** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Australian A League Season 2011/2012

Re: Australian A League Season 2011/2012 Melbourne Victory vs Gold Coast United Many goals involving Melbourne Victory with just 2 games of 0-0 at home. Gold Coast United are on the last place, but somehow explicable as they have been changing many players. Their value is above those places and expect to get something here. My call is for goals as I clearly consider this is the best type of bets for this League. 2 or 3 goals in the match @ 1.95 with bet365

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Australian A League Season 2011/2012 Melbourne Heart +0.5 @ 2.17 :@ Shocking referee decision to allow CC to take the lead when the keeper Bolton was impeded to getting to the corner, and then after theHeart equalised, the penalty decision, where the ball hit the chest and not the arm, was diabolical. Brisbane - Perth over 3.5 @ 2.85 :D Brisbane are in a class of their own. Pissed that Berisha missed that sitter in the last minute as i also took the over 4.5 just before kick off Record: 9-21 (-4.64) Sydney @ 2.53 pinnacle Wellington have drawn their last two games but have been fortunate to do so. They were comprehensively outplayed by Brisbane but somehow managed to score with virtually their only attack of the game, while they also drew with Adelaide with a Boogard own goal in the last 10 minutes of the game giving them a draw. Prior to that they had lost their last 3 games, with 2 of them at home, losing 2-1 in both home games to the Central Coast and Melbourne Victory. Sydney comes to town on the back of some good performances where they have 3 wins and a draw from their last 5 games, which includes 7 points from their last 3 away games. While neither side has consistently been able to shut out other teams likes Sydney's recent form, as well as having won 7 of their last 8 meetings with Wellington Melbourne Victory - Gold Coast over 2.5 @ 2.09 pinnacle The Victory have gone over in 3 of their last 4 games, as they have scored twice in each of these 3 games, which much of it due to Thompson's ability to put away the chances. With Kewell and Hernandez returning to the lineup, then they should be able to create mroe for him. The Gold Coast have gone over in their last 5 games, and have allowed two goals in foir of these games, while scoring in 4 of them as well. The Victory have allowed two goals in each of their last two home games, so with both defences prone to conceding while their forwards have been scoring, can see some goals in this game

Re: Australian A League Season 2011/2012 Melbourne Victory v Gold Coast United @ 1.88 Sportsbet I'll have a punt on the Victory today. They haven't had the best of starts to the season, but the pressure has built to a point where they must start making things happen. I understand that things don't always go according to script, but Melbourne have such a talented and experienced squad, that it's hard to not beleive that eventually the results will start to fall their way. I think it's important to take note of their results this season aswell. They are still unbeaten, with 4 draws and the 1 away win over Wellington, I understand the club have big ambitions, but that's not too bad IMO, yes they will want to improve, but I think that's a decent base to build upon. The Victory have a much better side then the Gold Coast, and have arguably played the better football this season. I think they'll be looking for a huge performance in front of their home crowd, and I highly doubt we will be seeing them switch off defensively again like last week. A League Record: 10 wins, 9 losses, 1 DNB

Re: Australian A League Season 2011/2012

Melbourne Victory v Gold Coast United @ 1.88 Sportsbet :D I'll have a punt on the Victory today. They haven't had the best of starts to the season, but the pressure has built to a point where they must start making things happen. I understand that things don't always go according to script, but Melbourne have such a talented and experienced squad, that it's hard to not beleive that eventually the results will start to fall their way. I think it's important to take note of their results this season aswell. They are still unbeaten, with 4 draws and the 1 away win over Wellington, I understand the club have big ambitions, but that's not too bad IMO, yes they will want to improve, but I think that's a decent base to build upon. The Victory have a much better side then the Gold Coast, and have arguably played the better football this season. I think they'll be looking for a huge performance in front of their home crowd, and I highly doubt we will be seeing them switch off defensively again like last week. A League Record: 10 wins, 9 losses, 1 DNB
Another crazy game, but Melbourne got the points in the end. A League Record: 11 wins, 9 losses, 1 DNB

Re: Australian A League Season 2011/2012 Sydney @ 2.53 :@ Another game got robbed with Sydney should have received two penalties, and if they score, they win the game. Refereeing this weekend has been abysmal Melbourne Victory - Gold Coast over 2.5 @ 2.09 :D Record: 10-22 (-4.55)

Friday 2 December 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Adelaide United v Central Coast Mariners (09:00 GMT) 2.94 3.3 2.64 102.20 %
Saturday 3 December 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Newcastle United Jets v Melbourne Victory (08:45 GMT) 2.52 3.3 3.15 101.73 %
maximize.gif Perth Glory v Gold Coast United (11:00 GMT) 2.06 3.4 4.1 102.35 %
Sunday 4 December 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Melbourne Heart v Wellington Phoenix (04:00 GMT) 2.1 3.4 4 102.03 %
maximize.gif Sydney FC v Brisbane Roar (06:00 GMT) 4.33 3.75 1.95 101.03 %

Re: Australian A League Season 2011/2012 Price dropping already so I thought I'd get in early on Heart: Melbourne Heart @ 2.00 (bet365) Welly don't travel well, the Heart have been playing better of late, and although Ifil returns for the Phoenix I just see the Melbournians edging this one. Dugandzic returning from international duty will also help them.

