** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Australian A League Season 2011/2012

Re: Australian A League Season 2011/2012 Wellington v Brisbane Under 2.5 @ 1.90 Four of Wellington's last five games have ended under 2.5. What's more, that included a 1-1 draw with a Brisbane side in much better form than the current one and at Roar's home ground. On Kiwi soil and still without Broich I expect Brisbane to struggle with Welly's game of containment - they're not a attacking side like Brisbane, Central Coast, Newcastle and I expect them to concentrate on shutting down supply to Brisbane's forwards and maybe snatch something from a set piece ala last week against Perth. 1-1 a possible likely result. Brisbane vs Central Coast Over 2.5 @ 1.80 These games always seem to produce plenty of scoring, and whilst Brisbane will still likely be without playmaker Broich they will be keen to get back on track after back-to-back losses. CCM are their biggest threat to a title win this year, so you might expect them to play defensively but I've personally never seen Ange Postecoglou's side take this approach. It might end in a draw, but there'll be goals in it I think. Melbourne Heart DNB @ 2.10 I think that Perth Glory are playing pretty poorly at the moment - they lost to Wellington away in a pretty dire game, and only won 2-0 at home against bottom side Gold Coast due to a couple of penalties. Heart on the other hand are in great form and seem to be creating chances from everywhere. Ferguson's men might try and grind out a result, but I think Heart will create a bit too much attacking pressure and we might see more speculation about the Glory coaching position during the week.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Australian A League Season 2011/2012 Adelaide vs Gold Coast United Home side will be boosted by the return of Sergio Van Dijk and Dario Vidosic, but this time in a better fitness form. Last game was the first after injuries and now will show their class. Gold Coast will miss Porter and Broadfoot injured, while Salley is suspended. Home side won 2-1 few weeks ago and winning a point with Melbourne Victory must have boosted their morale a lot. Gold Coast made a 0-0 with Sydney, but I do not think they will have the power to stop Adelaide. home -0.25 AH @ 1.87 with 188bet

Re: Australian A League Season 2011/2012

Thursday 22 December 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Sydney FC v Adelaide United (08:30 GMT) 1.64 3.9 6.2 102.75 %
Friday 23 December 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Wellington Phoenix v Newcastle United Jets (06:30 GMT) 1.9 3.45 4.5 103.59 %
maximize.gif Melbourne Heart v Melbourne Victory (09:00 GMT) 2.78 3.4 2.76 101.61 %
maximize.gif Perth Glory v Central Coast Mariners (11:00 GMT) 3.75 3.45 2.1 103.27 %
Monday 26 December 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Gold Coast United v Brisbane Roar (08:30 GMT) 3.75 3.55 2.2 100.29 %

Re: Australian A League Season 2011/2012 Sport Football (Australia) Event Perth - Central Coast Selection Draw Strength 10/10 Date 23/12/2011 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 3.50 Reasoning I see very good chances for the draw in this match, odds are too high. Central Coast are leader of the table, three points more than second place and one match less. Situation is very good for Central Coast. Guests are last team in league without draw in away matches.. Perth at home too is without a single draw - 3 wins and 2 losts, 5:3 goals balance. Always at home play very close football. 3 of last 6 home matches for Perth against Central Coast end with draw.. Sport Football (Australia) Event Hearth - Victory Selection Over 3.5 Strength 10/10 Date 23/12/2011 Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 3.25 Reasoning Derby of the Melbourne. First match in this season end with 0:0 result, but before this game both teams are without key defense players and I see very good chances for big result. In previous season one match end with 3 goals and two matches with exactly 4 goals, after 0:0 time for the few goals. 5 of last 10 league matches for Victory end with minimum 4 goals, 5 of last 6 league matches for Heearth end with minimum 3 goals. I feel goals here. Sport Football (Australia) Event Wellington - Newcastle Selection Wellington -1.5 (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 23/12/2011 Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 3.80 Reasoning I can image easy win for Wellington in this match, really. Too high odds for the asian handicap option. Wellington at home is very strong team, the best in league in my opinion, always play very physical style, hart for the opponents. In last home match beat second team in table Brisbane 2:0, in my opinion can repeat this result today. Newcastle is the worst away team in league, only one point and one goal scored in 5 matches. In last round lost 1:2 at home against Sydney.. 3-0

