BBOTD - Thursday, 15th September

cavani

Re: BBOTD - Thursday, 15th September 4.10 Yarmouth Rockfella - up in grade having won a 0-90 at Newbury last time but open to more improvement after 20 runs and Eddie Ahern, who knows how to win these stayers races from the front (Overturn in Chester Cup) is called upon. 8/1 VC bet, 1 pt win

Re: BBOTD - Thursday, 15th September 3:20 Ayr - Magic Cat - win @ 10/1 (Bet365) Elaine Burke landed a gamble in the process of taking this race last year and Magic Cat could make a bold effort to win it again for her. This 5 year old gelding was an exceptionally useful juvenile sprinter, winning a Listed contest over the flying 5 furlongs at this track on very testing ground. Like plenty of animals who are good as a 2 year old - he struggled to make any impact at 3, despite connections thinking he'd improve with age and eventually land a Group race. That obviously hasn't materialized but he has come back to himself since plummeting down the handicap and has more improvement to come over this 1 mile trip. Magic Cat comes here on the back of a couple of months away from the track and that's no bad thing, as he ran a cracker on his first run this season, showing that he can go well fresh. He has run on 6 occasions this year (1 win & 3 good runs) and although he disappointed twice, that can be put down to the ground being livelier than ideal. For Elaine Burke's charge to give his best, he needs to have some cut in the ground and that looks sure to happen today, with the ground currently listed as soft, good to soft in places. Anything on the slow side of good will be alright and this track also suits his style of running. Magic Cat is also very unexposed at this 1 mile trip, as he has only run on 2 occasions over it. The first of those - on GS at Haydock in June - ended in a first place finish, beating the useful Dolphin Rock in the process. The race suited those who were racing handily so to see this fellow come through to win in the shadow of the post was impressive, as he was held up in rear and looked to be making little headway under pressure despite strong urging's from Andrew Elliot. However, he stuck to the task in an exceptionally game fashion to land the spoils from a mark 3lbs lower than what he runs off today and I feel the effort can be marked up a fair bit - so 85 should be an exploitable mark. Defying top-weight in this handicap won't be easy for Magic Cat but his staying-on 4¼ length defeat at Newcastle - when last seen in July - showed that he's still in good heart (was given exceptionally patient ride in race suiting those on the pace) and that was over 7f in a tougher race. The drop in grade and return to a fairly easy 1m should suit and the ground has definitely come right for him. The yard seem to enjoy having runners here and I'd imagine this is a race that they'll expect to be very winnable (the market should provide some clues). Plenty of the field demand a lot of respect and for that reason I'll just play small win stakes. It's not an easy race by any means but Burke's charge should be more than up to getting involved and he has plenty to suit. If money came for Breakheart (16/1), it'd be interesting but apart from that, I couldn't be overly confident about too many of the rest. My selection should go well if all pans out in his favour during the race (a good pace would be welcomed) and hopefully it will. Personally, I wouldn't have him any bigger than 6/1 and the 10's available look a fair bit too big.

Re: BBOTD - Thursday, 15th September 0.5 e/w the noble ord yarmouth 15.40 @ sp no idea what price the noble ord will go off at,but as this is an 8 runner race will have an e/w punt,the noble ord has had 3 runs todate,the 1st run in july was probably needed,the second run was a win over 6 furlongs in a class 5 contest looking comfortable at the end,then a 4th place run when upped in class to a class 4 contest over 6 furlongs at the end of august but beaten by less than 2 lenghts and running on well,i think todays 7 furlong distance will really suit the noble ord and it can inprove on the 4th place in class 4 company and maybe land the spoils today

Re: BBOTD - Thursday, 15th September 3.00 Pontefract Archers Prize should benefit from the drop in trip on his second start. From a very speedy family and the stable really going well at the moment. Tough challenge in the form of Passionada but just might have the speed to take this and much better value. 1 Pt win 5/1 Bet365

Re: BBOTD - Thursday, 15th September 600 Ponte: Aussie Blue 1pt (7/1 Bet365) Won this race last year and again ran well at the track when third in July. Ran below that form afterwards in a class 4 race. Has been runner up twice since on the AW over 9f and now gets in here off a mark of just 59. Back in class 5 grade, a pound lower than when he won 12 months ago and in good form, should go close here.

Re: BBOTD - Thursday, 15th September 3:50 Good Boy Jackson @ Ayr - Won two races back in May and June and was a good 3rd of 15 LTO at Thirsk.Phillip Makin takes the ride and he has a 22% strike rate on 3 year olds this year and trainer Kevin Ryan has a 26% strike rate with the same age group as well as a profit of +7:00 this year at Ayr 0.5 pt E/W @ 10/1 Paddy Power

Re: BBOTD - Thursday, 15th September Yarm 4.40 - Twice Bitten - win at 3/1 bet365 Has shown his best form on the AW at kempton to date but is lightly raced and is worth another chance on turf Runs here off a mark 11lbs below his current AW mark and 7lbs below his last winning mark (2 runs ago) Has posted good speed figs on the AW in better races than this and takes a drop in class Main worry is the step up in trip to 2 miles which is unknown territory and he has shown signs of keenness in his races which could scupper his chances of staying. However Fallon gets the ride today and hopefully he'll be able to settle the horse If he can settle he should have too much pace in the finish for what appears to be basically a field full of plodders.

Re: BBOTD - Thursday, 15th September Ayr 14:50 Storming Bernard Win (3,00) Bet365 horse's form got better and better over the last 5 races. Last race was won and this 2 year old gelding, now got a good opportunity to continue the fine form .. Going fit the horse well. 2 of the last 4 places under similar conditions. The race is 1 Furlong longer than the previous but it should not be a problem. Its a strong group of horses and Stroming Bernard need to ride his best.

