** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Europa League > 29 September

Re: UEFA Europa League > 29 September

sporting v lazio both teams to score at 1.79 9/10 STAKE 10% This bet would have been covered 9 out of 10 times in the last 10 games sporting have only failed to score once at home in 5 games and lazio have scored in every away game. also with van wolfswinkel in good form and klose for lazio also being a constant threat i think there is value in the market at 1.7 both bets are with betfair :hope
:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Celtic vs Udinese – Only one team to score 2.35 at Coral (2 units) :@ Sporting vs Lazio – over 2.5 goals 2.0 at Coral (3 units) :ok Odense vs Fulham – Fulham to win 2.5 at Coral (3.5 units) :ok
2/3 and +6.25 units profits. Overall a good midweek for me. Gutted about the late Udinese penalty as well. Match was going more or less as expected but a more than dubious penalty decision gave Udinese the chance to score an equaliser

Thanks MPLouis. Yeah I know they are a bit iffy on the road, but I think they are a better team this season than last. And not sure Braga are as good as last season - they were held 0-0 at home by Swiss side Young Boys, and only went through on away goals after a 2-2 in Bern. True they outclassed Birmingham, but that was well expected. 7.5 is a big price, would they win more than 13.33% of the time?? I already have exposure as have a medium antepost stake on Bruges to qualify, so may not play. Just think it is a big price, Bruges are no mugs imo.
FT 1-2 Gutted I didn't go with this, but my TO QUALIFY bet on Bruges looks pretty good :)

Metalist Kharkiv - AZ Alkmaar Bet: both teams to score Odd: 1,70 Bookie: local Stake: 6/10 Metalist has a good european record, first round they won in Wien against FK Austria and today they obivously want to maintain their winning strike. I see this two teams as the ones that are going to progress further from this group. Hosts are in a good shape, got 4 wins in a row, goal difference 8-1 and they are looking good. I am sure that the Ukrainen side is going to find way to score goal. AZ on the other side is also in good shape, the dutch side has 8 wins in a row, goal difference is 29-5. This is going to be nice game to watch cause the home side is going to try grab a three points but AZ also has their chances in this match so we could see a plenty of goals.
FT 1:1 :nana:nana:nana:nana

Looks like athletico are going to let me down !!!!!:spank anyway moving on to my two final bets of the EL today rapid v PSV PSV @ 2.14 7/10 STAKE 10 % looking at these two highlighed one key factor PSV have stepped up a gear since thier last outing in the EL with 8-0 and 7-1 also taking into account the fact that they managed a 2-2 draw with ajax away i think anything over evens represents great value and with mertens on fire i am all over this current price :hope
:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana happy days 4 out of 5 tonite with 30% profit

Celtic vs. Udinese. Celtic are poor in Europe, there's no doubt about that, and are only still in the Europe League because FC Sion were kicked out. Unfortunately for Celtic, they got a very tough group featuring Atletico Madrid and Udinese. Udinese are unlucky to be in the Europa League - they were unfortunate to draw Arsenal in the Champions League qualifiers and probably should have beat them. Udinese are a class above Celtic and have started well in the Serie A. Celtic, on the other hand, are sitting four points behind Rangers in what is a two-team league. Celtic have lost their last two games against decent opposition - 2-0 against Atletico Madrid, and 4-2 against Rangers. Udinese certainly have the quality to exploit Celtic's weakness in defence, as they did against Arsenal. I am also not impressed with Celtic's goalkeeper and feel their is a lack of trust and communication between him and the back four. However, Di Natalie, Domizzi, and Torje will not feature for Udinese, so I'm hesitant on backing them outright. I am quite happy to take them on the DNB line @1.90 with Paddy Power. Udinese DNB @1.90. Paddy Power.
Celtic 1 - 1 Udinese. All things considered, I'm happy with the result. I haven't seen any highlights of the match or read any reports, but apparently the penalty decision was very dubious. I'll take it though.

FT 1-2 Gutted I didn't go with this, but my TO QUALIFY bet on Bruges looks pretty good :)
(Re. Braga v Bruges) Did you see any of the game? I saw the first half and Braga were comfortably the better team. But I didn't see the second half.

2/3 and +6.25 units profits. Overall a good midweek for me. Gutted about the late Udinese penalty as well. Match was going more or less as expected but a more than dubious penalty decision gave Udinese the chance to score an equaliser
Well judged on Sporting v Lazio. I saw some of the first half, and it was an open game as you predicted. 2-1 at half time, and I thought there would be more goals in the second half, but the sending off for a Porto player early in the second half seemed to kill the game - I think Porto just tried to keep it tight after that.

