UEFA Europa League > 29 September

Re: UEFA Europa League > 29 September Late bet on the Rubin Kazan v PAOK game, but I feel it has agood chance. 1st half under 1.0 goals (AH) @ 1.65 with 188bet (might be better odds elsewhere, but I didn't have time). Greek teams traditionally play defensively in Europe, especially away from Europe. Looking at PAOK's results in Europe in recent seasons, most of the matches are low-scoring, and a large proportion are 0-0 or 1-0 at half time. Rubin are also low-scoring in Europe (albeit their matches have often been in the Champions League in recent seasons), but with new signing Valdez up top yet to settle in, and a player I don't particularly rate in Dyadyun next to him, the signs look good for another low-scoring game. PAOK have left Salpingidis in Greece, who is a very useful player to have when playing on the break.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Europa League > 29 September

This is Udinese probably line up: 3-5-1-1 handanovic,basta,danilo,ekstrand,pereya,douban,battocchio,badu,neuton,abdi,fabbrini, I'm italian and -honestly- I've never heard 3-4 of them!
i quote you. me also italian. Guidolin have the head at league and tonight must turnover. Di Natale and Domizzi not called for this match.

Rubin Kazan vs PAOK Salonic Home side is not anymore the team that used to frighten anyone in European games. They are a tough team although, despite being on 9th spot this season in Russia. Paok are leading the standings in Greece and are very concentrated on internal competition, aiming to play next year in UCL. I think we will have a very balanced game and will have a sharing of the points in this one. draw @ 3.95 with Pinnacle Sports
paok are resting some players, salpingidis the most notable one, for the weekend game with olympiakos. rubin with full squad. although paok have a history of low scoring draws in european matches, i feel this one will be diffeent. Imo, paok barely deserved a draw vs b-team of tottenham and with the big game at the weekend in their mind and a mixed squad on the pitch, i can't see past hw here, so rubin -1 @ 2.1ish looks quite attractive. Good luck

Stoke vs Besiktas We all know how good Stoke are when they are playing at home, but tonight I had a special weird feeling that Stoke are not gonna win that game today. I think the home win odds are too generous, with the home draw game against Manchester united last weekend, I am thinking those Brokers are planning the story on purpose, lead us thinking that Stoke performance will be incredible at their home ground, that's made the home win look so hot today, but I think it is a trap.....Stock WILL NOT win today! That's my opinion, i will personally lay some money on Besiktas away win and a Decent amount of money on Besiktas+1 Good luck all mate!

Re: UEFA Europa League > 29 September Going to keep things simple for tonight, just the one game: Stoke vs Besiktas I feel stoke are just too tough for besiktas to beat tonight. their asset of having their fans is a great one and i expect a full britannia stadium full of working stoke fans who will make alot of noise. Their 1 - 1 draw against manchester united will be a platform to build on. Stoke odds starting to drift, and managed to grab stoke win at 10/11. 5/10 Units

Re: Stoke vs Besiktas

First time poster... I'm really quite interested to watch this match as I am somewhat a fan of both teams. I too watched the Besiktas match this weekend where they pulled out a 1-0 victory (that game should have been tied 1-1 at the death). If memory serves me correctly Besiktas played the game without Quaresma, who was suspended. That was a huge absense for Besiktas as Quaresma is easily the creative heart of that team. He will be playing today and has the talent to take a game over if he so chooses. As for Stoke... While I love the heart and fight of this team, and love watching games at the Brittania, I feel there may be a bit of a let-down after the emoitional high of drawing United 1-1. Of course there will be a bit of a charge for plaing a European game for the first time in years, but there are only so many consecutive games a player can remain energized for. I'm putting a small wager on Besiktas on the money line and will put a small bet on a draw. Best of luck to everyone on the board and let's cash in some tickets!
First, of course, :welcome Your remark about Quaresma tempted me to go for a red card bet for this game. "Q7" is nuts. Take a look at how he got sent off during Beşiktaş's previous league game against one of their bitter rivals over recent years, Bursaspor: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUZtCENvVyg He failed to do his artistic move called "Rabona", got angry at it, kicked the opponent and was sent off. This was on the 79th minute, Bursaspor were 10 men on the pitch and Beşiktaş were down 1-0. (They went on to win 1-2 after the red card.) And as he kissed Beşiktaş's crest while going off against angry Bursaspor fans, his stupidity was forgotten and he was hailed by many BJK fans (even the title of the video above reads "Quaresma's response to Bursa fans after being sent off"). He has serious concentration problems and he doesn't care too much in general about the teamplay. I'm not too much familiar with Stoke, but if they go a bit too tough on Quaresma or any other Beşiktaş players, there's a considerable probability that it will end up in a surprise kick, headbutt, or even a brawl. (Not too recent but there is a precedent to this, in the CL game between Leeds Utd and Beşiktaş back in the year 200x something.) Besides, as refereeing standards in European competitions is slightly different from that in some domestic leagues, I think "Stoke toughness" itself also runs the risk of yielding a red card in the game. The odds for a red card is 2.5 in the Turkish local bookie. I'll go for it.

