 7 played on foreign ice. Based on these stats I think the winning streak of the Flames at Scotiabank Sddledome will come to an end today against New Jersey who will continue the good season that they are having with another win. Win New Jersey Devils.

Event New York Rangers - Phoenix Coyotes
Selection New York Rangers -1.5 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 10/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price 5Dimes @ 2.70
Reasoning New York Rangers the best team in NHL, they lead with three points more than second placed in Eastern Conference. The Rangers are going today after four home win in a row, good winning strike they took three out of these four with two goals or more. New York Rangers key defender Marc Staal is back to the squad that is good news for their defense. On the other hand Phoenix failed in four out of last five away games they are in weak fit right now. New York won 2-3 when visited Phoenix a month ago, they also hold three home games winning strike against Coyote with results like 5-2, 4-1.

Event New York Islanders - Detroit Red Wings
Selection Detroit Red Wings -1.5 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 10/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price 5Dimes @ 2.75
Reasoning If Detroit win today they will take the lead in Western Conference with 55 points, so that sure will give extra power in their legs. Detroit won five of last seven games including three of five on the road. The Red Wings has no big problems with injuries even Holmstrom may be back in the squad after injury. The Red Wings will face the weakest team in Eastern Conference who has only 34 of 39 games. NY Islanders last two games 4-2 loss against weak Anaheim, 5-1 loss with another weak team Phoenix. Detroit will has big motivation today because they lost all three games against Islanders in past two years.

Event Toronto Maple Leafs - Buffalo Sabres
Selection Toronto Maple Leafs -1.5 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 10/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price 5Dimes @ 3.12
Reasoning TML won four home games in a row, two of them with big spread 7-3 against Tampa Bay, 4-0 against Winnipeg, they also defeat today rivals Buffalo 3-2, but in the last home game came the big success against strongest team in the Western Conference Detroit Red Wings 4-3, after taking 3-0 lead early in 1st period. Great TML form contrast against poor Buffalo form. The Sabres lost six away games in a row five of them with two goals or more. TML won past three games against Buffalo Sabres, they are in good fit now with no missing key players that's why I will back them again.

Event Pittsburgh Penguins - Ottawa Senators
Selection under 4.5
Strength 10/10
Date 10/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 4.26
Reasoning I saw value at these odds. The last three Penguins games finished with the same score 3-1 all losses, so Penguins scored by one goal in last three home games and allowed by three. The Penguins played against strong teams Devils, Rangers, Flyers. On the other hand the last four Sentaros games on road finished under 4.5. Ottawa failed to score more than two goals in all of them. The results are three times draw 2-2, one game finished 1-1, so the Senators are going today after four under 4.5 in a row. Two of last five games between also finished under 4.5 3-1 and 2-1 home win. Pittsburgh will struggle today in offense because Crosby, Staal, Neal will miss this game.

Event Minnesota Wild - San Jose Sharks
Selection over 6.5
Strength 10/10
Date 10/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Bwin @ 3.70
Reasoning Minnesota has big problems with injuries of their captain who lead the team by points Koivu, another big loss to their defense was injury of first line right wing Setoguchi and Bouchard. Now all these three key offensive players are fit and I expect that team to play aggressive offensive hockey today seek to their second win in past ten games. On the other hand San Jose keep good fit, they has no big stars in offense injured, Marleau, Thornton are fit. San Jose last game finished 5-2 against Washington, while Minnesota last three home games finished over 5.5. Two of last five games between finished over 6.5 so this odds also represents value.