Price dropping already so I thought I'd get in early on Heart: Melbourne Heart @ 2.00 (bet365) Welly don't travel well, the Heart have been playing better of late, and although Ifil returns for the Phoenix I just see the Melbournians edging this one. Dugandzic returning from international duty will also help them.
why bookies has this game as "neutral venue "?

Re: Australian A League Season 2011/2012 Adelaide United vs Central Coast Mariners I am losing money recently with this type of bet in Australia, but I do think I had bad luck with teams that scored in last minutes, etc. Adelaide is really struggling to score lately, but they defend well. Undefeated in last 4 games will face a tough test in this one. Mariners are coming after 5 games with 4 wins and 1 draw. Scoring is not a problem for Mariners, but against a good defensive like Adelaide's I believe will not be here another goal galore! 2 or 3 goals @ bet365

why bookies has this game as "neutral venue "?
It's being played at Morwell, which is a regional centre outside of Melbourne. Heart are trying to build links with the outlying areas, not just inner city Melbourne, and as such play a regional game in Morwell. I would hardly call it neutral though - they won't be barracking for the kiwis, that's for sure!

Re: Australian A League Season 2011/2012 Adelaide vs CCMariners I am going to take Central Coast Mariners. CCM is a boogey team for Adelaide, and more so now with their red hot form. Adelaide has several missings as well, CCM to win to nil might be a good punt also. CCM 2.37@bet365 CCM win to nil 3.75

Re: Australian A League Season 2011/2012 I'm really torn as to whether this will be a draw or a Mariners win. Neither option particularly convinces me one way or another, and the Mariners DNB isn't very good value at 1.60... So I'm going to sit this one out I think.

Adelaide United vs Central Coast Mariners I am losing money recently with this type of bet in Australia, but I do think I had bad luck with teams that scored in last minutes, etc. Adelaide is really struggling to score lately, but they defend well. Undefeated in last 4 games will face a tough test in this one. Mariners are coming after 5 games with 4 wins and 1 draw. Scoring is not a problem for Mariners, but against a good defensive like Adelaide's I believe will not be here another goal galore! 2 or 3 goals @ bet365
1 H 39. 0-3 Your tips are very simple, often just to say 2 or 3 goals but it has often given me advantage because often I follow your tip. very very thank you buddy, you often give me a tip profit ..:ok:cheers

Adelaide vs CCMariners I am going to take Central Coast Mariners. CCM is a boogey team for Adelaide, and more so now with their red hot form. Adelaide has several missings as well, CCM to win to nil might be a good punt also. CCM 2.37@bet365 CCM win to nil 3.75
Your bets looking very good mate :ok

Re: Australian A League Season 2011/2012 Caveat: I'm a Glory fan if that affects if you listen to my tips or not Perth Glory v Gold Coast United - Both Teams To Score @ 1.83 Perth are coming off a thumping from Brisbane and their manager is saying that now they're focusing on their normal game once again. I'm not entirely confident that he knows what that is, but it normally involves striker Shane Smeltz scoring a goal one way or another. Smeltz and teammate Bas van den Brink will be up against their old team Gold Coast United, so Glory should have the inside running on how they play. GCU are bottom of the table but have dangerous players of their own and have been unlucky to find themselves adrift down in the cellar. Glory have massive injury problems in defence and will be going in with likely only 2 first team defenders, plus a full back who isn't match fit. I can see both teams conceding quite easily. Over 2.5 may also be a good bet.

Re: Australian A League Season 2011/2012 Newcastle - Melbourne Victory over 2.5 @ 2.23 pinnacle Newcastle are pretty strong at home, as they have won won 3 of their 4 games there with the only loss coming in their last game against Brisbane. They have managed to score in each of these 4 games, and like them to do so again, as the Victory has allowed at least two goals in 3 of their last 4 games. Once again they are short at the back, as not only is their centre back Vargas is suspended and right back Foschini is also suspended. Up front, the Victory have a range of good attacking options with Thompson, Hernandez and Kewell if he is in the mood, who can score goals for them. They have scored at least two goals in 3 of their last 4 games so they have the firepower to score goals, while Newcastle have allowed two goals to Brisbane and the Melbourne heart, two teams like the Victory, who like to take the game to the opposition. Can see goals in this game, and with 3 of their last 4 meetings in Newcastle going over, can see this one going over too. Perth - Gold Coast over 2.5 @ 2.05 pinnacle After their 4-0 loss to Brisbane, expect Perth to bounce back here with an improved performance. They have won 2 of their 3 home games, and with the GC having conceded in each of their 8 games this season, and allowed at least two goals in 5 of their last 6 games, then the likes of Smeltz will be looking forward to scoring against his old club. The Gold Coast have a very good record against Perth, having won 4 and drawn 3 of their 6 meetings so far, so they will take it to them. Though they have managed to score in 7 of their 8 games, it is their defence that has let them down, but then again, this Perth defence is not much better of late, allowing goals in their last 5 games, as well as at least two goals in 4 of these game. With neither defence doing well, then looks like there may be some goals in it. Record: 10-22 (-4.55)