Re: Australian A League Season 2011/2012 Melbourne Heart v Melbourne Victory Over 2.5 @ 1.82 Sportsbet Both teams to score @ 1.62 Sportsbet My selections are based on a couple of factors. 1. The small history between these clubs suggests goals are generally scored, with their only meeting this season being the exception. I can't see it being another scoreless draw though, both sides have improved in leaps and bounds, their attacking threats have become far stronger. 2. Victory have been involed in a tonne of high scoring games recently. 6 of their past 8 fixtures have beaten the 2.5 mark, and both teams have scored in 7 of the past 8 fixtures involving Victory. 3. In their past 6 outings, Heart have been involed in 5 games in which the final score was over 2.5, and 4 of those 6 involved both teams scoring. Simples to me. Stats and history can sometimes go out the door during fierce derby matches like this, but regardless of what happens tonight, I think we'll definitely be in for a couple of goals. :hope

Re: Australian A League Season 2011/2012 Central Coast @ 1.90 centrebet :D Central Coast -1 (EH) @ 4.15 centrebet :D Perth have won just once in their last 8 games, as well as losing two of their last 3 home games. Thet are without Burns in midfield, which is a big loss for them considering that they need his combative efforts to negate CC's physical game. Central Coast have won their last 5 games, scoring at least 2 goals in each of them (total of 14 goals), and with Perth allowing a goal in 6 of their last 7 games, then like CC to score here. Though CC have allowed goals in 3 of their last 5 games they have won, Perth have scored in just 3 of their last 7 games, and not as confident in them scoring, as I am in CC doing so. CC beat Perth 3-1 in the corresponding game last year, as well as beating them by the same scoreline earlier this season, and like them to continue their good form here, and win again Record: 15-24 (+1.79)

Melbourne Heart v Melbourne Victory Over 2.5 @ 1.82 Sportsbet ;) Both teams to score @ 1.62 Sportsbet ;) My selections are based on a couple of factors. 1. The small history between these clubs suggests goals are generally scored, with their only meeting this season being the exception. I can't see it being another scoreless draw though, both sides have improved in leaps and bounds, their attacking threats have become far stronger. 2. Victory have been involed in a tonne of high scoring games recently. 6 of their past 8 fixtures have beaten the 2.5 mark, and both teams have scored in 7 of the past 8 fixtures involving Victory. 3. In their past 6 outings, Heart have been involed in 5 games in which the final score was over 2.5, and 4 of those 6 involved both teams scoring. Simples to me. Stats and history can sometimes go out the door during fierce derby matches like this, but regardless of what happens tonight, I think we'll definitely be in for a couple of goals. :hope
38 minutes in and both bets are already secured ;) 2-1 to the Heart. We could be in for a few more goals here, considering a penalty has already been missed by Victory, and both sides are playing such open, end to end football. I'm already happy despite what outcome it may be.

Re: Australian A League Season 2011/2012 Perth Glory v Central Coast I must try to take gift at local. Central have 10 points over home team and they are in much better shape with five consecutive wins. They have no important injuries and absences. But because home team in a series of two defeats and fans are slowly losing patience with Scottish coach Ferguson. He still has a lot of problems with injured players: Sikora, N. Young, Neville, Coyne, Andrezinho are out and last absence is captain Burns. Perth defeated Mariners only once in the last 13 mutual matches. So fair odds for away win should be about 1,75-1,80 and I've 2,10 at local! 2 @2,10local 3/10 fair>>1,80