The more I think I about it, the more I think there is very good value on unders in the Tottenham v Shamrock Rovers game. By all accounts, Spurs aren't particularly interested in the Europa League, and play their B squad. They thrashed Hearts 5-0 away, but then drew the return 0-0 at home, and drew 0-0 away to PAOK - http://www.soccerway.com/teams/england/tottenham-hotspur-football-club/ Added to a defensive Shamrock Rovers all of whose EL and CL games have been under 2.5 (see my earlier post above) - and I can see no reason why this isn't excellent value - can anyone else?
FT: Tottenham 3 Shamrock Rovers 1 I saw quite a bit of the game and I was impressed with Spurs. Shamrock struggled and were pretty lucky to into half time 0-0, such was Spurs' domination (they hit the bar twice I think). Shamrock themselves scored early in the second half, and this seemed to wake Spurs up as they quickly scored 3 goals themselves. Spurs took the game seriously, despite resting most of their first choice players, and the gulf in class was too big, so unders was not good value here, overs was I think (over 3.5 was over evens before the game).

Twente vs Wisla Home side is looking really impressive this season, again. They have a good power of scoring goals, despite losing Ruiz to Fulham. They managed a draw in the first game, to London against Fulham and now will try to add 3 points on their achievements. Wisla is having a bad season in europa League and lost first game home with OB, 1-3 at home. Confident win for home side imo. home -1.5 AH @ 1.91 with >Paddy Power
:ok Result: Twente 4 Wisla 1 I saw some of the game and there was a big gap between the teams. Twente impressed me - on this form, they could go far in the competition.

Maccabi Tel Aviv interest me on some form of handicap initially. Unless I'm mistaken they've only been beaten by Bayern Munich at home 1-0 during the last ten years of competitive European fixtures. Obviously, these things need to be taken into context as there have been some decent results, but there have also been some results versus mediocre opposition. There's also some gaps where they haven't qualified. I wasn't that impressed with Kiev against Stoke, although I do rate them overall as a tough side, I just feel they are a tad too short here. Having said that, Stoke played a tough game that night. Tel Aviv should prove more of a test though than the current odds suggest IMO.
Result: Maccabi 1 Kiev 1 :drums

howdy folks, last week my bet was on bilbao against slovan... ended a 2:1 win for the guests... this week my bet is Salzburg against Slovan... to be honest slovan ist still shitty... last week our coach wanted to leave after the game against Dunajska streda... he even took a cab to Bratislava, didnt go with the team... they played kosice last at home... a lucky 2 :1 win after being 0:1 behind... kosice are the worst team in our league... no money no honey... :D so... our fire power is not present at all... defense? gimme a dictionary... morale? a joke... i see a huge value in betting on Salzburg... read austrian newspapers, they are confident and strong... whereas slovan is a working (pro)gress... so the strong bet 6-7/10 is Salzburg to win and even i see value in playing handicaps... the 0:1 ... 2,5-3/10 :drums :hope
Followed on that one, cheers.

