** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England > Weekend > Championship > 23-25 September

Re: England > Weekend > Championship > 23-25 September Surprised at the lack of mention of West Ham-Posh, where goals look a cert. Both To Score @ 1.62 (Stan James) Hammers conceded a few at home so far, 0-1 Cardiff, 2-2 Leeds, 4-3 Portsmouth. I expect an open match and think potent Posh can trouble the shaky Hammers defence. Their away scores so far read: Blackpool 1-2, Millwall 2-2 and Brighton 0-2.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: England > Weekend > Championship > 23-25 September Brighton v Leeds: Fancy Leeds at this one, didn't think Leeds were that bad at West Ham and could easily have gone onto win the game at one stage when they were dominating. If they can keep 10 men on the pitch (Ipswich) and avoid silly mistakes (West Ham) I think this could well be the night for an away win. Don't think BHAFC overachieving as such, as they are a talented bunch. However, no Buckley tonight and haven't been as dominant at home as stats may show (struggled v Doncaster, for example). Leeds win and confident overs for me.

Re: England > Weekend > Championship > 23-25 September Brighton v Leeds - Over 2.5 @ 1.70 Sportsbet A little bit irratated at the odds, but I'm happy to take it. I won't sit here and pretend I know all like some others, but I've watched a bit of both sides this season and feel there is enough attacking threat to cover the overs. Leeds recent fixtures have comfortably covered the over 2.5 mark, bar the fixture against Middeslbrough, but on the flip side Brighton haven't come close in terms of the high scoring matches. It's a tad risky, but I still feel like the match has a very good chance at opening up, especially if there is an early goal. I'll have a pop anyway despite the stats on Brighton's recent games. GL All.

Re: England > Weekend > Championship > 23-25 September

Brighton v Leeds - Over 2.5 @ 1.70 Sportsbet A little bit irratated at the odds, but I'm happy to take it. I won't sit here and pretend I know all like some others, but I've watched a bit of both sides this season and feel there is enough attacking threat to cover the overs. Leeds recent fixtures have comfortably covered the over 2.5 mark, bar the fixture against Middeslbrough, but on the flip side Brighton haven't come close in terms of the high scoring matches. It's a tad risky, but I still feel like the match has a very good chance at opening up, especially if there is an early goal. I'll have a pop anyway despite the stats on Brighton's recent games. GL All.
I think the odds are generous enough mate. Leeds usually play in a lot of high-scoring games and your bet is highly likely to come off in my opinion. Best of luck

Re: England > Weekend > Championship > 23-25 September Usually like a Friday night bet but will leave the game alone tonight. My gut is to back Brighton but I feel Leeds have a performance in them. I agree that Derby are overpriced tomorrow at 8/5 and think I'll get involved in that tomorrow. The Forest result may not prove much but it shows they are fighters. Millwall weren't midweek so I fancy Derby to edge it, 1-0 or 2-1. Aside from that I like the look of West Ham to dispose of Peterborough. Skinny-ish odds but I reckon prices in these sorts of games will be worse if West Ham go as I expect them to. And I wouldn't back it with much conviction but Coventry look well priced at 9/4 at home to Reading who aren't as good as they threatened to become in the second half of last season. Portsmouth may also just tempt me at 6/4 v Blackpool. A side I think that will improve if not threaten the top 6/8.

Brighton v Leeds - Over 2.5 @ 1.70 Sportsbet A little bit irratated at the odds, but I'm happy to take it. I won't sit here and pretend I know all like some others, but I've watched a bit of both sides this season and feel there is enough attacking threat to cover the overs. Leeds recent fixtures have comfortably covered the over 2.5 mark, bar the fixture against Middeslbrough, but on the flip side Brighton haven't come close in terms of the high scoring matches. It's a tad risky, but I still feel like the match has a very good chance at opening up, especially if there is an early goal. I'll have a pop anyway despite the stats on Brighton's recent games. GL All.
I've also decided to have a small dabble on Noone anytime goal scorer @ 4.50 with Sportsbet. I watched him against Liverpool and IMO he was a stand out player. He has the confidence to have a crack, and obviously has the ability to score. No stats involved here, I just think he is a good little player and is certainly in with a chance to score. Small odds bet.

I think the odds are generous enough mate. Leeds usually play in a lot of high-scoring games and your bet is highly likely to come off in my opinion. Best of luck
Yeah I was hoping for slightly higher odds, but I suppose that's being a little greedy. I expect an exciting game anyway. Cheers for the feedback mate.