Perth Glory v Central Coast I must try to take gift at local. Central have 10 points over home team and they are in much better shape with five consecutive wins. They have no important injuries and absences. But because home team in a series of two defeats and fans are slowly losing patience with Scottish coach Ferguson. He still has a lot of problems with injured players: Sikora, N. Young, Neville, Coyne, Andrezinho are out and last absence is captain Burns. Perth defeated Mariners only once in the last 13 mutual matches. So fair odds for away win should be about 1,75-1,80 and I've 2,10 at local! 2 @2,10local 3/10 fair>>1,80
I bet Central to take two or more goals....:) Odds was 2.30

Perth Glory v Central Coast I must try to take gift at local. Central have 10 points over home team and they are in much better shape with five consecutive wins. They have no important injuries and absences. But because home team in a series of two defeats and fans are slowly losing patience with Scottish coach Ferguson. He still has a lot of problems with injured players: Sikora, N. Young, Neville, Coyne, Andrezinho are out and last absence is captain Burns. Perth defeated Mariners only once in the last 13 mutual matches. So fair odds for away win should be about 1,75-1,80 and I've 2,10 at local! 2 @2,10local 3/10 fair>>1,80
1:3 :clap

Re: Australian A League Season 2011/2012 Gold Coast vs Brisbane Away side is in a bad series of lost games and has many absent players for today: Thomas Broich (heel), James Meyer (adductor), Henrique (cork), Matt Smith (groin). Gold Coast has 2 positive results lately and that 3-0 administrated to Adelaide makes me think they will be able to put some pressure on Brisbane today. EXPECT A TIGHT GAME AND DRAW AFTER 90 MINUTES! DRAW @ 3.82 with PinnacleSports

Thursday 29 December 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Sydney FC v Melbourne Heart (08:30 GMT) 2.2 3.5 3.65 101.42 %
Friday 30 December 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Adelaide United v Wellington Phoenix (09:00 GMT) 2.38 3.3 3.25 103.09 %
Saturday 31 December 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Newcastle United Jets v Perth Glory (05:00 GMT) 2.04 3.5 4 102.59 %
maximize.gif Central Coast Mariners v Gold Coast United (07:15 GMT) 1.59 4.3 6.6 101.30 %
maximize.gif Brisbane Roar v Melbourne Victory (09:30 GMT) 1.84 3.75 4.75 102.07 %

Re: Australian A League Season 2011/2012 Central Coast Mariners> Gold Coast Utd = 1(1.55) Totosì stake 7 / 10 Central Coast Mariners position 1° points 26 Gold Coast Utd position 9° points 12 Preview: Central Coast Mariners, there were no absences. Gold Coast Utd: Absent Porter (forward 3 / 0), Broadfoot (forward 0 / 0), Moss (goalkeeper 11 / 0), MacAllister (forward 12 / 3); Suspended: Beekmans (midfielder 11 / 0). The Central Coast Mariners has a score in-house w3-d2-l0 goals scored 8 goals against 3 while the Gold Coast Utd has a score out of the house w1-d1-l5 goals scored 9 goals against 14. The home team is from 6 consecutive wins in the league while the visiting team in the last 6 games has recorded 2 wins, 1 draw and 3 defeats. The Gold Coast Utd out of the house is very weak with 5 losses in 7 games. The home team is in great shape and fight for the title. Overcoming the overwhelming home team, sign 1 net. Mariners has not lost in any of the last 7 meetings. Matt Simon is the best scorer for Mariners with his 5 goals. James Brown has made ​​to Gold Coast Utd 4. In the last 5 games playing at home with Mariners Mariners won 2 times, I have 2 trim and Gold Coast Utd has won 1. The goal difference is 8-5 in favor of Mariners :hope:hope:hope

