UEFA Champions League > 22nd / 23rd August

Re: UEFA Champions League > 22nd / 23rd August

In Villareal none of the odds looks good to me. The Asian line of - 1,75 is set currently at 1,875 with bet365, Over 2,5 Goals is at 1,60 - not happy at all! In any case all I need is Odense to keep it tight for the first 20 minutes - then these odds will be far more acceptable... IMO in the first leg Villareal were simply not focused enough. They dominated the game, but not to the extend quoted in a post above. Today should be different, and experience in European games counts a lot. Man-to-man Villareal are a class above both Odense and PAO, in case that win in Athens makes anyone having doubts. Odense are sharp enough to score, but I rather see them defending hard - the longer it stays 0-0, the more nervous hosts will get. My picks: FH Odense + 1 EH @ 2,25 - 3 points. Strange odds, the Asian Line for + 0,75 is @ 2,05 Villareal - 2 AH @ 2,075 - 3 points Villareal to score a penalty @ 4,50 - 1,5 points Rossi to score 2 or more @ 4,00 - 1,5 points, with the guy taking the penalties
Happy with this one, had it on a plate. 10 points won Total for the night in CL - 30 POINTS STAKED FOR 6,95 POINTS PROFIT :ok:ok:ok

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Champions League > 22nd / 23rd August APOEL - Wisla Krakow over 2.5 @ 2.48 :D Zurich - Bayern Munich under 2.5 @ 2.35 :D Dinamo Zagreb @ 2.04 :@ Tossing this up with the under and took the wrong option. Would have been a perfect night Villareal -2.5 @ 2.75 :D Racing Genk - Maccabi Haifa over 2.5 @ 1.92 :D Nicely done nicko :cheers

APOEL - Wisla Krakow over 2.5 @ 2.48 :D Zurich - Bayern Munich under 2.5 @ 2.35 :D Dinamo Zagreb @ 2.04 :@ Tossing this up with the under and took the wrong option. Would have been a perfect night Villareal -2.5 @ 2.75 :D Racing Genk - Maccabi Haifa over 2.5 @ 1.92 :D Nicely done nicko :cheers
You are not bad yourself as I can see. Good work!!!:ok

Sport Football (Champions League) Event FC Zurich vs Bayern Munich Selection Clean Sheet - Bayern Munich Strength 10/10 Date 23/08/2011 Bookmaker/Price Skybet @ 2.50 Reasoning I like the look of this bet for tomorrow. In the first leg, FC Zurich hardly looked like scoring and were on the backfoot for majority of the match. Bayern Munich have now won 3 games in a row keeping clean sheets in all of those matches. With a 2:0 lead from the first leg, Bayern are more than likely to go through. Whether they will be up for scoring a goal or not is another matter. One thing that I am confident about is for them to keep a clean sheet in this second leg. With these good odds, I am more than happy to be backing this bet.
FT: 0-1 I saw most of the game, and it seemed that Bayern were more comfortable than in the first leg. They could and perhaps should have scored more goals, and never really looked like conceding - so the clea sheet at 2.5 was a very good bet :ok

I'll have a double today APOEL - Wisla >2 goals and Genk - Haifa >2.5 combined odds @3.21 7/10 pts As I stated before, I'm backing overs in Wisla game; I don't think they will come there to defend, it's always risky when you play a cypriot side away. Wisla's coach makes daring comments that his team will score inside first 10 minutes, but I'd prefer they don't concede early. As the game wears on, it will be much easier to hit on the counter, as APOEL will obviously have to attack. I'd ignore any comments about the heat in Cyprus, and that it will be a major advantage for the hosts. The game is played between 10 and 12pm local time and the temperature will not be that high. Wisla has talent in the ranks and will put up a decent fight tonight, surely. Therefore I'll also have a go at: Wisla dnb @3.5 1/10 Wisla win @5.5 0.5/10 over 3 goals @3.2 1/10 all at bet365 as for the Genk game, much was said before, so I won't cover it again cheers and good luck! :hope
not a bad day bettingwise, but it's a pity that my team didn't make it to the Champions League group stages. Wisla was never close, and they will have to wait another season to make their dream come true 9.5 pts staked, 25 returned for the night cheers lads

