** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Europa League > 29 September

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Europa League > 29 September

Just to point out that the 5-0 win at Hearts was with a full-strength team. This backs up your bet further.
Even with a 'below-strength' team, I guess Spurs will be going for the win as they will look on this as their easiest group game and be looking to win it. I suppose an alternative to 'Under 2.5 goals' at 15/8 would be to back Shamrock on the Asian Handicap - +2.5 is 3/5 with Bet 365. How likely are Spurs to win by 3 goals or more?

Even with a 'below-strength' team' date=' I guess Spurs will be going for the win as they will look on this as their easiest group game and be looking to win it. I suppose an alternative to 'Under 2.5 goals' at 15/8 would be to back Shamrock on the Asian Handicap - +2.5 is 3/5 with Bet 365. How likely are Spurs to win by 3 goals or more?[/quote'] I think a better option would be under 3 goals or under 3.5. Because I doubt that Shamrock will score, in which case you would be losing value. We have looked solid defensively in the three 0-0 games where we have played weakened sides, and in fact our defence in those games has featured more first team players or players who are closer to the first team. For instance, Kyle Walker played against PAOK, Dawson played against Hearts in the second leg, and Benoit Assou-Ekotto played against Stoke. Corluka and Kaboul also featured in at least one of those games as I recall, whilst Cudicini has looked impressive in goal, having seemingly taken the number 2 spot off Gomes. I think our defence will be stronger, relatively speakng, than our attack. And I also think Shamrock's defence is stronger than their attack, even if they go one goal down I doubt they will throw men forward too readily.

Be carefull about Udinese, they travel to Glasgow whitout many key players, star striker Antonio Di Natale, Romanian talent Gabriel Torje, defender Maurizio Domizzi....forwards Antonio Floro Flores and Barreto are out injured, meaning Guidolin is likely to press youngster Diego Fabbrini into service as a striker (the other striker available is the inexperienced Davide Marsura > 1994). Celtic is a huge value here (IMAO), odds sure drops again...
In the meantime value is on Udinese. Even without these players they have a decent and talented squad and I think in this match they will use a mixed squad with some regular defenders and midfielders. In Serie A they conceded only 1 goal so far. They will probably set up with 4-5-1, which will keep Celtic away from their box. Celtic isn´t dangerous on a European level (0-0 vs Sion at home and away got thrashed). Celtic can only hope to score from setpieces. Udinese is underrated but I think their mixed squad or B-squad is better than Sion...and this should be enough in this case. Udinese AH+0.25 @ 1.9 Pinnacle 3/10

Hitting this one early as my instinct says the market will move with the Italians... Celtic v Udinese: Udinese (0AH) @ 1.833 with Pinnacle (5/10)
Ha ha ... looks like my instinct has shit for brains! I stand by the bet, even without Di Natale, but will have to settle for one less pint if it comes in ...

Ha ha ... looks like my instinct has shit for brains! I stand by the bet' date=' even without Di Natale, but will have to settle for one less pint if it comes in ...[/quote'] I, and i'm sure plenty of others, are in the same boat. I took Udinese DNB @ 1.8 yesterday and can now get them at 2.375. Thing is though I might have a little bit more as although they are leaving some players out and maybe playing for a draw, we will need to go for it at some point as to have any chance of qualification we MUST win our home games. This could leave our shaky defence exposed so definite value still lies with the away side.

I' date=' and i'm sure plenty of others, are in the same boat. I took Udinese DNB @ 1.8 yesterday and can now get them at 2.375. Thing is though I might have a little bit more as although they are leaving some players out and maybe playing for a draw, we will need to go for it at some point as to have any chance of qualification we MUST win our home games. This could leave our shaky defence exposed so definite value still lies with the away side.[/quote'] Tend to agree, mate. Saw against Arsenal how good Udinese were on the counter. In Di Natale's absence, they might be missing the icing on their cake, but they've got more than enough to expose Celtic's faults.

Re: UEFA Europa League > 29 September Tottenham game is 7/4 on Skybet for under 2.5 goals. I've got £120 on it. Been on the Spurs forums and they reckon Spurs will play the kids, they need to save their big players for Arsenal on the weekend. As someone has already pointed out, Shamrock are usually defensive and low scoring in Europe, especially away.