Re: Australian A League Season 2011/2012 Brisbane Roar> Melbourne Victory=over (1.80) bet365 stake 6 / 10 Brisbane Roar position 3° points 20 Melbourne Victory position 6° points 15 Preview: Brisbane Roar: in doubt: Andrew Redmayne (goalkeeper 1 / 0), Thomas Broich (midfielder 8 / 2). Melbourne Victory: injured: Tando Velaphi (goalkeeper 28 / 0). The Brisbane Roar has a score in house w4-d1-l2 goals scored 18 goals against 6 while the Melbourne Victory has a score out of the house w1-d1-l3 goals scored 5 goals against 8. The home team in the last 5 games recorded 5 losses, 2 of which were completed while the visiting team over the last 5 games has recorded 2 wins 1 draw and 2 losses, 4 of which were completed over. The meetings between these two teams ended with many goals as you can see from the table: 05/11/11 THE Melbourne Victory 2-2 Brisbane Roar 03/12/10 THE Melbourne Victory 3-3 Brisbane Roar 23/10/10 THE Brisbane Roar 2 to 1 Melbourne Victory 12/09/10 THE Melbourne Victory 3-0 Brisbane Roar I think this game will eventually end up with a lot of goals. :hope:hope:hope

Wednesday 4 January 2012 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Wellington Phoenix v Sydney FC (02:00 GMT) 2.5 3.3 3.05 103.09 %
maximize.gif Melbourne Heart v Adelaide United (04:15 GMT) 1.75 3.75 5 103.81 %
maximize.gif Newcastle United Jets v Gold Coast United (06:30 GMT) 2.4 3.35 3.15 103.26 %
maximize.gif Central Coast Mariners v Melbourne Victory (08:45 GMT) 1.83 3.6 4.6 104.06 %
maximize.gif Perth Glory v Brisbane Roar (11:00 GMT) 3.9 3.4 2.02 104.56 %
Saturday 7 January 2012 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Adelaide United v Brisbane Roar (06:30 GMT) 3.41 3.32 1.98 109.95 %
maximize.gif Melbourne Victory v Newcastle United Jets (08:45 GMT) 1.81 3.31 4.06 110.09 %

Re: Australian A League Season 2011/2012 Perth Glory> Brisbane Roar =2 (1.90) bet365 stake 5 / 10 Perth Glory position 7° points 14 Brisbane Roar position 3° points 23 Preview: Perth Glory: suspended: Billy Mehmet (forward 13 / 3), Jacob Burns (midfielder 12 / 0); in doubt: Shane Smeltz (striker 12 / 5), Andrezinho (midfielder 10 / 1); Injured: Victor Sikora (forward 1 / 0), Scott Neville (midfielder 4 / 0), Neil Young (goalkeeper 9 / 0), Steve Pantelidis (midfielder 4 / 0), Chris Coyne (defender 7 / 0). Brisbane Roar: in doubt: James Meyer (midfielder 5 / 1), Thomas Broich (midfielder 8 / 2), Henrique Silva (striker 7 / 4). The Perth Glory has a score in house w3-d0-l3 goals scored 6 goals against 6 while the Brisbane Roar has a score out of the house w2 d1-l3 goals scored 6 goals against 8. The Perth Glory drew the last game away from home with the score at 1-1 against Newcastle United Jets and the Brisbane Roar have won the last home match with a score of 3-1 to Melbourne. The home team is without a win from 4 games while the Brisbane Roar after 5 defeats won a great victory. Given the numerous absences are very important in the home team I think we can get the home team the victory. Quote of the sign 2 down on many books. :hope:hope:hope

