BBOTD - Monday 12 September

Haystacks

Missile Attack - Muss 5.20 (0.5ew 10-1 BET365 BOG) Very lightly raced 3YO who has only had four runs to date (only two of which were with Ian Semple). Last time out finished runner-up at Wolves on his handicap debut and seems fairly well treated on a mark of only 57 from a pretty good draw. Might well improve on this first run in which he encounters cut in the ground.

Re: BBOTD - Monday 12 September 16:40 Kempton LITTLE BLACK BOOK has been consistent if not a tad unlucky over trips of a mile in his past few races, finishing 2nd on three out of his last four starts. His mark has gone up a little as a result but he remains in good heart and the drop back to 7f should suit. Made his Kempton debut last time, running a fine race when only beaten by the progressive Trumpington Street. Little Black Book was 2.25 lengths clear of third. Effectively runs off 3lbs higher with no apprentice on board but this trip could bring some more improvement, especially as he kept getting mugged of the race in the final 100yds or so over a mile. Nothing really that progressive in this field today and from a good draw, my selection should run well. Was expecting to see 2/1 or so, 4/1 is obviously too big. Little Black Book; Win @ 4/1 Bet365 (bog)

Re: BBOTD - Monday 12 September 5:20 Musselburgh - Chosen One - e/w @ 22/1 (WillHill) The likely cut in the ground at Musselburgh leads to plenty of this 14 runner field being ruled out of the equation and the one that I'm finding easiest to side with is Ruth Carr's seemingly out-of-form runner - Chosen One. This 6 year old gelding has only beaten a couple of animals home on his last trio of outings but with things going against him, they're best forgiven. Last time out, over C&D, he was drawn out of the equation and tried race alone on the far side, which put paid to any chance he had. On his other couple of runs beforehand, he couldn't get home at stiff sprint tracks having showed too much pace too early and they're best overlooked too. Previous to disappointing last thrice, Chosen One put in a cracking effort over the minimum trip at the sharp, but stiff, Pontefract track. The front-runners went off like a bat out of hell on that occasion and Ruth Carr's charge showed plenty of speed to keep up before taking up the running as they turned for home. He stayed ahead of the rest for 2f but ended up getting caught in the shadow of the post by a fast-finishing, next time out winner in the form of Brian Baugh's 7 year old mare - Comptonspirit. My selection for today's race was quite unlucky to get pegged back and the uphill finish was the only reason he was. Today, Chosen One tackles a much, much easier track and that's something that I expect to suit - especially given how much speed he's showing of late. He's also a C&D winner off a 1lb lower mark (albeit in a lower grade) and he will have no problem handling the cut in the ground. James Sullivan, a three-time winner on him last year, takes the ride again and the pair have a much better draw in stall 8 compared to stall 1 that was allotted for them last time out. The one massive worry is the form of the Ruth Carr yard, as this is the stage of the season when all of their animals begin to run shocking races. They always peak around early summer before their form tails off and her recent runners suggest that all is not well again. However, I'm willing to overlook that as the 22/1 price-tag is much too big for a horse who can turn on the style when on song. He has speed to burn, handles the track and handles the ground - all of which should see him in with some sort of chance in the closing stages. I wouldn't be one bit surprised to see him drop out tamely but he's worth taking a chance on. Of the rest, Monte Mayor One is likely to be sent off as the favourite on the back of her C&D win last time out but I'm not one bit keen on taking 4/1 about that animal. For one, she's up 7lbs for winning that race and two, she's got the worst draw in stall 1. That's not to say that she can't overcome it but that price can't be considered remotely fair for a horse like her. Cayman Fox is a 25/1 shot and she's the only other one I'd consider having a punt on (may prefer stiffer test though). This is a terrible race and taking on the field with an outsider mightn't be a bad idea. It's obviously a bet full of risk though, so this isn't one to put the mortgage money on! Small each-way bet for me and hopefully he'll run well.