Tottenham game is 7/4 on Skybet for under 2.5 goals. I've got £120 on it. Been on the Spurs forums and they reckon Spurs will play the kids' date=' they need to save their big players for Arsenal on the weekend. As someone has already pointed out, Shamrock are usually defensive and low scoring in Europe, especially away.[/quote'] I would be leaning to the over's to be honest mate as I think we might stick a few in tomorrow. We will play the kids, but the kids are pretty good and I think they will have too much for Shamrock Rovers. We will also have Lennon and Pienaar back looking to prove their fitness to get in the squad for the NLD on Sunday.

I would be leaning to the over's to be honest mate as I think we might stick a few in tomorrow. We will play the kids, but the kids are pretty good and I think they will have too much for Shamrock Rovers. We will also have Lennon and Pienaar back looking to prove their fitness to get in the squad for the NLD on Sunday.
You reckon...? I'm looking at hedging it with the spread betting maybe with going over. Sporting Index have the total goals at 3.6 though, which I think is very high. Can't you see a possible repeat of the Hearts game at the Lane?

Can't you see a possible repeat of the Hearts game at the Lane?
I definitely cannot see that happening. Shamrock Rovers will not roll over like Hearts did. I actually believe they are of similar quality, but I'd say I'm alone in thinking that. In reality, Rovers are just playing for pride and the experience at this stage and there is no way they will be humiliated tomorrow night.

You reckon...? I'm looking at hedging it with the spread betting maybe with going over. Sporting Index have the total goals at 3.6 though' date=' which I think is very high. Can't you see a possible repeat of the Hearts game at the Lane?[/quote'] The thing is we had a 5-0 lead in the Hearts game in a 2 legged affair. This was also the first game the kids had played in. They have got a bit more experience now with trips to PAOK and Stoke - although to be fair they haven't scored in either of these games. :lol I just think Harry will want a decent result tomorrow to keep the confidence going leading into Sunday. With the like of Lennon, Dos Santos and Pienarr available I expect us to create plenty of chances against what you have to rate as much weaker opposition

Re: UEFA Europa League > 29 September I dont see MAHNO in the forum, mate if you read this will you please let me know does Metalist miss any players, i just cant get any team news about them, dont really know any good website that gives team news, tried few but none of them gives any team news, i.e players missing. Amthinking of putting large sum of money on Metlaist single to win as i think the odds are just great, metalist havent lost a game in long time, 2 weeks ago i played them away in austria and they won 2:1, they just have some great players from south america. Mahno or anyone, i would appreaciate if you could tell me any news bout metalist, or even just tell me a link or a website where i can get news, thanks :ok

Re: UEFA Europa League > 29 September Thinking at the moment of AEK Larnaca. Cypriot sides are improving all the time, AEK undefeated in the tournament all season defeating some good sides like rosenborg on the way. Also now represents the strength of the Cypriot league with APOEL getting a draw at Shakhtar tonight. Anyone give me any views on wether to back/void AEK Larnaca?

Anyone give me any views on wether to back/void AEK Larnaca?
If you examine well Steaua's results in EL since 2005: 15/09/05 UEL VÃ¥lerenga 0 - 3 Steaua 03/11/05 UEL Sampdoria 0 - 0 Steaua 15/12/05 UEL Hertha BSC 0 - 0 Steaua 15/02/06 UEL Heerenveen 1 - 3 Steaua 16/03/06 UEL Real Betis 0 - 3 Steaua 30/03/06 UEL Rapid Bucureşti 1 - 1 Steaua 27/04/06 UEL Middlesbrough 4 - 2 Steaua 22/02/07 UEL Sevilla 1 - 0 Steaua 23/07/09 UEL Újpest 1 - 2 Steaua 06/08/09 UEL Motherwell 1 - 3 Steaua 27/08/09 UEL St Patrick's 1 - 2 Steaua 01/10/09 UEL Twente 0 - 0 Steaua 05/11/09 UEL Fenerbahçe 3 - 1 Steaua 02/12/09 UEL Sheriff 1 - 1 Steaua 19/08/10 UEL Grasshopper 1 - 0 Steaua 16/09/10 UEL Liverpool 4 - 1 Steaua 21/10/10 UEL Utrecht 1 - 1 Steaua 15/12/10 UEL Napoli 1 - 0 Steaua 25/08/11 UEL CSKA Sofia 1 - 1 Steaua No thanks, team with experience. They almost never lose against underdogs, played last 8 seasons in groups in Europe (3 times in CL, 5 times in EL). Heaviest away defeats since 2005 in this competition were at Middlesbrough (led 2-0), Liverpool (opened score) and Fenerbahce (opened score). Last year, the Romanian side needed a draw in Napoli in last round to pass the groups and lost 0-1 in injury time, a goal scored by Cavani. If they open the score again they shouldn't have any problems. My pick goes to STEAUA BUCHAREST Draw No Bet! :hope

