** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

BBOTD 1st September

Re: BBOTD 1st September New month, new player. Going to give this a go for a month, see how it goes (although not hopeful, aim is to improve my reading of races) Koo and the Gang - 3.40 Redcar (4/1 >Bet365) Tight affair here, as the betting suggests. Koo and the Gang has opened up favourite and i’ll go along with that. Possibly has the best form of the field and has won over similar conditions on this track. 7f then but has won over a mile and penultimate run at Ascot showed that the extra furlong is no problem. I don’t think Toto Skyllachy will get the pace needed and the form of Kiwi Bay and Charlie Cool isn’t inspiring so I’ve got Munsarim down as the main danger. However, I believe he wants the going to be on the good side and so i’m siding with Koo and the Gang here who should relish this.

Re: BBOTD 1st September 3.50 Salisbury Elbe 14/1 e/w PaddyPower Going to give this horse another chance here after a very disappointing effort last time out at Lingfield. To be fair the horse ran freely and pulled for nearly 4 furlongs so it was no surprise the horse had nothing left when asked for an effort. It is interesting they have opted for the hood for this horse to try and concentrate her mind on the job. Hopefully it will do the trick. Add that to the fact that they will probably go a better gallop here and this horse should be able to get herself into a nice rhythm early on like she showed on her first two outings. On her first start on a racecourse she travelled very nicely into the race only to fade away towards the finish and end up 6th. That effort came in one of the hottest maidens this year which has prodcued horses such as Samitar, Gamilati, My Propeller and Regal Realm. On her second start she showed the same powerful cruising speed to take a decent Doncaster maiden and never really had to be asked a serious question. I am hoping her last run was just a blip and they obviously think pretty highly of her as she is group 1 entered. This is obviously a different kettle of fish to what she has raced against so far. Dreamwriter was so impressive on debut and should be in the shake up here. Inetrobil probably brings the best form to the table and has to be respected. The race is full of unexposed types and looks a tricky one to call but I do think Elbe can show her true colours here and get involved.

Re: BBOTD 1st September 3:50 Salisbury - Dreamwriter - 1pt win Dreamwriter couldn't have made a deeper impression on debut when absolutely running away over 6f when apparently the 'stable second string'. Finished absolutely full of running and for a Hannon two-year old to make such an impressive debut, 11/4 looks a shade too big now stepped up in class. It looked to be a truly run race as well, so there might be a possibility that 6f is on the short side and that she'll excel when stepped up but I still think the price allows for that. Hughes' strike-rate on two year olds at this course is very good.

Re: BBOTD 1st September 3:05 Redcar - Thrust Control A 4yo with an interesting career to date, having won 5 on turf; the latest of which came at this same track. That was in a claimer and he was subsequently bought and moved yards to Tracey Waggott's yard. He's had 5 races since and all have been off the pace but he drops down to cl5 today, where he can boast of 3 wins out of 4 and 2 in 9 at the distance. Jockey and trainer are 1 in 3 together. 50/1 will hill (bog) - ew

Re: BBOTD 1st September 16:25 Salisbury 1 Pt Win (10,00) @ Bet365 The horse Chokurei starts 16:25 ay Salisbury. The horse is ridden by jockey John Fahy. Today's race is a Class 2 race for horses aged 3 +. The horse is trained by Clive Cox. Several of the horses from his stables, has been in impressive form in recent weeks and especially sprint races have been a lucrative business. John Fahy and Cox got seven races together during August. 3 won while 1 was placed. There are more competent competitors in this race and several who have won on this track. Chokueri won on similar distances and has previously worked well in similar conditions. The horse Draw 12th It should not have any impact because the ground is good. Horse. Chokurei is a 3 year old Filly. It appears at this time that she faces an exciting future. She has so far participated in 8 races, of which 3 were won while 1 was placed. It provides a rate of 37.5%. The horse has participated in everything from class 5 to 2. After some initial difficulties, however, she got well in time. In the lower classes, the horse was the other superior. However, she has continued the fine strokes in the high classes where she last rode a nice second place home in a race that in many ways are similar to Salisbury. The horse is on a shared fifth place in terms of speed. In return, she is the lightest in the field. Jockey. John Fahy is a rider with confidence, after 2 weeks with stunning performance. He has participated in everything from 5 to 14 Furlong races and worked good, under the various conditions that have met him. John Fahy is a strong sprinter jockey. He wins most of his races at the short distances between 5 and 7 Furlong. His first sprint was in 09 Since then the gain curve has risen steadily and improved each year. The past 14 days, he attented 20 races. Of them, 6 won while 3 ended with a place. It provides a rate of 30%. Course. The track in Salisbury is 6 Furlong and 212 yards long. The race is a sprint. The course favors horses from the low draw, when the going is soft. During the day, the substrate is expected to be Good to Firm in places, so that might improving the chances of the higher drawn horses.