I'm going for a genk win today Genk is playing some good football and you saw last weekend they already where focussing on this game. Some players had some rest in the weekend and every player wants to play champions league. In the first round we saw Haifa playing really good the first half hour. There was a lot of pressure on the ball but they couldn't keep the pressure for an whole game. Could be they put the pressure on again this game, but again it won't be a whole game. Genk is a good team with a good squad. The right defender was a problem in Haifa but now Anele and VandenBorre are back. could go to a +2.5 aswell, but I'm going for a Genk win 2.12 are nice odds if you ask me. gl all! :hope:hope
yeey bet won :beer

Re: UEFA Champions League > 22nd / 23rd August Without Nasri and Koscielny Arsenal look like a serious lay material @ 3.3. The price actually might shorthen before KO, as it usually happens with English teams. The spine of the team is missing and god knows who's going to deliver final passes to RVP. Udinese had more clear cut chances in the first leg as far as I rememeber and with Arsenal not being the best travellers in Europe, lay @3.3 seems fairly safe.

Without Nasri and Koscielny Arsenal look like a serious lay material @ 3.3. The price actually might shorthen before KO, as it usually happens with English teams. The spine of the team is missing and god knows who's going to deliver final passes to RVP. Udinese had more clear cut chances in the first leg as far as I rememeber and with Arsenal not being the best travellers in Europe, lay @3.3 seems fairly safe.
very much agreed, I think that Arsenal will struggle tomorrow in a game that could potentially end Arsene Wenger's era, should they fail to qualify I was looking at Udinese to go through @3.25 or a straight home win @2.25, and will decide tomorrow what to go for The things are going bad at Arsenal at the moment, with key players leaving the club or being close to do so. Without Fabregas and Nasri, the midfield looks so weak, especially that Ramsey and Frimpong seem to be not ready yet Udinese created numerous goalscoring opportunities at the Emirates, and I think they will capitalise on some of them when playing at home sad, but it could be the first season without Arsenal in CL group stages in many years :@

Re: UEFA Champions League > 22nd / 23rd August In review - Dinamo was a disgrace yesterday, they almost gave me a heart attack, and blew my 200€ winning ticket to hell. Kelava will be made a saint in Zagreb. Stupid supporter-bets, they always get me... And a question. The prices for Viktoria Plzen - FC Copenhagen are out (missing form the first post): BET365 1 X 2 1X X2 12 Viktoria Plzen - FC Copenhagen 2,50 3,50 2,75 1,4 1,5 1,28 Am I the only one that find value in Viktoria's win, considering that they managed an away win by two goals (1:3) last week? Are there any team news that might be relevant to this bet? As I see it, Viktoria will play on the counter, so some DNB bet (@1,72 Bet365) might be in order?