Re: England > Weekend > Championship > 23-25 September Doncaster Rovers V Crystal Palace Like a few who have already posted on this thread I was planning on lining up a Palace DNB for this match but recent events have muddied the waters a little with O'Driscoll being sacked and Saunders taking over at Donny. I wouldn't normally be comfortable opposing a team that has not won yet, as normally the longer the bad streak goes on the more likely it is to end. With Doncaster I thought otherwise as I had been listening closely to O'Driscoll in recent post-match interviews and it sounded like he had run out of ideas and lost the dressing room. This nugget of perception has been rendered useless by the appointment of Saunders and so we must evaluate how quickly the new manager can reverse Doncaster's fortunes. Saunders did do a training session today but it will be an uphill task to try and shore up Donnys appauling defence. There has been countless individual errors this season and the injury crisis they have faced has not helped. They were boosted by the return of Shelton Martis last week but he needs more game time and looks rusty. They also bought in veteran Neil Sullivan between the posts but he also dropped a clanger V Reading, clearly the bungling was contagious. Palace on the other hand finished the season level on points with Doncaster last year (48) and the eagles finished one place above them on goal difference. The gulf in class between the two sides now is telling and many of Palace's offensive players such as Scannell and Zaha are in the form of their lives. Because of this clear gulf in class and form I find it hard to believe Palace will loose this game, despite the fact Donny will receive a psychological boost through the appointment of Saunders. It looks like Billy Sharp and Ryan Mason will also return in some capacity, probably from the bench. New signing Jon Parkin will add strength and aerial threat to the forward line but again I must emphasise Doncaster's biggest problem is their clumsy defence. In terms of 1X2 Palace DNB @ 7/6 (Betfair) still looks the safest option but I think a draw is the most likely outcome and X @ 12/5 (Betfair) could be worth a punt at half stakes here. Despite this you can see from my projections that the game is quite murky and the 1X2 market is not as appealing as it was earlier in the week where I would have taken at least 5% from Donny and given it to Palace. My post O'Driscoll outcome projections: Doncaster 30% Draw 40% Palace 30% Probable Palace lineup: Speroni, Ramage, Tunchev, McCarthy, Moxey, Zaha, Wright, Jedinak, Parr, Scannell, Murray Tunchev will probably start as I think Gardner won't play 90mins twice in quick succession at this stage, surely Zaha will start now with the form he is in, Murray perhaps could finally start instead of Easter. If I had to bet on this game: Crystal Palace DNB @ 7/6 (Betfair) Feeling saucy: Draw @ 12/5 (Betfair)

Brighton v Leeds Leeds usually play in high scoring games. Brighton have been very good thus far but they did not play at all well against Liverpool, nor did Leeds play great against Man Utd.. Leeds usually do well away from home and they have won their last 2 visits to Brighton, but one man that is scoring plenty of goals for Leeds is Ross McCormack and at that price i have a to have a nibble. I will have a saver on Barnes of Brighton who is their danger man! Ross McCormack to score first - 4Pts e/w @ 8/1 Stanjames Ashley Barnes to score first - 2Pts @ 11/2 Bet365
4.66 Points profit... Ross scored the 2nd goal!

Re: England > Weekend > Championship > 23-25 September Portsmouth are without victory in four games now, fancy them to get something against Blackpool. Liam Lawrence returns but Luke Varney and Dave Kitson are out. Blackpool is hard to beat, but they dont shine that much. I think Portsmouth at home have good chance to turn things around and get some, lets say dividends :) Draw no bet on Portsmouth @ 1.78

Easy peasy mate! Told ya it was good value.. :cheers Bet bagged after 47 minutes!

nice one on the overs' date=', was working late didnt get a chance to get on, still think theres more goals in the game???[/quote'] Oh ya, definately more goals in this game i think! Wouldnt be surprised if it finished 3-2 or 3-3

Easy peasy mate! Told ya it was good value.. :cheers Bet bagged after 47 minutes!
Ta mate! :cheers Glad I took the overs, I thought this game had goals in it. Shame Noone went off so early, although I was almost clutching at straws there. More of an inkling then a sure bet. Either way, profit made to kick start the weekend :D

Ta mate! :cheers Glad I took the overs, I thought this game had goals in it. Shame Noone went off so early, although I was almost clutching at straws there. More of an inkling then a sure bet. Either way, profit made to kick start the weekend :D
Aye mate, made a few quid myself with Ross McCormack scoring! Money for tomorrow! :hope

Aye mate' date=' made a few quid myself with Ross McCormack scoring! Money for tomorrow! :hope[/quote'] And there goes Mackail-Smith to make it 3-2, good call earlier on there being more goals. Starting to really enjoy this Brighton side, they play an exciting brand of football IMO. Enough of the chum anyway :cheers. Only other bet I fancy this weekend in the Championship is West Ham. But I am wary, I'll take a closer look at the odds to see if there is anything appealing. GL all.