Re: BBOTD - Thursday, 15th September Listowel 4.55 Tawaag win - 10/1 PP Talented horse, but things happened a bit too quick for him at Galway and then he jumped slowly lto. Softer ground will help him and he was 2nd in the MCR hurdle off just 3lb lower in 2009. On that form he has a chance today and Ruby Walsh glove treatment could see him run a good race today.

Re: BBOTD - Thursday, 15th September 2.30 Pontefract - Gertmegalush (1pt WIN 20/1 Coral) Two miserable efforts in the last six, but on the whole has the (theoretical) ability to win this event. Never really fired this year, but coming down the OR as a result. In with a shout in an apprentices race.

Re: BBOTD - Thursday, 15th September 14:20 Ayr Sonny Red - Has recently tumbled down the ratings from 92 in May to 67 for today. With Shirley taking another 7lbs off I think this horse is carrying no weight for a class 5. Was 2nd in the silver cup here last year off 89 and last won off 96. Running in group races as a 3 year old. Does have a bad draw but I think the give in the ground will do him no end of favours and 18/1 Victor Chandler a EW bet can't be ruled out. 0.5EW v/C

Re: BBOTD - Thursday, 15th September Never runs a bad race but just aint WINNING. However trainer R.Carr's 9yr old's last win was back here at Ayr. Bothe the trip and ground will be right up his street and i cant see him being all that far away at the business end. He rates a condident e/w bet. Ayr 4:50 Beckermet. o.5 e/w bet 6/1 @ Hills etc

Re: BBOTD - Thursday, 15th September 5.40 Kempton: Yellow Printer 1pt win @ 14/1 VC Bet BOG This horse is now very well treated on best form having dropped down to a very winnable mark and running in the lowest class of handicap company encountered to date in, what is, a fairly lightly raced career to date. Had two fairly dismal runs back for new trainer after a lengthy absence and as a consequence has plumetted to an all time low mark of only 55. Has first time blinkers applied today and dodged an engagement 5 days ago so perhaps the horse is ready to run a half decent race and with Adam Kirby a positive booking, could be worth taking a chance on at 14/1.

Re: BBOTD - Thursday, 15th September 2.40 Yarmouth - 1pt win Hartside @ 9/1 (Hills) - BOG Sir Michael Stoute's horses often need their first run, and it certainly looked this way with this horse. He sent three horses to Sandown for the race, with this Derby entry proving the most popular in the market as he was sent off at 9/1. He raced prominently early, before losing his place. When he tried to get back into the race he had no run and then was hampered. He wouldn't have gone close but kept on a bit late on. He's bound to come on for that, and he is bred to go okay as a 2yo. His dam won on her second start, and the ground looks a valid excuse. His dam struggled on soft - no surprise coming from a quick ground sire and the ground was on the softer side at Sandown. The ground today is good, good to firm in places and drying all the time. He should come on bundles for the first run and with the ground more in his favour. He's clearly well thought of at home to hold a Derby entry, and to be sent off as the favourite of the three Stoute runners in the Sandown maiden.

Re: BBOTD - Thursday, 15th September

UDDY MAC 2.30 Pontefract. 0.5 points each way. Gets in off a decent weight in context with all known recent form. Likes the trip and ground and jockey did well on him last time. Should be able to stay on well and should therefore be involved in the finish. 12/1 Bet365 BOG
Too late, and just as well.................... Next selection... COME HERE YEW 3.50 Ayr. 0.5 points each way. Up in weights without winning, but still gets in well for this race. Trip and ground fine and should go close. 6/1 Victor Chandler BOG

Re: BBOTD - Thursday, 15th September Breezolini 4.00 Pontefract. 0.5 points each way. Pretty consistent type, but does lack that bit of sparkle when needing it most. Trip and ground's not a concern and I like the fact the visor goes on. May not work, but if it does,then that little bit of sparkle when needed may be seen if cannot look around late on. Worth a bet at decent odds. 22/1 Victor Chandler (bog)

Re: BBOTD - Thursday, 15th September

0.5 e/w the noble ord yarmouth 15.40 @ sp no idea what price the noble ord will go off at,but as this is an 8 runner race will have an e/w punt,the noble ord has had 3 runs todate,the 1st run in july was probably needed,the second run was a win over 6 furlongs in a class 5 contest looking comfortable at the end,then a 4th place run when upped in class to a class 4 contest over 6 furlongs at the end of august but beaten by less than 2 lenghts and running on well,i think todays 7 furlong distance will really suit the noble ord and it can inprove on the 4th place in class 4 company and maybe land the spoils today
the above is a non runner i will try a 0.5 e/w toomdeely 16.25 listowel 12/1 bog ladbrokes not much of a field and the odds on fav(son amix) might well land the spoils but i wouldnt like to be on it at odds on,so ive looked for an e/w horse and i fancy toomdeely to end my long loseing run and grab at least a place,toomdeely has only had one win and that was here at listowel,a decent 3rd of 16 four days ago so its fitness shouldnt be in doubt,toomdeely is the 2nd top OR horse with sporting so hopefully can go well:hope

Re: BBOTD - Thursday, 15th September 4.30 Pontefract Tillietudlem win @ 10/1 Ladbrokes Best to forgive this horses last run where he was well beaten by Patella. He raced up with the pace that day which must have been pretty strong as the first 5 places were filled with horses held up in mid-division or further back. He is well handicapped on past form and can definitely go close of this mark of 61. I don't see there being much between my selection and Patella today. He is proven at this trip which can't be said for a few of these and I give him a good chance here of getting involved.