** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

England > Weekend > Championship > 23-25 September

Friday 23 September 2011HomeDrawAwayBPP
maximize.gif Brighton & Hove Albion v Leeds United (19:45 BST) 2.06 3.7 3.85 101.54 %
Saturday 24 September 2011HomeDrawAwayBPP
maximize.gif Birmingham City v Barnsley (15:00 BST) 1.8 3.7 5.5 100.76 %
maximize.gif Bristol City v Hull City (15:00 BST) 2.74 3.35 2.9 100.83 %
maximize.gif Burnley v Southampton (15:00 BST) 3.25 3.65 2.34 100.90 %
maximize.gif Coventry City v Reading (15:00 BST) 3.15 3.4 2.5 101.16 %
maximize.gif Derby County v Millwall (15:00 BST) 2.65 3.35 3 100.92 %
maximize.gif Doncaster Rovers v Crystal Palace (15:00 BST) 2.58 3.4 2.88 102.89 %
maximize.gif Middlesbrough v Ipswich Town (15:00 BST) 1.73 4.1 5.5 100.38 %
maximize.gif Portsmouth v Blackpool (15:00 BST) 2.5 3.45 3.05 101.77 %
maximize.gif West Ham v Peterborough United (15:00 BST) 1.63 4.3 6 101.27 %
maximize.gif Watford v Nottingham Forest (17:15 BST) 2.6 3.45 2.94 101.46 %
Sunday 25 September 2011HomeDrawAwayBPP
maximize.gif Cardiff City v Leicester City (13:15 BST) 2.4 3.4 3.15 102.82 %

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: England > Weekend > Championship > 23-25 September My thoughts are flying to Bristol City, Doncaster and Portsmouth for this weekend, of course with DNB option. I think also Southampton to Burnley and Millwall to Derby might get some point(s). Previews maybe Friday afternoon. Any other opinions about these games or others?

Re: England > Weekend > Championship > 23-25 September Bristol City v Hull City I think there is value in Hull City here. They're slowly coming into form winning their last 3 games 1-0. They completely dominated Portsmouth last time out and should of won by considerably more. Hull have had a pretty impressive away form of recent times. Last season I think they went 19 unbeaten away from home! Pearson seems to of adopted similar tactics to last season proven on results. Bristol City are running low on confidence. They sit 23rd in the table with their only win coming away at Leicester. Maynard is mifiring at the moment also missing a penalty last time out versus Leeds and he is a key player for them and seems like the only capable goalscorer this season. Hull City to Win 2.75 - William Hill

Re: England > Weekend > Championship > 23-25 September

Bristol City v Hull City I think there is value in Hull City here. They're slowly coming into form winning their last 3 games 1-0. They completely dominated Portsmouth last time out and should of won by considerably more. Hull have had a pretty impressive away form of recent times. Last season I think they went 19 unbeaten away from home! Pearson seems to of adopted similar tactics to last season proven on results. Bristol City are running low on confidence. They sit 23rd in the table with their only win coming away at Leicester. Maynard is mifiring at the moment also missing a penalty last time out versus Leeds and he is a key player for them and seems like the only capable goalscorer this season. Hull City to Win 2.75 - William Hill
Beware. The team that ended that unbeaten away run was Bristol City, 3-0. Hull also showed they may not be as formidable away this season, being spanked 4-1 at Leeds. I actually sort of fancy Bristol to repeat the trick here, but as usual, it's a tough one.

Beware. The team that ended that unbeaten away run was Bristol City, 3-0. Hull also showed they may not be as formidable away this season, being spanked 4-1 at Leeds. I actually sort of fancy Bristol to repeat the trick here, but as usual, it's a tough one.
Cheers for the knees up. Hesitating on backing this one now

Re: England > Weekend > Championship > 23-25 September Bristol City vs Hull City Home side is a good team in Championship, normally ends the seasons in the mid part of the table, but have a bad period which is about to end. They have just 1 win so far, but a shocking one, 2-1 to Leicester. They will meet a team that has 3 wins in a row. Bristol won 4 of the last 5 meetings on home ground, scored 12 goals and conceded only 3 from the Tigers. I expect a win for the Robins here. Nicky Maynard is very motivated to do well, after missing a penalty at 1-1, away to Leeds, home side playing in 10 men. home 0 AH @ 1.96 with Pinnacle Sports

Re: England > Weekend > Championship > 23-25 September READING AND CRYSTAL PALACE DOUBLE could be value as doncaster are pretty much relegation candidates already. lost heavily in few games and palace have some exciting fast youngsters and strikers who need to score to stay or get into the team. know palaces away record is terrible but its got to start changing soon and now could be the time. coventry are another terrible team. watched them versus ipswich and they were poor. no real leader or star player to rely on and ipswich had easy win. reading are a very good team with scorers who could expose coventry. doing it more for the odds but its definately value!

