BBOTD ~ Wednesday13th Sep

mileni4uk

Listowel 4.10 Adams Island win - 9/1 Lads Had this horse as one to follow ever since he finished 2nd to Captain Chris and then again 2nd to Balthazar King at Cheltenham. Has now gone to Paul Nolan and I'm absolutely certain he is better than his current mark. If he can win a Kerry National after a long break we have to wait and see, but if tuned up, he could be very well handicapped tomorrow.

Re: BBOTD ~ Wednesday13th Sep 16:05 Sandown King Tours Win (3,25) Bet365 This is King Tours 3rd race this year. The 3 year old, had a great 2010 whit 3 wins in 5 races. This season first race was 4/11 but he came back on winning ways on the same distance and going recently. Richard Hughes is once again jockey and the only one King Tours had.

Re: BBOTD ~ Wednesday13th Sep 4.10 Listowel The Kerry National - lovely! Bideford Legend has been hit with a 17lb rise for his Killarney win in May and has run over hurdles twice since to avoid any further weight rises. Ran well here over hurdles over 3m in june and looked in need of a return to this trip last time over inadequate 20f. 9/1 ladbrokes, 1 pt win

Re: BBOTD ~ Wednesday13th Sep 4.10 Listowel Lenabane win @ 12/1 Bet365 Another one for this race. I think much was thought of this horse once sent chasing after finishing up close behind the likes of Pandorama and Weapons Amnesty over 3miles at Leapoardstown in December 2009 but he hasn't really gone on from that. He has been highly tried since that run in grade 1 and grade 2 level and to be fair to him hasn't run too badly in that company. His form tailed off towards the end of last year but he has returned this year in better form and looks to have been trained with this race in mind. Last time out at Galway he finished a close 2nd to Ballyholland but I think the further trip here should suit him. It will be a true test in the conditions and Lenabane has yet to prove he stays this far but I will take the chance as he hasn't had that many chances over 3miles.

Re: BBOTD ~ Wednesday13th Sep Beverley 4:20 - Iberian Rock Ann Duffield won the 3:10 2yo maiden in 2010 and has this 2yo in the 4:20 maiden. The filly hasn't performed well in her two starts, recording two duck eggs, but I think Duffield has brought her here for a reason. The trainer is 2 in 8 for 2yo's at this track in 2011 and David Nolan has also had a couple of winners on 2yo's this year with her. Win @ sp

Re: BBOTD ~ Wednesday13th Sep 4:10 Listowel: Blazing Tempo 1pt win 7/1 Ladbrokes Blazing Tempo looks to have a fair bit on here with 12 lbs more than when winning the Galway Plate, however she represents the powerful combination of Willie Mullins and Ruby Walsh who have a fine record in the race. And there is the feeling that this lightly raced seven year old could still be improving. She has a fifty percent strike rate over the larger obstacles and will handle this soft going, it could just be that Blazing Tempo has enough class to see her home here.

Re: BBOTD ~ Wednesday13th Sep 2:35 Beverley Captain Scooby 1pt win - 9/1 (WH) Said I'd wait for softer ground before backing this one again but the return to 5f at Beverley, plus Amy Ryan taking off three (and a 1lb drop in OR), who managed to get a good tune out of the horse over this C+D earlier in the year, makes me think he's able to go in here. He has won in the past at Beverley and ran well here off a mark of 64 (taking into account claim) in July on good to firm ground, so he can act on it. Had no luck in running at Carlisle and the six furlong trip he tried lto just doesn't suit him. Big chance for me today.

Re: BBOTD ~ Wednesday13th Sep 16:10 Listowel MUIRHEAD has doubts on paper of whether he'll stay this 3m trip on the soft ground but this race has obviously been the target for some time and has been campaigned with it in mind and I'd expect a decent effort from him today. A classy hurdler, winning a Grade 1 Novices event as a 4yo, he's struggled to make an impact at the top levels since and has only won twice. Those have both come over fences and although he obviously isn't the most experienced over them (four starts to date), he's run well on all four of them. Unfortunately this will be his first try at 3 miles in his career in either NH code which does damper enthusiasm somewhat but does have the pedigree to stay the distance and was full of running on his penultimate start over 2m6f, when not given a hard time. Obviously comes from top connections and is their only representative in the race. A few question marks to answer, especially against some of these battle-hardened individuals but gets in off a featherweight 10st 1lbs, has the potential to be rated in the 140's at the very least (current chase rating is 132) and is a fairly big price of 14/1, especially with 5 places paid (appreciate it's only four for BBOTD purposes). MUIRHEAD; EW @ 14/1 Boylesports (bog)