Re: UEFA Europa League > 29 September Apologies for the length of this post in advance, but have gone for three picks in this round of games; Celtic vs Udinese – Only one team to score 2.35 at Coral (2 units) Not a market I usually play in, but odds are decent and given everything we know about this match, might have a very good chance of coming in. Udinese are a reasonably defensive team as it is, but with the two main strikers not travelling it points to an additional midfielder coming in and an even more defensive focus. Celtic will huff and puff all night and Udinese will let them have the ball and they will either be able to nick a goal or over attack and allow Udinese to score on the counter. I fancy whoever scores first will them be able to see out the game. If Celtic lead and Udinese have to come out and attack for an equaliser this will not suit them especially with a lack of attacking options, and if Udinese are leading then they will have more defensive options on the bench and may happily play with no striker to see out the game. Sporting vs Lazio – over 2.5 goals 2.0 at Coral (3 units) Quite surpised to see the overs at better odds than the unders here.Both teams have attacking philosophies (Sporting a little more so than Lazio), and both will be taking this game seriously. We could see a real cracking match with a few goals. Lazio were a little lacklustre in front of goal against Palermo on the weekend, they had a number of chances but were unable to score. Most of Lazio’s hopes this season are going to be pinned on Cisse and Klose working well together and getting plenty of goals and Edy Reja will want to give them as much playing time together so they can work on their partnership and I reckon both will start tomorrow. Hernanes also offers a good attacking threat, and the rest of the team a good solid base for them to work from. Having dropped points in the first round of games it will be a strong team that the manager puts out. Its worth noting as well that before the result against Palermo all of Lazio’s other games this season (in all comps) had gone over, something which reflects the attacking philosophy. They are decent going forward but can sometimes lack concentration at the back. Cant speak much for Sporting but Portugese teams we now take this competition very seriously (Braga, Benfica and Porto were all in the semi’s last year), and they have shown goal scoring form in the league so far this season, so lets hope its replicated in Europe tonight! Odense vs Fulham – Fulham to win 2.5 at Coral (3.5 units) Fulham are going through a bit of a bad run at the moment, with no win in seven games. They haven’t played too badly in many of their games but it will obviously be a concern that they are not getting the wins. Therefore Jol will need to take every opportunity to get a win and get some belief and confidence back in his team and this match is a great chance for the team to do just that. I don’t think it will be an easy game at all, but Fulham have a solid defence and I’ll be surprised if Odense can test them that much. Upfront they are missing Zamora and Dembele, but Johnson and Dempsey are more than adequate attacking replacements and with Sidwell supporting and Murphy set pieces they should be able be able to score once or twice against a defence that has conceded 8 goals in its last two league games. :hope

Hey guys, quite new here so bare with me how about a treble consisting of: HT/FT Tottenham/Tottenham Stoke to win Udinese to win ? Need a win and want to start now!
:welcome to PL mate. It's hard for anyone to comment on your treble without knowing why you think it's a good thing. Just a couple of lines of reasoning/analysis would be helpful and probably get you a lot more feedback as well. :ok

Re: UEFA Europa League > 29 September Sporting vs Lazio 29.09.2011

Pick: over 2,25

Odds: 1,74 (188bet)

Confidence: 4/10

Sporting offensive moment could not be ignored. They scored 8 goals on last 3 games and team are also always creating chances to score, as Capel, Carrilo,Schars and mainly Van Wolfswinkel (5goals on last 4 matches) seems to be on perfect moment. On other hand, they have defensive problems too (8goals conceded in 6 games), as defenders are practically all new and also goalkeeper Patrício seems to be very nervous on last games. Moreover, best defender Rodriguez are injured, becoming more serious their defensive problems. Although Elias important missing, I think team will score and concede goals for this game, as coach Domingos has also an offensive thought for this game (“We will try to score earlier…we want to assume the game”) and will not rest any important players.