Re: UEFA Champions League > 22nd / 23rd August Ok let we see. UDINESE-ARSENAL Starting line up for UDINESE S. Handanovic J. Ekstrand M. Benatia Danilo Neuton E. Agyemang Badu K. Asamoah M. Isla P. Armero G. Pinzi A. Di Natale Starting line up for ARSENAL W. Szczesny B. Sagna J. Djourou T. Vermaelen A. Traoré A. Song A. Ramsey T. Walcott T. Rosický Gervinho R. van Persie Arsenal will be without Samir Nasri and Jack Wilshere for their crunch Champions League play-off second leg at Udinese. Nasri is on the brink of joining Manchester City, while Wilshere is ruled out after suffering a setback in his recovery from an ankle problem. Also missing will be Laurent Koscielny (back), Nicklas Bendtner, Abou Diaby (both ankle), Kieran Gibbs (hamstring) and Sebastien Squillaci, but Tomas Rosicky, Johan Djourou and Armand Traore are fit, as are Alex Song, Gervinho and Emmanuel Frimpong amid their domestic suspensions. Udinese will be without striker Antonio Floro Flores, who has suffered a recurrence of the thigh injury which ruled him out of the first leg in London. Centre-back Maurizio Domizzi will also be missing with a similar complaint, while full-back Dusan Basta is also sidelined for Francesco Guidolin's side at the Stadio Friuli. Last week’s first leg at the Emirates Stadium was the only previous meeting between these two sides. Arsenal have lost only five of their 26 previous meetings with Italian opposition in Europe, and have conceded only one goal in the last seven occasions they have faced an Italian side. Arsenal will visit Udinese after having failed to score in their two opening Premier League fixtures; the last time this happened to the Gunners was 42 years ago, back in the 1969/70 campaign. Arsenal have won all nine legs of their five Champions League Qualifying matches to date, including the reverse fixture with Udinese, conceding only two goals in the process. Udinese have lost three of their last four European games, drawing one. However, at home they are unbeaten in their last five games (four wins and a draw). Arsenal’s last eight European games away from home have seen them lose six times, and win two. Last Tuesday at the Emirates, Udinese attempted 18 shots, six more than Arsenal, but hit the target only three times Eight of these shots were attempted by Antonio di Natale, who has been the Serie A top-scorer in the past two seasons (29 goals scored in 2009-10 and 28 last term). Overall, Di Natale has been the most prolific Serie A scorer over the last five seasons with 97 goals in 160 games.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 22nd / 23rd August Udinese – Arsenal Even though Udinese lost the first leg they played a good game and will be much more dangerous at home. In their last 3 games Arsenal scored only 1 goal and conceded 2. Their defense is not so strong either at the moment considering all the absentees and they also conceded many goals in pre-season friendlies. Arsenal players are young and don’t have much experience and some can’t handle pressure. Arsenal has several key players missing and the stakes are high in this game and Arsenal can miss Champions League for the first time in like 10 years. Referee for this game is Olegario Benquerenca. I have checked his stats and noticed that he shows many cards, especially in key games. For instance Man.United 2-1 Chelsea (CL ¼ final): 6 yellow, 1 red; Wales 0-2 England: 7 yellow, 1 penalty Roma 2-3 Shakhtar (CL, Round of 16) 7 yellow Ajax 2-1 Aucerre (CL, Group stage) 6 yellow, 2 red Over 65 Booking Points @ 2.20 (2 units) Ladbrokes Penalty Awarded @ 3.75 (1 unit) William Hill Red Card @ 3.40 (1 unit) William Hill

Re: UEFA Champions League > 22nd / 23rd August I can see tonight's match going under again. Udinese had their chance to get an away goal and really put the heat on Arsenal but they failed to convert their chances. They know that if Arsenal score tonight then they are as good as out. Scoring three at home seems unlikely given how wasteful they were last time. In that I think they'll try to get forward as controlled as possible - they wont be gung ho at all. Guidolin knows that they will get chances eventually - the focus is not to concede. I think they can achieve that task relatively well. They got caught cold early on in the first-leg but after that Neuton dealt with Walcott well and Ekstrand was faultless on the right hand side. Walcott is still dangerous but he's a bit of a braindead winger - if you get to grips with his pace then you are more than half way there. Arshavin is waste - every time he gets the ball he looks like he is going to poo his pants. I think Gervinho is much the same as Walcott. RVP is the genuine threat because he has a brain and is a top class player. Di Natale was too isolated at times in the first-leg and I think it will be a similar case today. It perhaps wont be as bad because Udinese would hope they can try to control the ball a bit more than before - as opposed to trading fast attacks with Arsenal. Things got a bit out of hand for Arsenal last time so perhaps they will take a more patient approach to the match as well. While both teams have attacking threat - Udinese don't want to concede and Arsenal should be happy to feel the match out a little. The match has potential for explosion but I see a more cautious approach from the two - especially early on. Correct Score (HT) 0-0 - 2.75 - 2 points Under 2.5 goals - 1.80 - 4 points Correct Score (FT) 1-1 - 6.00 - 0.5 points All Bet365

Re: UEFA Champions League > 22nd / 23rd August Personally I'd say it's a bit late jumping on Udinese or laying Arsenal. The odds have already done their moving. I'm not Arsenal's biggest fan, but they still can put out a decent side, and playing on the counter may suit them better, as I can see them initially trying to hold on to what they have, and an away goal here I think will see them through allright.