Re: BBOTD ~ Wednesday13th Sep 2:35 Beverley - Nomoreblondes - win @ 17/2 (WillHill) 14 runners are set to go to post for this 5f sprint at the stiff Beverley track and Nomoreblondes looks capable of bouncing back to form. Before disappointing at Haydock last time out (had excuses), Paul Midgley's 7 year old mare was thriving on her racing and put in 6 consistently good efforts on the slate between May and July - winning twice. One of those wins was in a seller but the manner of her second win - a 3 length victory in July over this trip at York - was very impressive and that was in a C4 Handicap, albeit one for apprentice jockeys. Today, Nomoreblondes is 6lbs higher than that win but it's not an insurmountable mark at all, especially as she's dropping down in grade to tackle plenty of inferior animals. The speed that she showed at York to lie up with the pace before taking up the running and scampering clear was impressive and her draw in stall 5 should ensure that she'll be getting a nice position in a race that should be run at a frantic pace (possible that she could make the running despite opposition for lead). There's also the fact that this is the first time in a long time that she lines out on a stiff track and this is taken to suit, as she certainly stays well despite having so much raw speed. Paul Midgley is in cracking form of late, with 5 winners from 19 runners in the past fortnight and that's obviously impressive. The rest of the trainers who have a runner in this race aren't in great form it seems and trainer form is something that's vital. 5lb claimer Luke McNiff hops back on board and he was the man in control when Nomoreblondes landed the spoils at York. McNiff was also in the driving seat next time out when she finished a 1 length 2nd (of 4) at Haydock to the useful and recently progressive Your Gifted - last seen running off a mark of 91 (then rated 79, but in-foal, hence vastly improved efforts). McNiff seems like a useful jockey - even though his record in sprints isn't great - and his 5lb allowance should come in very handy. Overall, the 17/2 price-tag is much too big for an animal with most things to suit and if Nomoreblondes is on the top of her game, an 8th career victory could be achieved. I will only play small/medium win stakes as these are tough races to get right but she's one of the more likely types and hopefully she can oblige. Ice Trooper (10/1) isn't without a chance either and could be worth a quid or two.

Re: BBOTD ~ Wednesday13th Sep 5.10 Sandown Groomed win @ 3/1 Bet 365 Did not really show much as a two year old but has improved this season and won 2 from 3 this year since going handicapping. Won here last time out over todays distance on good to soft but should not be inconvienienced by the predicted faster ground today. Goes 4lbs for the last win but tere should be to come and looks capable of winning this.

Re: BBOTD ~ Wednesday13th Sep 4.20 Beverley - Iberian Rock (0.5pt EW 50/1 PP) I see jayalexander has already tipped this one but I figure its a good value play. Got two goose eggs so far and beaten fewer lengths LTO than the time before. Form doesn't tell the whole story, and Iberian Rock posted a passable speed figure for that effort. Drops down a grade today which can only help. She has been improving the past two runs so far, and if the first time cheekpieces provide the boost that she needs she should go close. There doesn't appear to be too much opposition in a mediocre heat, so :hope

Re: BBOTD ~ Wednesday13th Sep 320 Yarmouth: Piano EW (8/1 Lads,VCBet) I give this one a chance on her close third behind Principle Role at Newcastle, only beaten a length that day and is twice the price of the Cecil filly. Ran below par at Sandown with Hughes on board, that was the first time he had rode her, Buick back on top today and is a course and distance winner. 8/1 looks a fair value EW bet on a tricky old day in my opinion.

Re: BBOTD ~ Wednesday13th Sep 2:00 Listowel - Foot Soldier - Back One of the most exposed types in this race but has also achieved the most in his career thus far and he's been found a really good chance to break his maiden tag here. Custom Cut looks the only real danger having run his best race thus far lto, but foot soldier looks to have the edge and I'm a tad surprised he's odds against here 1pt win @ 5/4 Paddy Power BOG

Re: BBOTD ~ Wednesday13th Sep 4.40 Sandown - 1pt win Abergeldie @ 20/1 (Hills) - BOG Abergeldie is a quirky customer, but the drop back to a mile today should suit, and she's capable of striking back down at this mark. 20/1 looks overpriced for this one on the back of a poor effort over 1m2f. The visor was applied to this one at Chepstow, and it had the desired effect as she powered to victory by 3 1/4l. The 2nd has won twice and been second since so the form looks strong. Next time out, the Andrew Balding trained filly was upped in grade for a Grade 2 at Ascot behind Rave. She kept on to be 6th of 11, but was always likely to struggle in such competitive company given she lacks that real kick of speed. That race was better than this one, though, and following this run and the 10f run last time, she's been dropped by the handicapper to a mark of 71 - just 5lbs higher than her Chepstow rout. This looks very fair to me, and I think she's going to run well today. There are some potentially useful unexposed types in the field but not the sort of animals she faced at Ascot on her penultimate start. Everything looks in her favour today against her own sex, with the trip and ground perfectly fine. She should outrun her price.