On other side we have Lazio, with a lot of offensive value (Cisse, Klose, Hernanes…), as we can see on their games this season (only the last game without goals, on rest of games they always score and concede goals). Full squad available for this game and although contention words of coach (“We will try to stop their power”) and doubts about Klose (will he plays?),I think they can make goals here, as they need to win because of their surprising draw against Vaslui on first Europa league match.

Re: UEFA Europa League > 29 September Hello guys Well this is my first post in this forum so fingers crossed i get something out of it... :hope I've been concentrating on rugby and NRL for quiet some time and have been quite successful at it i may say but since rugby league is nearly over...grand final this weekend ( i'm taking manly in that) im turning my focus on soccer now. So ya i've got a treble and an accumulator lined up after some research and hope it comes through... In the treble i have taken 8 DRAWS. well atleast some will draw i reckon... Maribor - Birmingham ( i expect Birmingham to get a point out of it) Celtic - Udinese ( most likely) OB Odense- Fulham AEK Athens - Sturm Graz Larnaca - Steau Bucharest Metalist Kharkiv - AZ Alkmaar Rennes - Atletico Madrid Athletic Bilbao - PSG Legia Warsaw - Hapoel Tel Aviv Accumulator Braga- Schlake- Twente- Dynamo Kiev- Salzburg- Stoke City- Hannover 50FJD returns 2063FJD Hope some constructive comments are made on this since im new here. anyways gudluck 2 all the punters out there:cheers

In the meantime value is on Udinese. Even without these players they have a decent and talented squad and I think in this match they will use a mixed squad with some regular defenders and midfielders. In Serie A they conceded only 1 goal so far. They will probably set up with 4-5-1, which will keep Celtic away from their box. Celtic isn´t dangerous on a European level (0-0 vs Sion at home and away got thrashed). Celtic can only hope to score from setpieces. Udinese is underrated but I think their mixed squad or B-squad is better than Sion...and this should be enough in this case. Udinese AH+0.25 @ 1.9 Pinnacle 3/10
I'm not sure with the quality of udinese B squad. I think they'll be satisfied if they steal 1 point from celtic. Its play off round group stage and too early for every team to assume every match as death or life game. i'll prefer 1 or x as my safer choice...

Re: UEFA Europa League > 29 September Was gonna take Spurs under 2.5, but to play it safe I opted for under 3.5 To give me some value I took AEK win or draw against Sturm Graz. AEK have won last 2 games in the league and are strong at home and rarely lose in Europe there, and Sturm Graz have only one 1 out of last 6 games in Austria. Evens @ Bwin :hope

Re: UEFA Europa League > 29 September I have an observation regarding recent Cl and EL matches. I believe there is to many european matches. Few years ago it was simply impossible to rest players in Europa competitions, but now is an every day thing. It's insane! :wall In this conditions its REALLY HARD to make ANY predictions at all. Recent results are showing it without any doubt. Bookies are really enjoing this competitions! :eyes So to sum-up. I will be avoiding this matches up to about quater final stage. The exeptions are this matches with rested players and "i dont care" approach that many clubs have. European competitions are less important for some clubs, than league and even domestic cups! UEFA should make a step back and reconsider I think. Following my string of tought I will consider: NK Maribor-Birmingham [email protected] OB-Fulham [email protected] Schalke 04-Maccabi Haifa [email protected] Legia Warszawa-Hapoel Tel Aviv [email protected] Vorskla-Hannover 96 [email protected] GL:ok