I can see tonight's match going under again. Udinese had their chance to get an away goal and really put the heat on Arsenal but they failed to convert their chances. They know that if Arsenal score tonight then they are as good as out. Scoring three at home seems unlikely given how wasteful they were last time. In that I think they'll try to get forward as controlled as possible - they wont be gung ho at all. Guidolin knows that they will get chances eventually - the focus is not to concede. I think they can achieve that task relatively well. They got caught cold early on in the first-leg but after that Neuton dealt with Walcott well and Ekstrand was faultless on the right hand side. Walcott is still dangerous but he's a bit of a braindead winger - if you get to grips with his pace then you are more than half way there. Arshavin is waste - every time he gets the ball he looks like he is going to poo his pants. I think Gervinho is much the same as Walcott. RVP is the genuine threat because he has a brain and is a top class player. Di Natale was too isolated at times in the first-leg and I think it will be a similar case today. It perhaps wont be as bad because Udinese would hope they can try to control the ball a bit more than before - as opposed to trading fast attacks with Arsenal. Things got a bit out of hand for Arsenal last time so perhaps they will take a more patient approach to the match as well. While both teams have attacking threat - Udinese don't want to concede and Arsenal should be happy to feel the match out a little. The match has potential for explosion but I see a more cautious approach from the two - especially early on. Correct Score (HT) 0-0 - 2.75 - 2 points Under 2.5 goals - 1.80 - 4 points Correct Score (FT) 1-1 - 6.00 - 0.5 points All Bet365
....nice reasoning from you and all of the ones above, gonna follow you on the unders and 1:1 Fulltime...wanted to do some write up myself but everything i wanted to say was already said gl :ok

Re: UEFA Champions League > 22nd / 23rd August I don't see any point to back Udinese, they played one competitive match so far, they sold 3 very important players, Di Natale is always showing good performances in serie A, but in Europe not much has been seen from him so far. They got great attacking wing backs in Armero and Isla, very good goalkeeper, defence is without Zapata...new acquisition Danilo and especially Neuton didn't convince me in last game. Midfield is without Inler, attack without Sanchez... I know Arsenal may have the worst team for years, but they still got some quality and they can surely score against not so good Udinese defence, which would put Udinese qualifying in great danger as they must than score three. I still think the best bet for this game is both to score.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 22nd / 23rd August If arsenal scores a goal, then udinese will have to score 3 to qualify. I can see Arsenal doing some hearty defending for the first half of the game perhaps playing on the counter. Personally i feel than the score for the first half will end 0 - 0 or 1 - 0 to either side

Personally I'd say it's a bit late jumping on Udinese or laying Arsenal. The odds have already done their moving. I'm not Arsenal's biggest fan' date=' but they still can put out a decent side, and playing on the counter may suit them better, as I can see them initially trying to hold on to what they have, and an away goal here I think will see them through allright.[/quote'] It's a tough one to call. If Udinese get an early goal, they would have the momentum and be favourites to go through, but Arsenal only need to score one and Udinese need three. But apparently Udinese were the better side in the first half - if they carry that form on perhaps it could be high-scoring Udinese win?