Re: England > Weekend > Championship > 23-25 September Well we (Palace) got a draw at Donny last season with a weaker team imo and also in a fragile mental state and the players were under a lot of pressure. I def think the way we have been playing recently as well as Donny missing Sharp, anything near/around 2/1 represents value to me. Hard to pick out a bet yet as the markets aren't really efficient but will be looking at DNB and A/H CPFC +0.5

Re: England > Weekend > Championship > 23-25 September Unbelievable stat that was last season just 1 away win for Palace. Sorry to remind you boys ;) Granted there's only been 1 away win since Freedman took over but even in defeat they haven't been hammered since January. All have been by the odd goal which is again surprising. I think we can leave the poor away record in the past where it belongs in my opinion. They've had a good win at Hull which I know would have surprised a few and went down very late to Leeds which is never an easy place to pick up anything. Doncaster are now 2 wins in their last 30. It's clear their poor performances have carried over from last season. 2 goals scored and 12 conceded is not happy reading for the Yorkshire boys. Maybe they should give one or two of the Belles a chance in the starting line up. Bit below the belle that one :lol If you don't play like southern softies I wager you've got a half decent chance of coming away with all 3 points at tasty odds :ok

Any thought on the high price on Derby? Millwalls form overall and their away form in particluar is just terrible. Home-side should be more like evens imo - what am I missing?
Any bad form should stop sometimes, right? I personally think that Millwall will not lose this one. There are too many meetings this round here between teams in good form and teams that are having trouble. I will stay out of it cause anything can happen in any game. I also think that Doncaster will take something from their game and Portsmouth will beat Blackpool! But I will stay with Bristol only!

Re: England > Weekend > Championship > 23-25 September Middlesbrough @ 1.74 Betfair Surprised that nobody have mentioned this bet yet. Middlesbrough are the only team in Championship who is unbeaten yet. Right now they are fighting for the top spot together with Southampton and more than likely they are top contenders to go back to the Premierleague. Ipswich Town are one of the teams who are pretty unpredictable... they started this season with a win against Bristol, but then everything went on downspirall. Part of the problem is that Jewels is changing their squad members like sox and still trying to find their best ''first eleven''. They beat poor Coventry side at home but Boro should be able to show this mid-table mediocrity who they really are. As for Injuries Ipswich Town defender Ibrahima Sonko is liekly to miss this game because of knee ligament. To be honest, i was expecting to see something like 1.55-1.60 for Boro here....but 1.74 I will take all day long.

Middlesbrough @ 1.74 Betfair Surprised that nobody have mentioned this bet yet. Middlesbrough are the only team in Championship who is unbeaten yet. Right now they are fighting for the top spot together with Southampton and more than likely they are top contenders to go back to the Premierleague. Ipswich Town are one of the teams who are pretty unpredictable... they started this season with a win against Bristol, but then everything went on downspirall. Part of the problem is that Jewels is changing their squad members like sox and still trying to find their best ''first eleven''. They beat poor Coventry side at home but Boro should be able to show this mid-table mediocrity who they really are. As for Injuries Ipswich Town defender Ibrahima Sonko is liekly to miss this game because of knee ligament. To be honest, i was expecting to see something like 1.55-1.60 for Boro here....but 1.74 I will take all day long.
Again, not so sure. Boro have done great, but they're due a defeat. Home form hasn't been great either, drawing with Portsmouth and Coventry. Ipswich lost once in the last eight to Middlesbrough too.

Re: England > Weekend > Championship > 23-25 September Southampton 5/4 Suprised nobody has mentioned this yet won 3 out of last 4 away games only losing to Leicester 4-3 when arguably saints were the better team. Rested Lambert midweek and he will be fresh and ready to go. Burnley are a funny side and I am aware turf moor is never an easy place to get 3 points.