Re: England > Weekend > Championship > 23-25 September Well done AM on the Brighton/Leeds bets :D Boro/Ipswich I went to the Palace/Boro league game last week and both teams looked decent. Both will not concede many goals. Under Mowbray, Boro have learnt how to keep the ball more and look dangerous on the break, but this will make the home games difficult to win relative to the away games. Key players such as Nicky Bailey and Barry Robson were rested in mid week which might help Boro, but I still rate the game: Boro 55% Draw 27% Ipswich 18% So I have laid Boro at 1.71 and taken 2.44 on goals under which is a big price for unders (historic true odds for any game is 1.90). Palace never looked like scoring on Saturday until Zaha came on and he made a big difference going forward. Still I would not back Palace as Doncaster may well raise their game.

Re: England > Weekend > Championship > 23-25 September Yes Interesting comments, I was actually thinking of laying Boro myself. They are overpriced. I think they also rested their top g/s Emnes as well for the last match. Ipswich also have a lot of good players fit in the likes of Chopra, Scotland, Bullard & Bowyer. They can match the quality players that Boro have. BETS - LAY BORO OVER 2.5 GOALS/BOTH 2 SCORE Boro/Ipswich I went to the Palace/Boro league game last week and both teams looked decent. Both will not concede many goals. Under Mowbray, Boro have learnt how to keep the ball more and look dangerous on the break, but this will make the home games difficult to win relative to the away games. Key players such as Nicky Bailey and Barry Robson were rested in mid week which might help Boro, but I still rate the game: Boro 55% Draw 27% Ipswich 18% So I have laid Boro at 1.71 and taken 2.44 on goals under which is a big price for unders (historic true odds for any game is 1.90). Palace never looked like scoring on Saturday until Zaha came on and he made a big difference going forward. Still I would not back Palace as Doncaster may well raise their game.

Re: England > Weekend > Championship > 23-25 September Doncaster v Palace I correctly predicted the palace team and win v boro in the cup on tuesday (3.00) . and I cant believe we can get 3.00 ( will hill ) for them today. Yes our away record was awful last season, but so far this term it isnt to bad we have played 3 , lost at peteboro 2-1 beat hull 0-1 and scored 2 in a 3-2 defeat at leeds. As has been said. Scannell ( just signed new deal) and Zaha are in the form of there lives, and they will literally rip Doncasters poor defence (-10 goal difference) to shreads, add to this doncaster have only managed 2 goals in the league this season in 7 games. Yes the O driscall sacking throws an extra equation into the mix , but I still strongly fancy palace verdict PALACE 3.00

Re: England > Weekend > Championship > 23-25 September Hi guys, interesting thoughts on the games this week, I can't see Leicester losing against Cardiff personally so there might be some money in that? I stumbled across this quite interesting preview the other day, not sure i agree with all the predictions but it's pretty good... http://www.sbatv.tv/2011/09/championship-preview-2/

Re: England > Weekend > Championship > 23-25 September Personally I think Blackpool are really good value at 2.46 (DNB) Hard to beat and have yet to lose away from home yet. Good experience in their side and with a bit of luck they'll nick this (provided their 1st team are out). I don't know what to make of Portsmouth?? I have no opinion on them .. they just seem to be making up the numbers.