Re: BBOTD ~ Wednesday13th Sep I wish LARS all the best of luck with his BBOTD as his pick is a nice horse and i also have a wee cash down e/w I will take chance in the same race but on a horse that was a nice winner last time out. The 10yr old was a winner over 2m 6f and if he gets the extra trip today should run a good race. Am unsure on todays ground but he has won in the past on Heavy. At the price he's showing of around 16/1 i'll take my chances on this very tricky race. Listowel - 4:10 Ballyholland. 0.5 e/w bet 18/1 Stanjames

Re: BBOTD ~ Wednesday13th Sep

I wish LARS all the best of luck with his BBOTD as his pick is a nice horse and i also have a wee cash down e/w I will take chance in the same race but on a horse that was a nice winner last time out. The 10yr old was a winner over 2m 6f and if he gets the extra trip today should run a good race. Am unsure on todays ground but he has won in the past on Heavy. At the price he's showing of around 16/1 i'll take my chances on this very tricky race. Listowel - 4:10 Ballyholland. 0.5 e/w bet 18/1 Stanjames
Muirhead isn't running. :ok

Re: BBOTD ~ Wednesday13th Sep It's a non-runner Jimmy, unfortunately.:unsure 17:10 Sandown SHALLOON looked a horse on the up when winning in great fashion at Ripon over a mile on his second start. He followed that run up with a solid run at Epsom over that trip when staying on behind a decent enough type in Weapon Of Choice. Looked like he'd stay this trip on that evidence. Never landed a blow last time on soft ground but that ground was probably against him (especially as he's a product of Cape Cross) and the better ground will definitely be in his favour. Not guaranteed to stay on pedigree but I'll chance that he will, especially as he's fairly strong in the market and he's entered in races at much further. Win @ 8/1 Bet365 (bog)

Re: BBOTD ~ Wednesday13th Sep 0.5 e/w groomed 17.10 sandown 9/2 coral groomed has a decent chance here winning 2 of its last 3 starts,last time out over this course and distance,coral have this @ 9/2 and the best i can see anywere else is the 4/1 on offer with paddy power,sportinglifes tip for the race,the only 5 star rated horse sporting put up,good win chance and the e/w part is just a stake saver

Re: BBOTD ~ Wednesday13th Sep

16:05 Sandown King Tours Win (3,25) Bet365 This is King Tours 3rd race this year. The 3 year old, had a great 2010 whit 3 wins in 5 races. This season first race was 4/11 but he came back on winning ways on the same distance and going recently. Richard Hughes is once again jockey and the only one King Tours had.
I've rarely been so disappointed with a horse... :wall

Re: BBOTD ~ Wednesday13th Sep 6.00 Yarmouth: Pytheas 1pt win @ 9/2 PaddyPower BOG Stable in good form at the minute and this the only horse they have sent to Yarmouth today. Mark Coumbe has been on top of all winners and this his only booked ride of the day. Look like hints that a decent run may be expected in my book. Although the horse has never won to date, this mark looks well within the horses ability given some sound efforts over the summer from higher. Must have a chance here in an open contest.

Re: BBOTD ~ Wednesday13th Sep NOOR ZABEEL 7.40 Kempton. 1 point win. Needs to find a shade on all known bare form, but open to improvement and this small field could suit. The trip and surface shouldn't be a concern and although there are better tactical jockeys in the race, I think Davies can just sit in behind and go when needed (hopefully). The price warrants the bet. 9/2 Boylesports BOG

Re: BBOTD ~ Wednesday13th Sep 8:40 Secret Edge @ Kempton - Won over the distance LTO and was two legths behind the winner in previous race which was over course and distance.Richard Hughes takes the ride and has a 16% strike rate with 3 year olds this year as well as a +16.63 profit. 1pt Win bet @ 7/2 VCBet Cheers