Re: BBOTD - Monday 12 September 5.40 Kempton Addikt e/w @ 10/1 William Hill I like the look of Addikt here. He was in good form for this stable earlier this season when returning from a break but his form has dipped a little on his last 2 runs. It is possible a return to Kempton may bring about a better performance today as he won twice over 10f at this course earlier in the year. If anything an extra furlong here should suit as he has stayed on well on both occasions well into the final furlong. The stable have had a recent winner on the flat and David Kenny gets on well with the horse.

Re: BBOTD - Monday 12 September 16:30 Brighton Mucky Molly 1 pt win (3,50) Bet365 This maiden looks like its about to break her maiden status. She got 2 second place races in a row and last race looked promising, when finishing 3/4 L after missiom Impossible under simular going. Mucky Molly got a good draw and might be able to work that to her advance. Some of her tough rivales have previous found this going difficult, which might be a help hand, in her case.

Re: BBOTD - Monday 12 September B4.00 High Class Lady 0.5pt E/W 25/1 William Hill Walter Swinburn ended a long losing run yesterday and the horse might show improved form for a switch from the all weather, the application of headgear and the booking of top 3lb claimer S M Levey. There's so many different conditions here today that I think the horses last few runs can be ignored and a return to the form is showed when finishing 2nd of 16 at 20/1 in soft ground last year could be on the cards.

Re: BBOTD - Monday 12 September 3.40 Kempton Anginola started off slowly lto and only got going very late, would have got a lot closer with a little bit more distance so this step up to 7F looks ideal. Was heavily punted that day so obviously a lot was expected but the poor start cost her. Has Fallon on board now for nursery debut and looks to have a great chance. 1 pt win 5/1 Bet365

Re: BBOTD - Monday 12 September 5.20 Musselburgh: These Dreams 1pt win @ 25/1 Bet365 BOG A definite case can be made for this horse here in my opinion. Despite being a maiden, the horse has ran well enough to believe that it can win a race having been close up on a few occasions. Handles cut in the ground so conditions fine and any further rain no issue. Has slipped down to a decent looking handicap here having performed below par on last couple of starts when a visor was tried. Change of headgear to cheekpieces this afternoon may spark the horse back into life and on best known form would have a live chance here. 25/1 looks a decent bet here.

Re: BBOTD - Monday 12 September 5:40 Alfouzy @ Kempton - Was only beaten by three quarters of a length here over the same distance back in July.Has cheekpieces on today and a good jockey booking in Neil Callen who has a 20% strike rate on the all weather and a profit of +33.25 at Kempton this year 1 pt Win bet @ 13/2 Coral

Re: BBOTD - Monday 12 September 320 Mussleburgh: Al Furat (2/1 Stan James) Tricky one as my system horse Los Nadis is in the same race, however i'm backing both so will put Al Furat up here, won very easily last time when stepped up in trip and looks ahead of the handicapper, has been raise 9lbs but this race is pretty weak and Hanagan has been booked to do the steering.

Re: BBOTD - Monday 12 September 3.10 Kempton - Winter Dress (1pt WIN 22/1 VC) One solitary run isn't enough to make firm judgments but I still think she is value to back. She posted a premium ATR speed figure and Topspeed on this surface LTO. Doesn't much improvement on her debut to land this one. It was noted last time that she ran on strongly in the final furlong, now upped in trip she could make it count. I am also of the opinion that the fav is currently poor value: this makes it all the better for us.

Re: BBOTD - Monday 12 September 0.5 e/w miss accurate 16.45 listowel 16/1 paddypower miss accurate is a forcast 6/1 shot with sporting so the 16/1 could prove generouse,the predicted odds on fav shadow eile(currently around 10/11 with most firms)is a forcast 5/1 shot with sporting so im hopeing there prediction is not to far off the mark and hopefully there is not much between these horses,i will ignore miss accurates last run were it was 6th but was leading untill a bad blunder,miss accurates 2 runs before that were both decent wins over this 2 mile distance,5 runs todate with 2 wins make miss accurate a decent horse to follow +£19 to a £1 win stake,5 star rated with sporting,im hopeing this is the donkey to stop my terrible run of late:hope

Re: BBOTD - Monday 12 September Only the 4 runs for trainer K Ryan's colt and yet to get a win. Jockey Paul Hanagan gets a leg up today for the first time and they should run a close race, the colt has had a nice long break of over 60 days and has been learning the racing game race by race. Mr Ryan sends out the 3 runners to Musselburgh but from the 3 id say this could be his best chance of a winner. Musselbourgh 4:50 Banksy - 1pt win bet, 7/1 a few firms Skybet & Boylesports etc Best of luck in your day.