Re: UEFA Champions League > 22nd / 23rd August Rubin Kazan - Lyon over 2.5 @ 2.11 pinnacle Lyon lead 3-1 after the first leg, so expect Rubin Kaza to go for it early as they need to win 2-0 to progress. They will like their chances to score, as they did manage to create some chances in the first leg, and have scored in both of their recent games in the Russian League. Also Lyon did concede in the first leg, as well as in all three French Lique 1 games, so their defence is not that strong to be able to hold them out for the whole game. especially as it looks like Cris and Mensah are out once again for the second leg. As for Lyon, they are not the team that likes to sit back and defend, and with Rubin coming forward, they will like their chances of hitting them on the counter. They have scored in each of their Lique 1 games, while noting that Rubin have also conceded in their two recent Russian games. With both teams likely to score, then the possibility of a third goal to send it over as pretty likely to occur given that neither defence is that solid. Benfica -1.5 @ 2.52 pinnacle Benifca have the advantage after the first leg, even though it finished 2-2, those 2 away goals mean that they can, if they want, sit back and let Twente Enschede come after them. The concern for Twente was how Benfica were able to breach their defence twice, and now in the second leg, where Benfica tend to be quite good at home, their task of qualifying has become much harder. While Twente have shown that they are a good side, can see Benfica attacking rather than sitting back, and opening the scoring here, as they are a team that likes to attack, since they are not that good defensively, and with Saviola and Cardozo up front, they have too much quality for the Dutch side to hold out. From this, Twente will even more so need to come out and attack, and can see Benfica getting more opportunities as they expose bigger holes in the Twente defence.While they are probably not a 2 goal better side that Twente, circumstances may force Twente to be more attacking and this allows Benfica to score at least twice here. Viktoria Plzen @ 2.53 pinnacle Viktoria Plzen shocked Copenhagen as they were very disciplined and clinical in going to Denmark and waiting for the opportunties to score, which they did, and as such lead 3-1 from the first leg, with Copenhagen needing to win 3-0 to qualify. Defensively, Plzen did not give much away, and like them to be even more organised at home, where Copenhagen will need to come at them. Plzen showed in the first leg how patient they can be and like them in the second leg to hit Copenhagen on the counter to record a win, like they did in the previous round of the CL, where they won 1-0 at Rosenborg in the first leg and then beat them 3-2 at home in the second leg. Sturm Graz @ 2.49 pinnacle These two teams had a 1-1 draw in the first leg, and Sturn Graz has the advantage with the away goal. In their previous CL games, SG won 2-0 at home to Videoton and then lost 3-2 away to still progress, and then this was followed by a 1-1 draw at Zestafoni and then winning 1-0 at home against them to set up this CL play off game with BATE Borisov. So while they have maanged to score in each of their CL games, and expect them to do so again here, they have not conceded in their 2 home games, and with the onus on BATE to make the play, believe that they can take advantage of lapses in the BATE defence. SG could have scored another 1 or 2 more goals if they had made more of their good opportunities to score. As for BATE Borisov, they drew 1-1 at Lindfield before beating them 2-0 at home, and then drew 0-0 once again on the road at Ekranas before winning 3-1 at home. Where BB were more defensive in the first legs in the previous rounds, that was because they were playing away, but with their away leg being now the second leg for them, and they are disadvantaged by conceding a goal at home, this will force them to attack more. While they are a side that likes to take their time in creating their attacks, this could lead to frustration on their part as the game moves into the second half and they have not been able to score. SG are in a good position to hit them on the counter the longer that this occurs. Like SG to hold them out while taking advantage of some impatience and then mistakes in the BB defence. Udinese @ 2.65 pinnacle Arsenal look out of sorts, and are ripe for Udinese to take them apart. They were ordinary and uninspiring compared to the Arsenal sides of previous years, with injuries and transfers decimating the side. After taking an early lead in the first leg, you would have assumed that they would go on and win the game comfortably, but the longer the game went on, the more comfortable Udinese looked and the more likely they were to score. Udinese had their chances to score, and believe that if they are to get similar chances in the second leg, this time the likes of Di Natale to score. Arsenal look like a side that is playing without direction, guidance and confidence, with players and the manager getting frustrated on what is happening on and off the pitch. Not the ideal preparation to get into the CL group stages, and liking Udinese to win this one, but unsure if they will qualify, as a 1-0 scoreline sends it to extra time and maybe penalties, or a 2-1 win sees Arsenal progress on away goals.

very much agreed, I think that Arsenal will struggle tomorrow in a game that could potentially end Arsene Wenger's era, should they fail to qualify I was looking at Udinese to go through @3.25 or a straight home win @2.25, and will decide tomorrow what to go for The things are going bad at Arsenal at the moment, with key players leaving the club or being close to do so. Without Fabregas and Nasri, the midfield looks so weak, especially that Ramsey and Frimpong seem to be not ready yet Udinese created numerous goalscoring opportunities at the Emirates, and I think they will capitalise on some of them when playing at home sad, but it could be the first season without Arsenal in CL group stages in many years :@
i decided to stay away from this, it's horribly hard to call after all, Arsenal plays very good football away from home and have the advantage will probably bet in-play good luck with your bets lads! :hope