Rennes-A.Madrid = both teams to score (1.72) Totosì Preview: Rennes: injured: John Boye (defender 4 / 0), Onyekachi Apam (defender 0 / 0), Kader Mangane (defender 5 / 2), Razak Boukari (forward 5 / 2), Yacine Brahimi (midfielder 1 / 0). A. Madrid injured: Silvio (defender 3 / 0); absent (for technical reasons) Joel (goalkeeper 0 / 0), Antonio Lopez (defender 1 / 0), Koke (midfielder 1 / 0). Rennes is 5° in his French league with 15 points a score of w4-d3-l1 goals scored 18 goals against 12. In Group I, Rennes has lost the first match away against Udinese with a score of 1-2. Rennes are a good team and its staff has the likes of Hadji, Ekoko, Boukari. The A. Madrid in Spanish league with 7 points is eighth with a score of w2-d1-l2 goals scored 8 goals against 6. The A. Madrid won the first home game against Celtic with a score of 2-0. The home team is in great shape from the beginning of the season, the coach loves the game very ofensivo but shows some gaps in the defensive department, with 18 goals scored and 12 conceded. In the A. Madrid new purchases Diego, Falcao, Turan, Gabi and Reyes have given a high level of quality to the team and I think we can become one of the teams to beat in the Champions League. In the end I think this is a game with a lot of actions to goals. Probable formations: Rennes: Costil - Theophile Catherine Kana Biyik, Mavinga, Dances - M'Vila, Pajot - Hadji, Feret, Pitroipa - Montano. A. Madrid Courtois - Perea, Godin, Dominguez, Luis Filipe - Turan, Tiago, Gabi, Reyes - Diego - Falcao. :hope:hope:hope
Stoke City - Besiktas=1 (1.80) Eurobet Preview: Stoke City injured: Ricardo Fuller(striker 0/0), Kenwyne Jones(striker 5/1); absent: Jonathan Woodgate(defender 5/0); in doubt: Matthew Etherington(midfielder 6/0), Andy Wilkinson(defender 3/0), Marc Wilson(midfielder 6/0). Besiktas: injured: Hugo Almeida(striker 1/1); Suspended: Ibrahim Toraman(defender 2/0); in doubt: Jose Maria Guti(midfielder 0/0). Stoke drew 1-1 in their first match away against Dynamo Kiev. The home team in the Premier League is doing a good season so far. Stoke is 7 ° with 9 points with a score of w2-d3-l1 goals scored 4 goals against 6. He drew the last home match with a score of 1-1 against Man Utd. Stoke City at home has once again demonstrated its consistency throughout. The technician while giving way to a Pulis little 'turn over will send in competitive training camp. Besiktas won the first home game with the score of 5-1 against Maccabi. In the championship so far is playing well is 2 ° by 9 points with a score of w3-d0-l1 goals scored 7 goals against 4. He won the last home match with a score of 1-0 against Antalyaspor. The visiting team has a good team with some players internationally as Edu, Hugo Almeida (injured), Simao, Quaresma, Manuel Fernandes, Aurelius. But given that Stoke is a tricky team and very careful in defense and then I try hard to win over Stoke. Quote of the sign 1 in decline of many books. :hope:hope:hope
Sporting Lisbon-Lazio= both teams to score(1.75) / over (1.88) Totosì Preview: Sporting Lisbon: injured: Izmailov (midfielder 4 / 3), Jeffren (midfielder 2 / 1), Pereirinha (midfielder 2 / 0); absent: Elias (midfielder 3 / 1), Rodriguez (defender 5 / 0). Lazio: injured: Mauri (midfielder 1 / 0); Suspended: Zauri (defender 1 / 0); in doubt: Radu (defender 0 / 0). The Sporting is traveling very well against teams in the league so far scored 12 goals to lower level and conceding 8 hitting four straight wins in league and cups. Despite the positive moment there are problems. Domingos Paciencia must deal with several defections. In a lot of people attack as strong as rising star van Wolfswinkel protagonist with already four goals scored, and all the fantasy of the former Sevilla Diego Capel, Mati Fernandez of Chile's more, if needed, is the former Parma Bojinov on the bench. With the unexpected draw at Lazio at home to modest Vaslui the game tonight can not go wrong even if the technician has confirmed in a small turnover with the entry of Ledesma, Rocchi Gonzalez in midfield and in attack, with one of Klose and Cissé in bench. In the end I think a game full of action scoring. :hope:hope:hope
Ca$HHHHHHHHHHHHHH :ok:ok:ok

I took this last night for 1.91. Looks a good bet still. It's a bit of cliche to say it but I think foreign teams will struggle with Stoke's set pieces. Stoke can play it about a bit as well so they will be able to mix it up and cause Besiktas problems that well as well. From HastGill's and Yaman's posts it seems Besiktas have not looked that great domestically of late' date=' and the Turkish league is not as strong as it was 5 or so years ago. Bbc suggests Stoke will play a strong team. Sorensen will come in in goal as usual, Jones and Wilkinson are injured and Etherington and Marc Wilson are doubtful.[/quote'] Bet won, I watched the highlights on ESPN last night after I got back from Spurs, it seems Stoke were a little lucky considering that Besiktas hit the bar and had a decent penalty appeal turn down. Quaresma looked good for them. But us Stoke backers were right about the set pieces, Besiktas really struggled with them. Crouchy is also a good weapon in Europe, his record is more than a goal every two games and I really don't think European sides deal with him the way English sides do (in fact his international scoring record is good as well), it might be interesting to see what price he is to score in Stoke's next EL game.

(Re. Braga v Bruges) Did you see any of the game? I saw the first half and Braga were comfortably the better team. But I didn't see the second half.
No didn't see it mate. Obviously Braga took the lead, so perhaps Bruges had been happy to sit back for a point but then came out and played after falling behind?? Although reading match report it seems the equaliser was very lucky. But regardless, at the end of the day it's the result that counts. :ok

Re: UEFA Europa League > 29 September Sorry for off topic, but I see Braga @2.35 to win away at Maribor in the next round. Maribor have been outclassed in Bruges, and beaten at home by an understrength Birmingham. Given that Braga outclassed Birmingham already, at St Andrews, then this looks a big price. Obviously dangerous to bet so far in advance without knowing team news, but after their defeat at home, I would expect Braga to be targetting 6 points from their next 2 games (they face Maribor at home in Round 4).