Re: BBOTD - Monday 12 September BIANCAROSA 2.30 Brighton. 0.5 points each way. Did fair enough before coming to this country, and definitely handles the soft ground, which is a certain plus for today. Gets in off a mark of 64 which is fair enough, so if fit, which hopefully he will be, he can go well today at decent odds. 18/1 Victor Chandler BOG

Re: BBOTD - Monday 12 September Munich 3.30 Brighton. 0.5 points each way. All about the ground for me, and with us not having a problem with it, and others needing to prove themselves, we have every chance. Bit worried about fitness after a break, but not a strong race and gets in off a low looking mark of 53. The race has enough pace about it, so all in all has every chance returning to the flat. 14/1 Betfred (bog)

Re: BBOTD - Monday 12 September first selection is a non-runner 5.40 Kempton: Micks Dancer 1pt win @ 14/1 Labrokes BOG Well handicapped on best known form with all flat wins coming from higher marks than this. Trip no problem and ran well enough over a furlong shorter here LTO which was a step back in the right direction. Martin Dwyer a positive booking and stable in decent enough heart at present on both flat and over jumps. Worth a chance here from current rating IMO.

Re: BBOTD - Monday 12 September 5:40 Kempton Nothing to Hide EW - 80/1 (VC) Given initial handicap mark of 74, now down to 69 and never looked hopeless of a mark in the 70s. Pedigree suggests he'll excel over longer trips and he gets his longest trip today. Clearly prefers the sounder surface and the trainer does alright on AW tracks.

Re: BBOTD - Monday 12 September

515 listowel wither hills 7/1 boyles each way posted best run yet when the introduction of cheekpieces helped him win at roscommon. subsequently that was challenged and and the stewards room he was disqualified and placed second. can gain compensation here
Added the Each Way after it was placed:wall Help me guys, What am I supposed to do, I cant carry on doing this job with things like this going on!

3.40 Kempton Anginola started off slowly lto and only got going very late, would have got a lot closer with a little bit more distance so this step up to 7F looks ideal. Was heavily punted that day so obviously a lot was expected but the poor start cost her. Has Fallon on board now for nursery debut and looks to have a great chance. 1 pt win 5/1 Bet365
OMG how many photo finishes am I going to lose this month :@

Added the Each Way after it was placed:wall Help me guys, What am I supposed to do, I cant carry on doing this job with things like this going on!
Well that is pretty blatant cheating. Fair enough if someone gets the price wrong but that is just ridiculous

I think this has to be last chance saloon One more transgression and i reckon a ban would be in order.

Re: BBOTD - Monday 12 September If it is believed that someone is persistently flouting the rules then they should surely be obliged to explain their actions immediately. I would suggest that failure to do so should result in an immediate one-week ban from the competition (with any further rule-breaking incurring lengthier suspensions). BH puts an amazing amount of work into this competition, and everyone who takes part owes him a big debt of gratitude. The onus is on each and everyone of us to try and make his job as straightforward as possible, i.e. not having to deal with this kind of crap.

Most punters are straight up and honest and even tell you if you've given them too many points or missed a loser of theirs in the competition. Sadly, it seems not all punters think the same and are desperate to win the competition. I'd even say that desperate they have 2 accounts. :@

I agree with Phil 99% on here are straight. Sometimes we make the odd error and it gets fixed but that is inexcusable i'm afraid to say posted nearly an hour after the race and there wasn't a 6.15 race at the meeting. Imo should be dropped out immediately for the rest of this months comp be allowed back from next month on but one more discrepancy in the next 12 months a ban would be issued. As for early price i think you should use one firm only it would be easier to keep track. Good Luck BH you do a great job:ok