Again, not so sure. Boro have done great, but they're due a defeat. Home form hasn't been great either, drawing with Portsmouth and Coventry. Ipswich lost once in the last eight to Middlesbrough too.
I am not a fan of those H2H stats because from all those years the only thing what has left are team names... everything else has changed. I would rather compare their current from rather than their form in 2008. Ipswich is very inconsistent.... their away form is worse than Boro's home form. My perspective is that when a team is unbeaten, I will ride their winning strike rather than gonna try to find their first loss. So fading Ipswich is a ''standart bet'' for me.

Re: England > Weekend > Championship > 23-25 September Just new to this forum as its great for advice and info. Teams that standout for me this weekend are: Derby-Although Notts Forrest are somewhat shambolic this year under the crazy dutch manager i still think last weeks win with Derby being down to 10 men has a lot more to it than an important "local derby" game. Millwall having drew at west ham in their derby match and getting mawled by wolves seem to be just existing in the championship. Although i dont understand the 6/4 odds,a big price..keep an eye on any info. Being new and not much expected of me im going to stick my neck on the line with this one and go with DONCASTER-Yes thats right the team that looks like they dont belong in the championship. One thing i noticed about Dean Saunders who should be the new caretaker manager for this game last week on soccer am is that he is defenetly a guy that can raise team morale,he seems good craic and more importantly hes not only experiened in football but held together a wrexham side in the conference that should have been down and out a long time ago with their financial struggles. Aside from these two picks at 6/4 and 7/5, i expect Boro,West ham and for both teams to score in the brighton v Leeds match. Cheers lads and im open to some slagging over that doncaster bet but im with it and yes im greedy.

Any thought on the high price on Derby? Millwalls form overall and their away form in particluar is just terrible. Home-side should be more like evens imo - what am I missing?
Our performances haven't matched our results so far. We got lucky in a few games and we had 10 men for 90 minutes against some amateurs last weekend - I genuinely think we'll be a bit fatigued from that and underperform. As much as I want Derby to win this weekend I have a bad feeling about it and am staying away from this one. Sorry for not being of much use.

Southampton 5/4 Suprised nobody has mentioned this yet won 3 out of last 4 away games only losing to Leicester 4-3 when arguably saints were the better team. Rested Lambert midweek and he will be fresh and ready to go. Burnley are a funny side and I am aware turf moor is never an easy place to get 3 points.
I think the odds are too short for the Saints. I'd love to see them in Premier League next season and I think I will. But, they are not that favorites in this game. The bookies are some how foolish in us, but I do think I have a great experience in English football to taste that trap. If the Saints will win I will not regret that I haven't take them. This is a typical game to be taken as 0 AH, but the odds, I repeat are out of discussion for me!

Re: England > Weekend > Championship > 23-25 September Brighton v Leeds Leeds usually play in high scoring games. Brighton have been very good thus far but they did not play at all well against Liverpool, nor did Leeds play great against Man Utd.. Leeds usually do well away from home and they have won their last 2 visits to Brighton, but one man that is scoring plenty of goals for Leeds is Ross McCormack and at that price i have a to have a nibble. I will have a saver on Barnes of Brighton who is their danger man! Ross McCormack to score first - 4Pts e/w @ 8/1 Stanjames Ashley Barnes to score first - 2Pts @ 11/2 Bet365

Brighton v Leeds Leeds usually play in high scoring games. Brighton have been very good thus far but they did not play at all well against Liverpool, nor did Leeds play great against Man Utd.. Leeds usually do well away from home and they have won their last 2 visits to Brighton, but one man that is scoring plenty of goals for Leeds is Ross McCormack and at that price i have a to have a nibble. I will have a saver on Barnes of Brighton who is their danger man! Ross McCormack to score first - 4Pts e/w @ 8/1 Stanjames Ashley Barnes to score first - 2Pts @ 11/2 Bet365
Brighton were poor first half but i thought they played well second half, was overall a decent performance with a weakened starting 11 against Premiership opposition. Although Barnes is Brighton's top scorer, he's far from their 'danger' man, he's probably their least dangerous attacking player.