Good call. I got 2 things to add to this bet. 1st - PSG are really good lately. 2nd - There`s the big game on Sunday for Bilbao. Local Basque derby against Sociedad. That would be a bloody game. So i`m on PSG side too.
Is a 0 handicap the same as draw no bet.Not bet on handicas before so some info would be appreciated thanks.

Re: UEFA Europa League > 29 September PSG is playing Olympique lyon this weekend so that's an even bigger game then Ath.Bilbao has. Anyways, if PSG field their best line-up there is a good chance they will sneak a win here because of the low morale in the spanish squad and their great run in france with the new players they signed. But, Bilbao still is a tough team at home and most of the time they are getting results in europe. However, the +0.5 line for PSG seems value and if the line-up is strong then I will also take the straight away win. I also like the look of stoke city going for a home win but that also depends on their starting eleven. Most of the english teams rotate their squad pretty much in the europa league so we have to wait. But one thing I do know is that they very often get a good result against turkish teams. Their defense is very strong and tight and the players besiktas has don't like that kind of soccer. Something like 2-1 imo here.

Late bet on the Rubin Kazan v PAOK game, but I feel it has agood chance. 1st half under 1.0 goals (AH) @ 1.65 with 188bet (might be better odds elsewhere, but I didn't have time). Greek teams traditionally play defensively in Europe, especially away from Europe. Looking at PAOK's results in Europe in recent seasons, most of the matches are low-scoring, and a large proportion are 0-0 or 1-0 at half time. Rubin are also low-scoring in Europe (albeit their matches have often been in the Champions League in recent seasons), but with new signing Valdez up top yet to settle in, and a player I don't particularly rate in Dyadyun next to him, the signs look good for another low-scoring game. PAOK have left Salpingidis in Greece, who is a very useful player to have when playing on the break.
Stake returned...

Re: UEFA Europa League > 29 September Its extremly hard to find any argument behind Wisla. They play lately every 3 days which is not good for polish teams, they looked on Sunday very tried after game, won a game and layed on the pitch exhausted. Twente played a game day before. Next round? Twente plays at home to last team in league, seems like nothing to be worried about. Wisla plays top classic game against Legia in Warsaw. A game to be worry about. Imo if Twente scores early, Wisla will not see chances here and will think about Sunday. They have no weapons imo, out Melikson mostly, Malecki not that big loss as this guy is ridicilous with his selfish play. But what makes it the worst for Wisla is their terrible defense, pathetic! even Chavez who I rated as best of them lately in low form, Jaliens is a joke, Diaz as left back even worse. Jovanovic imo as rb plays nice but mostly in offense. Twente is supposed to play with 4 forwards today? They can have a goal fest if they only wanted it.

Re: UEFA Europa League > 29 September Sheva is 35 today,congrats mate and all the best :beer Drunk already :rollin Dynamo should do something about it tonight :p

Re: UEFA Europa League > 29 September Celtic team isn't quite full-strength for anyone still swaying on that one. It's (4-4-2): Zaluska; Matthews, Wanyama, Majstorovic, Mulgrew; Forrest, Kayal, Ki, Ledley; Bangura, Hooper. For those who don't know, there's four players who aren't regular starters, including the goalkeeper. Wanyama and Majstorovic have barely played together, so the triangle of the keeper and the centre-halves could suffer from uncertainty. Bangura makes his first start for Celtic, though considering they spent £2m on him, he's expected to become first choice. It's an attacking line-up, but if Udinese have any quality down the flanks, they should be able to expose Celtic, who look weak defensively on both sides.

Celtic team isn't quite full-strength for anyone still swaying on that one. It's (4-4-2): Zaluska; Matthews, Wanyama, Majstorovic, Mulgrew; Forrest, Kayal, Ki, Ledley; Bangura, Hooper. For those who don't know, there's four players who aren't regular starters, including the goalkeeper. Wanyama and Majstorovic have barely played together, so the triangle of the keeper and the centre-halves could suffer from uncertainty. Bangura makes his first start for Celtic, though considering they spent £2m on him, he's expected to become first choice. It's an attacking line-up, but if Udinese have any quality down the flanks, they should be able to expose Celtic, who look weak defensively on both sides.
Udinese have went out to 3.00 w/ [bet365], and are 1.850 [+0.25AH]. Seeing our line-up, I don't think I can knock back those prices. Zaluska, Majstorovich and Wanyama at the centre of our defence doesn't fill me with confidence by any means.