Re: BBOTD 1st September Joshua The First - Redcar 2:00 The most experienced campaigner in this Nursery Handicap and has been dreadfully unlucky not to have had its head in front on several occasions. The favourite Nemushka has beat my selection already into second place as has Indepub who is in this race also but i am not too concerned about that. Has had 8 runs to date and has been 2nd in five of them starts, had five seconds in a row but has run with credit nearly every time it has run. The times it came second it always traded very short in running, trading at 1.61, 1.50, 1.33, 1.58 and 2.08... It just finds it hard to get its head in front but its run at Carlisle last time out was extremely encouraging when 4th of 12 but was on the unfavoured draw position so is better than the bare result there. That was also a Class 4 race and he is now downgraded to a Class 5. Keith Dalglish's last runner won yesterday at a big price. Should have place prospects at least this horse. E/W @ 8/1 Bet365 BOG

Re: BBOTD 1st September 3:15 Salisbury - Biba Diva - 0.5pts e/w @ 18/1 BlueSq Noseda's 33% with his 2yr olds this season, and is also in a rich vein of form at present with all of his horses - 9 winners from his last 16 saddled. He has 2 in this race - Biba Diva and Kaylena - with Biba Diva getting the nod due to Dettori's better than 25% record on Noseda 2yr olds; whereas Spencer is 0-7.

Re: BBOTD 1st September 150 Newton Abbot: Bathwick Scanno (9/4 Bet365) Juvenile hurdle with only three having experience over hurdles before, Bathwick Scanno is much the best of those and should go close here. He was second at Hexham in June and jumped ok on that occasion, had a break but will be fit enough. Fav Dark Spirit looks the danger on flat ratings but was bought out of a seller by Alison Thorpe and doesnt look value to me and may need this first try over timber.

Re: BBOTD 1st September 3:15 Salisbury - firdaws - Back Not alot to go on in terms of form in this race, but firdaws was 2nd in a way above average looking debut at HQ on debut and looked a sure-fire future winner. Plenty of debutants from good yards here but has the experience edge and could well make that count here 1pt win @ 4/7 VC BOG

Re: BBOTD 1st September 3.15 Salisbury - Whimsical (1pt WIN 14/1 B365) Was slow away LTO but still managed to post a reasonable 68 speed figure. Firdaws did the same, posted 69, and is currently 4/7. This race is always going to be an uphill fight against the well-bred Firdaws, but he has the ability to take advantage of an off day in the favourite.

Re: BBOTD 1st September S5.00 Avrilo 0.5pt E/W 16/1 Bet365 Hopefully there'll be no runners in this 8 runner race because this looks a cracking e/w bet if three places are paid. The horse has been dropping down the handicap and is now only a couple of pounds above its last winning mark. Conditions today are perfect and the trainer is is much better form now with many of his runners making the frame at decent prices in the last few weeks. He also trained the winner of this race last year and this horse has been nibbled at in the market so today could be the day that the horse returns to form.

Re: BBOTD 1st September 2.20 Newton Abbot: ILLYSANTACHRISTINA 1pt win @ 17/2 VC Bet BOG This horse has been given a break since May when a disappointing favourite over a furlong further at Aintree. However, had looked quite progressive prior to that racking up two wins over similar trips, the latter of which was over this trip on good to firm ground as today. Horse is fairly unexposed and would be surprised if the progress had ended - so on return from a short break, with stable in decent heart and in a slightly easier class of handicap than last win, I think this horse could go very close here at a decent price.