Re: Australian A League Season 2011/2012 Definitely concur with you on Perth's defence. For some detail for people here, Perth's best defensive foursome is as follows: Neville --- van den Brink -- Coyne --- Mitchell Neville and Coyne are now likely out for the rest of the season. Mitchell is being played as a central defender (which he is adept at but no match for Coyne) the covering right back is a young bloke of 19 with little to no A-League experience, there is no covering left back unless you play Todd Howarth (left wing) or Trent McLenahan (right back, not match fit). As you can see, there is some severe depletion at the back there.

Re: Australian A League Season 2011/2012 Right, bet365 have now updated their boards and this is what I'll be going with for the midweek fixture... even though it's my own team, I still think this is going to be a Sydney certainty - the Perth side hasn't even been able to fly out of Perth yet due to thunderstorms over here! Plus Sydney are in excellent form and Perth have failed to beat any of the big teams this season. Sydney FC -0.75 AH @ 1.95

Right, bet365 have now updated their boards and this is what I'll be going with for the midweek fixture... even though it's my own team, I still think this is going to be a Sydney certainty - the Perth side hasn't even been able to fly out of Perth yet due to thunderstorms over here! Plus Sydney are in excellent form and Perth have failed to beat any of the big teams this season. Sydney FC -0.75 AH @ 1.95
This match is postponed

Friday 9 December 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Brisbane Roar v Melbourne Heart (09:00 GMT) 1.48 4.5 8 102.29 %
Saturday 10 December 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Wellington Phoenix v Perth Glory (04:00 GMT) 2.24 3.35 3.6 102.27 %
maximize.gif Central Coast Mariners v Newcastle United Jets (06:30 GMT) 1.79 3.65 5.1 102.87 %
maximize.gif Melbourne Victory v Adelaide United (08:45 GMT) 1.86 3.55 4.6 103.67 %
Sunday 11 December 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Gold Coast United v Sydney FC (07:00 GMT) 3.1 3.3 2.4 104.23 %

Re: Australian A League Season 2011/2012 Brisbane - Melbourne Heart under 2.5 @ 2.28 pinnacle Brisbane finally lost a game last week and much of it was due to the absence of Broich. With Sydney pressing higher up the park, the Mrisbane midfield could not get forward like they wanted to and without Broich to make things happen, then Sydney's game plan worked. The Heart will look to do this same here, and with Broich possibly out again, they may once again have some problems moving the ball around like they do. The Heart have some decent midfielders who have been the main reason for their good form of late, so can see them doing well here. Brisbane have been pretty good at home where they have conceded just 2 goals in their 5 home games as most teams look to sit back and contain them while the Heart have 3 clean sheets and conceded just one goal in the other 4 of their last 7 games, so like the defences to come out on top here, especially if Broich does not play. Record: 11-23 (-4.32)

Re: Australian A League Season 2011/2012 Brisbane - Melbourne Heart under 2.5 @ 2.28 :eekWho would have thought the Heart would have scored twice and won the game over Brisbane Record: 11-24 (-5.32) Central Coast @ 1.81 entrebet Central Coast -1 (EH) @ 3.25 centrebet F3 derby between these two sides with Central Coast coming into this game with the form on the board. They have won 5 and drawn the other of their last 6 games, and in each of their wins they have scored at least two goals. Though they have only 2 clean sheets in these games, they have been being the job, even though some of their play is direct but effective. Newcastle have drawn one and lost 3 of their last 4 games on the road, as they have allowed at least two goals in each of these 3 road losses. They have scored just once in these 4 games and it does not get much better as they travel down to the CC where they have scored just 1 goal in their last 4 games there, and that was the only time they took a point from them. CC are playing the more consistent and with a win here, they go equal with Brisbane at the top, which sets up a great clash between these two sides next week.

Wednesday 14 December 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Wellington Phoenix v Brisbane Roar (06:30 GMT) 4 3.75 2.02 101.17 %
Friday 16 December 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Adelaide United v Gold Coast United (09:00 GMT) 2.08 3.45 4.1 101.45 %
Saturday 17 December 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Newcastle United Jets v Sydney FC (06:30 GMT) 2.68 3.3 2.88 102.34 %
maximize.gif Brisbane Roar v Central Coast Mariners (08:45 GMT) 2.15 3.5 3.8 101.40 %
maximize.gif Perth Glory v Melbourne Heart (11:00 GMT) 2.4 3.3 3.3 102.27 %
Sunday 18 December 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Melbourne Victory v Wellington Phoenix (06:00 GMT) 1.9 3.5 4.7 102.23 %