Re: England > Weekend > Championship > 23-25 September Burnley - Southampton: Southampton @ 2.25 (Ladbrokes) 10/10 The odds are good, I think, for Southampton's win. The guests have a 6-0-1 overall record and a 2-0-1 away record so far with a 19:9 goals differential. Burnley has a 1-2-3 record and a 0-2-1 home record with a 6:10 goals differential. Southampto has defeated Barnsley and Ipswich in away matches. Both these teams are above Burnley in the table at the moment. It seems Southampton has good momentum at the moment and the odds for its win are worth the risk. Derby - Millwall: Derby @ 3.10 (Victor Chandler) 10/10 For some reason the market seems to favour Millwall. I think the odds for Derby's win are excellent. Derby has a 5-0-2 overall record and a 2-0-1 home record with a 10:6 goals differential. Millwall has a 1-4-2 overall record and a 0-1-2 away record with a 6:8 goals differential. Millwall hasn't scored in the last 4 matches and this makes it difficult for me to accept the team as favourites. The odds are very much worth the risk for Derby's win here.

Personally I think Blackpool are really good value at 2.46 (DNB) Hard to beat and have yet to lose away from home yet. Good experience in their side and with a bit of luck they'll nick this (provided their 1st team are out). I don't know what to make of Portsmouth?? I have no opinion on them .. they just seem to be making up the numbers.
We are very hard to beat as well, so another draw wouldn't be out of the realms of possibility. Last week we were atrocious up at Hull, this week we will have Liam Lawrence back from suspension. The week before, we were excellent at West Ham, yet still lost. As with all our home fixtures, it comes down to who scores first, as that side will invariably go on not to lose more often than not. I hope it's us, but Blackpool have only lost once this season. No bet for me. I want to say unders, but as it's Blackpool you never know.

Re: England > Weekend > Championship > 23-25 September I also like the look of Hull away at Bristol City. Tight games with Hull ... very hard to beat and despite their shortage of goals I think come the end of the season they will be up there. Won 3 on the trot with 3 clean sheets. Putting my faith in a team that are very difficult to beat so that's where the value is for me. DNB 2.08

I can't see Southampton winning at Burnley but my reasoning comes down to the 'see-saw' effect of believing that sides will, in time, default to their natural league positions. Southampton are punching above their weight to be top of the league. The side are strong, talented players and play well but top is too much. Burnley on the other hand are capable of more & I think their league position is a lie. Burnley + 0.5 for me. I don't know odds as on iPhone.
This :beer

DERBY v MILLWALL HOME WIN @ 2.50 I, like others was/am abit perplexed by these odds. I intially viewed it with caution but after consideration have including in this weekends bets. I keep hearing that Derby are getting more points than they deserve, i don't really know what to make of that. Is it a sign they'll slump soon or that this team knows how to achieve the main target, getting points and will only get better with confidence? I wouldn't have taken them on if they were playing anyone in form, but Millwall are fragile at the moment and although they may turn up for a point and thus Derby may struggle to break them down. On the otherside if Derby get the lead Millwall be forced out leaving spaces for Derby. I can't see Millwall having much confidence in their attacking abilities given their goal drought. All in all, at 2.50 the odds are too good to miss.
Wish i could be celebrating here but in the end hadn't placed it when i thought i had due to website error at time and forgetting log back in, thinking i'd placed them. Not very happy as you can imagine :@

Well done AM on the Brighton/Leeds bets :D Boro/Ipswich I went to the Palace/Boro league game last week and both teams looked decent. Both will not concede many goals. Under Mowbray, Boro have learnt how to keep the ball more and look dangerous on the break, but this will make the home games difficult to win relative to the away games. Key players such as Nicky Bailey and Barry Robson were rested in mid week which might help Boro, but I still rate the game: Boro 55% Draw 27% Ipswich 18% So I have laid Boro at 1.71 and taken 2.44 on goals under which is a big price for unders (historic true odds for any game is 1.90). Palace never looked like scoring on Saturday until Zaha came on and he made a big difference going forward. Still I would not back Palace as Doncaster may well raise their game.
:beer I can eat and drink - this weekend - Large profit on above bets.

Surprised at the lack of mention of West Ham-Posh, where goals look a cert. Both To Score @ 1.62 (Stan James) Hammers conceded a few at home so far, 0-1 Cardiff, 2-2 Leeds, 4-3 Portsmouth. I expect an open match and think potent Posh can trouble the shaky Hammers defence. Their away scores so far read: Blackpool 1-2, Millwall 2-2 and Brighton 0-2.
Changed this to a Hammers win as I didn't like Rowe replacing Tomlin (proof here: http://forum.punterslounge.com/f19/six-bets-tell-my-boss-f-ck-off-121872/#post2021559 :lol) Sadly, meant nothing as I lost any profit backing over 1.5. How the f*ck can a Posh game have one goal, when the first's gone in after ten minutes?! :lol