Sporting vs Lazio – over 2.5 goals 2.0 at Coral (3 units) Quite surpised to see the overs at better odds than the unders here.Both teams have attacking philosophies (Sporting a little more so than Lazio), and both will be taking this game seriously. We could see a real cracking match with a few goals. Lazio were a little lacklustre in front of goal against Palermo on the weekend, they had a number of chances but were unable to score. Most of Lazio’s hopes this season are going to be pinned on Cisse and Klose working well together and getting plenty of goals and Edy Reja will want to give them as much playing time together so they can work on their partnership and I reckon both will start tomorrow. Hernanes also offers a good attacking threat, and the rest of the team a good solid base for them to work from. Having dropped points in the first round of games it will be a strong team that the manager puts out. Its worth noting as well that before the result against Palermo all of Lazio’s other games this season (in all comps) had gone over, something which reflects the attacking philosophy. They are decent going forward but can sometimes lack concentration at the back. Cant speak much for Sporting but Portugese teams we now take this competition very seriously (Braga, Benfica and Porto were all in the semi’s last year), and they have shown goal scoring form in the league so far this season, so lets hope its replicated in Europe tonight!
Reminds me of the scenario with the CSKA v Inter game on Tuesday in the Champions League. Inter had surprisingly lost their first game home to Trabzonspor and CSKA had got a creditable draw at Lille. CSKA v Inter was an attacking game, with both defences under pressure and ended 2-3. I could see something similar happening too. As you say, Lazio need a result, and Sporting's attack is better than their defence. Here, Lazio drew their first game at home to Vaslui, and Sporting won in Zurich. So I think Lazio will attack and it should be an attacking game with goals.

PSG is playing Olympique lyon this weekend so that's an even bigger game then Ath.Bilbao has. Anyways, if PSG field their best line-up there is a good chance they will sneak a win here because of the low morale in the spanish squad and their great run in france with the new players they signed. But, Bilbao still is a tough team at home and most of the time they are getting results in europe. However, the +0.5 line for PSG seems value and if the line-up is strong then I will also take the straight away win. I also like the look of stoke city going for a home win but that also depends on their starting eleven. Most of the english teams rotate their squad pretty much in the europa league so we have to wait. But one thing I do know is that they very often get a good result against turkish teams. Their defense is very strong and tight and the players besiktas has don't like that kind of soccer. Something like 2-1 imo here.
Kevin Gameiro and Jeremy Ménez aren't in the group for Bilbao. But Pastore will be probably in the start eleven.

rubin kazan PAOK both to score at betfair 2.38 7/10 25% STAKE lookin at both sides recent records this bet would have come in 4 out of 5 times for both teams to add to this the recent form of POAK I feel they will fancy their chances of a goal away to kazan, and after their recent 3-2 defeat kazan will also be looking to put things right. The result is a difficult one to pick so i feel that the both to score bet is excellent value:hope
:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana

The thing is we had a 5-0 lead in the Hearts game in a 2 legged affair. This was also the first game the kids had played in. They have got a bit more experience now with trips to PAOK and Stoke - although to be fair they haven't scored in either of these games. :lol I just think Harry will want a decent result tomorrow to keep the confidence going leading into Sunday. With the like of Lennon, Dos Santos and Pienarr available I expect us to create plenty of chances against what you have to rate as much weaker opposition
I'll be following this one with interest. Backed Under 2.5 @ 2.8 on Betfair (now 2.66). Spurs could rack up a big score obviously, as even their second choice players are probably several classes above Shamrock. On the other hand, Shamrock are pretty strong defensively and will be a challenge for Spurs to break down. On balance, I just thought the 'unders' odds should be a low lower. I'll probably be proved wrong though ...

Re: UEFA Europa League > 29 September Stoke -0.5 v Besiktas @ 1.85 Bet365 A pretty strong side out for Stoke tonight. Pennant has been left on the bench so will Delap will start on the right but otherwise it's pretty much 1st team starters throughout (Shotton in for injured Wilkinson). Besiktas look to be setting out fairly defenceively with Simao and Quaresma their main attacking threats. They had a great result in their last europa match against Maccabi and they can't be under estimated. But this Stoke side are very strong at home and Pulis is setting out to win all of the home games in the group. With the narrow pitch, set pieces, physicality and home advantage, Stoke have a great chance. Crouch could really cause some problems from Delap's throws and I think Stoke will get on the score sheet. The emphasis will then be on Besiktas to score and this Stoke defence is a pretty mean one. The price earlier today had come well in on Stoke which I thought was very poor. It has now drifted back out to an acceptable level for me and with the team news, I will be backing the Ptters to ruffle a few feathers tonight.

Re: UEFA Europa League > 29 September Looks like athletico are going to let me down !!!!!:spank anyway moving on to my two final bets of the EL today rapid v PSV PSV @ 2.14 7/10 STAKE 10 % looking at these two highlighed one key factor PSV have stepped up a gear since thier last outing in the EL with 8-0 and 7-1 also taking into account the fact that they managed a 2-2 draw with ajax away i think anything over evens represents great value and with mertens on fire i am all over this current price :hope

Re: UEFA Europa League > 29 September FC Vaslui: Cerniauskas - Papp, Farkas, Pavlovici, Milanov - Adailton, Wesley, Sînmărtean, Milisavljevici - Bello, Temwanjera We see here 6 attacking players! Guys, go for overs here, over 3 even! You will see the score of this round in this one! If Vaslui catches a day like I think, they will destroy Zurich tonight!

Re: UEFA Europa League > 29 September sporting v lazio both teams to score at 1.79 9/10 STAKE 10% This bet would have been covered 9 out of 10 times in the last 10 games sporting have only failed to score once at home in 5 games and lazio have scored in every away game. also with van wolfswinkel in good form and klose for lazio also being a constant threat i think there is value in the market at 1.7 both bets are with betfair :hope