Re: UEFA Europa League > 29 September Rennes-A.Madrid = both teams to score (1.72) Totosì Preview: Rennes: injured: John Boye (defender 4 / 0), Onyekachi Apam (defender 0 / 0), Kader Mangane (defender 5 / 2), Razak Boukari (forward 5 / 2), Yacine Brahimi (midfielder 1 / 0). A. Madrid injured: Silvio (defender 3 / 0); absent (for technical reasons) Joel (goalkeeper 0 / 0), Antonio Lopez (defender 1 / 0), Koke (midfielder 1 / 0). Rennes is 5° in his French league with 15 points a score of w4-d3-l1 goals scored 18 goals against 12. In Group I, Rennes has lost the first match away against Udinese with a score of 1-2. Rennes are a good team and its staff has the likes of Hadji, Ekoko, Boukari. The A. Madrid in Spanish league with 7 points is eighth with a score of w2-d1-l2 goals scored 8 goals against 6. The A. Madrid won the first home game against Celtic with a score of 2-0. The home team is in great shape from the beginning of the season, the coach loves the game very ofensivo but shows some gaps in the defensive department, with 18 goals scored and 12 conceded. In the A. Madrid new purchases Diego, Falcao, Turan, Gabi and Reyes have given a high level of quality to the team and I think we can become one of the teams to beat in the Champions League. In the end I think this is a game with a lot of actions to goals. Probable formations: Rennes: Costil - Theophile Catherine Kana Biyik, Mavinga, Dances - M'Vila, Pajot - Hadji, Feret, Pitroipa - Montano. A. Madrid Courtois - Perea, Godin, Dominguez, Luis Filipe - Turan, Tiago, Gabi, Reyes - Diego - Falcao. :hope:hope:hope

Hello guys Well this is my first post in this forum so fingers crossed i get something out of it... :hope I've been concentrating on rugby and NRL for quiet some time and have been quite successful at it i may say but since rugby league is nearly over...grand final this weekend ( i'm taking manly in that) im turning my focus on soccer now. So ya i've got a treble and an accumulator lined up after some research and hope it comes through... In the treble i have taken 8 DRAWS. well atleast some will draw i reckon... Maribor - Birmingham ( i expect Birmingham to get a point out of it) Celtic - Udinese ( most likely) OB Odense- Fulham AEK Athens - Sturm Graz Larnaca - Steau Bucharest Metalist Kharkiv - AZ Alkmaar Rennes - Atletico Madrid Athletic Bilbao - PSG Legia Warsaw - Hapoel Tel Aviv Accumulator Braga- Schlake- Twente- Dynamo Kiev- Salzburg- Stoke City- Hannover 50FJD returns 2063FJD Hope some constructive comments are made on this since im new here. anyways gudluck 2 all the punters out there:cheers
First off :welcome. Second. You need to reason your picks.. Read the forum rules. :D. If you want people to take you serious and provide constructive comments, you need to write more then that.

Re: UEFA Europa League > 29 September Rubin Kazan vs PAOK Salonic Home side is not anymore the team that used to frighten anyone in European games. They are a tough team although, despite being on 9th spot this season in Russia. Paok are leading the standings in Greece and are very concentrated on internal competition, aiming to play next year in UCL. I think we will have a very balanced game and will have a sharing of the points in this one. draw @ 3.95 with Pinnacle Sports

Re: UEFA Europa League > 29 September Lokomotiv vs Anderlecht Both teams are playing very good this season and particular in recent games offered good shows. Home side won 4 in last 5 drawing last game home with Rubin, while the Belgians have 5 wins in last 5 games. I expect another draw here as both teams are in form and I can't select a winner. draw @ 3.86 with Pinnacle Sports

Re: UEFA Europa League > 29 September Metalist Kharkov vs AZ Same situation as in the game with Lokomotiv. Boith teams are very in form, Metalist is having 4 wins in last 5 games, while AZ wins in every competition they play. Tough game, both teams will go for a draw as none will want a defeat. A plus for the home side, but as AZ are not new in this competition, I expect a good attacking game and a good defensive on both sides. draw @ 3.60 with >Victor Chandler

Re: UEFA Europa League > 29 September Rennes vs Atletico Madrid Home side is a good option for taking it for draws when betting as they already have made 2 times 1-1, in fact, in their last 2 games home. Away side haven;t made yet any draw in last 5 played so I expect them to do it here. None of these teams can afford to lose as Rennes lost foist game and needs points, while away side won and hopes to get points from this clash. draw @ 3.57 with Pinnacle Sports