Brighton were poor first half but i thought they played well second half, was overall a decent performance with a weakened starting 11 against Premiership opposition. Although Barnes is Brighton's top scorer, he's far from their 'danger' man, he's probably their least dangerous attacking player.
Well there is no doubting he has an eye for goal , but McCormack is my main bet... We usuallu always see a bindle of goals in games Leeds are in so if McCormack scores anytime i make a small profit. He looks the most likely threat from Leeds, should be goals in this one

Re: England > Weekend > Championship > 23-25 September I can't see Southampton winning at Burnley but my reasoning comes down to the 'see-saw' effect of believing that sides will, in time, default to their natural league positions. Southampton are punching above their weight to be top of the league. The side are strong, talented players and play well but top is too much. Burnley on the other hand are capable of more & I think their league position is a lie. Burnley + 0.5 for me. I don't know odds as on iPhone.

Our performances haven't matched our results so far. We got lucky in a few games and we had 10 men for 90 minutes against some amateurs last weekend - I genuinely think we'll be a bit fatigued from that and underperform. As much as I want Derby to win this weekend I have a bad feeling about it and am staying away from this one. Sorry for not being of much use.
Good to see anther Derby fan and i have to agree to an extent. This is a typical game we'll slip up on and im not sure how much you can look at that Forest game as part of our overall form. Saying that, we're playing an out of form Millwall side who seem to be shipping a lot of goals. I think the price is slightly too big.

Re: England > Weekend > Championship > 23-25 September DERBY v MILLWALL HOME WIN @ 2.50 I, like others was/am abit perplexed by these odds. I intially viewed it with caution but after consideration have including in this weekends bets. I keep hearing that Derby are getting more points than they deserve, i don't really know what to make of that. Is it a sign they'll slump soon or that this team knows how to achieve the main target, getting points and will only get better with confidence? I wouldn't have taken them on if they were playing anyone in form, but Millwall are fragile at the moment and although they may turn up for a point and thus Derby may struggle to break them down. On the otherside if Derby get the lead Millwall be forced out leaving spaces for Derby. I can't see Millwall having much confidence in their attacking abilities given their goal drought. All in all, at 2.50 the odds are too good to miss.

Re: England > Weekend > Championship > 23-25 September Reading @ 2,33 seems too short (odds dropped a bit). Before the win vs. Doncaster they were on a bad run (lost vs. Barnsley, Watford, Portsmouth and Hull)...I know that Coventry is an inconsistent side, but still I doubt that Reading should be such a big favo in this matchup. Last season, when Reading was strong and Coventry inconsistent, both encounters ended 0-0...I expect a hard fought battle, which can go either way, so offered odds on Coventry are ok...btw so far all of Coventry´s home matches and Reading away have been 0-0 at ht. Could be worth a little punt as well. Coventry +0.25 @ 1.909 Pinnacle 3/10

Re: England > Weekend > Championship > 23-25 September Hello guys, I am an Italian boy just joined the forum and I am a great admirer of English football. I would like to play middlesb victories. Birmingham and West Ham. I'd like to know your opinions on these 3 games. thanks I do not know if it 'the right section but' by the Italian football expert I bring my small contribution. well if you play the italian serie B most interesting is the victory of padova against modena and 2.5 over the Juve Stabia pescara The Padova has a team built for the series A and also has a very good walk in the house and faces a Modena and 'a team with little quality' and that comes from a home draw against gubbio which 'the team more' poor series b. for over Juve Stabia pescara pescara tell you only that which has a coach Zeman 'coach more' open-minded I have ever seen is no coincidence that almost all the matches end up in over, you could also try an over 3 5 I hope to be proved helpful greetings from italy

Re: England > Weekend > Championship > 23-25 September :welcome to PL foveam. You can post your views and info on Serie B in here: http://forum.punterslounge.com/f7/italy-serie-b-23-26-september-121764/ As for the Middlesbrough, West Ham, & Birmingham bets - can you let us know why you fancy these teams? We ask that everyone gives a little bit of reasoning to back up their selections (just a line or two is fine) as it helps to get the debate going. :ok

Good to see anther Derby fan and i have to agree to an extent. This is a typical game we'll slip up on and im not sure how much you can look at that Forest game as part of our overall form. Saying that, we're playing an out of form Millwall side who seem to be shipping a lot of goals. I think the price is slightly too big.
When you put it like that I'm tempted to back us now :D