Perth Glory> Brisbane Roar =2 (1.90) bet365 stake 5 / 10 Perth Glory position 7° points 14 Brisbane Roar position 3° points 23 Preview: Perth Glory: suspended: Billy Mehmet (forward 13 / 3), Jacob Burns (midfielder 12 / 0); in doubt: Shane Smeltz (striker 12 / 5), Andrezinho (midfielder 10 / 1); Injured: Victor Sikora (forward 1 / 0), Scott Neville (midfielder 4 / 0), Neil Young (goalkeeper 9 / 0), Steve Pantelidis (midfielder 4 / 0), Chris Coyne (defender 7 / 0). Brisbane Roar: in doubt: James Meyer (midfielder 5 / 1), Thomas Broich (midfielder 8 / 2), Henrique Silva (striker 7 / 4). The Perth Glory has a score in house w3-d0-l3 goals scored 6 goals against 6 while the Brisbane Roar has a score out of the house w2 d1-l3 goals scored 6 goals against 8. The Perth Glory drew the last game away from home with the score at 1-1 against Newcastle United Jets and the Brisbane Roar have won the last home match with a score of 3-1 to Melbourne. The home team is without a win from 4 games while the Brisbane Roar after 5 defeats won a great victory. Given the numerous absences are very important in the home team I think we can get the home team the victory. Quote of the sign 2 down on many books. :hope:hope:hope
news from Australia is that Billy Mehmet will play today after his ban was lifted by the FFA

Re: Australian A League Season 2011/2012 Apologies all haven't been on for a while too busy with work over the Christmas period!!! Great day super wednesday am catching the last 3 games. I haven't had a good in depth look at the teams for today's games but from watching the past few weeks with no bets I fancy a small flutter for the last 2 games. Central Coast v Melbourne Victory Going on full season form obviously Mariners should be a shoe in for this game. However the few games that Melbourne have shown up they have been brilliant this season and do have the potential. Mehmet Durakovic is basically at the point of win or be sacked so he will be going all out for a win tonight. Just read also they will be starting with 3 at the back instead of 4 defenders. Mariners were held to a bore draw 0-0 last week by Gold Coast so I think the odds are over for Melbourne win tonight. I think a draw is not much of a possibility....either Mariners win comfortably or Melbourne grab the win. Also Matt Simon's farewell to make things interesting, I'm sure he will want to go out on a scoring note. 2 Units Melbourne Victory Win $4.80 @ Sportsbet 1 Unit Melbourne Victory HT/FT Double $8.50 @ Sportsbet 2 Units Over 2.5 Goals $1.71 @ Sportsbet Perth Glory v Brisbane Roar Brisbane have finally snapped the 5 game losing streak with a good win last weekend over Melbourne. Perth have continued to play some ordinary football and pressure is also mounting on their coach Ferguson. Brisbane really are Perth's bogey team and I can see that continuing tonight. Out of 21 games played since the league started, Brisbane have won 12, drawn 6 and Perth have only won 3 games against the Roar. Pencil Berisha down for a goal tonight he has been immense even during the losing streak and is well due for a good tap in! 3 Units Brisbane Roar Win $1.95 @ Sportsbet

Re: Australian A League Season 2011/2012 Wellington> Perth Glory =1 (1.72) bet365 stake 6 / 10 Wellington position 4° points 21 Perth Glory position 9° points 15 Preview: Wellington: injured: Lucas Pantelis (midfielder 0 / 0). Perth Glory: Injured: Billy Mehmet (forward 14 / 3), Chris Coyne (defender 7 / 0), Victor Sikora (forward 0 / 0), Scott Neville (midfielder 4 / 0), Neil Young (goalkeeper 0 / 0), Andrezinho (midfielder 10 / 1); fall: Smeltz (striker 12 / 5). Has a score in the Wellington house w6-d1-l2 goals scored 19 goals against 10 and the Perth Glory has a score out of the house w1-d2-l4 goals scored 6 goals against 13. The home team in the last 6 home games won 5 games and the away team in the last 5 games played away from home has lost 3 times. The Wellington most of the points they get when playing at home while the Perth Glory is a disaster away from home. Home team into greater prominence, with assets pù concrete results, superior form. Prediction 1. Finally, the Perth Glory has never won at the home of Wellington getting six defeats and two draws. :hope:hope:hope