Re: BBOTD 1st September 3.50 Salisbury - 1pt win Miss Azeza @ 9/1 (Boyles) Competitive listed race for the fillies, this, but I am very interested in David Simcock's taking Ffos Las winner Miss Azeza, after just one run to date. Now, there are obvious contenders in this - including the favourite Dreamwriter - but despite her impressive victory on debut, she wasn't really fancied in the betting and I would have liked to see the horses behind her come out and run better than they have since. She may well win but I won't be taking 2/1 at best about her with that question mark over her. Pimpernel has an obvious chance and Inetrobil can bounce back, but there are formlines which suggest my selection can get the better of these runners and I think she'll be very much in the mix today. Miss Azeza is going to come on bundles for her run, having been slowly away - probably sacrificing 2 or 3 lengths at the start, and also ran green despite travelling well during the race. Jamie Spencer sharply sent her widest of three inside the final couple of furlongs and she picked up well to draw clear to score by a comfortable length and a half. There was a lot of promise in the run, and the form looks solid enough to boot. She beat Show Flower into 2nd - who was only beaten 1l by Salford Art on a previous run. That animal was 2nd in Pimpernel's recent nursery so even though that one looks to have improved, on the face of it, it suggests that Miss Azeza can get the better of Pimpernel today. Also in the Ffos Las race, the 3rd placed horse was the Queen Mary 3rd Caledonia Lady. She was hot favourite at the Welsh track but was beaten 2l by my selection. She provided another form boost to Miss Azeza when running with plenty of credit behind Best Terms at York recently - finishing 4th. She beat some very nice horses that day with smart types in front - Fire Lily for example who ran well behind Maybe at the Curragh since. The 4th (clear from the 5th) at Ffos Las went on to win her next start at Wolverhampton by 6l just to strengthen the form further. Even if Miss Azeza had won by a nose, it would be a solid effort, but to win as comfortably as she did having given away ground at the start, and it being her first start on the racetrack, suggests she has a bright future, and this sort of race doesn't look beyond her. Should go very well indeed.

Re: BBOTD 1st September 19:50 Clonmel - Moonlight Dancer - 0.5pt e/w @ 10/1 bet365 Three clear favourites in this hurdle race. Peaks of Fire, In a Nutshell and Dr Tommy. The relatively unkown Moonlight Dancer has only had two run outs and both were in the last 30 days. There is not enough form to go on but he showed promise in these first two runs. I think he might suprise here by finishing with the leaders if he can continue to improve on his first two runs. It's an e/w for me as I don't see him coming first in the company he's in but i'm hoping he will show that his potential as a future winner.:hope

Re: BBOTD 1st September Salisbury 5.00 Straboe 6/1 Bluesq Managed to get back to winning ways lto and has been raised 2lb for that. Has a useful 3lb claimer on board today so effectively running below his last winning mark. Other than the favourite this looks quite a weak race imo. The favourite, Rebecca Romero, just got home last time and is 4lb higher today so has a bit more to find than my selection.

Re: BBOTD 1st September Kemp 9.10 - Magic Cross win at 9/1 bet365 CD winner who comes here after a 10 week break and can go well fresh as his last win came off a four month break Was fairly well beaten in his last two races back in June but drops in class tonight, down a pound in the weights and hopefully the break will have freshened him up Generally goes well on the poly with 5 wins and places from 8 outings

Re: BBOTD 1st September PRINCE OF RETRIEVAL 8.10 Kempton. 0.5 points each way. Not shown anything like what he's capable of, so with now going handicapping in a weakish looking race, and getting in off a fair looking mark of 50, I think he can show better form and go close today. The extra furlong on this surface can bring about improvement in itself, so with Jimmy Fortune a very good jockey added to the plus side, I'd certainly be interested at double-figure odds (exchanges), irrespective of the end result. 8/1 Bet365 BOG

Re: BBOTD 1st September Lady Valtas 8.40 Kempton. 0.5 points each way. A ridiculous choice on form, but I like this type & it wouldn't be the first time that a horse making its handicap debut over a trip much further than it's tried before & on a surface that it hasn't tried before, shows much improved form. Pat Eddery no mug and surely this filly's better than has shown, so with it not looking a strong race and with us very unexposed in certain areas, I think the 'mahoosive' odds on the exchanges are worth nibbling at. Could be totally wrong, but no bother in taking a small risk at around 85s-90s on the exchanges. 33/1 Victor Chandler (bog)

Re: BBOTD 1st September 9.10 Kempton - Saucy Buck ew 12/1 Stan James 4th run for R Smith yard after previously being with channon and is back down to last winning mark of 63 when last successful over CD. Takes a drop in grade into class 6 tonight and runs ok on aw. Jockey / trainer are a decent combo and had a winner other day.