Re: UEFA Champions League > 22nd / 23rd August For those who are looking to find one more reason to back Udinese - something interesting to take in mind is that Arsenal lost 5 of their last 6 away games in CL and usually Gunners are not so convincing far from home: Porto v Arsenal 2-1 Barcelona v Arsenal 4-1 Partizan v Arsenal 1-3 Shaktar Donetsk v Arsenal 2-1 Braga v Arsenal 2-0 Barcelona v Arsenal 3-1

Re: UEFA Champions League > 22nd / 23rd August Rubin vs Lyon. > 2.15 goals. 2.13 @ Pinnacle Can not believe these odds. Rubin totally messed up in the first leg in Lyon and now need to win by couple goals so there's absolutely no chance they will allow this game to be played in slow pace. Rubin will go all guns blazin and will try and score some goals. Lyon have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last six matches which is a positive sign for the Russians. Benfica vs Twente. > 2.5 goals. 1.77 @ 5Dimes It was a cracking 2-2 draw in the first leg and I expect nothing less in Lisbon today. Benfica are vulnerable in defence and can give away goals even against average teams in domestic league, let alone European opponents. Their attack with the likes of Saviola and Cardozo should do the job however and make their progression to group stages possible. I'd say it will be 2-1 on the night for Benfica. Udinese DNB vs Arsenal. 1.85 @ Bwin Arsenal don't need to win tonight. They can afford to lose by one goal and still go throug as long as they score themselves. Amazingly, Wenger has been saying that winning tonigh is not essential. I'm sure they'll be playing for a draw but it's a dangerous thing to do in Italy. Despite losing the first leg, Udinese was better side in that match. Arsenal are in huge mess right now and I think Udinese can take advantage of that. Can't see Arsenal winning tonight so taking Udinese with DNB option.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 22nd / 23rd August Chatting this over with a Gooner at work has enticed me into a small punt on a h/t draw @ 2.2 with bet365

Was going to go with a 0-0 correct score pick, but am more comfortable to shave the odds and cover the score draw.

Conceding is a major fear for both teams; ARS score and UDS need 3, UDS score and it could equal the floodgates opening for a weakened ARS side. I reckon it’ll be cagey to begin with and will remain tight at least until after h/t.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 22nd / 23rd August UEFA Competitions 2011-2012 2-1-0 +1.00 units (66.66%) Udinese pick -116 to win 1 unit @ 5dimes This Arsenal frankly just not doing it for me. They won the first game, but I think they are just too young to finish out in a big game on the road in Europe. Udinese has to be expected to get into the group stage by the fans.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 22nd / 23rd August Udinese vs Arsenal Alex Song to be shown a card? YES 9/5 Betfair I feel these are good odds with someone with a mediocre disciplinary record. Last season he was carded 9 times in 44 appearances, and committed on average 2.25 fouls a game. With the increased exposure that the defensive positions have (due to inferior players to Cesc and Nasri playing, notably Ramsey and Rosicky), Arsenal are unable to retain the ball as well as they can up the pitch, meaning the last man before the defence, Song, is usually caught on the wrong side, or being left exposed 1 vs 1 against an attacker. This, combined with (as has been noted) a card happy ref, as well as Di Natale's clever movement off the ball and between defence and midfield, I'll be happy to take this bet.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 22nd / 23rd August while i admit that arsenal are out of all sorts but i can not see them not making champions league. that would be just financially very bad for the club. they have to move on from nasri and fabregas and i think arsenal will come together and improve on the first leg mistakes and win. arsenal was 3.25 at bet365 and now has dropped to 2.75. i'm glad i had taken it earlier

Re: UEFA Champions League > 22nd / 23rd August 4pts - Udinese v Arsenal over 2.5 Goals @ 2.00 Bet365 The home team has to score at least one goal, so they can't just sit back and defend. At some point in the match they will have to take the game to Arsenal, and from the evidence of the first leg they are more than capable of causing the Arsenal defence problems. Arsenal on the other hand is a great counter attacking side and I think are at their most dangerous when sides come at them. They welcome RVP back into the side and I expect him to cause the Udinese defence more problems than Arsenal managed in the home leg. 5 out of Arsenals last 6 European AWAY games have gone over. This is such a massive game for both sides and it could be a cagey affair. However with the attacking quality on display and the odds on offer I'm much happier being on the overs.